PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else who bought At-At and is sour...

artdoesart
06-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Guys,

Just wondering anyone else who bought an At-At or two who is sour or not happy about this re-release???

Just trying to see if I am the crazy one or not...

nash
06-27-2005, 05:40 PM
I think you just need to chill the F out....and re-evaluate why you collect. If you come to the same conclusion then clearly its time to move on. Why cry about it?

You as well as all of us know that MR is NOT required to do anything they dont want to. Its a business and a company and thats how s**t goes. Either you collect it or not, im sure they wont lose sleep over your gripes. I see what you are saying, but frankly that is not enough for me to stop collecting MR products.

artdoesart
06-27-2005, 05:53 PM
I think you just need to chill the F out....and re-evaluate why you collect. If you come to the same conclusion then clearly its time to move on. Why cry about it?

You as well as all of us know that MR is NOT required to do anything they dont want to. Its a business and a company and thats how sh*t goes. Either you collect it or not, im sure they wont lose sleep over your gripes. I see what you are saying, but frankly that is not enough for me to stop collecting MR products.

Nash hey why don't you chill the F out... Is this not a forum where I can post my thoughts? Ask SSG about me, he knows me I used to work for SSG. You don't even know me so don't start talking S---... I don't collect for the money I have a huge collection of all sorts of things, but don't give this crap about you not caring if every MR item you had, was selling at Toys R Us sitting on a peg on clearence for $1. Would you still collect that junk? Yeah just like the Weequay Skiff Guard everyones favorite figure... Until they had that FF one and people were going crazy.. and why? because it was rare/exclusive and oh yeah going for $300 on eBay...

Get a Education E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N you jerk...

Stalecracker
06-27-2005, 06:17 PM
FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!FI GHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!

I'll get the popcorn!!!

Seriously, guys... calm down. It's all good. This is supposed to be a form of ideas. If you don't want to read a thread, don't. Nash, the language was a bad form. No need for that here. Artdoesart has a gripe. Let him air it.

DXiRoNMaN
06-27-2005, 06:24 PM
"Would you still collect that junk? Yeah just like the Weequay Skiff Guard everyones favorite figure... Until they had that FF one and people were going crazy.. and why? because it was rare/exclusive and oh yeah going for $300 on eBay... "

whats wrong with the secondary market going that way? obviously Hasbro isnt going to rerelease Weequay in large quantities when the first release was clogging pegs. if you're a collector you have to just accept that there are going to be things like the FF Weequay. personally, i say leave the variants to the suckers. as long as i'm able to get a particular figure thats all i care about.

artdoesart
06-27-2005, 07:02 PM
"Would you still collect that junk? Yeah just like the Weequay Skiff Guard everyones favorite figure... Until they had that FF one and people were going crazy.. and why? because it was rare/exclusive and oh yeah going for $300 on eBay... "

whats wrong with the secondary market going that way? obviously Hasbro isnt going to rerelease Weequay in large quantities when the first release was clogging pegs. if you're a collector you have to just accept that there are going to be things like the FF Weequay. personally, i say leave the variants to the suckers. as long as i'm able to get a particular figure thats all i care about.

I hear you... My whole argument was pretty much saying, if you paid for the FF Skiff Guard and then you find out they made more because people wanted it and it was a good source of revenue for Hasbro, you would be bent... The point being you paid a lot of money for it like I did the AT-AT. I never said anything about driving prices up to sell them for huge profits you know? One has to admit when we collect stuff its nice knowing its of value not only to ones mind/heart but also to the rest of the world...

Thanks for your words though.

JediTricks
06-28-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't own any of the LEs, so for me this is all academic, but let me ask you, if MR never said the original Studio AT-AT was a limited item, they released some, and then released another batch later, would you still be cheesed off?

If so, and having seen some of your other thread I can guess that's the main issue for you, what does "limited" mean to you here and why does it mean so much? I can understand, I've felt it too occasionally, but in general I dislike limited collectibles because the limitation brings aftermarket issues and replacement issues and keeps late-comers out of the loop.

Jayspawn
06-28-2005, 09:16 AM
I'd be perfectly happy if I owned a Master Replias AT-AT -it doesnt matter which version.

I know where you're coming from artdoesart, but the same thing happens when MR does the Elite Edition lightsabers after doing the Limited Editions. Which are rehashes of the same thing. I dont mind as long as I have one of them.

artdoesart
06-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't own any of the LEs, so for me this is all academic, but let me ask you, if MR never said the original Studio AT-AT was a limited item, they released some, and then released another batch later, would you still be cheesed off?

If so, and having seen some of your other thread I can guess that's the main issue for you, what does "limited" mean to you here and why does it mean so much? I can understand, I've felt it too occasionally, but in general I dislike limited collectibles because the limitation brings aftermarket issues and replacement issues and keeps late-comers out of the loop.

I support of lack of support for LE is not the real point. As I said I never told them to make LE items, they are the ones who said its limited to 1000 pcs. When someone says its limited for some people like me, it drives them to have a quick response. Mainly being if the item is worth buying and is popular due to the scarcity of the item (LE) it will sell out fast. If you wait too long the item will be on ebay going for 200% or more. So if you really want the item you have to buy it ASAP regardless if you have the money or not or have to borrow it etc.

So "limited" means a lot to me, if I knew it was not limited I wouldn't have bought mine on the first day and would have waited. Likewise if you check the statistics, many people like me did not wait long either they sold about 70% of them on day 1.

I am ****ed because I bought something that was misrepresented and then retooled (as they say) and sold again pretty much making the LE not a LE. I don't know why everyone is getting on my case about this, but I am not the one who sold the item as is and then changed their mind. Furthermore everyone commenting on this issue doesn't even own an ATAT so does not feel my anguish.

Lastly you speak of not liking LE's because it sucks for other people etc. Well I am sorry thats life, a lot of things are like that especially with highend products like MR and the like. Take for instance Ferrari they made the ENZO a few years back and limited its production to several hundred. The cost is a mere $1mil however no one can just buy the car, you have to be invited to buy the car and must have purchased two Ferrari's in the past. Do you think that is fair? No but high-end collectibles whether sportscars and/or manufacturers of expensive metal forged into lightsabers its all the same. If you expect people to respect your product you must also be ethical. Breaking promises is suppose to be reserved for corporate Giants and not smaller shops....

artdoesart
06-28-2005, 03:42 PM
I'd be perfectly happy if I owned a Master Replias AT-AT -it doesnt matter which version.

I know where you're coming from artdoesart, but the same thing happens when MR does the Elite Edition lightsabers after doing the Limited Editions. Which are rehashes of the same thing. I dont mind as long as I have one of them.

Thanks one guy here understands... But consider this buying the Luke saber pretty much their most valued saber of them all the ROTJ which was their first production. The thing goes for a lot on eBay consider paying $1800 for yours and then a fw months later they release it again calling it a Elite Edition... you would be sour... Most people would assume they would not produce it again...

Also consider these are not $5 items, they are high end collectibles so therefore rareity and limited editions is their niche. You can't expect to last as a company that performs in this industry if you break ties with those who only collect high-end collectibles. Think about many of their customers care about this, many don't spend time chatting about Star Wars on a forum. Mos guys I know that I have bought these are well off, like my friend who works for Goldmann Sachs and well he makes six digits, doesn't even know about SSG but he loved Star Wars as a kid and pretty much has one of everything on his mantle. But he is not going to be here chatting about it... Notice everyone here who has spoke on this matter doesn't even own an ATAT so there frustrations can not be realized.

I thank you for your understanding but I just feel burnt. If they never said there items were limited to 1000pcs I would have no qualms.

eFXAmy
06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Hello Everyone!

I am very sorry that some people are upset about the release of the AT-AT Signature Edition. As most of you know, we have done SEs before. We were lucky at some times to be able to release the LE and SE version at the same time. This was not the case for this product. We had originally wanted to do a Signature Edition but outside circumstances would not allow us to do so at the time. Later, we finally had the opportunity to do one. Lucas approved it, Mr. Tippett was available to do it, etc. We honestly did not know we would be doing this piece at all much less at the time we released the LE or we certainly would have let you know about it. This piece is really no different than any other product we did in both the SE and LE version. It was just released at different times due to circumstances out of our control.

If you have any other questions or concerns I will be happy to assist you.

Amy

artdoesart
06-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Hello Everyone!

I am very sorry that some people are upset about the release of the AT-AT Signature Edition. As most of you know, we have done SEs before. We were lucky at some times to be able to release the LE and SE version at the same time. This was not the case for this product. We had originally wanted to do a Signature Edition but outside circumstances would not allow us to do so at the time.

Amy

This is a great response Amy. Of course I own a lot of what you guys make and have been following your company for years. Out of the YEARS you guys have been in buisness you have NEVER released SEs at different times then the no SEs. So you are telling me that this one time out of the years you have been in buisnes and the dozens of other items you have produced that have SEs that this ONE TIME there were circumstances out of your control?

Ever consider the timing of this production? New management financial concerns? What happened to the other proposed developments for the SW line? Why scaled back production on the Prop Helmets etc. and divert time to making a SE for an item that makes no sense to have a SE.

Anyhow more politics I love it, don't sell a salesman... You have 99.9% of the people fooled so keep up the GOOD WORK... You guys are doing great...

Stalecracker
06-28-2005, 04:11 PM
...At least your handling it well.
Seriously,
Now your sliding into to "****y little you-know-what" territory. You have something you wanted. The new one isn't as cool as the first one (display vs. diorama) and costs more. The first 1000 will NOT diminish in value in the long run. You have a great item and a great investment and now your just moaning to hear yourself moan. I understand having a moment of "MAN!!! What's up" but you've been given a bunch of different views and reasons to not be upset and your just railing on and preaching to a choir that is not convertable. Calm down, take a breath and either sell your MR stuff or get back to enjoying it.

eFXAmy
06-28-2005, 04:11 PM
What I am telling you is the truth. We did not think we had an option to make this product at the time we did the LE. It really is that simple of an explanation.

There are hundreds of factors that go into the decision making at Master Replicas. They are carefully thought out. Sometimes things happen that we don't expect and we work with it the best we can. While you personally may not understand these decisions, they are made for a reason and they are made with customer satisfaction in mind. We value our customers and know that we do not have a business without them.

Again, I am sorry you are unhappy with our decision.

This is a great response Amy. Of course I own a lot of what you guys make and have been following your company for years. Out of the YEARS you guys have been in buisness you have NEVER released SEs at different times then the no SEs. So you are telling me that this one time out of the years you have been in buisnes and the dozens of other items you have produced that have SEs that this ONE TIME there were circumstances out of your control?

Ever consider the timing of this production? New management financial concerns? What happened to the other proposed developments for the SW line? Why scaled back production on the Prop Helmets etc. and divert time to making a SE for an item that makes no sense to have a SE.

Anyhow more politics I love it, don't sell a salesman... You have 99.9% of the people fooled so keep up the GOOD WORK... You guys are doing great...

artdoesart
06-28-2005, 04:15 PM
...At least your handling it well.
Seriously,
Now your sliding into to "****y little you-know-what" territory. You have something you wanted. The new one isn't as cool as the first one (display vs. diorama) and costs more. The first 1000 will NOT diminish in value in the long run. You have a great item and a great investment and now your just moaning to hear yourself moan. I understand having a moment of "MAN!!! What's up" but you've been given a bunch of different views and reasons to not be upset and your just railing on and preaching to a choir that is not convertable. Calm down, take a breath and either sell your MR stuff or get back to enjoying it.

If you don't like what I have to say then don't read it. I am sick of all you posters who try to force your views on me or others. Isn't this what a forum is for to be able to say what I feel freely? OR are you the SSG Gestapo? But thanks for being the 100th SSG fan to push your ways on me. Like I told many I have been the game for a long time, I ain't no spring chicken SSG can verify this himself... So do me a favor and go away, if you don't like it then don't read it... Gesus... so many jerks...

Stalecracker
06-28-2005, 04:16 PM
So you are telling me that this one time out of the years you have been in buisnes and the dozens of other items you have produced that have SEs that this ONE TIME there were circumstances out of your control?

This happens ALL the time especially with Lucasarts.. I work with them third party and I can't tell you how many times similar situations to this have happened.

Stalecracker
06-28-2005, 04:20 PM
If you don't like what I have to say then don't read it. I am sick of all you posters who try to force your views on me or others. Isn't this what a forum is for to be able to say what I feel freely? OR are you the SSG Gestapo? But thanks for being the 100th SSG fan to push your ways on me. Like I told many I have been the game for a long time, I ain't no spring chicken SSG can verify this himself... So do me a favor and go away, if you don't like it then don't read it... Gesus... so many jerks...

If you recall... I defended you AND your right to express it from the beginning. You are NOW cross posting and just *****ing. I'm not forcing anything on you. It's just interesting that 24 hrs later you are still singing the same song only now your angrier and more aggressive. To state your point is cool but to mock others about their excitement for the product or collecting is just plain rude. I've been in the game as long as you can I can GUARENTEE it. So, just take it easy.

artdoesart
06-28-2005, 04:23 PM
While you personally may not understand these decisions, they are made for a reason and they are made with customer satisfaction in mind.

Think about it...

With the customer in mind??? You sure about that, look at my posts slamming your company not one of the replies is from a owner of this At-At. I have 3 contact me privately and I can tell you the names and addresses I bought them under since you could only buy 2 at the time.

I guarantee you that you will not sell these nearly as fast if at all as you did the first set. There are many others who are quite sour about this. Have you considered that many of the buyers of this AT-AT are not your normal customer base? Look at all the guys who defend you some don't even buy your stuff others have the more affordable stuff. I am sure if you look into your records you will see a large majority of your customers who bought the At-At are not past customers but new ones, because this is a very expensive item and reaches out to those enthusiasts/hardcore who value design, complexity and detail, oh yeah and circulation. Though your nickel and dime customer who buy your mini sabers and light shows do not care your big dollar accounts do.

Anyhow I am not going to buy anymore of your products and to my buddies who also bought this item that do not own one Hasbro toy nor MR item but do have pieces from Lucas Film etc. I will share this with them. If you contact me personally I can give a dozen or so names of people/friends of mine who work with me or I am friends with who bought this. Even me alone I account for 3 of 1000 which is quite significant.

Anyhow you will see, watch what happens to your sales figures for this At-At I guarantee you won't sell out in the first 6 months. Even last time when you guys said there was only 10% (on the website you guys never updated) left that was all propaganda as well, that quantity level was on 10% for 3 weeks and went from 100% to 10% in one day... Go figure who is the liar now...

eFXAmy
06-28-2005, 04:47 PM
You are totally entitled to your opinion and we thank you for stating your concerns. They have definately been heard and we appreciate the feedback.

Think about it...

With the customer in mind??? You sure about that, look at my posts slamming your company not one of the replies is from a owner of this At-At. I have 3 contact me privately and I can tell you the names and addresses I bought them under since you could only buy 2 at the time.

I guarantee you that you will not sell these nearly as fast if at all as you did the first set. There are many others who are quite sour about this. Have you considered that many of the buyers of this AT-AT are not your normal customer base? Look at all the guys who defend you some don't even buy your stuff others have the more affordable stuff. I am sure if you look into your records you will see a large majority of your customers who bought the At-At are not past customers but new ones, because this is a very expensive item and reaches out to those enthusiasts/hardcore who value design, complexity and detail, oh yeah and circulation. Though your nickel and dime customer who buy your mini sabers and light shows do not care your big dollar accounts do.

Anyhow I am not going to buy anymore of your products and to my buddies who also bought this item that do not own one Hasbro toy nor MR item but do have pieces from Lucas Film etc. I will share this with them. If you contact me personally I can give a dozen or so names of people/friends of mine who work with me or I am friends with who bought this. Even me alone I account for 3 of 1000 which is quite significant.

Anyhow you will see, watch what happens to your sales figures for this At-At I guarantee you won't sell out in the first 6 months. Even last time when you guys said there was only 10% (on the website you guys never updated) left that was all propaganda as well, that quantity level was on 10% for 3 weeks and went from 100% to 10% in one day... Go figure who is the liar now...

nash
06-28-2005, 04:59 PM
amazing... simply amazing. Dont worry Stalecracker, its HIS problem not ours. We are HAPPY with out collections and items and Im not going to lose any sleep over this and neither is MR. You really need to learn people skills Art, you are lacking in that dept.

I HOPE you are ****ed off about this 24/7 coz that really makes me laugh. U own something special and you dont even know it. If you are so unhappy with your AT-AT give it to me or anyone else on these boards im sure we will have WAY more appreciation for it than you.

DXiRoNMaN
06-28-2005, 05:07 PM
art now you're just sounding like a whiner. i actually lost track of what you're upset about. you've got a MR rep here trying to be helpful. what do you expect if you're just going to ***** and play victim?
and what kind of "collector" buys 6 ATATs under assumed names? you're not upset because of the collecting implications but the scalping implications of multiple editions.
and i also think its lame that someone disagrees and you say they're forcing their "opinion" on you?
i'm not dismissing your complaints with their customer service though, you had a bad experience maybe. what matters is if they tried to fix it. i'm impressed that Amy is on here addressing your concerns, despite your attitude.
the Elite Luke is the first replica i've bought direct from their site, i expect good service.

artdoesart
06-28-2005, 05:36 PM
amazing... simply amazing. Dont worry Stalecracker, its HIS problem not ours. We are HAPPY with out collections and items and Im not going to lose any sleep over this and neither is MR. You really need to learn people skills Art, you are lacking in that dept.

I HOPE you are ****ed off about this 24/7 coz that really makes me laugh. U own something special and you dont even know it. If you are so unhappy with your AT-AT give it to me or anyone else on these boards im sure we will have WAY more appreciation for it than you.

Appreciation for what? You are here trying to clown me, but you don't even own an At-At trying working your arse off and buying a few to discover its not what you intended? Maybe then you will understand.

artdoesart
06-28-2005, 05:41 PM
art now you're just sounding like a whiner. i actually lost track of what you're ****ed about. you've got a MR rep here trying to be helpful. what do you expect if you're just going to ***** and play victim?
and what kind of "collector" buys 6 ATATs under assumed names? you're not upset because of the collecting implications but the scalping implications of multiple editions.
and i also think its lame that someone disagrees and you say they're forcing their "opinion" on you?
i'm not dismissing your complaints with their customer service though, you had a bad experience maybe. what matters is if they tried to fix it. i'm impressed that Amy is on here addressing your concerns, despite your attitude.
the Elite Luke is the first replica i've bought direct from their site, i expect good service.

Assuming is always a great trait keep it up!

First of who said anything about scalping? And who said 6? I said 3 and I bought 3 because I think this is one of if not the best production collectibles I have seen. This is by far my favorite vehicle of the whole SW universe. Don't hate on me if I work for a living and can afford the 3.

Seriously assuming is really stupid, SSG can vouch for me I don't scalp and even he buys multiples of what he collects so he has one open and one packaged. And ever consider similar to what you may do in buying multiple clone trooper or stormtroopers I may be doing the same on a bigger scale? Last time I checked there was more than one AT-AT in ESB...

And your comments about MR trying to help me are you serious? I can write a letter to George Bush and say WTF? And his office will send me a letter back saying he is sour etc... Do you really want me to believe they are trying to help me or is it more probable they are just going the PR route and like you just want to tell me to F'off?

Anyhow my intentions are working, with each post look how much negative feedback I get. I am getting what I want, look at the number of views compared to that of the posts... The message is out there chief. But thanks for indirectly supporting me.

DXiRoNMaN
06-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Its just starting to sound silly. what are you trying to accomplish? you had a bad experience, most of us havent.

"But thanks for indirectly supporting me."

hey i AM behind you if you feel like you've been wronged. the variations thing is just you being "sour" but bad customer service is legit. hope you get that all straightened out. and if you dont please keep being "sour", its really amusing me :p

artdoesart
06-28-2005, 05:53 PM
It just starting to sound silly. what are you trying to accomplish? you had a bad experience, most of us havent.

"But thanks for indirectly supporting me."

hey i AM behind you if you feel like you've been wronged. the variations thing is just you being "sour" but bad customer service is legit. hope you get that all straightened out. and if you dont please keep being "sour", its really amusing me :p

No sweat... your actually cool.

Yes their CS is crap, no bs there like I said in my previous posts it took me over 4-5 months to get a base replaced and have 3 different emails during that time, that indicate it was sent out. Thats bad buisness. Anyhow your mention of me being the only one who has had a bad experience. Ever consider that only a small percentage of their fan base use SSG's forum or any forum for that matter? Remember out of all the MR items sold I would say less than 5% have even been to this site... Though I know it gets crazy traffic I am thinking realistically. And before you jump on me, consider I used to do a lot of the designs for SSG and the site now is based off my templates... So I am not throwing **** into the wind.

Anyhow i have no beef with you, stimulating conversation whether for or against me is always good and a good way of avoiding work.

Jayspawn
06-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Interesting writings here.

artdoesart, if you're really unhappy with the AT-AT situation, you might consider selling it, or returning it to Master Replicas. Bottom line with an AT-AT replica, if you have one at all (it doesnt matter which version) you should be appreciative and very proud. And if you're not then get rid of it. I would actually have an AT-AT but I'm saving for such a time when Master Replicas does a Carbonite Han Solo Replica.

Truth is that repackaging, retooling and rereleasing products has always been a part of Star Wars merchandise. Thats just the way it is (and likely to be).

As far as Master Replicas goes, they are an excellent company and Amy (among other Reps) have been very nice about dropping a line with some insight. Which other companies like Hasbro would never do in any event.

Turbowars
06-28-2005, 07:30 PM
This thread reminds me of the old day at SSG. Happy to see that most of the crying has stopped through the years. I know I had my rants.

One thing though, I would be so happy to have one of these babies. The AT-AT is my all time favorite ship. The price is just to high for me to feel good about it.

I think comparing the US FF Weequay a bit out there. I mean there were 1000's Weequay's made and no matter what, even if there are 2 releases of the MR AT-AT they will always be rare and valuable.

I would like to see a smaller version made for the less fortunate. Would that be possible?

Fwad
06-28-2005, 08:52 PM
They should make alot more if that would get the price down for the average collector. It could be the super duper uber edition and throw in a free Luke EE version 2.

slothfurnace
06-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Wow. I have read through both of these threads, and I have never seen such anger in this board. Maybe I am new here, but MAN, folks.

Anyway, One dude's mad, and blowing off steam, the rest who aren't mad, they say "Eh, it's not perfect, but it's not THAT bad." then the first dude gets madder cause nobody agrees; ad infinitum.

Look, folks, nothing's perfect on this world, but I really dig MR. I mean, I was upset when I found out they made mini lightsabers a year after they started, cause It was hard to find the out of production models. But, I wasn't mad at MR for not advertising better.

If you are mad at MR, take it up with them, blow off steam in the forums, that's all cool, but give us the same freedom to disagree with you as we give you to state your opinions.

I don't like getting ripped off and lied to by companies that take my money, but I seriously don't think they are an evil place. I know (being an artist) that if I made a piece of artwork that sold great, in a limited number, I would have a hard time not doing something similar to it to sell in another production run, because the first one sold well.

Anyways, now I'll be flamed or something probably. But, that's my opinion.

And, just as insurance, I AM educated, I DO have a life, I DO have a job as an artist making video games, and while I might not be able to afford one of these AT-ATs, it's just because I'd rather buy something nice for my sexy and beautiful wife.

Slothfurnace

Jayspawn
06-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Right on slothfurnace!

Slicker
06-29-2005, 09:06 AM
You know what. Maybe MR is doing this in some strange bid to make money because they may have employees to pay. Wow. That's pretty stingy on MR's part wanting to make money to support other people by paying there wages.

I think these will sell perfectly fine, maybe even better than the original due to the diorama look.

And before you even think about it I live on my own, have a good job, and I'm not a treehugger.

Jayspawn
06-29-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm sure MR has no problem with payroll Slicker.

Kidhuman
06-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Ok, people need to chill. This thread is bordering on the darkside IMO. Please keep tempers down. Anger after all leads to the darkside......

2-1B
06-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Phil Tippet is a cool dude, he sent me a signed 8x10 of him tripping a model Tauntaun.

So I already got his signature.

artdoesart
06-29-2005, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=Jayspawn]Interesting writings here.

artdoesart, if you're really unhappy with the AT-AT situation, you might consider selling it, or returning it to Master Replicas. Bottom line with an AT-AT replica, if you have one at all (it doesnt matter which version) you should be appreciative and very proud.QUOTE]

Jayspawn ok, I will sell my At-At thanks for the enlightening. It' a good thing I run into people like you... Also I will try to be more appreciative and proud...

Are you kidding me appreciative and proud? What did I join the local street gang or win this in a lottery? I paid for this thing and am sour, I don't know why there are so so so so many responses to this post when it clearly says "Anyone else who bought an At-At and is sour" when in fact not one poster has bought an At-At. Just bizarre. But yeah when I buy my house for 600k this year, I will be sure to be appreciative for just having a home, even if its rat infested and the roof is cracking because I will say to myself my treehugging, greenpeace, save the whale buddy told me to be appreciative and honored to have a house in the first place...

What would I do without you...

DXiRoNMaN
06-29-2005, 02:56 PM
art, dunno if you said it yet but could you like say what the problem is, what you wanted MR to do and what they actually did?
lemme get it straight. you got the 3 ATATs and one had a broken base. then you had a problem with them taking forever to get the base to you? hopefully they were apologetic you know and maybe offered to pay shipping.

also what do you do for a living? can i come work for you?

Stalecracker
06-29-2005, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=Jayspawn]Interesting writings here.

artdoesart, if you're really unhappy with the AT-AT situation, you might consider selling it, or returning it to Master Replicas. Bottom line with an AT-AT replica, if you have one at all (it doesnt matter which version) you should be appreciative and very proud.QUOTE]

Jayspawn ok, I will sell my At-At thanks for the enlightening. It' a good thing I run into people like you... Also I will try to be more appreciative and proud...

Are you kidding me appreciative and proud? What did I join the local street gang or win this in a lottery? I paid for this thing and am sour, I don't know why there are so so so so many responses to this post when it clearly says "Anyone else who bought an At-At and is sour" when in fact not one poster has bought an At-At. Just bizarre. But yeah when I buy my house for 600k this year, I will be sure to be appreciative for just having a home, even if its rat infested and the roof is cracking because I will say to myself my treehugging, greenpeace, save the whale buddy told me to be appreciative and honored to have a house in the first place...

What would I do without you...

You know... I thought about this and, DAMN IT, you're right!!! They said the AT-AT with the plain base would be a limited 1000 piece run! I hate this misrepresentation crap. You spent 3600 dollars and got three of them. One is broke and it takes months to fix. BASTARDS!!! Then, then they have the nerve to release an AT-AT with snow accents and a diorama base... limited edition AGAIN. HAH... Wait a minute... It's NOT the same. J...J..just just like the Dooku mini EIII release that has minor mods and the Second release of the Yoda full size is "battle damaged" MAKING IT DIFFERENT AND MAKING YOU...A...***

EVERY frikkin time someone posts a differing view from yours you pontificate and sling sarcasm.

I await your pithy response with baited breath.

artdoesart
06-29-2005, 05:03 PM
art, dunno if you said it yet but could you like say what the problem is, what you wanted MR to do and what they actually did?
lemme get it straight. you got the 3 ATATs and one had a broken base. then you had a problem with them taking forever to get the base to you? hopefully they were apologetic you know and maybe offered to pay shipping.

also what do you do for a living? can i come work for you?

Problem: Making more At-At's when THEY (not me) claimed it was limited to 1000pcs.

What they did: Broke a promise which no high-end manufacturer of any niche product from automobiles to toys does. No one says its limited and then says oh nevermind lets make more and just color it differently. Companies do this but they are called Hasbro and other corporate giants, however companies who cater to the high-end like Ferrari (Automobile), Artists like Chuck Jones (creator of Bugs Bunny etc. Warner Bros), Michael Lau (urban vinyl legend), Bathing Ape (clothing) do nothing of this sort. Trust me call them they do not do this sort of thing, whether it is "elite edition" or "se" people can see whats going on and get sour. I personally didn't think MR was like this and am sour.

What I do: Web Developer/Designer

Lastly too many people assume and well don't assume I am some rich kid buying toys to profit from them. As I said many times SSG knows me and I know him, I am nothing of the sort. I have beef with the sole fact that MR made something that they claimed to be limited, not. I don't care if I have 10, if I should be greatful, if I am a jerk, if I am not a true collector etc... Its principle man.

artdoesart
06-29-2005, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=artdoesart]

You know... I thought about this and, DAMN IT, you're right!!! They said the AT-AT with the plain base would be a limited 1000 piece run! I hate this misrepresentation crap. You spent 3600 dollars and got three of them. One is broke and it takes months to fix. Then, then they have the nerve to release an AT-AT with snow accents and a diorama base... limited edition AGAIN. HAH... Wait a minute... It's NOT the same. J...J..just just like the Dooku mini EIII release that has minor mods and the Second release of the Yoda full size is "battle damaged" MAKING IT DIFFERENT AND MAKING YOU...A...***

EVERY frikkin time someone posts a differing view from yours you pontificate and sling sarcasm.

I await your pithy response with baited breath.

Rebadging, retooling etc. is not creating new products its just rehashing old molds and whoring out the market so they can make more money and flood the market. At times this sort of marketing strategy backfires like when Hasrbo released Episode I figures and then you saw them at bins at Walmart going for a buck. The rest of us idiots who waited in line at midnight to run and get out .0000 versions Darth Mauls got stroked. Eventually a lot of people like me said to hell with Hasbro and stopped collecting their crap all together. You can ramble on and on about me, but consider the facts, production of SW toys from Hasbro has steadily declined and less than a third were produced for the EP3 movie. Furthermore Hasbro's stock have since declined after moving upwards just before their release.

Finally for the 100th time go get yourself an At-At then talk to me till then save your wise remarks and your eloquent words for someone who cares.

artdoesart
06-29-2005, 05:15 PM
NOTICE:

Before anyone else wants to join the "Artdoesart bashing tour" please realize the title of the post? There are over 40 responses without any of them coming from a owner of an At-At. This is just puzzling, everyone assuming and speaking about things they do not understand. If you guys can find me one person who has bought an At-At and does not care at all about the SE then please present one. The fact is I paid $1200 for a supposed exclusive limited item, if I would have known a SE was coming out I would easily have paid another $200 to get the far superior battled scarred and diroama SE At-At.

At the time of purchasing the At-At I didn't consider MR releasing at SE or EE since until recent (luke ROTJ) MR has never released a SE at different releases points. They have always offered both for sale simultaneously. So if you can put 1 and 1 together you will see my point.

Lastly if you want to keep slamming me for whatever thats fine I am a big boy and I have all the time in the world.

DXiRoNMaN
06-29-2005, 05:34 PM
i dont think Hasbro is the same deal, they're going to keep making toys as long as they're profitable. obviously they're not going to rerelease Weequay on FF and make a huge amount of them when the green card warmed pegs. they never claim any of their toys to be limited either. its the collectors that determine how much a variation or whatever is worth.
as for MR, you should've known how they operate before you bought the ATAT. they labeled it "LE" for a reason. ya it is limited but they;ve done sig and elite editions of other products so why do you act surprised?
does the base for the LE have the snow and the crashed speeder or is that just the SE?

but hey, did you get everything straightened out? you got all 3 ATATs and the bases are fixed?

Slicker
06-29-2005, 05:55 PM
You know what I don't know why you're mad. You still have a limited release of the AT-AT. I just think your mad because you bought 3 of the inferior ones instead of the better looking snow base ones. That's just me. And in case you care (which I'm sure you don't yet you'll respond with some awesome insults) I don't own one of these...yet. I'm gonna save my money and buy one of the "limited" ones that you bought and I'm gonna get mine on Ebay for about $900 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50274&item=5983501208&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) or rather spend the extra money to get a superior product. Man, I wish I would've run out and bought this one, rather 3 of them, when it came out just to have my $1,200 turn into $900.

This whole thing is about the money. Who the hell "army builds" $1,200 AT-AT's anyways? You're mad because you were waiting for these to increase in value then unload them on Ebay or some other etailer and now MR is releasing a more superior item that everyone else, myself included, would rather buy.

Cheers oh friend of SSG.

Turbowars
06-29-2005, 05:58 PM
You know what I don't know why you're mad. You still have a limited release of the AT-AT. I just think your mad because you bought 3 of the inferior ones instead of the better looking snow base ones. That's just me. And in case you care (which I'm sure you don't yet you'll respond with some awesome insults) I don't own one of these...yet. I'm gonna save my money and buy one of the "limited" ones that you bought and I'm gonna get mine on Ebay for about $900 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50274&item=5983501208&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) or rather spend the extra money to get a superior product. Man, I wish I would've run out and bought this one, rather 3 of them, when it came out just to have my $1,200 turn into $900.

This whole thing is about the money. Who the hell "army builds" $1,200 AT-AT's anyways? You're mad because you were waiting for these to increase in value then unload them on Ebay or some other etailer and now MR is releasing a more superior item that everyone else, myself included, would rather buy.

Cheers oh friend of SSG.LOL, love the post Slicker. Can't wait for the reply. :p

artdoesart
06-29-2005, 06:01 PM

Cheers oh friend of SSG.

Hey Chapelle,

Listen don't assume. Like I said I collect too however it may be on a larger scale. Anyhow yes you are exactly right I am sour they have made a far superior one that is the whole idea. But the thing you do not understand is, that there is not supposed to be a superior one because the first one was supposed to be "limited to 1000pcs"... Limited means limited when they specify a number, they are not suppose to make any more. Its like buying a autographed 600 homerun baseball picture signed by Barry Bonds framed and matted. They don't say limited to 200 pics and then come out with the same pic and 600HR theme and put it in a different color frame and say it the Red Frame Series... The whole point is the main centerpiece is the same.

I don't know why you don't understand this. You keep coming here and you think you have it all figured and say "your just sour that you bought junk and there is something better" and well like I said this is not secret you revealed. BUT my point is I wouldn't have gotten screwed given they built 1000pcs only as stated.

artdoesart
06-29-2005, 06:03 PM
LOL, love the post Slicker. Can't wait for the reply. :p

Join the bandwagon... why don't you kick me too...

Slicker
06-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Now after all of that I'm gonna just get down and explain why I think they did it just so I can have a reason for being here. The SW collecting community is growing daily and if they're are only 1,000 of these out there and you have 3 that makes a small percentage sitting in your house. I personally wanted one of these when they came out but lack of funds made it impossible. MR is in the market to make SW products for SW fans and they must realize that the demand for the AT-AT was sizable. So they simply made a new one which can't be fobbed off as the original (which by the way you have). They didn't make this new one to screw the original owners they made the new one to get new SW fans interested in the MR product which I'm sure it will do. I don't own any MR stuff so I'm not kissing anyones ***** here I'm just stating things how I see them. I understand where you're coming from but like everyone else has said, and you've said big whoop, you should be proud of what you have and display them prominently.

Turbowars
06-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Join the bandwagon... why don't you kick me too...Come on bro, Don't take all this to heart. You know I wouldn't be all that mad about having 3 of the old. The news ones have the cool base and all, but you wouldn't want to set the 3 up with the base to creat a scene. You know what I mean?

artdoesart
06-29-2005, 06:10 PM
i dont think Hasbro is the same deal, they're going to keep making toys as long as they're profitable. obviously they're not going to rerelease Weequay on FF and make a huge amount of them when the green card warmed pegs. they never claim any of their toys to be limited either. its the collectors that determine how much a variation or whatever is worth.
as for MR, you should've known how they operate before you bought the ATAT. they labeled it "LE" for a reason. ya it is limited but they;ve done sig and elite editions of other products so why do you act surprised?
does the base for the LE have the snow and the crashed speeder or is that just the SE?

but hey, did you get everything straightened out? you got all 3 ATATs and the bases are fixed?

DxIRonman,

hey your a cool guy for reals... i think you are one of a very small few who have something worth saying and you are pretty independent.. thanks i appreciate that.

first of you bring up valid points... however i agree totally hasbro never claims they are selling limited items so when you get screwed by the giant its not that bad since in the end you know hasbro only cares about hasbro, this is the way of the world i can handle that. my problem is when you state limited to 1000 pcs and state a exact number thats when we run intoa problem it is borderline misrepresentation.

i also understand what you are saying about "knowing before buying" but consdier this mr has never released versions whether elite or se at different times of the original. the only time was for the first elite edition which was luke rotj which was annouced after i had ordered the at-at's. then i thought "damn" i can't believe they did that since my friend just bought one on ebay (the OG one mr first made for their first saber years ago) for $1800 and now its probably worth less. he will never sell it but you see what i am saying...

anyhow my at-ats are fine, i bought 3 of them one with a jacked base and had to deal with their horrible cs. 1 is actually for a friend i helped out and the other is a bartering tool in the future to get missing mr pieces i wanted (or my friend since we collect together). but i don't know sort of sick of getting bent over on $1200 toys you know?

i mean some of the other stuff i collect like a lot of 12" jap figures, well i have this one figure only 300 made and were given out at the wonder festival via lottery. the thing immediately sold on ebay for $1500-2000 when it costs only $150 roughly. now the figure is worth over 3k and well i never will sell mine but if they said screw it lets make more i would be crazy sour. sure i still have the figure but one has to admit its better/funnner knowing u have this crazy 3k figure in your collection rather than a $2 pegwarmer u know? i mean people won't admit this but I have been 100% honest from the get go. i am not going to lie. anyhow your a cool guy nice chatting with you..

DXiRoNMaN
06-29-2005, 06:11 PM
he might be right. you could be sour because you bought 3 of the inferior version. $3000 to army build, shoulda got the Hasbro ATATs, they would look just as good (or better with the toy snowtroopers). i'm not knocking it, if thats what you do. the point of the studio scale isnt to make a diorama its to display a replica of what they used for the film.
but i'd like to see some pics if you have them setup.

Fwad
06-29-2005, 07:42 PM
You should collect for the FUN of it not the future Ebay value. If there is a demand for a product MR should make more for customers. I hate greed.

DXiRoNMaN
06-29-2005, 08:13 PM
i dont think he's talking about the future Ebay value as much as the fact that 2 versions make it less exclusive. i can understand that but personally i dont think it matters. theres enough difference between the versions and they're all desirable IMO.

Fwad
06-29-2005, 08:23 PM
I just don't like when people complain that they have something that they don't want other people to have without going to Ebay.

Stalecracker
06-30-2005, 11:19 AM
i dont think he's talking about the future Ebay value as much as the fact that 2 versions make it less exclusive. i can understand that but personally i dont think it matters. theres enough difference between the versions and they're all desirable IMO.

I disagree with you. He IS complaining, essentially, about resale value. There's little reason to shell out 3k+ just so you can have three... IF MR had re-released the exact same item in every aspect... that'd be crooked. It is not the same item. Toybiz released LOTR figures in just about every possible combo... just changed the packaging. MR is basically releasing a new product.
I think Artdoesart is now B&Ming to hear himself squawk.

Side by side comparison (http://www.imagemagician.com/images/stalecracker/ATAT_comp.jpg)

artdoesart
06-30-2005, 03:39 PM
You should collect for the FUN of it not the future Ebay value. If there is a demand for a product MR should make more for customers. I hate greed.

Damn it Fwab why don't you read the previous posts... We said anything about eBay? And like I said I bought 3 one if for a gift to a friend and the other two are mine. If you do not believe me ask SSG he knows I am nothing of the sort and have been at this game for a long long time... So before you start assuming please educate yourself...

artdoesart
06-30-2005, 03:44 PM
I disagree with you. He IS complaining, essentially, about resale value. There's little reason to shell out 3k+ just so you can have three... IF MR had re-released the exact same item in every aspect... that'd be crooked. It is not the same item. Toybiz released LOTR figures in just about every possible combo... just changed the packaging. MR is basically releasing a new product.
I think Artdoesart is now B&Ming to hear himself squawk.

Side by side comparison (http://www.imagemagician.com/images/stalecracker/ATAT_comp.jpg)

Complaining? Complaining about what? I said I am ****ed people who complain want something, I don't want anything. I just want to tell MR to basically m|m

Anyhow I will NO LONGER POST IN THIS THREAD look at all the number of viewers and posts I have "rattled the cage" and have "stirred the pot" you guys get so serious about this like is religion. Anyhow the whole time I am just pushing buttons here and there laughing. I do mean what I say however but its always nice to see ignorant people bringing up eBay when in fact if you ask anyone who knows me like Steve, founder of SSG he will tell you I don't scalp and I am just a hardcore collector. Anyhow this is my last post on this thread, it has served its purpose, thank all for helping me get my point across. Whether with me or against me I have managed to keep this thread at the top, and my mission is done, feel free to assume more and bash me...

Have fun guys...

Slicker
06-30-2005, 03:52 PM
What an awesome guy. Makes me proud to be a SW collector.

Kidhuman
06-30-2005, 04:10 PM
I think the newer one looks better and if I bought the prior one I would be ****ed too

Turbowars
06-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Come on, anyone that has the $ to buy 3 can afford to buy a few more.:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
06-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Good point Turbo. Just buy three more and hope they dont make anymore. :beard:

Reefer Shark
06-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Honestly, I don't even know if I believe this guy at this point. Like Turbo said, if he could afford to buy three, buying the new version also shouldn't be a problem. Plus, if someone has this kind of cash to blow on toys, I don't think aftermarket value would be a big concern.

Now he's admitting he was "stirring the pot" like this is some kind of experiment to see who would get riled up, and how popular a negative thread would be. Pretty lame if you ask me... Plus, throwing sirsteves name around in almost every post is lame as well. C'mon dude, that really doesn't impress anyone here.... :rolleyes:

I will say though, the experiment worked. I don't own an AT-AT, but I enjoyed reading every post in this thread lol Guess it's kind of like a car accident - you have to look.

After looking at the comparison pics - I like the 1st one better. Don't know why, I just do.

Jayspawn
06-30-2005, 11:36 PM
If he's done, then good. He talks about us taking it too seriously when hes the one throwing a tantrum.

Anyhow, moving on....

2-1B
07-01-2005, 03:21 AM
what does m|m mean ? :confused:

jedi master sal
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
If he's done, then good. He talks about us taking it too seriously when hes the one throwing a tantrum.

Anyhow, moving on....

I completely agree.

I'd like to say in MR's defense that they DO care about what we fans think. I had the pleasure (along with a good few more forumites/mods/Steve himself) to chat with the MR folks. Not just at CIII, but at a dinner afterwards, then drinks after that. They are a good group of people and I hope they do not consider artdoesart as representative of the rest of the members here.

We have a good thing going with MR and do not need to tarnish our relationship with them with someone of artdoesarts ilk. In fact they told us at the drinks session that this very type of things is the reason why the left other collecting sites. I think they were looking for a new "home" so to speak. That is to say a collecting site where they could interact with their consumers and gauge interest for upcoming products. Let's NOT ruin the opportunities that may arise from that.

I understand his plight but he made his point on more than one occassion, that should have been the end of it. I'm glad that Amy from MR came to defend MR.

Amy, if your still out there, please still consider SSG your collecting site for MR. There are a great many who DO appreciate your company and the products you manufacture.

-Sal

Kidhuman
07-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Amy, if your still out there, please still consider SSG your collecting site for MR. There are a great many who DO appreciate your company and the products you manufacture.

-Sal

I will second what Sal had to say there. I enjoy reading the responses from the company. Even though I dont collect MR, it is still a great communication tool for the collectors. I enjoyed playing the trivia and contests that you have ran here. Please dont let one "sour" apple spoil the tree.

Stalecracker
07-01-2005, 03:57 PM

-Sal

I agree completely. Artdoesart was WAY out of line in is ranting. AND it was a rant. Gotta problem? By all means bring it up on the forum. Chances are it will be addressed.

Don't abandon us MR!!! The vast majority of us are MR fans... to the core.

Turbowars
07-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Two things MR, your prices are through the roof. You need to work on that.

The other thing is I hear of people having problems with your FX sabers. It seems as if some of the LEDs are burning out and you will not service them after the warranty is up. Now I wouldn't expect you to do it for free, but it would be nice. This is the reason why I will not buy a FX saber. Whats the point in buying one if you can't have them serviced?

Other than that your products look top notch.:classic:

Blackened88
07-01-2005, 06:41 PM
I agree with the rest our you guys and though i haven't bought anything yet I will in the future when I pay off some of my bills. Also all he does is ***** about how it's the same thing released when it's not. It's different, if MR was to release it exactly the same, no changes at all then maybe I can understand but it's different.

eFXAmy
07-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Hi Turbowars!

I thought I would take a minute to address your concerns.

1. Pricing - The pricing of our replicas have to be as much as they are. They have went up a little because the price of metals, manufacturing, etc. has gone up. You have to keep in mind the pricing is not just based on materials. It is also based on company overhead. We like our job but we do like to be paid as well!:D

2. We will replace your FX lightsaber if it is defective. We will not replace it if you have broke it yourself especially after the warranty period has expired. Please keep in mind that alot of people that buy these FXs battle really hard with them, even after we tell them not to. Sometimes it knocks LEDs loose, etc. We are very relaxed with our warranty period and have replaced many after the expiration date if it is indeed a manufacturing problem.

I hope that answered your questions. If you need anything else please let me know!

Two things MR, your prices are through the roof. You need to work on that.

The other thing is I hear of people having problems with your FX sabers. It seems as if some of the LEDs are burning out and you will not service them after the warranty is up. Now I wouldn't expect you to do it for free, but it would be nice. This is the reason why I will not buy a FX saber. Whats the point in buying one if you can't have them serviced?

Other than that your products look top notch.:classic:

dr_evazan22
07-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Hi Amy - I bought an AT AT also back in '97 or so. I'm unhappy because the legs are yellowing, and..., well I lost one of the chin guns. Is there any chance you can help me out? I realize that from '97 it may be out of warranty but the LEGS! They're yellowing!

Please?!

BTW - if it means anything I've met SS also. And you too.

Turbowars
07-05-2005, 08:25 PM
MR made a AT-AT in 97?:confused:

Turbowars
07-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi Turbowars!

1. Pricing - The pricing of our replicas have to be as much as they are.
Why am I not surprised by this answer? I mean really, what else could you have said? Umm, OK Mr. Turbowars, Yes our prices are horrible (which they really are)and we are lowering them. lol

Would be nice, but a guy can dream right?:p

Thanks for the reply, and when I get a second job on top of my 50hour a week job I will start buying your products.

eFXAmy
07-05-2005, 08:34 PM
HI Dr,

Master Replicas did not make an AT-AT in 1997. We weren't even in business yet. I think you may have the wrong company.

Hi Amy - I bought an AT AT also back in '97 or so. I'm unhappy because the legs are yellowing, and..., well I lost one of the chin guns. Is there any chance you can help me out? I realize that from '97 it may be out of warranty but the LEGS! They're yellowing!

Please?!

BTW - if it means anything I've met SS also. And you too.

Turbowars
07-05-2005, 08:39 PM
HI Dr,

Master Replicas did not make an AT-AT in 1997. We weren't even in business yet. I think you may have the wrong company.Yeah I kind of thought so. I think you are talking about Kenner/Hasbro's AT-AT, right?

dr_evazan22
07-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Well, it was the Hasbro AT AT, I just figured this was all about AT AT's!

So, your saying you can't do anything aboutt he yellow legs? lol

If it matters, I also bought 3. (2 later, on clearnace)