PDA

View Full Version : The lost 20

JimJamBonds
06-28-2005, 12:21 AM
I did a (quick) search on this and didn't see anything, if its already been covered I'm sorry. Anywho I was thinking about the 'lost 20' as it is stated and thought that its a bit amazing that only 20 have left the order. If the Jedi have been around for over a 1,000 generations how many Jedi have there been? Tens of thousands? houndreds of thousands maybe even a million? and there have only been 20 to leave! Those are pretty darn good numbers if you ask me. Granted they are being raised to be a Jedi since darn near birth but you'd think a certain percentage wouldn't "take" to that type of life... well ok a percentage that would yield more then just 20 lost Jedi down through the years.

2-1B
06-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I'd say that's quite a low turnover rate. The Jedi really do have something to be proud of at their office Christmas party.

X13VADER
06-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Well Would You Leave The Only Life You Ever Known? They Are Taken At Such A Young Age They Know Nothing Different.im Sure Thats Why The Numbers Are So Low.

JimJamBonds
06-28-2005, 10:54 AM
That is true the Jedi are taken at a young age still I'd think there would be a higher amount of people leaving the order. When you consider the phases in a person's life when they get restless and want change: teen years, mid life 'crisis' etc. Heck what about when the get old, is there some kind of Jedi nursing home? :D

2-1B
06-28-2005, 01:53 PM
What's up, capitalizing Every Single Word ? lol lol lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2005, 05:11 PM
It's not like the Jedi take someone leaving the Order lightly. It's a serious deal. I'm sure many more have thought about it, but didn't do it, or left for a while and came back (like that stupid story about teenage Obi-Wan).

And, of course, it's now the Lost Twenty-One.

JimJamBonds
06-29-2005, 12:50 AM
I think of it as the "all are lost except Yoda and Obi-Wan."

Jek Porky 2002
07-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Do we have names for the lost 20?

Obviously there is Count Dooku, and they did name one in the AOTC visual dictionary.

Any other been named?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Do we have names for the lost 20?

Obviously there is Count Dooku, and they did name one in the AOTC visual dictionary.

Any other been named?
I don't know which one was in the VD (that seems like an inappropriate abreviation), but since this is all EU anyway, I think that Xanatos, Qui-Gon's old apprentice from the Jedi Apprentice series, would be one. And wasn't Aurra Sing a former Jedi, or was she just some ho with some lightsabers like Asajj and Grievous?

jjreason
07-04-2005, 01:35 AM
I think the stories behind The Lost Twenty would make an excellent base for an anthology book, like the old ones about the bounty hunters and Cantina patrons. Wouldn't it be interesting if a few of the 20 had left the order after falling in love and wanting to live life married to another being as opposed to the order? A well written story like that, including that Jedi being ousted and then "disowned" or "shunned" by former friends in the order would make for some interesting light being shed on Anakin's situation. You could even incorporate Ani and Obi into the story, maybe they run into this former Jedi at some point and Anakin talks to them and hears about their trials before Obi Wan drags him away sort of thing. Somebody get to work writing that, I'd love to read it....... :D

shammykenobi
07-04-2005, 01:41 AM
I remember reading somewhere that one of the lost twenties name was Chron or Cron the acrchitect of freedom or something like that...I remember reading that one of those big old statues in the jedi temple was of him...but as far as jedi that leave the order, i think the last twenty refer to long standing jedi masters who decide to leave....cause you know there would have to be alot of padawans in their late teens or early twenties that would bail out for some other life.

dr_evazan22
07-05-2005, 10:00 PM
As its played out I don't think I would list Ani / Vader as one of the Lost. I say that because he switched sides.

Dooku may need to be reconsidered also, since he became a Sith Lord. But, as I understand it, he was disenfranchised at the Republics corruption and the Jedi's apathy towards it.

JimJamBonds
07-06-2005, 12:21 AM
I say Ani makes the list 21 and I do think Dooku should be counted as well. I don't think the reason really matters why he/the others left it just mattered that they left period. They didn't all go on to become Sith of course but they were fed up and left the order.