PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca Statue

Hellboy
06-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Just got my first GG statue and I'm extremely impressed. This statue is AMAZING!!!! The detail in Chewy's face and fur completely blew me away and standing around 14" tall and weighing in at roughly 14lbs this one is a beast.

One thing though, upon opening it I was assaulted by what could possibly be the strongest smell ever to emanate from a Star Wars collectible box. So strong in fact that my first impression was that the statue's paint had not completely dried before it was boxed. :eek: After close inspection though I realized he wasn't wet but the smell was so strong it gave me a headache and I had to crack a window and leave the room. lol

One interesting note is that this statue uses both hard and soft resin so if you're worried about how fragile Chewy's sagging fur might be don't. It's flexible at the tips and won't break off easily.

If the GG Darth Vader and C-3PO statue are of this same quality I think I'm going to have to look into getting those at some point as well. Just a fantastic piece and fairly cheap considering the quality IMO. I picked mine up for $128 even though it retailed for $185 which I thought was a great deal. If you're into statues pick this one up, you won't regret it.

Jayspawn
06-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Thats a great price Hellboy. I have all the GG Statues, the Chewbacca Statue was my 1st. It's incredible! Well worth the buy! You have to be careful around C-3PO's exposed wires becuase they're fragile. Yeah the smell from all the paint is incredible (ahhh, thats the smell of detail) But its a great piece and I highly recommend it!

(the smell is not so bad on C-3PO and Vader)