PDA

View Full Version : Bail knows.

2-1B
07-05-2005, 02:19 AM
I love the scene where Anakin returns to Coruscant and finds himself talking to Bail until Ani excuses himself when he notices Padme behind the pillar. Anakin says "excuse me" and Bail replies with something equal to "of course" and gives that little smile as he moves along, even glancing back just a bit as Ani runs over to momma. To me that really says something about Bail's relationship with Padme in that he knows her well enough to notice the relationship but doesn't blow their cover. He really was a good candidate to take Leia as his charge.

Damnit, I love that Jimmy Smits. I'm so glad that Adrian Dunbar as (the artist formerly known as lol ) Prince Bail Organa was cut from TPM to make way for Smits, but of course since he was so cool in AOTC and especially ROTS, now I wish he was in TPM, too !

Bail is easily one of my favorite secondary characters of the saga along with 2-1B (natch) and also Nien Nunb. :)

Jek Porky 2002
07-05-2005, 04:39 AM
I have to agree with you. Bail is cool!

I did notice that look when Anakin sees Padme, maybe he did know, I don't think it would do the situation much harm if Bail knew! He seams a decent guy!!

Elliejabbapop
07-05-2005, 06:39 AM
One would have to guess that's not the first "senatorial scandal" ;)

JimJamBonds
07-05-2005, 09:47 AM
I love that little smirk along with Bail's ever so slightly looking over in the direction Anners is going. I think Bail knows although I believe Padme thinks its still all on the down low and nobody is aware of what is going on.

kool-aid killer
07-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Bail was a cool character, i too would have loved to have seen him with more screen time. How many other people think Bail could have busted some laser caps on clone butt if they didnt get the drop on him first?

Kidhuman
07-05-2005, 10:50 AM
He would have been toasted, there were too many of them for him to take out.

Elliejabbapop
07-05-2005, 10:52 AM
I believe Padme thinks its still all on the down low and nobody is aware of what is going on.

She came to meet him in a hallway so I wouldn't know about that, still, maybe she thinks the pillars have the right amount of shade ;)
I've always liked Bail, he's the kind of politician (I might say "ideal") this world lacks.

JimJamBonds
07-05-2005, 11:04 AM
She came to meet him in a hallway so I wouldn't know about that, still, maybe she thinks the pillars have the right amount of shade ;)
I've always liked Bail, he's the kind of politician (I might say "ideal") this world lacks.

I'd think Obi would have known but it seems he didn't untill he left for Mustafar. Although in the novel I think its known about Anner and Padme they turn a blind eye to Ani's interest in her. Of course the Jedi don't know the reality of the situation.

princethomas
07-05-2005, 11:29 PM
I agree. Bail is very cool. Cooler than I expected. Why I had low expectations I dont know. But I am very glad that he was this cool and Im happy to use Jimmy Smits image in my imaginations of Leia's childhood from now on.

How bout J smits and young leia in that TV show thing

kool-aid killer
07-05-2005, 11:38 PM
I would love to see Bail on the television show, but would prefer they keep Leia out of it for the most part. Maybe follow him and his efforts to halt the Empire, legally when possible and via the Rebel Alliance when those efforts fail. Something tells me Jimmy Smits wouldnt be against it either, the guy is an actor who flawlessly goes from big screen to small screen and he doesnt seem to display any type of ego whatsoever.

JimJamBonds
07-05-2005, 11:42 PM
How bout J smits and young leia in that TV show thing

Cool idea I just don't think J Smits would hop on board.

Kidhuman
07-06-2005, 01:20 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing Bail on the tv show either.

beckmen
07-06-2005, 04:50 AM
I'd love to see Bail on the TV Show. He was part of my concept, which would be about Bail, Mon Mothma and a surviving Jedi starting the Rebellion.

I think Smits might consider doing the show. Anyone who'd turn it down is nuts.

Bail was great in ROTS. I love the part where he goes to the Temple and the clones are like "It's time for you to leave" and he gives an awesome delivery of the line "And so it is."

beckmen
07-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Oh, and GL should have shot some scenes for Bail during AOTC/ROTS to put into TPM. Maybe he did. Maybe we'll see them in the 3-D versions...

TheDarthVader
07-06-2005, 10:48 AM
I liked Bail Organa as a character. He was actually one of my favorites! I thought about buying two Bail figures...one to keep carded and one to have loose. Bail was instrumental in forming the rebellion.

B.
TDV

BoShek
07-06-2005, 01:43 PM
I would love if the new TV show featured Bail (Jimmy Smits), his wife and Cpt. Antilles.

Ji'dai
07-07-2005, 05:18 PM
I'd think Obi would have known but it seems he didn't untill he left for Mustafar. Although in the novel I think its known about Anner and Padme they turn a blind eye to Ani's interest in her. Of course the Jedi don't know the reality of the situation. After the Temple massacre, Obi-Wan confides to Yoda that he wouldn't know where to find Anakin. Yoda tells him to "follow his feelings" or some such thing and boom, in the next scene he's at Padme's pad asking her where he went. So I think Yoda knew about Anakin/Padme, as did Palpatine. Apparently Obi-Wan was clueless until Yoda gave him a little implied nudge in the right direction.
I liked Bail Organa as a character. He was actually one of my favorites! I thought about buying two Bail figures...one to keep carded and one to have loose. Hell, buy ten or twenty! Maybe stores will actually restock with new figs if some nut comes in wipes out all the Bails and the rest of the pegwarmers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Bail Organa wasn't on the senate until sometime after TPM. Bail Antilles is his predecessor in the senate, and Bail Antilles was going to be in TPM, I believe. Apparently there's a rule where the next senator from your planet must have a similar name - Palpatine/Padmé, Aks Moe/Ask Aak, Bail Antilles/Bail Organa. :D

I would definitely love to have Bail in the TV show, but only if it was Jimmy playing him. He mostly does TV shows anyways so I think he'd be on board.

2-1B
07-08-2005, 12:39 PM
John for a moment I thought you were quoting a real "rule" from the EU with that name thing, jeez. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Good point, now that Panaka refers to Bail Antilles of Alderaan, then Organa should not be involved with TPM . . . so what happened, BA served in the Senate and the royalty of BO stepped in afterward ? :confused:

JimJamBonds
07-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Don't get me wrong people I'd LOVE for Jimmy Smits to be in the tv. I think there are more/better story lines outthere with Bail/Leia then with Obi/Luke. I'm just not sure Jimmy would be on the show on any sort of regular basis.. although I'd hope he would show up for a quick cameo every now and then. :)

2-1B
07-08-2005, 12:48 PM
JimJam is sorta right on this one - I too would LOVE to see J-Smit in action on the telly but you know that means there has to be visits from The Emperor and who's gonna take care of that ? I can't see Ian McD doing it . . . :confused:

El Chuxter
07-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeesh, don't you read the Holonet News (http://www.holonetnews.com/48/news/13321_3.html)? Organa succeeded Antilles. And "Bail" is apparently the "Mike" or "John" of the SW galaxy just as "Antilles" is the "Smith" or "Jones."

I too think Jimmy did a fine job in ROTS. I also think his little bit of resigned anger at the end of AOTC was that film's best moment.

Devo
07-10-2005, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Ji'dai]After the Temple massacre, Obi-Wan confides to Yoda that he wouldn't know where to find Anakin. Yoda tells him to "follow his feelings" or some such thing and boom, in the next scene he's at Padme's pad asking her where he went. So I think Yoda knew about Anakin/Padme, as did Palpatine. Apparently Obi-Wan was clueless until Yoda gave him a little implied nudge in the right direction.QUOTE]

I wouldn't read that as Yoda knowing about Ani/padme. He just says follow your feelings. I think if he knew about them he wouldn't be cryptic about it - a lot was at stake, it wouldn't have been a good time for that - rather he would have said to Obers 'go check with Senator amidala'. Besides Obi-wan already knows that Anakin, at the very least, has amorous feelings for padme - Anakin tells him as much at the beginning of AOTC and then Obi has to rein him in when Ani tries to put their mission at risk for Padme. And we can suggest that already by that point Obi suspected she was carrying Ani's child - I doubt its something that only entered his head right then in Padmes apartment.

Anyway, Bail Organa - I don't have much of an opinion on him - he really didn't get much to do.