PDA

View Full Version : Zutton

jawa9
01-13-2002, 11:33 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think they could have done a better job on the Zutton head sculpt? I think the bald spot is a nice touch, but details on the face could have been MUCH better. The picture on the card has his largest tooth on his right but the sculpt and the vintage sculpt both have it on his left. I assume the picture was printed backwards by accident. And they could have at least painted the inside of his nostrils black.

I do like the accessories though:D

The holster at the ankle is also a nice touch.

Vader's Saber
01-13-2002, 11:46 PM
Well.....I think that the accessories ARE nice, but I also think that the head sculpt is......well, goofy. I think that painting the nostrils black would hurt not help, it would make them too, noticeable.

Jayspawn
01-14-2002, 01:23 AM
I would be able to comment on this if ANY of my stores carried something other than Ketwol.

AmanaMatt
01-14-2002, 03:38 PM
would be a fantastic fig if not for the lack of any real detail on the head; nothing a amateur customizer can't fix, though

SithDroid
01-14-2002, 05:13 PM
Alas, no Zutton wave here yet.:cry:

LTBasker
01-14-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I would be able to comment on this if ANY of my stores carried something other than Ketwol.

I would be able to comment on this if ANY of my stores carried something other than Aurra Sing. :D

GNT
01-14-2002, 10:51 PM
I have still yet to see him but because of all these Jedi Braids and Jabba 2packs I will never see him :(

JEDIpartner
01-15-2002, 10:01 AM
I don't have him and haven't seen him in the stores. The pics I have seen of him make him look like Norman Fell playing Stanley Roper in "Three's Company"!:crazed:

jedi master sal
01-15-2002, 01:15 PM
I just got him over the weekend and I like the figure except for the size of the head. I have come to terms with it though as it has been explained to me that dwarves have the same feature here on earth. How many times do you see a dwarf or midget with a proportional head? I can't think of any so this scuplt fits. (the above comments were NOT meant to degrade in any manner, just a passive observation.)

Jargo
01-15-2002, 08:32 PM
I snaffled him a week or so ago and I love him but for his medicine ball head. The body is what an action figure should be. An action figure, period.
The accompanying piece of my order was Eeth koth who is the antithesis of action figure in that he is a statue. A lovely piece of art but not an action figure in any way shape or form.
However, Zutton fulfills all action needs superbly as far as play and display go. he comes with cool accessories has a holster for his ultimately losable gun. And he has a big head which is obviously requisite for action figures.....

That last part isn't true.

Zutton makes a mockery of the previous Snivvian figure - Takeel. Who looks like a pin head in comparison. As both are characters from the cantina it is going to prove impossible to display them in the same scene without first forcing oneself to regard Zutton as a sub-species Snivvian or a distant cousin from the country......

As I said, the detail on Zutton is all I need. I don't especially need my action figures to be photo real. I certainly don't need them to be scene specific. I don't want that either. I just want fairly good sculpts of neutally posed action figures to people my dioramas and display shelves and to play with while I'm sitting at my desk. I have an imagination and I like to use it as much as I did when I was a kid. There's no need to have that stolen from me by one pose figures which is again why I love Zutton despite his melon head and the apparent lack of any paint deco on his head other than a rough smear of tomato ketchup.

MisterPL
01-15-2002, 08:51 PM
Zutton's a definitive Cantina character. The figure's sculpt does not disappoint, but the paint app does. The head is noticeably lacking at least one paint app to help bring out the fantastic sculpt. It definitely deserves at least a wash.

Articulated knees are a plus for any Cantina alien, but I'd trade Zutton's bazooka for a barstool any day. Perhaps the Cantina 2-packs will remedy that. Ankle holsters are cool, but I'm ready for a break from them. Gunslingers, please.

Obi-Don
01-21-2002, 03:56 AM
I saw him at Wal-Mart last week but passed. I will regret it I'm sure,but it just didn't make my want list.

DeathStarPlans
01-21-2002, 06:36 AM
I think his head is too big.