PDA

View Full Version : Which Vintage Figures NEED To Be VOTC'D?

jjreason
06-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Okay, this might take awhile. My plan is to input the list of vintage figures and see which ones I think NEED the VOTC treatment. For the figure to get a * from me, (the * will precede that figure on my list if I feel it deserves the treatment), the following things will be taken into consideration:

1) Does ANY version of this character exist in the same costume (for main characters) that is a suitable "ultimate" version of that character?

2) Would it be worthwhile to provide collectors with another chance at obtaining a previously released VOTC figure on a different re-made card (eg. Boba Fett on a ROTJ Jabba's Skiff battle card)?

3) Would the "ultimate" version of this character be well enough created using the basic figure format?

Okay, that being said, here's the list. If anyone would care to chime in here, you could add ****'s to your choices by first quoting this post, then removing the [QUOTE] from the beginning and the end of the post, and add the stars beside the figures you'd like to see done like this. I'm also happy to add ****'s for people that don't want to go to the trouble. I would think that after a few people "vote", we'll be able to see which figures would make successful additions to the VOTC line.

Oh, and the "X" signifies figures that have been done this way already - even though we might like to see them again, it ain't likely going to happen.

ANH

X Luke Tatooine
X Han Solo
X Princess Leia
* Tusken Raider
Jawa
Death Squad Commander
Darth Vader
* R2-D2 (ANH card had different pic)
C3PO
X Obi Wan Kenobi
* Stormtrooper (recard due to demand)
Chewbacca

Luke X-Wing Pilot
Greedo
Power Droid
Death Star Droid
Hammerhead
Snaggletooth
* R5-D4
Walrus Man

Boba Fett

ESB (29 new figures first, recarded ANH figures listed after those)

Bossk
Dengar
Zuckuss
4-Lom
IG-88
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Hoth Leia
* Bespin Han
Bespin Leia
Bespin Luke
X Yoda
X Lando Calrissian
FX7
21B
* Hoth Rebel Soldier
* Hoth Rebel Commander
* Snowtrooper
TIE Pilot
* AT-AT Commander (Gen. Veers with both armor and tunic, 2 heads)
* AT-AT Driver
Imperial Officer
Twin Pod Cloud Car Pilot
Lobot
Ugnaughts
R2-D2 with Sensorscope
* C3PO with removable limbs (make him better, put him on the ESB card)
Bespin Guard
Bespin Guard (black)

Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Princess Leia (ANH)
Han Solo (ANH)
X C3PO (not pull apart)
Stormtrooper
X Darth Vader
Obi Wan Kenobi
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Star Destroyer Commander
Hammerhead
R5-D4
Snaggletooth
Greedo
Death Star Droid
Walrus Man
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot

ROJ (30 new figures first, recarded ANH and ESB figures added after)

* Bib Fortuna
Ree Yees
Weequay
Emperor's Royal Guard
Chief Chirpa
Lando in Disguise
Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight
* Leia - Boushh Disguise
Logray
Squid Head
Klaatu
Gammorean Guard
General Madine
Nien Nunb
* Rebel Commando
* Biker Scout
Admiral Ackbar
Nikto
Klaatu - Skiff Guard
B-Wing Pilot
* Han Solo - Endor Trench Coat
Teebo
AT-ST Driver
Prune Face
Wicket
* The Emperor
Rancor Keeper
Leia - Endor Poncho
8D8
Paploo

* Chewbacca (new pic from ROJ)
Luke Skywalker (new pic from ANH)
Princess Leia
Han Solo
* Stormtrooper (again, the demand is there)
Darth Vader (new pic)
Obi Wan Kenobi (new pic)
Tusken Raider
Star Destroyer Commander
Snaggletooth
Walrus Man
* Boba Fett (new pic)
21B
Yoda (new pic)
Han Solo - Bespin
R2-D2 with Sensorscope
Bespin Guard (black)
AT-AT Commander

POTF (again, new figures first followed by recarded ones)

EV-9D9
Imperial Dignitary
Warok
Romba
Lumat
* Luke Skywalker - Stormtrooper Disguise
Lando Calrissian - Rebel General
* Han Solo - Carbonite
R2-D2 with Pop Up Saber
Amanaman
Barada
Anakin Skywalker
Imperial Gunner
A-Wing Pilot
Luke Skywalker - Endor Poncho
Yak Face

Chewbacca
Stormtrooper
Obi Wan Kenobi
Jawa
Yoda
C3PO with removable limbs
Biker Scout
B-Wing Pilot
Han Solo - Endor Trench Coat
Teebo
AT-ST Driver
The Emperor
Paploo

mabudonicus
06-27-2005, 06:09 PM
JJ- where's the love for the 'Deuce???
If there's ANY figure that needs to be "fixed" it's him, man, even the Cobham kids have stated this as fact :beard:
but your list is pretty comprehensive, so far I would have to agree with all of it besides the stated correction

* 21B (toonebee)

jjreason
06-27-2005, 06:12 PM
You know how I loves me lists, Mabs. :D

I'll throw up a * for the Deuce. ;)

My own personal opinion on 2-1B is that a new basic figure would be fine - but if you want the different coloured beverages cycling through his abdomenal cavities, you're going to have to be willing to pay a little more. ;)

2-1B
06-28-2005, 01:39 AM
2-1:beard: because I'd love a vintage repro card and actually Has:beard: could really work both angles on this one - old school Deuce on an ESB card and retrofitted Deuce on an ROTS card.

Win / win.

DarkArtist
06-28-2005, 04:52 PM
After looking at the list of the original vintage Kenner figures i noticed that not all of them need to be made over in the new Hasbro VOTC style. Here is my list of ones that I would like to see get the VOTC treatment:

Luke Skywalker (Tatoonie) - after that pile of plastic crap that Hasbro gave us we really need a new version. besides who doesn't want a figure of their favorite whiny farmboy. - accessories: tuskan raider rifle, floppy hat, t-16 model, binoculers, poncho. :)

Luke Skywalker (Yavin) - the last version of the POTJ luke x-wing had something but also fell short of making a great figure. accessories: blaster pistol, and softgood holster, i like the idea of holstering weapons, lightsaber and lightsaber hilt, plus a peg to insert hilt on the belt, removable helmet, and decent facial sculpt. :)

Luke Skywalker (Death Star Duel) - basically ROTJLuke said it best, but with his version i would add the removable soft goods vest for those fights aboard Jabba's barge, a jedi cloak, and the endor poncho and helmet. what can I say ROTJLuke but your idea is the ultimate version. :D

Princess Leia (Hoth) - not much can be done to this figure other then the fact that i love the character and we can't have too many female action figures, afterall star wars is almost a male dominated universe. accessories: blaster pistol, interchangeable head, can be switched with the bespin leia head to create the escape from bespin look, stormtrooper blaster rifle.

Princess Leia (Tatoonie) - it doesn't take much to release that this could be the definitive slave leia we have all been waiting for. soft goods skirt, metal slave chain, force pike, massive articulation, it would be awesome to pose leia on jabba's throne just like in the movie. (i know she was never made in the vintage line but there is always wishful thinking) :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Han Solo (Hoth) - while the saga edition of this action figure was indeed a major improvement over the POTF figure, still articualtion can be the one thing missing that would make this figure awesome.

Han Solo (Bespin) - again the POTJ figure was again a major improvement over the original POTF figure yet still articualtion and a torture chair would have made this figure rock.

Darth Vader (Death Star Duel) - great companion figure to be introduced along with the Death Star Duel Luke. accessories: lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, soft goods cloak,removable hand, removable 3 piece helmet with the new and improved hayden head underneath, perhaps even a funeral pyre accessory. :crazed:

Emperor Palpatine (Death Star Duel) - another companion figure to the above mentioned. accessories: throne, cane, lighting effect, Luke's lightsaber hilt.

AT-AT Commander (Hoth) - General Veers really had no good figure released to date and since he was seen more in his officers's uniform then in the combat uniform he should be remade. accessories would include a comlink, combat armor that is removable, interchangable head. :) :)

Death Squad Commander (Endor) - since these guys were in combat during the battle with the ewoks they two deserve a figure. accessories: blaster rifle, comlink.

Rebel Solider (Hoth) - even though we did get multiple version of this guy still articulation got the better of him and he still fell short. accessories: blaster rifle and blaster pistol that can be holstered. comlink, removable helmet.

Rebel Solider (Endor) - again same as above

Imperial Biker Scout (Endor) - While the POTJ version is a great figure it still needs work, this one need the articulation. should come with a blaster pistol, rifle, comlink, and removable helmet featuring the rebel solider's head. :crazed:

Emperor's Royal Guard (Throne Room) - yes i know we got the definitive version of the guard with the ROTS line and I would change a thing, I just love this guys and this could be a way for the fans to get them again since they are extremely hard to find. my only change would be to include a force pike and remove the blaster rifle. :crazed: :crazed:

C-3PO (Bespin) - Once again after being saddled with the hunk of crap that hasbro gave us, they owe us. Only this time, blasted away threepio gets the treatment. needs to be blaster damage and have removable limbs, this could be even a two pack with artoo.

well that's about it, i sure i can think of some other things to go along with these figure but for now it'll do. :)

jjreason
06-29-2005, 02:21 AM
Okay, since that first post contains a list the likes of which no one can easily navigate more than once per page - this reply contains a list of ONLY the figures that have received ****'s so far.

Oh, and no offence to anyone who's asking for figures that weren't made in the Vintage line, but they won't get the VOTC treatment. Very worthy of inclusion in the basic or deluxe figure lines perhaps, but not VOTC.

ANH

* Tusken Raider
* R2-D2
* Stormtrooper (needs to be rereleased, any card will do)
* R5-D4
* Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot
* Death Squad Commander

ESB

** 2-1B
** Han Solo - Bespin
* Princess Leia - Hoth
** Hoth Rebel Soldier
* Hoth Rebel Commander
* Snowtrooper
** AT-AT Commander (Veers)
* AT-AT Driver
** C3PO with removable limbs
* Han Solo - Hoth gear

ROJ

* Bib Fortuna
** Princess Leia - Boushh Disguise
** Rebel Commando
** Biker Scout
** The Emperor
* Han Solo - Endor Trench Coat
* Emperor's Royal Guard

* Chewbacca (same figure on ROJ card with Endor pic)
* Boba Fett (same figure on ROJ card with skiff battle pic)

POTF

* Luke Skywalker - Stormtrooper Armor
** Han Solo - in Carbonite
* Luke Skywalker - Endor Poncho (removable to incorporate final duel Luke)

Slicker
06-29-2005, 02:32 AM
The only 2 figs that I'd really like to see are a new Boussh and a new Han in Carbonite. My reasoning being that these 2 figs were made nearly 10 years ago and still haven't been redone. Granted they were pretty decent sculpts to begin with but come on. Also I'd really like the Han in Carbonite because it'd be neat and different to have a POTF card and a coin to go with it since Hasbro somehow managed to forget to include POTF figs in the first run of VOTC.

jjreason
06-29-2005, 03:09 AM
Good choices, Slicker. Your *s were added to my previous post (as the edit function was still available).

Isn't it amazing somewhat that someone out there wants to remake ALL of those figure in the VOTC format? Who in their right mind needs a VOTC Power Droid? That report must have been out to lunch.

Looking over it again and again, there are really only a very few truly viable candidates. So many of the figures out there that need new versions would be perfectly well recreated as updated basic figures.

DiminutiveJedi
06-29-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but the vintage style figures are just that, vintage style. If the vintage toy didn't have a removable hand, this one won't either.
Look at VOTC Vader. Now look at Evolutions Vader. Am I right?
Also, I don't think we need to cloud the line with extra versions of characters currently available.
That being said, here go my list.

ANH

X Luke Tatooine
X Han Solo
X Princess Leia
* Tusken Raider
* Jawa
Death Squad Commander
Darth Vader
R2-D2
C3PO
X Obi Wan Kenobi
* Stormtrooper
Chewbacca

* Luke X-Wing Pilot
* Greedo
Power Droid
Death Star Droid
* Hammerhead
Snaggletooth
* R5-D4
Walrus Man

Boba Fett

ESB (29 new figures first, recarded ANH figures listed after those)

* Bossk
* Dengar
* Zuckuss
* 4-Lom
* IG-88
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Hoth Leia
Bespin Han
Bespin Leia
Bespin Luke
X Yoda
X Lando Calrissian
FX7
* 21B
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Hoth Rebel Commander
* Snowtrooper
TIE Pilot
AT-AT Commander
AT-AT Driver
Imperial Officer
Twin Pod Cloud Car Pilot
Lobot
Ugnaughts
R2-D2 with Sensorscope
Bespin Guard
Bespin Guard (black)

Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Princess Leia (ANH)
Han Solo (ANH)
X C3PO (not pull apart)
Stormtrooper
X Darth Vader
Obi Wan Kenobi
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Star Destroyer Commander
Hammerhead
R5-D4
Snaggletooth
Greedo
Death Star Droid
Walrus Man

ROJ (30 new figures first, recarded ANH and ESB figures added after)

* Bib Fortuna
Ree Yees
Weequay
* Emperor's Royal Guard
Chief Chirpa
Lando in Disguise
Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight
* Leia - Boushh Disguise
Logray
Squid Head
Klaatu
* Gammorean Guard
General Madine
Nien Nunb
* Rebel Commando
* Biker Scout
Admiral Ackbar
Nikto
Klaatu - Skiff Guard
B-Wing Pilot
Teebo
AT-ST Driver
Prune Face
* Wicket
The Emperor
* Rancor Keeper
Leia - Endor Poncho
8D8
* Paploo

X Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia
Han Solo
X Stormtrooper
Darth Vader
Obi Wan Kenobi
Tusken Raider
Star Destroyer Commander
Snaggletooth
Walrus Man
X Boba Fett
21B
Yoda
Han Solo - Bespin
X R2-D2 with Sensorscope
Bespin Guard
AT-AT Commander

POTF (again, new figures first followed by recarded ones)

EV-9D9
Imperial Dignitary
* Warok
* Romba
* Lumat
Lando Calrissian - Rebel General
* Han Solo - Carbonite
* R2-D2 with Pop Up Saber
Amanaman
Barada
* Anakin Skywalker
Imperial Gunner
A-Wing Pilot
Luke Skywalker - Endor Poncho
Yak Face

Chewbacca
Stormtrooper
Obi Wan Kenobi
Jawa
Yoda
Biker Scout
B-Wing Pilot
Teebo
AT-ST Driver
The Emperor
Paploo

Bust that.

Kidhuman
06-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Tusken Raider
Uncle Owen
Beru
Stormtrooper(re-release)
Tarkin
Jawa
R5-D4(Blowing up)

Luke Hoth
Han Hoth
Leia Hoth
Dengar
IG-88
Bossk
4-LOM
Zuckuss
Bespin Guard(enthic variations)
Stormtrooper(re-release)
2-1b
Luke w/bionic forearm showing
Lando SMugglers Gear
Veers

Bibs
Gam Guard
Weequay
Nikto
Barada
Klatuu
Ackbar
Nien Numb
Lando General
Luke Endor
Leia Endor
Han Endor
Rebel COmmando
Biker Scout
Stormtrooper (re-release)
Jerjerrod

ROTJLuke
06-29-2005, 02:22 PM
After looking at the list of the original vintage Kenner figures i noticed that not all of them need to be made over in the new Hasbro VOTC style. Here is my list of ones that I would like to see get the VOTC treatment:

Luke Skywalker (Tatoonie) - after that pile of plastic crap that Hasbro gave us we really need a new version. besides who doesn't want a figure of their favorite whiny farmboy. - accessories: tuskan raider rifle, floppy hat, t-16 model, binoculers, poncho. :)

Luke Skywalker (Yavin) - the last version of the POTJ luke x-wing had something but also fell short of making a great figure. accessories: blaster pistol, and softgood holster, i like the idea of holstering weapons, lightsaber and lightsaber hilt, plus a peg to insert hilt on the belt, removable helmet, and decent facial sculpt. :)

Luke Skywalker (Death Star Duel) - basically ROTJLuke said it best, but with his version i would add the removable soft goods vest for those fights aboard Jabba's barge, a jedi cloak, and the endor poncho and helmet. what can I say ROTJLuke but your idea is the ultimate version. :D

Princess Leia (Hoth) - not much can be done to this figure other then the fact that i love the character and we can't have too many female action figures, afterall star wars is almost a male dominated universe. accessories: blaster pistol, interchangeable head, can be switched with the bespin leia head to create the escape from bespin look, stormtrooper blaster rifle.

Princess Leia (Tatoonie) - it doesn't take much to release that this could be the definitive slave leia we have all been waiting for. soft goods skirt, metal slave chain, force pike, massive articulation, it would be awesome to pose leia on jabba's throne just like in the movie. (i know she was never made in the vintage line but there is always wishful thinking) :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Han Solo (Hoth) - while the saga edition of this action figure was indeed a major improvement over the POTF figure, still articualtion can be the one thing missing that would make this figure awesome.

Han Solo (Bespin) - again the POTJ figure was again a major improvement over the original POTF figure yet still articualtion and a torture chair would have made this figure rock.

Darth Vader (Death Star Duel) - great companion figure to be introduced along with the Death Star Duel Luke. accessories: lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, soft goods cloak,removable hand, removable 3 piece helmet with the new and improved hayden head underneath, perhaps even a funeral pyre accessory. :crazed:

Emperor Palpatine (Death Star Duel) - another companion figure to the above mentioned. accessories: throne, cane, lighting effect, Luke's lightsaber hilt.

AT-AT Commander (Hoth) - General Veers really had no good figure released to date and since he was seen more in his officers's uniform then in the combat uniform he should be remade. accessories would include a comlink, combat armor that is removable, interchangable head. :) :)

Death Squad Commander (Endor) - since these guys were in combat during the battle with the ewoks they two deserve a figure. accessories: blaster rifle, comlink.

Rebel Solider (Hoth) - even though we did get multiple version of this guy still articulation got the better of him and he still fell short. accessories: blaster rifle and blaster pistol that can be holstered. comlink, removable helmet.

Rebel Solider (Endor) - again same as above

Imperial Biker Scout (Endor) - While the POTJ version is a great figure it still needs work, this one need the articulation. should come with a blaster pistol, rifle, comlink, and removable helmet featuring the rebel solider's head. :crazed:

Emperor's Royal Guard (Throne Room) - yes i know we got the definitive version of the guard with the ROTS line and I would change a thing, I just love this guys and this could be a way for the fans to get them again since they are extremely hard to find. my only change would be to include a force pike and remove the blaster rifle. :crazed: :crazed:

C-3PO (Bespin) - Once again after being saddled with the hunk of crap that hasbro gave us, they owe us. Only this time, blasted away threepio gets the treatment. needs to be blaster damage and have removable limbs, this could be even a two pack with artoo.

well that's about it, i sure i can think of some other things to go along with these figure but for now it'll do. :)

ha,I take pride in people liking the figure I want soo desperatly. I wouldnt mind the different accessories with it, as long as one day I get an individually packaged one (since im a carded collector), and I would love it just how it states below. :)

Kidhuman
06-30-2005, 12:00 AM
I forgot to put Palps on my list as well.

jjreason
06-30-2005, 03:20 AM
Upated (and busted). :) Interesting to see who the first were to four stars...... 2-1B, Rebel Commando, Biker Scout and AT-AT Commander (General Veers).

Diminutive Jedi, I think there's some hope that they can upgrade the figures. Tatooine Luke was well upgraded - to soft goods and a detachable saber. That's a start..... some of these figures would really need extra accessories or limbs to warrant the extra price, in my opinion.

ANH

*** Tusken Raider
* R2-D2
*** Stormtrooper (needs to be rereleased, any card will do)
*** R5-D4
** Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot
* Death Squad Commander
* Jawa
* Greedo
* Hammerhead

ESB

**** 2-1B
** Han Solo - Bespin
** Princess Leia - Hoth gear
** Hoth Rebel Soldier
* Hoth Rebel Commander
** Snowtrooper
**** AT-AT Commander (Veers)
* AT-AT Driver
** Han Solo - Hoth gear
* Luke Skywalker - Hoth gear
** IG-88
** Zuckuss
** 4-LOM
** Dengar
** Bossk
* Bespin Guard

ROJ

*** Bib Fortuna
*** Princess Leia - Boushh Disguise
**** Rebel Commando
**** Biker Scout
*** The Emperor
** Han Solo - Endor Trench Coat
** Emperor's Royal Guard
** Gammorean Guard
* Weequay
* Nikto
* Klaatu
* Admiral Ackbar
* Nien Nunb
* Princess Leia - Endor Poncho
* Paploo
* Wicket
* Rancor Keeper

POTF

** Luke Skywalker - Stormtrooper Armor
** Han Solo - in Carbonite
** Luke Skywalker - Endor Poncho (removable to incorporate final duel Luke)
* Barada
* Lando - Rebel General
* R2-D2 Pop-Up Saber
* Lumat
* Warok
* Romba
* Anakin Skywalker

jjreason
07-01-2005, 12:49 PM
I found this post in another thread, and figured I would count it in this survey:

If they were to do a new VOTC line I would want..

Episode IV
1. Jawas
2. Greedo
3. Tie Pilot
4. Wedge Antilles (if they made a Vintage Wedge)

Episode V
1. Han in Carbonite
2. Snowtrooper
3. Bossk
4. General Veers

Episode VI
1. ROTJ Luke's Figure- No reason this should not be out already lol
2. Emperor
3. Royal Gaurd
4. Slave Leia

And the tally....... (take note Hasbro, the RED ones will sell very well......)

ANH

*** Tusken Raider
*** R5-D4
** Jawa
** Greedo
* Hammerhead
* R2-D2
* Death Squad Commander

ESB

***** AT-AT Commander (Veers)
**** 2-1B
**** Snowtrooper
*** Bossk
** Han Solo - Bespin
** Hoth Rebel Soldier
** Han Solo - Hoth gear
** IG-88
** Zuckuss
** 4-LOM
** Dengar
* Bespin Guard
* TIE Pilot
* Hoth Rebel Commander
* AT-AT Driver

ROJ

**** Rebel Commando
**** Biker Scout
**** The Emperor
*** Bib Fortuna
*** Emperor's Royal Guard
** Gammorean Guard
* Weequay
* Nikto
* Klaatu
* Admiral Ackbar
* Nien Nunb
* Paploo
* Wicket
* Rancor Keeper

POTF

*** Han Solo - in Carbonite
*** Luke Skywalker - Endor Poncho (removable, w removable helmet)
* Barada
* Lando - Rebel General
* R2-D2 Pop-Up Saber
* Lumat
* Warok
* Romba
* Anakin Skywalker

DarkArtist
07-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure if I would spend $10 bucks on a reissue of 2-1B the POTF version is far better then the original Kenner version and the idea of spending that type of money on a character that has less then 5 minutes of screentime is crazy.
As far as the ewoks they are another bunch that don;t need to have the VOTC treatment, just like the Power Droid.
The main characters will always sell among the collectors and kids alike, obscure or background with be grabbed by the collectors only. I was in the store the other day and there was a kid looking at all the ROTS figures and passed on Baccara and Tarkin because he told his mom they weren't in the movie. Lucky for me but this just proves that kids want more of Luke, Leia Han, R2, and the gang and not the tarkins, utapa warriors and neimodian warriors. He even passed on the wookie warrior because it wasn't chewie.

If the vintage line is to resurface again in 2006 maybe Hasbro should have have the line on their hasbrotoyshop website and the other half in retail. :)

jjreason
07-02-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure if I would spend $10 bucks on a reissue of 2-1B the POTF version is far better then the original Kenner version and the idea of spending that type of money on a character that has less then 5 minutes of screentime is crazy.
As far as the ewoks they are another bunch that don;t need to have the VOTC treatment, just like the Power Droid.
The main characters will always sell among the collectors and kids alike, obscure or background with be grabbed by the collectors only. I was in the store the other day and there was a kid looking at all the ROTS figures and passed on Baccara and Tarkin because he told his mom they weren't in the movie. Lucky for me but this just proves that kids want more of Luke, Leia Han, R2, and the gang and not the tarkins, utapa warriors and neimodian warriors. He even passed on the wookie warrior because it wasn't chewie.

If the vintage line is to resurface again in 2006 maybe Hasbro should have have the line on their hasbrotoyshop website and the other half in retail. :)

Interesting idea, DarkArtist. My point in starting this thread was that Hasbro doesn't even need to do HALF of the old figures in VOTC format - what they need to do is update the basic figure versions of some of them, and provide us with basic figure versions of those vintage figures we haven't seen yet since 1995. In my opininon there are only a very few figures that haven't been well represented yet AND deserve to be made into VOTC versions - my picks are all core characters or army builder types that deserve a higher quality, extra articulated version. Looks like a few people would disagree however, based on the posts above. I'm a little surprised that so many different figures have been selected.

ROTJLuke
07-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Interesting idea, DarkArtist. My point in starting this thread was that Hasbro doesn't even need to do HALF of the old figures in VOTC format - what they need to do is update the basic figure versions of some of them, and provide us with basic figure versions of those vintage figures we haven't seen yet since 1995. In my opininon there are only a very few figures that haven't been well represented yet AND deserve to be made into VOTC versions - my picks are all core characters or army builder types that deserve a higher quality, extra articulated version. Looks like a few people would disagree however, based on the posts above. I'm a little surprised that so many different figures have been selected.

The bold is my pick too, the core characters that need to be done the right way. (DSII Luke, Boussh Leia, Carbonite Han, Endor Han, Stormtrooper Luke and Han, Endor Luke, etc.) CORE CHARACTERS!!

The italic is what Im suprised about to. Why make these VOTC characters when you could have more than likely the same quality figure on the OTC carding. If the swami is correct, well have VOTC and OTC. ORIGINAL TRILOGY. Man, Im excited...:D

DarthBrandon
07-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I found this post in another thread, and figured I would count it in this survey:

And the tally....... (take note Hasbro, the RED ones will sell very well......)

ANH

*** Tusken Raider
*** R5-D4
** Jawa
** Greedo
* Hammerhead
* R2-D2
* Death Squad Commander

ESB

***** AT-AT Commander (Veers)
**** 2-1B
**** Snowtrooper
*** Bossk
** Han Solo - Bespin
** Hoth Rebel Soldier
** Han Solo - Hoth gear
** IG-88
** Zuckuss
** 4-LOM
** Dengar
* Bespin Guard
* TIE Pilot
* Hoth Rebel Commander
* AT-AT Driver

ROJ

**** Rebel Commando
**** Biker Scout
**** The Emperor
*** Bib Fortuna
** Gammorean Guard
* Weequay
* Nikto
* Klaatu
* Admiral Ackbar
* Nien Nunb
* Paploo
* Wicket
* Rancor Keeper

POTF

*** Luke Skywalker - Endor Poncho (removable, w removable helmet)
* Barada
* Lando - Rebel General
* R2-D2 Pop-Up Saber
* Lumat
* Warok
* Romba
* Anakin Skywalker

I'd take five out of the ones in Red jjreason, the 2-1B just doesn't interest me all that much & I'd replace that with a Han Bespin. I would also like to mention that I'd like to have a Commander Cody done this way as well, but he's just like 2-1B (an obscure figure) so I guess it's down to different strokes for different folks.

(Repost)
I would like to see some more VOTC figures, but I'm skeptical as to how they would turn out. Most of the last VOTC figures were great except for C-3PO & maybe Leia if I were to get picky, so that leaves us with the question of who to produce next if Hasbro is to proceed.

Here’s my picks:

O.T.

1.) Han Solo Bespin Fatigues (always liked the outfit)
2.) General Veers
(removable /chest plate & removable helmet that fits over officer hat)
3.) Luke Skywalker (ROTJ with poncho removable hat, glove etc)
4.) R5-D4 (because we need him done right)
5.) SnowTrooper (with canon & more articulation)
6.) Scout Trooper

P.T.
1.)Jango Fett (done like Boba with removable helmet)
2.)Obi-Wan (soft goods cape & good articulation)
3.)Padme (Leia style hair with blue outfit)
4.)Commander Cody
5.)Palpy Red Robe (soft)
6.)Any other Clones

jjreason
07-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Here’s my picks:

O.T.

1.) Han Solo Bespin Fatigues (always liked the outfit)
2.) General Veers
(removable /chest plate & removable helmet that fits over officer hat)
3.) Luke Skywalker (ROTJ with poncho removable hat, glove etc)
4.) R5-D4 (because we need him done right)
5.) SnowTrooper (with canon & more articulation)
6.) Scout Trooper

Okay, got 'em.

ANH

**** R5-D4
*** Tusken Raider
** Jawa
** Greedo
* Hammerhead
* R2-D2
* Death Squad Commander

ESB

****** AT-AT Commander (Veers)
***** Snowtrooper
**** 2-1B
*** Bossk
*** Han Solo - Bespin
** Hoth Rebel Soldier
** Han Solo - Hoth gear
** IG-88
** Zuckuss
** 4-LOM
** Dengar
* Bespin Guard
* TIE Pilot
* Hoth Rebel Commander
* AT-AT Driver

ROJ

***** Biker Scout
**** Rebel Commando
**** The Emperor
*** Bib Fortuna
** Gammorean Guard
* Weequay
* Nikto
* Klaatu
* Admiral Ackbar
* Nien Nunb
* Paploo
* Wicket
* Rancor Keeper

* Chewbacca (recarded)
* Boba Fett (recarded)

POTF

**** Luke Skywalker - (removable) Endor Gear
* Barada
* Lando - Rebel General
* R2-D2 Pop-Up Saber
* Lumat
* Warok
* Romba
* Anakin Skywalker

Kidhuman
07-04-2005, 11:52 PM
I am trying to figure out why someone would want a VOTC styled carbonite block.

jjreason
07-05-2005, 02:23 AM
I am trying to figure out why someone would want a VOTC styled carbonite block.

It's not just the block, KH. The original POTF figure actually did come separate from the block. I'd like to see them update this Han as the only versions we have of him are POTF2 era - one from 1996 (orange carded basic), one from the Jabba's Palace cardboard diorama set, and one from the stupid TRU 4 pack "Carkoon Skirmish". I think a nice articulated Carbonite Han figure with 2 heads (slick hair and dry hair) would be useful for display both "just out of the block" with the new Leia - Boushh figure I want, or battling guards on a skiff.

Just my 2 cents, but on my wishlist he's right up there. :)

nomad
07-05-2005, 03:08 AM
I'm going to list the ones from the entire list that I could see possibly being worthy, but I'll only * the ones I would actually buy (If done well enough).

ANH

* Tusken Raider
* Jawa (Be nice to have a soft goods Jawa again)
* C3PO (They need to do him right)
* Luke X-Wing Pilot
Death Squad Commander
Greedo
Hammerhead
Walrus Man

ESB

* Hoth Leia
* Bespin Han
* Snowtrooper
* Luke Skywalker (ANH) (I'm cheating here, because I didn't care for the first VOTC Luke)
Bossk
Dengar
Zuckuss
4-Lom
IG-88
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Bespin Leia
Bespin Luke (Other than the button on the back, that saga version is nice)
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Hoth Rebel Commander
TIE Pilot
AT-AT Commander (Gen. Veers)
AT-AT Driver
Imperial Officer
R2-D2 with Sensorscope
C3PO with removable limbs (make him better, put him on the ESB card)

ROJ

* Emperor's Royal Guard
* Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight
* Leia - Boushh Disguise
* The Emperor

Bib Fortuna
Lando in Disguise
Gammorean Guard
Rebel Commando
Biker Scout
Admiral Ackbar
B-Wing Pilot
AT-ST Driver
Leia - Endor Poncho

POTF

EV-9D9
Imperial Dignitary

ROTJLuke
07-05-2005, 03:29 AM
Not a bad list, Id prob. buy the bulk of those figures, if not all, and as long as they didnt run me 10 bucks...:)

Kidhuman
07-05-2005, 10:50 AM
It's not just the block, KH. The original POTF figure actually did come separate from the block. I'd like to see them update this Han as the only versions we have of him are POTF2 era - one from 1996 (orange carded basic), one from the Jabba's Palace cardboard diorama set, and one from the stupid TRU 4 pack "Carkoon Skirmish". I think a nice articulated Carbonite Han figure with 2 heads (slick hair and dry hair) would be useful for display both "just out of the block" with the new Leia - Boushh figure I want, or battling guards on a skiff.

Just my 2 cents, but on my wishlist he's right up there. :)

Now I got ya. Maybe it should be re-phrased to Han Solo W/ Carbonite, instead of Han in Carbonite. :beard:

ROTJLuke
07-05-2005, 05:41 PM
The Han Carbon and the Leia Boussh are on the top of my list as well

jjreason
07-06-2005, 02:33 AM
New votes tallied. KH, list amended as per your recommendations. :beard:

ANH

**** R5-D4
**** Tusken Raider
*** Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot
*** Jawa
** Greedo
* Hammerhead
* R2-D2
* Death Squad Commander

ESB

****** AT-AT Commander (Veers)
****** Snowtrooper
**** 2-1B
**** Han Solo - Bespin
*** Bossk
*** Princess Leia - Hoth gear
*** C3PO with removable limbs
** Hoth Rebel Soldier
** Han Solo - Hoth gear
** IG-88
** Zuckuss
** 4-LOM
** Dengar
* Bespin Guard
* TIE Pilot
* Hoth Rebel Commander
* AT-AT Driver

ROJ

***** Biker Scout
**** The Emperor
**** Rebel Commando
****Princess Leia - Boushh Disguise
**** Emperor's Royal Guard
*** Bib Fortuna
** Gammorean Guard
* Weequay
* Nikto
* Klaatu
* Admiral Ackbar
* Nien Nunb
* Paploo
* Wicket
* Rancor Keeper
* Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight

* Chewbacca (recarded)
* Boba Fett (recarded)

POTF

**** Luke Skywalker - (removable) Endor Gear
*** Han Solo - with Carbon Freezing
*** Luke Skywalker - Stormtrooper Armor
* Barada
* Lando - Rebel General
* R2-D2 Pop-Up Saber
* Lumat
* Warok
* Romba
* Anakin Skywalker[/QUOTE]

Darth Alex
07-06-2005, 02:45 AM
I would buy these by the case, splitting them with Jamie, SL0498, MottiMearl and any of Mearl pals.
Seriously this is a great list. Is anyone at Hasbro reading this? You guys want a license to literally blow money outta the bank? There it is...
A Jawa with cloth, different guns, man, SIGN ME UP!

TheDarthVader
07-06-2005, 11:38 AM
I just would like to see figures that have not been made yet plus some resculpts...such as R5-D4. The figures that have not been made yet include the rest of the vintage figures not yet made in the new line since 1995.

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
07-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Thank you JJ, makes more sense now. A nice SA Han for the skiff and a block for the diorama.

ROTJLuke
07-10-2005, 02:52 PM
I love the list, all sweet figures. As long as the ROTJ Luke is DSII (I know, I know, DSII Jedi Luke wasnt included in the Vintage line, but they can cheat a little bit) then Im a set man!

jjreason
07-10-2005, 04:43 PM
I just would like to see figures that have not been made yet plus some resculpts...such as R5-D4. The figures that have not been made yet include the rest of the vintage figures not yet made in the new line since 1995.

B.
TDV

Copy, TDV, I'd like them to make the rest of the vintage figures into new ones as well - but I don't want them all made as $15 (CDN - $10 US) VOTC figures.

By my count, here are the figures that haven't been made into neos yet:

Black Bespin Guard
Vintage Dignitary
Romba
Warok
Paploo
Lumat

(not sure if any of those ewoks would be considered "remade" as a result of the pack-in figure from the POTJ AT-ST set)

There aren't that many really. Do they really need to show up as VOTC's? I'd rather have ALL of those ones made into new basic figures - and I'd really like it if they incorporated movie shots of the characters onto the cards like the vintage figures. No need for the bubble to encompass the whole front of the card in my opinion.

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Agreed, I would also like to see the secondary or minor characters made in the basic line