PDA

View Full Version : New Hoth set from TRU

BoShek
06-30-2005, 11:52 AM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00080VMHM/ref=pd_sim_toys_3/103-1901541-7224600?v=glance&s=toys&n=977398

I wonder who will be in it?

Kidhuman
06-30-2005, 12:59 PM
My guess is Veers, Snowtrooper, Vader, AT_AT Driver and some kind of display/vehicle. Possibly the tripod gun.

CaptainSolo1138
06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I'd love to see a new Veers (or even just call it a generic "AT-AT Commander"). The one that came with the old AT-AT was sweet, but his shoulders were sorta narrow.

Slicker
06-30-2005, 01:54 PM
My guess is Veers, Snowtrooper, Vader, AT_AT Driver and some kind of display/vehicle. Possibly the tripod gun.I'm hopin' you're correct KH. That's be a sweet 5 pack.

El Chuxter
06-30-2005, 03:13 PM
"Only available online"? Does this mean they learned their lesson from previous craptastic multipacks warming shelves at local TRU's for over a year?

DarkArtist
06-30-2005, 03:55 PM
It will be awesome if we get new sculpts of the figures and a better pack in instead of the stale tripod laser cannon. I would imagine the figures would be the OTC Hoth Vader, hopefully the saga Snowtrooper, and the Potf Veers. perhaps we'll get lucky and get a Probe Droid.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2005, 04:54 PM
"Only available online"? Does this mean they learned their lesson from previous craptastic multipacks warming shelves at local TRU's for over a year?
It says that on a lot of things that are clearly available in stores, including Ask Yoda. But maybe this really is an internet exclusive, who knows?

I assume this is another Battlepack. If done correctly, it could be cool. Hopefully they don't include another one of those damn tripod guns, as they've already released that like eighteen times.

Just slap five snowtroopers in a box and I'll be as happy as a clam.

Kidhuman
06-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Five snowtroopers would be sweet too.

Droid
06-30-2005, 06:54 PM
I have enough Snowtroopers, Vaders, AT-AT drivers, and probe droids. If it really is all imperials they could only get me to buy it if it had VEERS!

I would like it if it would have Hoth Rebel Soldier and Hoth Commander like the Vintage Kenner figures. Maybe K-3P0 without the battle damage. A Derlin figure or a Toryn Farr would be good. I'd prefer it wasn't just Imperials.

Devo
06-30-2005, 08:34 PM
I think we can assume there won't be any new sculpts or previously unmade characters - they seem to be the preserve of the basic carded figure range. Maybe they'll be 'new' figures of already produced characters assembled from various other existing figures...and the tri-pod gun of course (its just one of those things that you really can have too much of isn't it?)

By making it a Hoth themed Imperial set its definitely going to be limited to figures we've already seen in some form (Ozzel might be in it for one and those others already mentioned). In the ideal world this would have been a Hoth echo base set with 'actually' new figures. The rebel forces on Hoth desperately need to be filled out with Major Derlin, about two different deck officer types, Torryn Faar, the R5 unit with the black head, power droids, a proper hoth rebel soldier not that joke from the saga line and I'm sure many others.

BoShek
06-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Wow I didn't think about Veers! That's one figure I don't have. If he is in it, I may get a set.

ROTJLuke
06-30-2005, 10:37 PM
I would love to see a new general Veers, and maybe a super posable Snowtrooper ala CT #41 of the ROTS line :)

CaptainSolo1138
06-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Just slap five snowtroopers in a box and I'll be as happy as a clam.
A RotS card-friendly clam I hope! :D

TheDarthVader
06-30-2005, 11:47 PM
The set I want:

Probedroid (retooled, larger)
General Veers (new sculpt with more articulation)
Snowtrooper (need some more, wish they'd put 2 in here)
Major Derlin or another Hoth rebel commander

as for the others, I couldn't care less

B.
TDV

mastermatt24
07-01-2005, 12:24 AM
I dont want another vader... ( no offense TDV ;) ) anything but another one. Veers and some SA snows would be great.

Fluke Skywalker
07-01-2005, 12:57 AM
As long as none of the figures are POTF 2 era, that would be a start!

megaprime33
07-01-2005, 07:13 AM
You know I would be really surprised if Veers was NOT in this 5 pack. If he is, and the set sells well, they might release Veers on card for OTC.

DarkArtist
07-01-2005, 09:09 AM
A veers figure would be easy to make all they have to do is use a imperial officer's body (Tarkin, piett or even Ozzel) and slap on a new head. If they use Ozzels body they would have to change the hand as well. the armor can be similar to the snap on armor of the clone trooper and an extra head accessory and there you have it.
As far as rehash, the original Imperial set had two new figures included sort of. The black R5 unit and the AT-ST driver. I liked the AT-ST driver so maybe we will be able to get a new figure.

And as lame as it sounds, perhaps a hoth speeder like in the lego set

jjreason
07-01-2005, 12:34 PM
What did we get with the old Imperial set? A "newish" looking ATST driver, a Stormtrooper, a Vader and a black R4 unit, correct? Packed in was a snowtrooper tripod blaster cannon IIRC. This might have been the best 4 pack TRU came up with (or it may have been the Naboo one, any with army builders are certainly preferable).

My guesses: nothing new. It will look something like this.......

Darth Vader - Hoth (repack from OTC, which was a redeccoed POTJ Vader)
Snowtrooper - POTF2 version (which is better than that crap Saga one)
AT-AT Commander/Veers - either the same as the POTF2 AT-AT pack in or the one from the Imperial 4 pack mentioned above
Some droid - again possibly the black R4 unit, maybe a new one
Probe Droid - again from POTF2, as the large accessory.
And the obligatory 4 clear stands.

I think I'll safely be able to pass on this set (if it's like I described here) much the same as I passed on the Endor one.

Battle Droid
07-10-2005, 08:16 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=93675

Imperial Forces Hoth Battle - General Veers, Probot, and 3 Snowtroopers.

TheDarthVader
07-10-2005, 09:17 PM
I dont want another vader... ( no offense TDV ;) ) anything but another one. Veers and some SA snows would be great.

Heavens no! I don't want another Hoth Vader either! ;)

B.
TDV

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 03:09 AM
Its rumored to be Veers :) Check out www.rebelscum.com for more news!! Also, check it out about WEDGE on his own card!!!

Slicker
07-11-2005, 03:22 AM
Damn I want to see Veers if he is indeed released. I really hope it's not just a rehash of the AT-AT version because that one completely sucked ***.

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Imperial Force Hoth Battle Set 5-Pack
This set is due to include the following:
General Veers, Probot & 3 x Snowtroopers. But which versions?

-General Maximillian Veers - This figure is a reissue of the POTF2 AT-AT Commander included with the AT-AT vehicle. The paint scheme is different from the POTF2 version, but it is still the same figure. The packaging of this set clearly identifies this figure as being General Veers while the POTF2 AT-AT did not make that distinction.

-Probot - This figure is another reissue. This figure saw it's original release in the POTF2 Deluxe figure line and has been repackaged for this Battle Pack.

-Snowtrooper - The Imperial Force Hoth Battle Set 5-Pack includes TWO Snowtroopers drawn from previous Basic Figure lines. Conventional wisdom would lead one to believe that this figure might be a reissue of the recent SAGA Snowtrooper. But in fact this figure is a reissue of the POTF2 Snowtrooper.

-Snowtrooper with E-WEB - Again, this figure is another POTF2 reissue. This Snowtrooper is drawn from the POTF2 Deluxe Figure line and includes the E-WEB blaster cannon accessory.

Thanks to rebelscum.com for the info, and check out the ROTS Thread to find out what figures are included in the Jedi Temple Attack pack!

abell748
07-11-2005, 01:52 PM
After reading about this pack, is Hasbro trying to bring about a speedy demise to the line? The "let's repack all the ugly, horrible figures from the past and see if the idiots will go for it!!!!" mentallity is realy old. I guess we should feel lucky that it was a movie year and we got alot of new stuff. This makes me really scared about next year.

kool-aid killer
07-11-2005, 02:02 PM
I may be in the minority here, but so far im liking this set. It has a couple of snowtroopers, veers can always be used to boost the ranks of the Imperials, and i dont mind another probe droid. It would be nice to get all new figures for this, but in all reality it wont happen. I will be buying one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2005, 02:52 PM
I don't have the probe droid, nor do I have the AT-AT, so this set is cool to me. Hopefully the new paintjob will be good on Veers.

God, I don't need another freakin' tripod cannon! Arrrghhhh!!!

Devo
07-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Heavens no! I don't want another Hoth Vader either! ;)

B.
TDV

Looks like we're getting him again in the Diamond exclusive bounty hunter set, so don't fret, we've not seen the last of this much requested, favourite of Vader sculpts!!! :rolleyes: I really don't get why Hasbro keeps putting out that particular Vader - it was only good when it had the emperors lightning effects and translucency. Without these it becomes apparent that the helmet is inaccurate. And besides with the pose it doesn't suit the bounty hunter line-up scene. I don't understand what kind of minds Hasbro have working for them.

Fluke Skywalker
07-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Ugh. That Veers re-paint is going to have to be pretty darn good.

ROTJLuke
07-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Ugh. That Veers re-paint is going to have to be pretty darn good.

see for yourself:

http://www.thejawa.com/joseph/Misc/hothfront.jpg

http://www.thejawa.com/joseph/Misc/hothback.jpg

Slicker
07-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Not bad. I really love the look of the packaging. It's new and different. As for the figs...meh!!! With the exception of the Veers.

CaptainSolo1138
07-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Why did they give us the chubby Scrubbing Bubbles...er...Snowtroopers? They could have thrown at least one of the Saga ones in there for variety. Whatever. It's really cool, but not high on my priority list.

Kidhuman
07-13-2005, 12:30 AM
I might grab this since I need some snowtroopers. The OTC ones didnt hit here hard and I missed them, so I need the small army of em.

Fluke Skywalker
07-13-2005, 12:46 AM
Veers was going to make or break this one for me.... he broke it. He's just to obviously Old School looking for me.

BTW, anyone look at the back of the box yet? Look at the Veers figure... it looks more like the Vintage AT-AT commander from the Kenner line in this pic! I swear it's the same figure :crazed:

Back of box (http://www.thejawa.com/joseph/Misc/hothback.jpg)

Kidhuman
07-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Holy crap he does. I never opened the POTF2 AT-AT, so I dont know what he looks like.

Fluke Skywalker
07-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Here's a pic of the vintage one. Now compare it to the box... boy it looks the same! (Or at least more than the Veers that actually comes with it ;) )

Vintage AT At Commander (http://www.virtualtoychest.com/vintagestarwars/vswatatcommander.jpg)

Blue2th
07-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Veers was going to make or break this one for me.... he broke it. He's just to obviously Old School looking for me.

BTW, anyone look at the back of the box yet? Look at the Veers figure... it looks more like the Vintage AT-AT commander from the Kenner line in this pic! I swear it's the same figure :crazed:

Back of box (http://www.thejawa.com/joseph/Misc/hothback.jpg)
It is the same figure. The cheesy AT-AT commander. This absolutely makes me mad! How dare they say it's Veers! For gosh sakes they just came out with the 500th figure Vader. You would think they could make a decent Veers who is with Vader in that scene. With a speaking role. He's more than a background extra. I mean how hard would it be? Hasbro made Admiral Ozzle, Grand Moff Ep.III, even Han Solo in At-St gear. A decent General Veers is long overdue. I only hope that with the reintroduction of the OTC line they will consider General Veers maybe with a holo Vader and removable helmet. I for one will not be buying this Deluxe pack. Got plenty of Snowtroopers. What a waste! :frus:

ROTJLuke
07-13-2005, 02:45 AM
The Veers isnt what I expected either, nor were the snow troopers, I was expecting Saga troopers, not POTF2 ones, Ill more than likely pass on this set

DarkArtist
07-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I do like the packaging though, I'm sort of hoping that it's a big molded plastic multilayered display piece inside and some cheap cardboard insert. Also isn't the Snowtrooper with the e-web cannon a Saga version. Looks like one to me. :)

jedi master sal
07-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Well, you could use the snowtroopers for custom fodder of the Mygeeto clones in ROTS. Still at full retail price ($25), I don't see this set doing all that well. I'll get ONE. But that's it.

BoShek
07-13-2005, 11:01 AM
$25 is $5 too much IMO. I may get one but I might not, I am not sure yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2005, 01:01 PM
The packaging on these new sets is some of the best I've ever seen. I'll get this since it's always good to have more snowtroopers.

Why are you all yelling that there's no Saga troopers? The two next to Veers are POTF2 but the cannon one is the Saga/OTC version. That's extremely bizarre how the back of the box shows the vintage AT-AT commander, though the one included is the one from 1997.

TheDarthVader
07-13-2005, 02:01 PM
I will get the set because I need all of the snowtroopers that I can get. Plus I do not own a probebot. I have a loose POTF2 AT-AT with snowtroopers, but I want more!

Devo, yes it is stupid to include Vader in a BOUNTY HUNTER pack. When was Vader ever a bounty hunter? A dumb move by Hasbro in my opinion.

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Actually, when you saw all the bounty hunters togeteher, they were working for Vader, not a bad move IMO

Slicker
07-14-2005, 02:56 AM
Actually, when you saw all the bounty hunters togeteher, they were working for Vader, not a bad move IMOI thought the same KH. I would've been surprised if they hadn't included a Vader. I never even thought twice when I saw him in the pack.

Devo
07-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Well I wasn't complaining about there being a Vader in the set - mainly I'm annoyed and confounded at their choice of the Emperors Wrath sculpt. The bounty hunter scene requires a neutral pose Vader which this one is not. I would have included the commtech Vader or the Masters of the Darkside Vader if anything.

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 03:28 AM
I more than likely will pass on this set...I dont need any more snowtroopers and the Veers isnt worth it either....and I didnt think twice either about seeing Vader in the Bounty Hunter 7 pack...

Rogue II
07-15-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm looking forward to this set. I already have 2 AT-AT commanders. One from the AT-AT, the other I picked up at a flea market for $2. Like the Scan Trooper, it looks more like something from the Vintage line than most of the other modern figures. You can never have too many snowtroopers.

Ji'dai
09-02-2005, 04:49 PM
I saw this set at TRU today for $25. I passed on it since I have everything in it, but what was really interesting was the photo on the back of the box. It had pics of the POTF2 & SAGA Snowtroopers and the Probe Droid, but the pic of 'Veers' was of the vintage Kenner AT-AT Commander, not the POTF2 version that was included with the AT-AT.

I wonder if someone at Hasbro didn't have a 'Veers' figure to use for the photo or if they just did it as a joke for collectors to spot.