PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Evolution: Is Vader's Hand removable?

nomad
06-30-2005, 01:45 AM
I'm trying to find out if the Darth Vader figure from the Anakin Evolution set has a removable hand...

I thought for sure that it did, but now I realize that I actually have seen no pics to make me believe that it does.

Anyone know?

Thanks

May the force be with you.

Kidhuman
06-30-2005, 02:28 AM
I couldnt tell from the pics either, but if you mean Vader in the suit, I doubt it.

nomad
06-30-2005, 03:31 PM
I just had someone else, that has the Evolution set, confirm that Vader's hand does not detach.

I'm really surprised...
This was that close to being the perfect Vader figure.

I was going to get this set (basically) just for that figure, but I'm not so sure now...
Setting up Vader with such articulation and no helmet just doesn't cut it if his right hand is still there... Perhaps I'll pull it off of the figure, but I've never been one to alter or damage my figures.

It seems that companies can never put everything in one package... they're too afraid of having nothing left for the customer to want.

:(

DarkArtist
06-30-2005, 03:58 PM
I thought they used the VOTC Vader and that the hand is one like the dooku where it can be removed. :confused:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2005, 04:19 PM
I thought they used the VOTC Vader and that the hand is one like the dooku where it can be removed. :confused:
No, the Evolutions set Vader is a completely new sculpt. The 500th Vader, however, is mostly based on the VOTC version but with a few tweaks here and there, I believe.

ROTJLuke
06-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Im looking foward to this set. The AOTC Ani is looking great, the ROTS Ani looks f**king amazing, and the Vader is looking great too...Im looking foward to this set mostly due to Ani ROTS that comes with it...its such a sweet looking figure...

darko666
06-30-2005, 11:15 PM
This was that close to being the perfect Vader figure.

actually, the perfect Vader figure is from the POTF2 Freeze Frame collection w/ the removable helmet and hand. this is still my fav. Vader figure.

nomad
07-01-2005, 02:18 AM
actually, the perfect Vader figure is from the POTF2 Freeze Frame collection w/ the removable helmet and hand. this is still my fav. Vader figure.

Hehe, that is actually the figure that got me back into collecting figures...

My friend showed me that figure and I screamed, "I have to have that!!".

Then I went through all the figures that had come out (At the time, I was only aware of those first He-Man-like figures of the first wave).

I spent hours online looking at pics of every figure and started making my list of which ones I wanted to get.

I still love that Vader figure, but I've recently dubbed my VOT Vader as my favorite.
I like the Com-Chip Vader w/interrigator droid as well (nice ANH likeness).

The POTF2 removable helmet Vader is a classic, but it lacks in authentic likeness... and now with the VOT articulation... I just thought this Evolution Vader would be the sum of all of these best elements.

I was really hoping to be able to pose a handless Vader with his helmet off, with a greatly articulated figure.

I just don't understand how they could leave that out of the plan for this figure... bastages!

Ah well... I just may have to pop his hand off.

ROTJLuke
07-01-2005, 03:58 AM
I think Im more excited for the Ep. III Ani than the other two figures in the pack

ROTJLuke
07-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Ill def let you guys know in a couple of weeks, I just won one off eBay...

trowa_barton
07-01-2005, 07:30 PM
The Vader is supposed to be Ep.IV Vader, hence no removeable hand. :(

nomad
07-03-2005, 03:51 PM
The Vader is supposed to be Ep.IV Vader, hence no removeable hand. :(

Well, if it's supposed to be an Episode IV Vader then they completely messed up, heh.

The chest box is the ESB/ROTJ version, not the ANH version...
The upper chest armor is the ESB/ROTJ version, not the ANH version...
AND the under tunic is worn underneath the upper chest armor (shoulder armor) like it is in ESB/ROTJ instead of over the armor as in ANH.

I'm not saying that you're wrong... but if that's their excuse, then they're completely out of their Star Wars Minds.

Why don't people in charge of things like this KNOW things like this?

Hehe, anyways... how cool would it have been if the hand and wrist section was removable and they included a stump with wires coming out of the end to put in it's place?

The dream of the PERFECT Vader still remains a dream...

nomad
07-03-2005, 04:06 PM
I guess it may actually be an Episode III Vader.

Lucas didn't match up the costume to Episode IV... instead it's matched to ESB/ROTJ.

I figure Vader was having his stuff polished and was using a different chest box during Episode IV.

ROTJLuke
07-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Well, like I stated before, I purchased one off ebay, it should arrive in the next week or so, and Id like to give a full review of it as best I can. :)

nomad
07-04-2005, 08:25 PM
I look forward to reading it. :)

And I like your ROTJ Luke Sig!

That's the figure I most want... a high quality (end of ROTJ) Luke.

ROTJLuke
07-05-2005, 03:34 AM
I look forward to reading it. :)

And I like your ROTJ Luke Sig!

That's the figure I most want... a high quality (end of ROTJ) Luke.

I look foward to giving the review. And thanks, its (if all you great people cant already tell) the figure I want most too. :) But to get back on topic, Ill more than likely open up this set and give a figure review on each figure.

B_C
07-06-2005, 04:58 AM
I just got th evolutions set. It is the best ever vader. Ball jointed feet, elbows(not swivel joints), knees, shoulders, and swivel joints at legs, waist and head. The helmet is removable and is the most acurate helmet at this scale to date. It is the classic reveal from ROTJ face, sans eyebrows. The soft goods cape and underskirt are about 50 times better than the VOTC figure. This is 'THE VADER'. No his hand isn't removable but you can detach the gauntlet and replace it fairly easily. 10/10

Anakins....you will never need to get any of the ROTS Anakins barring the burned battle damaged one. These are as poseable as the vader and come with spare interchangable robotic arms and gauntlets for every occasion. You also get a good length of chain with cuffs so you can have a more accurate Geonosis escape diorama.
The soft goods again work very well and Hasbro seems to have mastered the Jedi robes hood at last. The head sculpt on the episode 3 Anakin is the best so far.
8/10

All in all, this set rocks and is what I have been waiting for since 1995 when we first started getting the POTF range. I would love to see Obi Wan and Luke Skywalker get the same treatment and can't wait to get the Sith and Clone to stormtrooper sets. I think I would pee myself if the clones and stormtrooper had removable helmets.

I'm off to admire my new figures. I got the from www.r2dtoys.com (http://www.r2dtoys.com) in the UK.
Get them now...you won't regret it and it will be the best buy you have made yet.
Adam

:D

Darth Alex
07-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Great review...sounds like I'll be treasuring this one.

Quick note-Amazonion has this as released 7/15 after the last move.
Does this really street here in the US late next week or around the 20th?
If anyone knows, please reply.
Thanks

Luuuuuuke
07-10-2005, 01:53 AM
I found this set at Kmart today. I'm not crazy about the AOTC Anakin. The Episode III anakin is definitely good, but they can never seem to make a hood that looks really good on him, or old Obi Wan for that matter. They end up looking like oversized Jawas in a way.
As for Vader, he's a good figure, no question about it. I never opened my VOTC one, so I can't say whether he's better than that one.

DarthZylek
07-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I wish that the ROTS Anakin came with a black cloak instead of brown. Didn't he wear the black one much more in the movie? Maybe I'll just have to use the soft black cloak that Maul came with on the sith speeder thing.

ROTJLuke
07-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Well, B.C. just gave a fairly good review, so prehaps I wont need to give one, however I havent goten mine yet, but I cant wait to get it now that im hearing all this great stuff about it!

Luuuuuuke
07-10-2005, 04:24 PM
I wish that the ROTS Anakin came with a black cloak instead of brown. Didn't he wear the black one much more in the movie? Maybe I'll just have to use the soft black cloak that Maul came with on the sith speeder thing.

I couldn't agree with you more. His cloak is much too light. And I would have preferred if it was made of a slightly coarser material. I suppose I can use speeder Maul's cloak, but then Maul would be missing his cloak. But also, maul's cloak is too dark i think. i don' think anakins' cloak was black, just very dark brown.

nomad
07-11-2005, 03:27 AM
Right, Anakin's cloak is dark brown, not black.

It is rather dark brown though.

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Indeed it is a dark brown, but no matter, I cant wait to get this! Its commin in the mail, since I had to get it off eBay, so just countin down the days...

waboritas
07-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Picked this up at K-Mart yesterday. Great set. Couple of comments, Vader's whole glove comes off, which is close enough. My Anakin Ep. III does not have the scar on his face. Not sure if they didn't paint it on or if yours are like this too. Didn't notice this until I got it home.

Sith Lord 0498
07-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Picked this up at K-Mart yesterday. Great set. Couple of comments, Vader's whole glove comes off, which is close enough. My Anakin Ep. III does not have the scar on his face. Not sure if they didn't paint it on or if yours are like this too. Didn't notice this until I got it home.

The sets that I've seen don't have the scar either. Easy fix though. Get a red ultra fine point Sharpie and draw it yourself. Looks good that way.

Devo
07-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Don't have this yet and completely missed it on r2dtoys.com (B_C) otherwise I might have revised my shopping cart. I think it'd be worth getting 2 of these though because 2 out of the 3 figures looks to be classics suitable for multiple scenes - these being the ROTS anakin and the Vader. The AOTC Anakin lets the side down though. His face looks wierd, I hate the ball jointed neck, I think his tunic is too long and I would have preferred it to have the same plastic/softgoods combo as the action-feature blighted Tatooine figure.

The other ones I don't have any complaints (from what I can see) - the Vader looks like it can be what the Saga DS duel figure wasn't - a decent, able-to-lie-flat, removeable helmet Vader. And a good likeness to Sebastian Shaw.

ROTJLuke
07-20-2005, 12:43 AM
If you check out www.rebelscum.com (http://www.rebelscum.com), they have this in their photo archives, and vaders hand is removable...yet its not at the wrist, rather the entire glove, seeing as its swivel, so you can pop it in and out, but it does get the job done. Heres the pic:

http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS/swevol_AS-DVvaderdead.jpg (javascript:onclick=history.go(-1);)

Darth Alex
07-20-2005, 02:37 AM
It's removable because it plug on to the 'stem' on the forearm.
But it's not made to be removeable to be FILM ACCURATE.
It's like the ROTS Tyrannus...you'd have to have an extra one to chop off the one 'stem' for an accurate de-both-armed figure.(SPOILER REVEALEDhardyharhar)
You'd have to customize it to get it to be EXACTLY like the ROTJ dying Vader.

I wonder if a dying Vader with the ONE SINGLE THING I WANT...a 3 3/4" inch Vader with the TWO PIECE removeable helmet would be made...Vader would have to be battle damaged and "smokey" as a result of his frying under the Emperor...

ROTJLuke
07-20-2005, 12:56 PM
that would be an awesome figure, alex, and you never know..theres always a chance for this figure