PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody out there read Turtledove?

JimJamBonds
07-02-2005, 05:40 PM
A guy I used to work with a few years ago introduced me to the auther Harry Turtledove. For those that may not be familar with his work Harry is one of the leading "alternate history" authors out there. Its a sort of 'what if?' type approach and I've enjoyed his work ever since. Some of his work is more along a sci fi type which does not do it for me. For example during World War II a group of aliens come to invade Earth. What got me hooked was "How Few Remain" which was a 'second Civil War' (the South won the Civil War and this book takes place 20 years later). The story passes on through 7-8 books mirroring the First World War, Great Depression and now its in the Second World War. Long story short its a great series of books and the newest comes out Aug 9th and I can't wait to get it. The last couple of years when the newest book came out I bought it on the first day and had it read in a week or so. I plan on continuning that trend next month.... btw for anybody that cares the book is called Drive to the East.

Rocketboy
07-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I've seen some of his books but never read them. I've been intrigued but hadn't heard anything good or bad until now.

I just may give one a try soon.

JimJamBonds
07-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Its good stuff RB, if you like history and wonder 'what if' I'm guessing you'd enjoy Turtledove's work.