PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Hasbro on an anniversary...

Darth Alex
07-05-2005, 12:21 AM
July first, 1997. That's when I started collecting Star Wars toys with a green carded, foil-sticker POTF2 Boba Fett. Which...I lost the gun 3 hours later and had to go back and pick up another the very next day!

So...Hasbro...it's been 8 years, you and I. As a collector at times I feel like I'm a kid at Christmas and at times if you were a cellmate I'd shank you like OZ.

So here's just a little memo, for what it's worth.
You have me and a lot of other folks in your corner.
I know some Hasbro employees read this and other fansites...I can remember lists posted by me and others coming true..look at Saga Bespin Luke, perfect example.
Here's just 3 little tips that may lead to continued HUGE sales of SW toys.

1- Utilize the upcoming DVD release and Christmas holiday season to keep the good stuff coming in amounts we can buy and find.

2- Make the figures from the ORIGINAL KENNER line that need to be remade AND the POTF2 figures that need to be resculpted(Endor Han, Jesus....).

3- Find a way to make the vehicles and EU stuff we clamor for. Cloud Car, AT-TE, Turbo Tank, Quinlan Vos, more Mcquarrie figures, a Lucas in flannel shirt figure(can't let Peter JackKong have all the fun).

You've made me eat my words...."if I can't find this figure, I'll quit" time and again. This year has been a dream come true.
Keep it up. If I had to rank my Top 20 favorite figures, they'd ALL come from the past 18 months. VOTC, ROTS, the Cantina 3 earlier this year.
I can't wait to see what comes next.
Honest to God, thanks for a hobby that saw me through bad times and gave me a lot of fun and fellowship over the past 96 months.
Here's to the rest of 2005, a already rumored to be HUGE 2006, the anniversary year of 2007, more Cartoon figures, new Cartoon figures, SW live-action TV show figures, and if some are to be believed, Episode 7-9 figures.

Keep it up.

Now where's my Ice Cream maker guy/Bespin Escape figure......? Hmmm:beard:

Kidhuman
07-05-2005, 12:33 AM
ALex is correct here Hasbro. You have come thrugh for us collectors in the past, no reason to stop now. With all out wants/needs we can keep this line goping until 2018 and possibly beyond. My wife asked me the other day, what am I going to do when the toys stop? I honestly dont want to think about it. I have been collecting for 28 years, yes 28 of my 32 years on this planet. It has always been apart of my life and I dont want it to end. Keep up thh good word(I think I deserve an AT-TE for being loyal) :beard:

ROTJLuke
07-05-2005, 12:36 PM
28 years is a long time. I agree with them Hasbro, I mean, look at my profile, Im practically giving you a recepie for the perfect Death Star Jedi Luke figure that I know most, if not all, of the collectors as well as kids would buy. Ive been collecting for 12 years now, more than half my life, and I think we at least deserve it for the loyalty.