PDA

View Full Version : Unbelieveable bad luck buying Peter Jackson figures.

Darth Cruel
07-03-2005, 01:45 AM
I won an eBay auction for a Peter Jackson as a Hobbit figure. Got a good price in the mid twenties on it. And it turned out to be a multi-lingual card and I failed to notice that in the auction description (the pic clearly showed it). The I found a new one for around thirty, it had to be shipped from Turkey, but it was an American card. I recieved it and it turned out to be a near perfect specimen of a carded figure...(I would have given it an overall 95%) except for the gash cut down the side of the bubble done by U.S. Customs when they inspected it. I can understand wanting to inspect it, but it seems a little stupid to me to cut through the bubble wrap with a knife. They had to have noticed they were damaging the item as there is a punture in it that looks like it was difficult to get the knife through.

Luuuuuuke
07-03-2005, 02:01 AM
If I didn't get PJ in a case from ActionfigureXpress, I never would have gotten him. He's impossible to find at retail.
I wouldn't consider getting a PJ in a multilingual card to count as "unbelievable bad luck." I still don't understand why multilingual cards are so out of favor. Multilingual is better in just about everything else, but apparently not in collecting.:D

Darth Cruel
07-03-2005, 02:11 AM
The only thing I have against multi-lingual cards is that they don't match my other cards and I can't afford to collect both kinds.

Luuuuuuke
07-03-2005, 02:15 AM
The only thing I have against multi-lingual cards is that they don't match my other cards and I can't afford to collect both kinds.

I guess.. But PJ is a pretty singular figure, so the way I see it, having that one PJ in your collection with that one multilingual card is still pretty cool. I open pretty much anything so I never notice those kinds of things.
I guess those customs guys thought there might be a brick of cocaine in the package or something. They should have gotten one of their German Shepherds to give ole PJ a sniff instead of shanking your package.:rolleyes:

shammykenobi
07-03-2005, 10:14 AM
In response to all of this...does anyone know if the exclusive figures from the pellnnor fields or lothlorien gift pack are ever gonna be realeased indvidually?? I really want the mumakil rider and the haldir/celeborn figures but don't wanna buy two gifts pack just to get them. I open all my figures and if i bought both of these figures, then I would have to trade the rest and I wouldn't get much out of them.

Kidhuman
07-03-2005, 11:24 AM
I sent this over to the other section in collecting....

Reefer Shark
07-03-2005, 11:46 AM
In response to all of this...does anyone know if the exclusive figures from the pellnnor fields or lothlorien gift pack are ever gonna be realeased indvidually?? I really want the mumakil rider and the haldir/celeborn figures but don't wanna buy two gifts pack just to get them. I open all my figures and if i bought both of these figures, then I would have to trade the rest and I wouldn't get much out of them.

Going by the past, I'd say chances are pretty slim that they'll release the gift-pack exclusive figures on single cards. As far as I know, they haven't done this with any other exclusive figs (Helms deep Haldir, Mouth of Sauron, etc...).

If you want those figures, I would suggest getting the gift packs. The Pelennor one is actually a decent deal. You get three all new sculpts for $30. I didn't mind paying $10 each for them because they are really great figures.

The other set can be found at Wal-Mart for $24.99. $12.50 each for the two elves is pushing it, but I would do it if I really wanted those figures.

shammykenobi
07-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Yeah that is kinda steep, but i can always trade the other figures which would actually cause the price per figure to drop...but i just found out today my local toy shop closed down...so now I have no where to trade.