PDA

View Full Version : Which movies do you want to see made?

SithDroid
01-13-2002, 09:39 PM
With all of the hype about the prequels, and the LOTR, and Spiderman, which movies based on comics, fantasy, sci-fi, video game, or whatever would you like to see get made?

I personally would love to see The Incredible Hulk, (which I hear is in negotiation), and why isn't George starting on Indiana Jones 4. That's what I want to see get made.

As for books, a DragonLance Trilogy would be cool. But only the first three books in the Chronicles series. Everything else is backstory info. Also The Wheel of Time could make a great series and also The DeathGate Cycle.

GNT
01-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
I personally would love to see The Incredible Hulk, (which I hear is in negotiation)

Its in the works,Eric Bana is the Hulk can we all say "this is going to s**k?"

master jedi
01-13-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
why isn't George starting on Indiana Jones 4. That's what I want to see get made.

He has hid hands full with casting boy bands for Star Wars abd then cutting them out. with the Star Wars prequels.

I'd like to see a movie made by that haunted painting that was sold on ebay. The one with the boy and the doll.

bigbarada
01-13-2002, 10:16 PM
Dragonlance would be cool, and hopefully a lot better than the abysmal Dungeons & Dragons film. Flint Fireforge and Tasselhoff have always been some of my favorite fantasy characters.

Since LOTR is doing so well, maybe Peter Jackson will go back and make The Hobbit after all this is over.

GL doesn't plan to start on Indy 4 until after Ep3 is done, which is strange since he made Raiders in between ESB and ROTJ. Age must be slowing him down.

Since my lifelong dream of seeing Spider-Man brought to the big screen is being realized, I don't really have any comic book characters I would like to see made into films right now. Most are already in the works anyways, for better or worse.

I would say Watchmen, but only if someone has the cajones to do it right.

derek
01-13-2002, 11:26 PM
i'd like to see a remake of ayn rand's 1948 film "the fountainhead" and i'd love to see her masterpiece, "atlas shrugged" on film. a movie would be great, but i'd really like to see this get the HBO mini-series treatment ala "band of brothers".

Wolfwood319
01-14-2002, 02:38 AM
I have high hopes for X2 and I had high hopes for Daredevil...:(

I'd like to see that Ghost Rider flick get done, and done well. Also, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and a new, good, year one-esque Batman. Watchmen, but only if I, or Alan Moore directed.

Chronicles would be nice, but it seems to me that they'd gear it more towards kids then LOTR, which wouldn't be all that bad.

I'd say Indy 4, but Harrison Ford is almost 60 years old, and I don't have much faith in Lucas or Spielberg these days. (I still love Spielberg's work, but I can't get over A.I., and that new one with Tom Cruise looks kind of dumb.)

A full-length "Tick" movie would be awesome. Have the main villain be Chairface, and you've got yourself a winner.

I liked the animation on "Final Fantasy," but the movie was just bad. Even though the games are never "in-line" with one another, the always had the same feel. The movie could've been called "Cow wars" and it wouldn't have lost anything. So a movie based on one of the games with that animation would be really good.

El Chuxter
01-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Odd as it may sound, I've always thought Milton's Paradise Lost would make an awesome flick.

SWAFMAN
01-14-2002, 01:16 PM
there was a sci-fi novel, I think back in the mid-70's, called "Weatherman" about - you guessed it! - a man who discovered a means to control the weather. I thought I'd heard that it started production as a movie, but that was years ago. I never found out what happened to it. I would still like to see it.

I'd like to see the novels Society of the Mind, and Timeline made into films. If you've not read these, they're great books.

Mike Troxell
01-14-2002, 02:52 PM
Definites

The Hobbit
A new Batman (back to the gothic style, of course)

Possibly

Indy 4, assuming they get to it very soon.

stillakid
01-14-2002, 04:20 PM
The last miniseries version of DUNE got close, but to do it right, it needs to be a television series.

I started work on a TICK feature, but then somebody got the bright idea to screw it all up with that lousy live action show. Oh well.

And there's this idea floating around, of having a boy band play intergalactic warriors...

mabudonicus
01-14-2002, 05:15 PM
I actually tried to write a video screenplay for "paradise lost" in high school, the story/poem is a really vivid,sweeping epic. Too much so, it turns out, for a high school film project. But if it were done like LOTR?Hmmm.
I would really like to see a good Iron Man film, based on the late 70's era, conflicted Tony Stark.
Or a really good Mobile Suit Gundam film, based on(what else) the one year war. That would rule!!!

mylow thehutt
01-14-2002, 07:13 PM
:)Well lets see.

1.The Matrix 2 and 3

2.The simpons moive.

3.the fantastic 4

4.and will there be a scary moive3:confused:

Mike Troxell
01-14-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
4.and will there be a scary moive3:confused:

Yes, unfortunately
:D

Apparently it will be called Scary Movie: Episode I: Lord of the Brooms, expanding it from the overused horror scenario to just be a general spoof.

And it will still be as vulgar, stupid, and unlimitedly crappy as the last two, I'm sure.

bigbarada
01-14-2002, 07:17 PM
and will there be a scary moive3:confused:

I sure hope not!

GNT
01-14-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Mike Troxell
it will be called Scary Movie: Episode I: Lord of the Brooms

are you serious???If so thats the worst title ever(Sorry AOTC)

I want more Batman movies and not as cheesy as the present versions(Gothic yes!) and I want more of the Riddler (Fav BM bad guy)

Mike Troxell
01-14-2002, 08:22 PM
That Scary Movie title could change. It was posted at Dark Horizons a few weeks back, so it is far from official.

I want more than anything to see a dark, gothic Batman with the Scarecrow (in my opinion, the only really good Batman villain before they start scraping the bottom of the barrel--see Clayface, Manbat, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy...oh, sorry, already used :) )

Also, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin should be stricken from the record. Apart from the Riddler, too many things were different or inconsistent. Why did African American Harvey Dent turn into an old white guy? Was it the new mayor who passed the law to make sure every lightbulb in the city was fluorescent neon? When did Batman decide that his costume would be more intimidating with pointy nipples...don't answer that one ;)

stillakid
01-14-2002, 08:35 PM
When did Batman decide that his costume would be more intimidating with pointy nipples...don't answer that one ;)

...when Warner Bros put happy boy Schumacher at the helm. At least somebody got his jollies from the films.

GNT
01-14-2002, 09:12 PM
I want more than anything to see a dark, gothic Batman with the Scarecrow (in my opinion, the only really good Batman villain before they start scraping the bottom of the barrel--see Clayface, Manbat, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy...oh, sorry, already used :) )

They could also use The Mad Hatter,Harley Quinn,Ra's Al Ghul or the Phantasm :) Plus all the other Batman villians they didn't kill off Catwoman (Who is still at large in gothem City?),The riddler,Mr Freeze and Poisen leaf girl ;)

I would love to see Phantasm in a Batman movie,she has a scary mask and such potential :)

Mike Troxell
01-14-2002, 09:20 PM
I want to see King Tut, Egghead, and the Puzzler! :)

I liked the Phantasm, however most of the fun of that villain was the mystery of who she was, methinks.

GNT
01-14-2002, 10:02 PM
I liked the Phantasm, however most of the fun of that villain was the mystery of who she was, methinks.

They could do a movie on her meesa thinks.

El Chuxter
01-15-2002, 11:02 AM
My good idea for Batman V (and I'm keeping it in continuity, since WB would want that) would involve Azrael and Bane. Long story condensed, it turns out that the Bane in B&R was just a common street thug who was infected by Venom that had been stolen from the real Bane, who's a renegade chemist from the Order of St Dumas. (Way off comic continuity, yeah, but aren't they all?) The phony Bane has turned the attention of the real Bane to Gotham City, where he wants to best the Batman. Azrael is dispatched by the Order and helps Batman bring Bane to justice.

An unfortunately more likely script for Batman can be found here (http://pages.prodigy.net/elchuxter/batman.htm). :D

SithDroid
01-15-2002, 02:17 PM
I don't believe that treatment one bit. First of all the cast list. they could never get that many stars to star in the flim. Second, Johnny Depp would never accept a role in this movie. Johnny Depp is one of those actors that choses odd roles, but have you seen the stuff he does. It's awesome. And seeing as the entire Batman franchise is going to c**p, then why would he do it. George Clooney should give up the Batman cloak because he is a horrible actor. Let's have Michael Keaton back. Now he was awesome. And why not get Jack Nicholsen back to play the Joker again. They could bring him back to life easily, after all they do it in the comics all the time. Unfortunately I don't see a new Batman movie anytime soon, unless perhaps Tim Burton hops on again.

Mike Troxell
01-15-2002, 05:03 PM
Yeah, for some reason ;) I don't believe that treatment either. Although I like it better than Batman and Robin.

I liked Clooney in the Batman role. He was the only good thing about Batman and Robin, in my opinion (excluding Elliot Goldenthal's slightly-better-than-mediocre score).

Wolfwood319
01-16-2002, 12:37 AM
Months back, Jack Nicholson was doing interviews for a movie he did, and he said the one role he wants to do know is Joker (again).

I don't know if I'd want Tim Burton to do another Batman. POTA was just terrible.

I think a good story line would be if they used the Falcone mob family, as well as other mob stuff, like from Year One, Long Halloween, and Dark Victory. That would kick @$$ IMO. Real dark, like the first one.

Ra's Al Gul would be another excellent villain to use, as well.

GNT
01-16-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
My good idea for Batman V (and I'm keeping it in continuity, since WB would want that) would involve Azrael and Bane. Long story condensed, it turns out that the Bane in B&R was just a common street thug who was infected by Venom that had been stolen from the real Bane, who's a renegade chemist from the Order of St Dumas. (Way off comic continuity, yeah, but aren't they all?) The phony Bane has turned the attention of the real Bane to Gotham City, where he wants to best the Batman. Azrael is dispatched by the Order and helps Batman bring Bane to justice.

An unfortunately more likely script for Batman can be found here (http://pages.prodigy.net/elchuxter/batman.htm). :D

I guess they'll have to find a new Bane if they made another one with him in it (I heard the actor who played Bane in B&R died?)

El Chuxter
01-16-2002, 10:56 AM
Bane from B&R was only a thug using the name! (Otherwise B&R makes me wanna puke even more than it normally does.) Bane is not only a gigantic killing machine, he's a genius. He's the only Batman villain to identify Bruce Wayne as Batman just by observing body language. He's the only one to methodically plan Batman's downfall, manipulating other villains when it suited his purposes. Physically, he's more than a match for Solomon Grundy or Killer Croc. Mentally, he's on par with Hugo Strange, Anarky, or R'as al Ghul.

I remember how excited I was to catch a glimpse of Bane crushing the Batsignal in the trailer for B&R. Then I saw him transformed into a monosyllabic doofus who walked around in full costume and concealed it with just a fedora! And he looked like he was a freakin' balloon. It was disgusting. Almost as ridiculous as the apparently co-ed cell at Arkham where two villains who hate each other are imprisoned in full body armor!

mylow thehutt
01-16-2002, 03:00 PM
:)are you guys just kidding or is there really going to be a scary moive3, i love the first one,the second so so.also i heard cat women is getting her own moive too.

Mike Troxell
01-16-2002, 04:30 PM
:)are you guys just kidding or is there really going to be a scary moive3, i love the first one,the second so so.also i heard cat women is getting her own moive too.

Yes, I'm serious!

And Catwoman was planned some time ago, but if they use the script that popped up online then I won't even bother seeing it. It was just that bad.

Brave Sir Robin
01-17-2002, 10:30 AM
Tim Burton should definatley get up off his butt and make another Batman movie. Everyone just winges on and on about Planet of the Apes and how he should never make another movie. What if George Lucas decided never to make another movie after THX-1138? where would we all be then? And arguably, after the Phantom Menace (i thoght it was ok, nowhere near as good at the trilogy, whereas other people say it sucked and was not even worthy of the star wars title) Tim Burton is an incredible director, and even incredible directors have their duds sometimes.

I would also like to see, and ONLY if it was as good and as true to the feel of the book as Lord of the Rings was, some films made from the His Dark Materials books. Has anybody read them? They're so cool. So dark, and yet innocent at the same time. Damn cool. If they made a movie of that and it was as good as LOTR i'da thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

jeddah
01-17-2002, 12:44 PM
Two-Thirds (http://www.aulis.com/twothirds4.htm) which was the most challenging book I have read, a proper remake of Stephen King's IT - okay the clown was good but the treatment sucked and the spider at the end....?

Also I'd like a film made of The Elementals (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0380783606/qid=1011292968/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_11_5/104-7152433-3784765) which is the only horror I have ever read to give Stephen King a run for his money....

jeddah

JediCole
01-17-2002, 03:58 PM
So many posts, so little time!
I will save my picks to address this thread for a later post. For now I will address some of the suggested picks of others that are rumored to be in the works, or are actually in the works. It will be interesting to see how many of these see the light of day, such is the nature of Hollywood. In roughly the order they are mentioned on this thread:

The Incredible Hulk - As some have mentioned, it is in the works, in fact in pre-production as we speak with a CGI Hulk planned (in favor of a muscle-man stand-in ala the TV version. Ang Lee is supposedly writting the screenplay.

Watchmen - See my thread (if it is sill around in this section) called "Hayter to Ruin Watchmen on Film". David Hayter, who rescued X-Men from being a lame Hollywood treatment of the super-hero genre and made it something we can watch and enjoy is working on a screenplay for Watchmen that he wants to direct. However, from what little I've seen of interview fragments, Hayter does not seem to have actually READ Watchmen. If he has, ALL of its brilliance is lost to him. Amoungst Hayter's infractions was repeatedly refering to Watchmen as "The Watchmen", as if the comic were about a super hero group (like THE X-MEN) called The Watchmen! He will undoubtedly turn the pinnacle of comics into just another hackneyed super team rumble.

Ghost Rider - I believe this is on the hotlist for a 2003 release, reportedly with Nicholas Cage in the role of Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider and ILM chomping at the bit to work up the Hellish effects.

League of Extrodinary Gentlemen - This project has been picked up by one of the major studios (Fox?) but I've heard nothing about it in a long time.

Timeline - One of Chrichton's best is already in the works with a script that Moriarty of Ain't it Cool News hails as one of the best adaptations of a novel in years. Hopefully this will remain the case as the project goes through the Hollywood grist mill.

Iron Man - Also on the Marvel hot list, slated for 2003 or 2004, I can't recall which.

Fantastic Four - Like Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Iron-Man, on the greenlight hot list. I believe they are shooting for a 2004 release (appropriate for the Fantastic FOUR).

Batman - This is a tough nut to crack. Reportedly (much to the chagrin of many of you here), George Clooney has signed for TWO MORE Batman films. Gears have switched at Warner Brothers from the previously slated Batman: Year One project to World's Finest, which will feature Superman and Batman on the same screen for the first time in movie history! This project has a lot of potential if they don't let Joel Shoemaker anywhere near the set. I've not heard much about casting, but rumor has it that Jack Nicholson may reprise his role as The Joker, and they would be fools not to let him do just that. A respectable treatment of Lex Luthor with a few more Batman and Superman villain types thrown into the mix would make for a worthwhile film. We shall see.

Well, that's all I know of for now, most of the information gleaned from periodic visits to Ain't it Cool News, the single best info site for just about every movie coming down the pike. They tend to avoid rumor and are usually right on the money with the info they provide, barring major changes that almost always occur. Check them out from time to time to keep tabs on these and other media licensed films of the future.

And now I am off to contemplate my hopeful choices for this thread...

SWAFMAN
01-18-2002, 09:07 AM
C O O L ! ! !

Eternal Padawan
07-04-2002, 01:36 AM
Whatever happened to the Airframe movie? I thought Airframe was kind of derivative of Disclosure (the corporate intrigue part of the novel, not the sexual harassment part) but I thought the movie rights got sold before the book was even written.

I would also dig a live action Transformers movie, as long as they used the Gen1 characters and not the RID Beast Trans Metal Machine Armada du jour characters.

And a live action G.I. Joe movie too. Snake-Eyes on the big screen would be sooooooo SWEET I would crap my pants! :D Snake Eyes is a mammal with real ultimate power!!!

scruffziller
07-08-2002, 05:38 PM
I want to see a Battletech movie made.Upcomingmovies.com (http://www.upcomingmovies.com) To check out on a whole bunch of movies coming out. LOTS OF COMIC BOOK CHARACTER MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Exhaust Port
07-08-2002, 08:14 PM
Robotech live action!

Eternal Padawan
07-09-2002, 08:59 AM
Did either of you fellows see Robot Jox?

The reason you'll never see Battletech and/or Robotech live action.

Also, how cool is it that I ask for a live action TF movie and then a week later somebody buys the rights to make it? Studio execs must hang out in the SSG forums! I can write the screenplay for you!

Exhaust Port
07-09-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

Seen it? Man I OWN it!!! That movie falls into the category of "It's so bad it's good." It has the same production value as the Power Rangers tv show when it comes to large robots.

Now has anyone seen the rest of the Robot Jox trilogy? "Robot Wars" takes place in "recreation" of a 1990's town. Boy, what a cheesy plot twist to save tons of money. "Crash and Burn" has almost nothing to do with the first 2 movies and revolves around some virus plot.

"Crash and Burn Achilles!"

"Crash and Burn Alexander!"

DarthBrandon
07-09-2002, 11:31 AM
I would like to see Justice League, Episode III, Indiana Jones 4, Iron Man as someone suggested, The Avengers, or just plain Captain America, all new and more modern. JL and TA, I want more cause of the success of X-men. I know they will work if made properly and also have a good script

scruffziller
07-11-2002, 07:37 PM

The reason you'll never see Battletech and/or Robotech live action.

Also, how cool is it that I ask for a live action TF movie and then a week later somebody buys the rights to make it? Studio execs must hang out in the SSG forums! I can write the screenplay for you!
I have seen it at the video store but have never bothered to pick it up. Probably for the fears you tell me of. But with new technology and these production companies I could see it happen.

Jonna
07-11-2002, 07:39 PM
I heard that they were going to make movies of the other Dune books a year or two ago, but nothing since then.

Beast
07-11-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
I heard that they were going to make movies of the other Dune books a year or two ago, but nothing since then.
They still are making them. There is a small featurette on the Frank Herbert's Dune (Mini-series) Special Edition DVD that came out a month or so ago. It has some production design sketches from the next Mini-series, "Children of Dune". It will be based on 2 of the Dune books, "Dune Messiah" and "Children of Dune". It's supposed to premire on the Sci-fi channel, sometime next year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Nitwit
07-11-2002, 08:16 PM
That is funny that you should post that Jonna. I was just watching it from a VHS tape.

Jedi Juice
07-11-2002, 11:45 PM
I would love to see a "Legend of Zelda" movie! Anyone who's ever played any of the games know how awesome the series is. The music is great, and the journies are always awesome. Speaking of Zelda, anyone hear anything about the new game for the 'Cube?

FKA Broke Collector
07-13-2002, 08:38 PM
I always thought it would be cool to make movies out of Peirs Anthony's Xanth series. If done properly they could turn into a good franchise. It would have to be taken with a somewhat comedic approach because Anthony had all of those silly puns which made it so fun to read. It would be for pure entertainment. Nothing serious.

Eternal Padawan
07-14-2002, 08:38 AM
Jedi Juice, the new Zelda comes out in time for X-mas. i'm waiting to buy a 'Cube until then. Maybe the price'll drop again too. :)

FKA. Excellent Idea. I actually toyed with adapting Spell For Chameleon when I first got my screenwriting software, but my PC crashed and I lost about 20 pages (I hadn't saved!). I've still got about sixty pages done, but I haven't gone back to read them over since.

JON9000
07-15-2002, 01:15 AM
I'd love to see a movie based on "The Stars my Destination" by Alfred Bester, AKA "Tiger! Tiger" in the UK. The plot is pretty much the "Count of Monte Christo" but it is set in the future. It's one of the pillars of SF literature and it would make an excellent film!

Darth Nihilus
07-17-2002, 11:55 AM
FKA. Excellent Idea. I actually toyed with adapting Spell For Chameleon when I first got my screenwriting software, but my PC crashed and I lost about 20 pages (I hadn't saved!). I've still got about sixty pages done, but I haven't gone back to read them over since.

There's screenplay writing software?:confused:

Someone also mentioned The Wheel of Time. In an interview I read last night Jordan mentioned that NBC had secure the TV rights for it, but that didn't mean it was necessarily going to get made.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-17-2002, 12:03 PM
I'd like to see, although it is not a comic book, the Thrawn threequel made into movies. Those books would be way better episodes 7,8 and 9 than anything George and his cronies could come up with!

:crazed: :D

Eternal Padawan
06-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Somebody should get off their keister and make the Ender books into movies.

Rogue II
06-12-2003, 07:26 AM
I thought I saw something, about 4 years ago, that Ender's Game was going to be made. Come to think of it, that could have been one of the previews when I saw TPM. I don't see many movies in the theater. I tried a doing a search for Enders game a while back, but I didn't find much.

Eternal Padawan
06-12-2003, 09:41 AM
Last I heard, Wolfgang Petersen was attached to direct Jake Lloyd and Gene Hackman in an adaptation, but that was right after TPM. Then I was only reading Wolfgang's name and no stars. Then Wolfgang put it on the backburner to focus on the Superman/Batman movie. Then that got shafted and now NOBODY is doing anything about it. I think they should make Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow simultaneously, but with different directors. But have the stars of each film as supporting players in the other film. Ender would show up for few minutes in Bean's movie and Bean would show up for a few minutes in Ender's movie, but you would have two different directors with different "artistic visions" Then of course, the sequels would go off in their different directions entirely, since Ender's "Speaker for the Dead" story on Lusitania is totally removed from the Battle School kids fighting on Earth in the new books.

And if none of you have any idea what I'm talking about... OHMIGOD. Read the following books immediately. I'm serious. Go out right now and buy the lot of them. NOW.

Ender's Game
Speaker For The Dead
Xenocide
Children Of The Mind
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets
(and coming soon) Shadow of the Giant

WHY ARE YOU STILL SITTING IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTERS!?!?! GO NOW!! GO GO GO GO GO GO GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Rogue II
06-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Ya know, I only remember reading Ender's Game and Speaker of the Dead. I may have read Xenocide, but I'm not sure.

There are really that many books in the series now? Are they all by the same author? My father was even into these books.

Eternal Padawan
06-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Ender's Game is the beginning. The next three take place hundreds of years ( thousands even) after the first book. Ender's Shadow is happening at the same time as the events of Ender's Game, just from a different character's POV. Then the next three take place right after the events of Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow.