PDA

View Full Version : New Lego Sets!

Battle Droid
06-29-2005, 12:41 PM
From, http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1260117&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1260117

- 6207 Awing with Pilot and crewman
- 6205 V-Wing with Clone Pilot
- 6208 B-Wing with Pilot
- 6206 Tie Interceptor with Pilot
- 6209 Slave I with Fett, Ig-88, 4-LOM, and Dengar!

Slicker
06-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Although 3 of the 5 appear to be just remakes I'm pretty stoked about the Slave I with the other bounty hunters. I can't wait to get an adorable assassin droid in LEGO form.

LusiferSam
06-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the source strikes me a being rather unrepeatable (and nothing against the folks over at scum). The numbers are different (yet again). 62xx was Pirate's numbers (again not that matters much any more). One E3 vehicle in with a bunch of classic vehicles also strikes me as odd. As does the three extra bounty hunters that come with Slave 1. Why those three?

I'd love an up dated B-Wing and to finally a get a TIE Interceptor. A new A-Wing and Slave 1 seem a little boring. But I really want the other bounty hunters that come with Slave 1. Its too bad Dengar will be made wrong. I have no opinion about the V-Wing.

But I won't hold my breath until a more repeatable source confirms these info.

Kidhuman
06-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Nice pick up on the numbers LS. They do sound good, hopefully they pan out, but like it was said, I will wait for official confirmation.

mastermatt24
06-30-2005, 09:26 PM
I migth go for the V-Wing.. i dont really care for rehashes.

DarkArtist
07-02-2005, 12:37 PM
I gave up on the lego sets because they're getting way too expensive. I remember when Lego used to release sets that were on vehicle and one guy for under $10 bucks. Now the sets are ranging from $6 to $300 depending on what set you want. I think the last set I bought was the X-Wing on Dagobah set but even that was $40.
What's price of these new sets $30 and higher ????? The v-wing if done right could sell for under $15 and still be cool. Slave 1 shouldn't be more then $20. I remember paying $29.99 for the Shuttle when it first came out and now the reissue of it $49.99 because of some extra guys and a small transport, what a ripoff. :greedy: :greedy:
Thanks but no thanks to Lego. :frus:

Kidhuman
07-02-2005, 11:47 PM
The price of new sets range from 6 bucks(vader table) to around 90(turbo tank). The 3 sets I have so far are worth the money, Vader table, AT-RT, and Droid Tri-fighter. Not one costs over 15 bucks.

todd
07-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Just thought I'd throw this in the mix.

Believe me, I'd love for these sets to be real.
But I question the source a bit.
I, too, work in printing packaging. (in the U.S.)
It's commonly known in that part of the industry, that it is impossible to get toy manufacturing accounts. Most (if not all) toy companies print their packaging overseas. Vietnam, China, etc. Trust me.
Lego has their packaging printed in Denmark, through the largest packager, DANAPAK. Double check me, tear away the tucks (flaps) on any large lego box, you will find their logo.

Now, Maybe this source is from Denmark, but boy did his statement sound like U.S. meter and venacular.

I could be wrong. I want to be wrong, but untill something more concrete comes out, there's a very slight chance (very slight) that any american company could even get near this one. Until lego backs this one up, I'd count it as false.(darn it all, lego bounty hunters just sound so neat)

Thats my two cents.

Todd

Kidhuman
07-07-2005, 12:44 AM
WHatever happened to the Lego rep that was here awhile back?

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2005, 02:43 PM

We probably weren't spending enough $$ on Legos so they bailed.

I think that rebelscum post is crap too. Why would Lego have the packaging for new sets already done when there's been no pix of these sets floating around? You'd think that at least some rumors would leak out about the sets during the final stages of product design so why then would Lego be so keen on getting packaging ready so quickly?

A V-Wing would still be cool...

Ji'dai
07-07-2005, 05:46 PM

Her arrival coincided with the last major Toy Fair (NYC maybe?) and I think she was here primarily for damage control. The Toy Fairs are really intended for manufacturers to show off new product to potential retailers and not the general public. But with the growth of internet collector sites, new toys are reported on and photos appear on the 'net before they are to be officially unveiled to public.

JediTricks
07-08-2005, 03:57 AM
Also, we're not really doing a lot of Lego discussion here right now, so it probably needs more interest to justify it. Plus, I believe she's in Australia right now for the company.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-08-2005, 05:44 PM
That rebelscum thread may be phony, but fbtb.net (http://www.fbtb.net/customs/index.asp?section=gallery&gallery=JoshdarthvoshDeLeon) has a good custom V-Wing posted.

Battle Droid
07-08-2005, 08:19 PM
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/lego/news20050708.html

JediTricks
07-08-2005, 09:57 PM
That B-wing looks much better than the original, I think this is a great sign as there seems to be a lot more focus on authentic detail and the vehicle's body integrity.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Well, son of a bi...that cracker wasn't blowing smoke.

Wish I had waited on the Tri fighter and Ani ship. That Target set looks nice with the red JSF.

Slicker
07-09-2005, 01:00 AM
That B-wing looks much better than the original, I think this is a great sign as there seems to be a lot more focus on authentic detail and the vehicle's body integrity.Agreed. That B-Wing looks much better than the first one they put out. As for the Space Battle set that too is a nice looking piece. Although repacks I haven't bought any of the sets from this particular one so it may help me save some money.

todd
07-09-2005, 01:24 AM
I was wrong! Yeah!!! If being wrong means owning a Dengar minifig, I don't wanna be right!

Jangu Fett
07-11-2005, 09:24 AM
The B-Wing's a surprise. That looks better then I thought it would. I think I'll be passing on the Ultimate Space Battle. Can't wait to see what the other sets looks like. They're going to show those at comic-con, right? When is that?

Kidhuman
07-11-2005, 11:24 PM
I was wrong! Yeah!!! If being wrong means owning a Dengar minifig, I don't wanna be right!

I wanna be wrong too

JediTricks
07-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Comic-Con is the end of this week. FBTB claims that Lego will only have the new B-wing there, but I am hoping that the packaging that the rumors were spawned from also arrive if nothing else.

As for that Ultimate Space Battle, I too will be passing, I have all those items and don't want a repaint of the JSF. It's a cool looking set and all, but I already spent my money on this stuff.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-12-2005, 04:01 PM
From some blown-up pix of the new B-Wing cockpit on fbtb.net, it appears that the pilot minifig will be a sullustan (aka Nien Nunb) in a white jumpsuit.

Jangu Fett
07-12-2005, 07:10 PM
I seen that. It really looks weird though, maybe it's because of the canopy?

Has anyone else hear about the new UCS Jedi Starfighter from E3?

Slicker
07-12-2005, 07:15 PM
It could indeed be a Sullistan. Remember the 3 pack with Ten Nunb in it? Going with EU (which I hate doing and I'll probably get ripped for doing) Sullistans flew in the Battle of Endor.

mastermatt24
07-12-2005, 09:16 PM
EU or not I always hated that stupid sullustian that came with the "real" B-Wing, and would be POed if it is one.

JediTricks
07-13-2005, 02:35 AM
Well, that would make him Ten Numb I guess, whom Hasbro has a figure of (2, if you count the one that came with the POTF2 B-wing, but that was merely a repaint).

Slicker, Ten Numb, in the white outfit that came with the ship, was actually filmed for ROTJ in the B-wing, just cut from the final version. The official SW site actually lists Ten Numb as a movie element rather than an EU one: http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/bwingstarfighter/index.html

Slicker
07-16-2005, 02:57 AM
For those that may not have seen it here are the pics of the B-Wing. I like this one due to it having the stand so if you display it it doesn't take up as much space.

B-Wing (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3632&text=&imageid=16317&box=&shownew=)
Pilot (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3632&text=&imageid=16319&box=&shownew=)

Jedibill
07-16-2005, 12:51 PM
think theres any chance they will release this in a set :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1200131

Slicker
07-16-2005, 08:33 PM
I've seen lots of pics of that thing. It's friggin' ginormous. That thing would cost an arm and a leg though.

Kidhuman
07-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Good lord that thing is huge.

Slicker
07-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Found this on RS about the new sets coming out.

"Jay Bruns, LEGO Star Wars Brand Manager, was gracious enough to provide FBTB with some additional information regarding January's line up:
FBTB: Is that a new B-wing pilot? Is it supposed to be a sullistan or just a regular pilot minifig?

JB: It is just a B-wing pilot. The set comes with 2 mini figures – there is also another pilot on the ground that goes with the ‘control center’ launching pad. This is basically a place to park the B-wing so that it can be repaired, worked on, etc… It also serves as a great way to display the set – which was a bit of a pet peeve of mine with the old set.

FBTB: The model shown at Comic-Con, is this the final model or is there a chance modifications will be made?

JB: Final.

FBTB: What are the price points for each set?

V-wing, $9.99
A-Wing $15.99
TIE Interceptor: $19.99
B-Wing: $34.99 (435 Pieces)
Slave I: $54.99
FBTB: Many fans are happy that the redesigned ship looks much better than the first release; can we expect the same quality of upgrades on the other ships?

JB: For the most part, yes. The B-wing is much bigger and much more accurate to the real thing. The Slave I is a completely new design and comes in a bit bigger than the JF Slave I. It is very solid and more accurate to the movie reference. I can confirm that it comes with Fett, Dengar, IG-88 and a Bespin Guard. The A-Wing is a new design but is not as dramatically different from the original as the rest.

FBTB: Are there more sets planned for the January assortment?

JB: No

FBTB: Many other fans are happy to be able to get these models since they missed some of them the first time around, but veterans are clamoring for NEW product. seeing as to how this is the assortment for January of 2006, coupled with the fact that the license allegedly ends in 2007, it’s not looking good for playsets. I’m just going to come straight out and ask: are we going to see some non-vehicular based playsets? If not, it is a license restriction?

JB: We are not restricted to vehicles but tend to focus on them as they have historically been the best sellers in the range."

The price points don't appear to be too bad with the exception of Slave I. Why it would be so high is beyond me. The JF one was pretty large but didn't run all that much and the addition of 3 extra mini figs can't drive the price up that much can it?

Kidhuman
07-17-2005, 11:07 PM
The Slave 1 is outrageous. I agree, three mini foigs cant drive up the price that much. But I want the Dengar figure, so I will probably get it.

Slicker
07-18-2005, 01:55 AM
The Slave 1 is outrageous. I agree, three mini foigs cant drive up the price that much. But I want the Dengar figure, so I will probably get it.Granted, they do say it is a bit bigger than the JF one which would indeed make it quite sizable but come on. The dang Dagobah/X-Wing set only retailed for $40 and that had plenty of playability compared to most sets.

Kidhuman
07-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Actually, the Dago/wing sold for 50 beans.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-18-2005, 11:49 AM
The $55 price for the BFS1 seems excessive to me, but I think the JFS1 was about
$50 when it came out so at least it's consistent. I'm wondering if there'll be a working cargo hold and if the cockpit holes problem from the JFS1 has been avoided in this model. That's cool that we're getting a Bespin Guard. He'll go nicely with the Cloud City set. 4-LOM would be a nice addition and wouldn't be difficult to make--just do a black C-3PO with a different head. IG-88 will suck cause it'll be a EV-9D9 wannabe with a pointy piece on top of the head.

Good news on the prices for the most part. I can't believe the V-Wing is going to be $10. I hope it doesn't blow big time cause of the price (how's that for irony--me criticizing a low Lego price ;) ). The A-Wing 1 was $15, so this one should be pretty much the same. The TIE/I is the same $ as the TIE/F so that's great. I'm hoping for another fueling tower, but I won't hold my breath.

As for the B-Wing...WOW. It looks great. Love the extra little repair/fueling tower. It's those little extras that make SW Lego sets really great. I wish they'd go back to that philosophy from the beginning of the line. The price is a little higher than I'd like but it looks like it got a lot of attention in the designing phase so OK. That other pilot minifig IS a Sullustan. It has the same look as the sw.com archive pic. I don't know if that Lego rep is blowing smoke or just flat out doesn't know.

Slicker
07-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Actually, the Dago/wing sold for 50 beans.Now that you mention it I did end up getting mine on sale so yeah it probably was in the $50 price range.

Kidhuman
07-19-2005, 12:16 AM
I ended up getting one for 17 and another for 13 Slicker, so 2 for 40 isnt bad. :D :beard:

moulman
07-26-2005, 08:45 PM
i talked to the lego rep that was standing by the ship at C3; he told me there was about 40k dollars worth of legos in that

Mandalorian Candidat
08-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Just a quick update on these...

According to our local Lego rep (I talked with her this afternoon at the local WM--they just did their reset) there are to be no more SW Lego sets and that the line is dead because Lucas is not making any more SW movies.

Anyhoo, I told her in a very nice way that she was not correct and that I had seen pix of at least the B-Wing (was that from SDCC?). She countered that her supervisor said they weren't making any new stuff for SW for 2006 and that was that.

Isn't this the Information Age??? Why is it I know more about this line than she and I barely know the difference between a minifig's A and a hole in the ground?

Slicker
08-18-2005, 05:44 PM
It's because most of these reps don't know about the product. I used to be a rep for the build it yourself furniture (i.e. entertainment centers and such) and I didn't really know squat about my job. Granted I learned and understood it after a while but for the first couple of months I didn't know what to tell people when they'd ask stupid questions.

BTW, I can build all of that build it yourself stuff in a damn flash. It's convinient when people want to pay you to build it and you ream 'em on money for very little time.:thumbsup:

Ji'dai
08-18-2005, 07:07 PM
They may keep their reps in the dark about new product development. The '06 sets should begin to appear in December. I figured the reps would be armed with retailer catalogs with the new stuff in it, but maybe the current catalogs don't have the new sets.

If the reps aren't personal users of the product, they probably won't be much help to actual customers. What do reps really do, besides lighting a fire under the toy dept. people to more prominently display their company's product? That's basically what I've seen them do.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-19-2005, 09:21 AM
If the reps aren't personal users of the product, they probably won't be much help to actual customers. What do reps really do, besides lighting a fire under the toy dept. people to more prominently display their company's product? That's basically what I've seen them do.

That's total crap! Why have a rep if they aren't going to be familiar with the product line? I'm a chemist by education, yet I worked in a position where I also needed to be really familiar with our company's products to help customers make their decision. It sounds like people like this just have zero motivation to do their jobs. Another example of American know-how and initiative going down the crapper. :cry:

JediTricks
08-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Reps are really just there to keep shelves neat and straight, make sure the store is properly promoting the brand.

Battle Droid
08-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Slave I PICS!

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/lego/news20050822.html

Slicker
08-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Tee hee hee hee!!! Look at that lil' IG-88.

It looks good but I thought they said it would be different than Jango's Slave I? It looks to be nearly the same to me with the exception of a couple of different pieces on the top of it.

Ji'dai
08-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Wow, a black Bespin Guard. Haven't seen one of those on the market in over twenty years. Well, I guess now I'm gonna have to break down and buy Cloud City.

Battle Droid
08-22-2005, 09:09 PM
I'll wait until it goes on clearance, I found Jango's for $3.00 at Wal-Mart.

JediBoulton
08-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Mentioned that we get an extra 179 Pieces ... I hope this gives us a CARGO HOLD that we need for SOLO...

I forsee this to be another disapointment :upset:

mastermatt24
08-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Dengar looks like a fricken' nija :bandit:
Another pass for me. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
08-23-2005, 12:50 AM
I dunno. I am at a loss for words with the pics. It looks good, possibly a clearance item. The figures make me laugh. How sad is it that Lego gives us a black Bespin guard and hasbro cant?

JediBoulton
08-23-2005, 06:52 AM
Taken From the TOP SECRET Labs within LEGO ~~

Look Master -- the new SLAVE 1 -- its Great !!

"It looks the same."

"It has 179 new pieces."

And~~

"It has a Denger and a IG-88."

Still not impressed~~

"Well -- um its from ESB and People LOVE that movie!"

No we need something more -- something that will reash the COLLECTOR~~

"Oh -- It comes in a New BOX"

BRILLIANT -- Now everyone will rush to get the new SLAVE 1 --- :rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
08-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Hell, why not? It looks to be a big improvement over the smaller Slave 1, though, yeah Dengar's a friggin ninja. At last a Bespin Guard. That's good. Hasbro could have easily only put in a couple of minifigs, but a Bossk and Zuckuss would have been icing on the cake.

mastermatt24
08-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Key words: WOULD HAVE BEEN
But no.. they are getting cheap. Why do we need another slave 1?? Why couldnt we have an E-wing?

JediTricks
08-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Because virtually no kids have heard of the E-wing, there's a very weak mainstream market interest there.

I think this new Slave 1 looks great, I love the Jango version but this one seems like it's gonna be better. There are several changes I can see, the lower half of the main body isn't hollow like Jango's was, the panels at the top of the "curve" looks more solid, there's more detail on the wings, the back where the ramp is is curved, there's other little stuff like that. Hopefully there's a friggin' DOOR there too. I don't like the sound of a firing weapon, I foresee a big lego missile launcher smack in the middle of the whole thing, but I could be wrong. Dengar wearing a ninja wrap is lame, but the IG-88 design is fairly clever. Plus, it's in the ESB color scheme, that's something.

Battle Droid
08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Jedi Ambush Lego Set?

From, http://www.rebelscum.com

Reader Don sends word that Target will be receiving an Order 66 exclusive set, which will include a Jedi Temple set which is approximately 6" tall, the colour of peach and features several arches. An Anakin Skywalker, two tactical operations Clone Troopers and a generic Jedi minifig accompany the set. The set is believed to contain 201 pieces and will cost $19.99. At this stage the set is purely a rumour and LEGO have been contacted for a statement.

mastermatt24
08-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Because virtually no kids have heard of the E-wing, there's a very weak mainstream market interest there.

BUT, once they see it they will be begging mommy to buy it! :yes:

LusiferSam
08-23-2005, 11:35 PM
I guess the new Slave 1 looks ok. I've have to build for myself before I truly judge it. IG-88 is a little disappointing (but not unexpected). Dengar is down right lame. A white ninja hood, what's the matter with these people? But on the plus side he's fixable. The Bespin Guard is debatable.

As for this Jedi Ambush set, from the description it sounds rather lame. At a 201 pieces and at 6" tall it isn't very big. Why did we need to know about the arches? Don't most of us know what the Jedi Temple looks like? Like I said it sounds rather lame.

Kidhuman
08-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Jedi AMbush eh? SOunds like a cool set if it gets made.

Slicker
08-25-2005, 03:21 AM
From RS:

As suspected, this report is fantasy. In the words of the Star Wars brand manager at LEGO it is "rubbish". So no Ambush set. Which is fortunate as it sounded like crap anyways.

Ji'dai
08-25-2005, 09:16 AM
According to FBTB.net, Target is getting an exclusive set, Ultimate Space Battle (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-45/qid=1124266369/ref=sr_1_45/602-9184508-4180649?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000AEOED0). Priced at $50, it reportably contains Obi-Wan's red Jedi Starfighter, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, Droid Tri-Fighter, Vulture Droid, two Buzz Droids, and Obi-Wan and Anakin minifigs.

moulman
08-25-2005, 07:29 PM
From RS:
So no Ambush set. Which is fortunate as it sounded like crap anyways.

Ya That report was totally BS. Don posted that on FBTB like 3 days before, and we knew it was a total lie(he's made up other news before).

Preety funny that RS bought his story:yes:

Battle Droid
08-30-2005, 04:44 AM
V-Wing teaser Pic. lol

http://www.fbtb.net/images/vwing1.jpg

Slicker
08-30-2005, 05:46 AM
That's not even fair that they do that. I bet someone with photoshop could unmix that to form a good image.

moulman
08-30-2005, 06:23 PM
That's not even fair that they do that. I bet someone with photoshop could unmix that to form a good image.

Its their website...no one is stopping them from doing it:pleased:

Battle Droid
08-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Better one up today.

http://www.fbtb.net/images/vwing3.jpg

Slicker
08-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Ok, that's much better. I can actually make out what it is.

JediTricks
09-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Looks like it's gonna be a decent set for the $10 pricepoint.

Jangu Fett
09-01-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't know about this set, at first I was really excited about it. But THIS (http://www.fbtb.net/images/vwing4.jpg) photo the wings are not tilted forward, so they can't be the sets landing gear, like in the movie. And what is that fin underneath the main body?

JediTricks
09-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Got anything from the movie we can compare it to? So far it looks how I expected except with more stuff in the back. It's barely noticable in the movie so I don't remember it too well.

Battle Droid
09-01-2005, 10:40 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/fb/Vwing6lp.jpg

http://www.maj.com/gallery/R4P17DC/fbtbprofilework/rotsv-wing.jpg

Slicker
09-02-2005, 02:32 AM
And what is that fin underneath the main body?I believe that fin may be what the vehicle sits on when it's on a flat surface so the wings aren't put under stress.

JediTricks
09-03-2005, 03:29 AM
Thanks BD, good photos.

FBTB put up the final photo, there are 2 fins hanging down there, landing legs I'll wager: http://www.fbtb.net/images/vwing.jpg

I'm not in love with it, but it's not that far out so I'll buy it, but I'll never call it a "V-wing", it just feels wrong. I like the addition of a new part, the 2-clip flag-type piece which attaches to normal plates, I can foresee a lot of uses for that part, and it'll save having to build those more complicated versions like the clips on the OTC Falcon.

Slicker
09-03-2005, 03:37 AM
It's a nice looking set and with the that low of a price point I won't have any trouble finding the money to get it. That new part is quite neat looking. I like how they modified an already existing part.

Ji'dai
09-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Well, it's okay. I'm not that excited about it since it's a prequel vehicle, but it might be a cheap way to build clone pilots if you have an interest in army building.

Kidhuman
09-03-2005, 10:58 AM
I like the cleared up pic JT. I am gonna buy it

LusiferSam
09-03-2005, 11:40 AM
That new part is quite neat looking. I like how they modified an already existing part.
We couldn't be farther apart on that issue. 90% of the time I hate it Lego comes out with a new element. Most of the time the new element does the job that one (or a group of three) elements did just a well (if not better). I thought I read just recently that Jørgen Knudstorp (he's LEGO's CEO for those that don't know) wanted to put a stop to adding a new element and color every time you blinked. Maybe I misunderstand what he said. I will say that being a 2x3 tile means that it has more surface area and might hold better.

It's a good looking set. Looks like a simple build. I'll definitely get one.

JediTricks
09-04-2005, 11:43 PM
This is IMO different because the concept of using clips on bars for official sets is fairly new, and this piece strengthens the connection while lowering the need for a thicker connection that requires more small pieces that whack out of alignment fairly easily. Plus, I hope this uses a more frictiony material than the clips used for the leafs of the Falcon, those are good at their job but they don't hold upright as well and break a little easier.

Battle Droid
11-22-2005, 07:09 PM
New pics of the A-Wing.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=154998

Mandalorian Candidat
11-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Nice. I really like this ship and the maintenance cart is a nice touch.

So, is Lego now putting a brick inventory in the construction manuals?

Slicker
02-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Old thread but today I finally saw all of the new LEGO sets. Before this I'd only seen the V-Wing and Slave I.

I was really impressed with the B-Wing and the new design they have. It really makes the original look out of date. The others I didn't really look at as the B-Wing was taking most of my attention.

Slicker
02-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Finally picked up one of these sets today. I got the Slave I and I can't wait to put it together. I also got a couple of the ROTS sets (I only had the Vader Transformation) so I have a fun filled weekend ahead of me. (seething with sarcasm, that was)

Slicker
11-19-2006, 05:50 PM
I just got another one of these sets today since it was on sale.

I got the V-Wing. Not a tough build at all (I think I built it in 13 minutes). It's pretty sweet looking and the only thing I don't like about it is that the wings hit the ground when set down on the stand thingies that come built onto it and the big gap at the bottom of the window piece.

It's a basic no frills system set but it gets the point across and the colors appear to be quite accurate. Definitely a no brainer pick up for $9 at Target.

figrin bran
11-19-2006, 09:11 PM
I could be mistaken, Slick, but i think you could've bought that Lego V-Wing set from TRU a few weeks ago for less than $9.

JediTricks
11-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah, they had the V-wing on sale 2 weeks ago for $6 and change.

That canopy piece they've been using since the Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter sucks most of the time, it's always got some gap, it took me forever to finally build a set out of my second Ep 2 JSF set that didn't have that gap.

I do like this set, and I doubt I would have bought the V-wing at any price higher than $10. The vehicle looks pretty decent, and looks even better flying with the wings closed.

On mine, the lower wings clear the ground when using the landing feet by half a centimeter, is it possible you built yours wrong?

Slicker
11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
On mine, the lower wings clear the ground when using the landing feet by half a centimeter, is it possible you built yours wrong?Maybe I didn't word it right. The wings clear but I wish they could be opened up normally and still have some sort of stand.

JediTricks
11-20-2006, 06:44 PM
OH! Ok, I see what you mean. Well, it's LEGO, just slap one together, should be really easy, just 3 bricks tall.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Anyone seen the new 2007 sets yet? Someone on fbtb.net forums claims they've been found (Boston, NY area?).

Slicker
12-02-2006, 02:37 AM
I read on anotheR Site that they'd been found also.

Ji'dai
12-02-2006, 05:05 PM
I haven't seen them yet. Last year I found them at TRU around mid-December.

figrin bran
12-03-2006, 01:50 AM
i checked my local Lego store in the mall but the new sets weren't in yet.

Ji'dai
12-03-2006, 09:09 AM
I was looking at TRU's advertising circular this morning and they've got BOGO 50% off on all LEGO sets this week. I'm going shortly and see if I can pick up some of the sets I've been putting off on getting - Spongebob, Vikings, etc. Hopefully my store'll get the '07 SW stuff in this week for the sale, that'll be sweet!

2-1B
12-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Finally picked up one of these sets today. I got the Slave I and I can't wait to put it together. I also got a couple of the ROTS sets (I only had the Vader Transformation) so I have a fun filled weekend ahead of me. (seething with sarcasm, that was)

Did you get a chance to put together Slave I yet ? Also, did that weekend live up to your expectations ?

Slicker
12-03-2006, 04:31 PM
I was looking at TRU's advertising circular this morning and they've got BOGO 50% off on all LEGO sets this week. I'm going shortly and see if I can pick up some of the sets I've been putting off on getting - Spongebob, Vikings, etc. Hopefully my store'll get the '07 SW stuff in this week for the sale, that'll be sweet!I saw that as well. I'm thinking about splurging and getting several of the larger sets to save even more money (maybe Jabba's Barge and the UCS AT-ST).

Did you get a chance to put together Slave I yet ? Also, did that weekend live up to your expectations ?Wow. I've never had one of my own posts dug up.

Anywho, to answer your question Caesar, I did put Slave I together and it's probably the best version of it done yet. The inclusion of IG-88 and Deng:Pirate: makes this set awesome.

Ji'dai
12-03-2006, 07:23 PM
I saw that as well. I'm thinking about splurging and getting several of the larger sets to save even more money (maybe Jabba's Barge and the UCS AT-ST). I went this morning and was disappointed. The local store hasn't restocked the Sail Barge or Star Destroyer in at least 2-3 weeks. That Sail Barge is a popular set locally, even at full price. Still, was it too much to expect the store to restock before a sale?

Apparently Spongebob, Harry Potter, Avatar, and Technic are exempted from the TRU sale. I was checking TRU.com and the Avatar sets are included but the SW sets are not. They have some sweet new '07 sets (including SW) but they are "temporarily not available online."

K-Mart does have all LEGO BOGO 50% off (didn't test that personally) but the store here has a really, really poor selection.

Kidhuman
12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Is it better than Jango's Slave 1 and whats are the differences?(besides the pack-in figs)

Ji'dai
12-03-2006, 07:55 PM
KH, I posted a review (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30615) of the new Slave I last year. I compared the new version to the two previous ones. I think the linked pics still work.

JediTricks
12-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Is it better than Jango's Slave 1 and whats are the differences?(besides the pack-in figs)It's a little larger, and it's structurally FAR more sound, where the Jango set had parts coming off and sections separating this set is solid as a rock. This version has more detail than Jango's. This set is nowhere near as gappy and unfinished as the Jango set.

From Ji'dai's review:

The missile launcher is attached to the internal hull by six small technic connecting rods, 3 on each side, and removing it wouldn't sacrifice the structural strength of the model. I don't think by removing it you'd gain a whole lot. I suppose an entry to the cockpit could be created in its place, but it wouldn't really affect the main cargo area.I haven't finished it up, but beyond entry to the cockpit, it also empties the upper area which can be converted to a bunk as seen in the incredible cross-sections.

DroidDroppings
12-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Probably So