PDA

View Full Version : Debating over this

Kidhuman
07-03-2005, 01:07 AM
I keep looking at the Stass deluxe. Part of me wants to get it, but part doesnt. I spend at least five minutes in the store debating over this and leave it hoping I will find a 3 pack somewhere. I do have a Target Gift card for 10 bucks from my job, so it really wouldnt put me out of anything much. Is this set worth getting? They did have a few non cross-eyed ones there.

Luuuuuuke
07-03-2005, 01:38 AM
I was tempted to get the Stass deluxe set at first, but only because I collect Jedis and she's one I don't have. But she doesn't look very good. I figure I'm kind of really procrastinating on getting her because I kinda do want to get all the Jedis. (You know, I can't even tell if she has a light saber; it's not that obvious from the package). If she doesn't have a light saber, just the "speeder," I wouldn't even bother. A jedi without a saber is not a jedi.
Re: the clone 3 packs, don't count out KMarts. That's where I found one. Some K-Marts seem to stock early Thursday.

Battle Droid
07-03-2005, 01:39 AM
I don't think I'll get it, I mean she's not even on the right kind of speeder bike, she doesn't ride a BARC in ROTS.

Fluke Skywalker
07-03-2005, 03:29 AM
I've seen the same Stass at the same Walmart for three weeks now and I've thought about it for a few seconds but I always pass. I always ask "Will I still want this a year from now?" and with her the answer was no.

2-1B
07-03-2005, 03:33 AM
Do or do not. There is no debating.

Luuuuuuke
07-03-2005, 03:37 AM
If you're a completist, you'll probably regret not getting her at the end of the day, whether she's crap or not. But if you're not, it's quite simple: Do you like what you see. If you don't, save the ten bucks for something else. That's the decision I reached.

plasticfetish
07-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Me? I'm gonna skip this one.

Maybe if it turns up for $3 on clearance I'll change my mind, but otherwise it's not worth it to me. The figure looks like c*** and the speeder isn't something I really need--I mean maybe for a custom job or something, but other than that it's a no.

All of these pack-in figures have really sucked so far. I've ended up passing on just about everything with one. (Wish I'd skipped the wheel-bike.)

shammykenobi
07-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I picked up stass allie a few weeks ago. She doesn't come with a lightsaber, which kinda sucks considering the picture on the insert card shows her holding one. I had to search through a couple of pegs to find one that wasn't cross-eyed. Also I was trying to determine if she was really different enough from adi gallia to consider her a separate charcter. But the skin tone is quite different and her robes/pants are different enough in color to consider her a different character. I had the same problem with Agen Kolar though. In the jedi council packs the Eeth Koth/Agen Kolar figures are exactly the same. But the ROTS Agen Kolar has way darker skin and his tattoo patterns are different. Speaking of tatto patterns has anyone noticed how different the ROTS Aayla Secura tattoos are from the saga one?? Anyway, I really wish hasbro would give us some new jedi figures and not keep putting out the same ones with different paint apps and different names. I mean with all the jedi that we saw in episode 2 they could keep giving us jedi until the cows come home. Which would be great because basically i only collect jedi and clone troopers.

Reefer Shark
07-03-2005, 12:35 PM
It's actually a pretty good deal for $10 (if you can find one with a good paint job). Just snatch a lightsaber from Greivous, or the old AOTC Dooku's extra saber and she's armed. The BARC may not be correct, but it looks a lot better than the $15 one with the "Evil Knievel" rip cord wheel.

If you can get over the facial sculpt, she's actually a decent figure for a pack-in. At least she's got regular articulation (unlike most other ROTS pack-in figures).

Kidhuman
07-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Well I am not a completeist, especially with the deluxe line. This figure is the most I have ever debated on one. I love speeder bikes so that is what is drawing me to it. I look at the pack in and I get discouraged. I also dont like the fact of no saber when she is pictured with one. If I still have this gift card in a few weeks, I will probably get it, but I think I will hold off. If I see it on a clearance rack, then I will get it.

Luuuuuuke
07-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Which would be great because basically i only collect jedi and clone troopers.

We have the exact same collecting habits: jedi, sith lords and clone troopers for me.

Actually taking one of Grievous' lightsabers and giving it to Stass is a good idea. Maybe I'll get her if she goes on clearance.

shammykenobi
07-04-2005, 01:10 AM
Hey LUUUUUKE...I was gonna quote your last message but i can't figure out how to do it on here...but yeah I'll buy any jedi/ force sensitive type character...and any clone/storm/scout/sand trooper or variation...but that's only for the prequel trilogy stuff...when it comes to the o.g. trilogy I try to buy just about everything that looks good...but I do have some of the other characters from the prequel, mostly the major ones and I've been debating about trading them off for a bit now...but I would give anything if hasbro would make some more jedi!!!!! especially quinlan vos or even some of the ones from the KOTOR game...and I don't even play the game!!! even if they were exclusive pack-ins with the game i would still get them and give the game away or trade it...as popular as star wars is right now with old fans and new alike, there's now way hasbro could go wrong with more jedi and not the tenth different carded darth vader...so I guess until the figure that out, I will just have to wait or start customizing.

JediTricks
07-04-2005, 01:41 AM
This set is such a downer that the review I started never got finished. This set is probably not worth buying for loose collectors, it's very underwhelming. The figure is pretty bleh, doesn't come with a lightsaber, one of her feet looks downright ridiculous on the pedal, and she's just got a weak sculpt overall; the bike is pretty plain in sculpt and paint, doesn't explode like it claims, the controls are too rubbery, the pedals' footpegs are too low to accomodate most figures (I'm thinking about cutting them off as they actively get in the way), and the centerline mast bends because it doesn't fit right. From the photos I've seen of the rip-cord BARC Speeder, it seems to have a much better paint job and way nicer sculpt with sharper lines on all the main surfaces - but I won't buy it because of that rip cord situation.

The only positive thing really is that the figure doesn't have a weird pose when standing.

ROTJLuke
07-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Im glad I never really got into the delux, I got the Operation Table Vader, and that was it

kool-aid killer
07-04-2005, 02:01 PM
I bought Stass with great reluctance, her being a Jedi figure is what made me buy the toy. I dont really like her face, she looks like she was socked in the mouth and has a swollen cheek, along with her eyes looking crossed. But she appears to have a decent pose that would blend in behind other Jedi. Sucks that she has no lightsaber of her own though. Its okay in all i guess, but could be way much better.

Darth Alex
07-05-2005, 12:10 AM
I keep looking at the Stass deluxe. Part of me wants to get it, but part doesnt. I spend at least five minutes in the store debating over this and leave it hoping I will find a 3 pack somewhere. I do have a Target Gift card for 10 bucks from my job, so it really wouldnt put me out of anything much. Is this set worth getting? They did have a few non cross-eyed ones there.

I got this and while it's not a perfect set, it's a pretty good value for the Deluxe price. Stass would be cool to have as a carded figure, but it IS faithful to the film. The bike is OK....this is one of those I'm not nuts about it, but I'm glad I bought it sets. And we've all bought some stinkers of Deluxe sets over the years....:ermm:

Kidhuman
07-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Thanks all for the input. Yes Alex, we all bought stinkers of deluxe over the years, thankfully I passed on many of them, but do have a few.

I have decided not to get this one until it goes on clearance or I dont find anyting for awhile and need a fix for my Jonesin'

Kidhuman
07-06-2005, 02:32 AM
Well, I went into Target today and I was going to get the Stass(I changed my mind again) if they had nothing new. I just wanted the damn gift card out of my wallet. Luckily they had 2 SA clones, so I got those instead. No more wondering about this one until they hit clearance.

The Whills
07-06-2005, 03:17 AM
Well, I think the pack in is good enough to have one of, but as a troop builder I like the possibility of using these to have a couple of barc speeders for neyo if made, and the target clones if I ever get any of those. These characters are really only shown in the movie on speeders, although I think neyo was one of the clones fighting on coruscnt in the clone wars show.
I am not seeing any of the other barc speeders in my area at all, but I am seeing these and they are cheaper.
Anyway, maybe the pack in could also be customized to hold a lightsaber the correct way if any of you are buying multiples of these.

Jayspawn
07-06-2005, 10:55 AM
I passed on Stass for these reasons....

- The articulation stinks! She stuck in the one pose which is meant to sit on the speeder.

- She doesnt come with a lightsaber (or its hidden somewhere in the package). True we didnt see hers in the movie -but I want one anyways!

shammykenobi
07-06-2005, 05:54 PM
- She doesnt come with a lightsaber (or its hidden somewhere in the package). True we didnt see hers in the movie -but I want one anyways![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's not hidden in the package...but if you're an opener and set up displays/dioramas then there's a good chance you've got an extra lightsaber lying around somewhere...and she actually does look pretty cool just standing by herself holding a lightsaber...she has a very ''on guard' type stance and if she had elbow articulation it would look even better...all in all this is actually a pretty good figure for a pack in, i'm not disappointed with mine at all.

JediTricks
07-07-2005, 12:08 AM
I passed on Stass for these reasons....

- The articulation stinks! She stuck in the one pose which is meant to sit on the speeder.

- She doesnt come with a lightsaber (or its hidden somewhere in the package). True we didnt see hers in the movie -but I want one anyways!
She does not come with a saber, but she has a fairly neutral pose and standard-6 articulation (head is actually ball-jointed rather than standard).