PDA

View Full Version : Spaceballs

Blackened88
07-01-2005, 07:27 PM
I was watching Spaceballs today and I was wondering who here besides Dark Helmet likes Spaceballs? I think that Spaceballs and Robin Hood Men In Tights are classics.

Rocketboy
07-01-2005, 08:03 PM
I think it's pretty much standard that if you love Star Wars, you at least like Spaceballs.
I love it. Seen it tons of times. It never gets old.

darko666
07-01-2005, 08:03 PM
both of those movies you mentioned are classics. Spaceballs is a great comedy and spoof on SW and other related sci-fi movies. when i heard Mel was going to do another Spaceballs, i was excited, it would have been great to see what material he would use from the PT. but it got cancelled and supposedly he is doing a cartoon.

General_Grievous
07-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Spaceballs? A Mel Brooks classic.

"So, Lone Star, now you know that evil will always win, because good is dumb!"

Robin Hood, on the other hand, wasn't as great. But it did introduce Dave Chappelle.

But Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Silent Movie, and History of the World Part I are all Mel Brooks classics.

Blackened88
07-01-2005, 10:47 PM
"Whats the matter Colonel Sandurz, Chicken"

Bobby Fett
07-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Check please!

JimJamBonds
07-02-2005, 12:46 AM
I LOVE Spaceballs! You can't really go wrong with a Mel Brooks movie.

"Who is he?"
"He's an Ashole Sir."
"I KNOW THAT! What's his name?"
"That is his name Sir Ashole, Major Ashole"
"And his cousin?"
""He's an Ashole too Sir, Gunners Mate First Class Phillip Ashole."
"How many Asholes do we have on this ship anyway?"
"YO!"
"I can't belive it I'm surounded by Asholes! Keep firing Asholes!"

2-1B
07-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Spaceballs is like a worn out old shoe. Tired and dated. I LOVED it as a kid but it's not holding up for me over time. I watched it a month or two ago for the first time in ages and while it still had some good moments, it's not as good a movie as I thought in my younger days. I guess it doesn't help that Rick Moranis isn't funny anymore.

JediTricks
07-02-2005, 04:13 AM
I saw it when it first came out in theaters, even then I knew it was no Blazing Saddles (one of my favorite movies of all times) but it was funny none the less and the SW stuff was good. The humor in it is a bit too watered down at times, not vanilla but somehow just not top-form. It's still a pretty good time, but it doesn't feel "classic" to me.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights was a massive disappointment IMO, really cheap and flat and just felt out of gas. There were some pieces I liked, but mostly it didn't work for me. Seems like since Mel Brooks did "History of the World: Part 1", his movies have gotten flatter and thinner (there's a lot of this in HotW:p1 but I think it squeeks by).

Jayspawn
07-02-2005, 09:37 AM
"Whats the matter with this thing? Whats all this churning and bubbling? You call that a radar screen?"

"No Sir, we call it...Mr. Coffee *beep* care for some?"

I recently bought Spaceballs when the Special Edition came out on DVD. I havnt seen it in years and I STILL love it! Just cracked me up all over again!

Blackened88
07-02-2005, 01:20 PM
I also bought the Special Edition, I love that the menu is the same as the the SW DVDs.

vadersvette
07-13-2005, 02:48 AM
Dear me, what are those things coming out of her nose?

SPACEBALLS?!

Oh ***t, there goes the planet!

JimJamBonds
07-13-2005, 12:02 PM
I also bought the Special Edition, I love that the menu is the same as the the SW DVDs.

What kind of extra's are on that disk? I have the regular dvd and have thought about getting the SE.

Rocketboy
07-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Audio commentary with Mel Brooks
Spaceballs: The Documentary
John Candy: Comic Spirit featurette
In Conversation: Mel Brooks & Thomas Meehan featurette
Storyboards to film featurette
Spacequotes
Behind-the-scenes photographs
Spaceballs: The Costume Gallery
Spaceballs: The Art Gallery
Theatrical trailers

JimJamBonds
07-14-2005, 12:14 AM
Hmm doesn't sound like that great of an upgrade from the regular dvd.

Rocketboy
07-14-2005, 10:16 AM
They're pretty good, but not great. Wouldn't hurt to wait for a price drop, IMO.
Not even any flippin' deleted scenes!