PDA

View Full Version : Lucasfilm Licensing Archive

Imperial Monarche
07-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Anyone that has Hyperspace, check out the artical on the Lucasfilm Licensing Archives. They have pictures. There's alot of stuff on there that is rare and hard to find. I say we start a petition to send to Lucasfilm asking if they would start selling some of that stuff, auction it off or whatever. i think it would make good buys on starwars.com.

JimJamBonds
07-04-2005, 11:13 PM
I know Lucasfilm operates much like a museum archiving its work. I remember seeing on a 'making off' that an idea for a ship I think from the OT that was never used found life in the PT. I actually applied for a job at Lucasfilm as a curator a few years ago but nothing ever became of it. :cry: (as an fyi I have a degree in History and have museum experience so my attempt wasn't total fanboy move lol).

Imperial Monarche
07-04-2005, 11:44 PM
If you are able to read the article, go through the slides. I guess it sounds as though the archives is opening to the public in a museam fashion, which is super cool and I'd love to go there someday, but in the slideshow, it goes though the warehouse and they have tons of stuff which looks to be left over from all different periods of time, including many sealed boxes of vintage toys that were to be shipped to the stores or something.

Ji'dai
07-05-2005, 01:24 AM
The grand prize in Hasbro's "Break the Emperor's Code" game had some sweet vintage toys taken from Lucasfilm's archive.

I entered and won a measly t-shirt.