PDA

View Full Version : Official Comic Con Star Wars Figs Q's Thread

ROTJLuke
07-05-2005, 02:42 AM
I dont know if this is the most addiquete place for this, and Im sure itll be moved if its wrong, but here goes:

With Comic Con being so close (10 days and counting) most of us SW fig collectors are starting to get ancy and prehaps even nervous about what kind of news were going to hear from Hasbro. Over at Galatic Hunter.com, we heard from the Swami, who told us of the remake of the entire Vintage line in VOTC style, as well as the return of the OTC line, and a new to scale Tie Fighter. Also, we are expecting more Revenge of the Sith figures. The blood is boiling in our collector veins, and the excitement is building up. The big deal about this is, as a collector, what questions would you ask if you had the chance to ask a Hasbro rep. I know many of us do not have that power, but if someone did here, or prehaps an administrator could ask the questions during the Hasbro QandA section, it would be a great help to all of us, and it would let us know of what is possibly comming and what we could possibly expect in later years of collecting.

As for my question, I only have one:

When are we going to see the Ultimate Version of Death Star II Jedi Luke?

I hope this gives us a place to post our questions here, and maybe someone with the power could select the ones he or she finds best fitting and ask a Hasbro rep. Thank you all, and post away!:) :D :)

Jek Porky 2002
07-05-2005, 05:21 AM
What is going to happen in the next 5 years now that there are no new films or Special Editions planned?

Think about it POTF2 came out in 95, only 2 years before the SE, which I'm sure boosted sales, then the prequals from 99 onwards, but what is going to happen when the hype dies down?

Kidhuman
07-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Where's the AT-TE?

What figures are slated for the rest of this year?

kool-aid killer
07-05-2005, 10:48 AM
What is going to happen in the next 5 years now that there are no new films or Special Editions planned?

Think about it POTF2 came out in 95, only 2 years before the SE, which I'm sure boosted sales, then the prequals from 99 onwards, but what is going to happen when the hype dies down?

We have the upcoming television show, cartoon show, plus there are plenty of prequel figures left to be done. Not to mention that they can still hammer out some original trilogy figures too.

I want to ask Hasbro if we will ever be seeing the Ewoks we need get updated sculpts.

CaptainSolo1138
07-05-2005, 10:48 AM
What kind of future will Hasbro provide for Lobot?

mauledtodeath
07-05-2005, 10:53 AM
2 questions:

1. Are the upcoming Toys R Us exclusive Clone 3-packs going to be the same as the 3-packs on the shelves now, or will they be Super Articulated and/or new molds?

2. When can we expect figures of Clone Commanders that were in the ROTS movie i.e. Cody, Gree, Thire, Neyo, etc.?

I think there's a lot of people who want to know the answers to these 2 questions.:classic:

DarkArtist
07-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Why don't you listen to us the fans and give us the figures we want ??

Is there any chance of having a collector's club on-line where we as a collector's community can use our jedi master points to buy figures that are perhaps exclusie to only the website ????

When are the action features going to stop ?

Is there any chance of bringing back (oops here comes the boo's and hisses) the EXPANDED UNIVERSE LINE ??????? :D

dindae
07-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Are there any plans to improve habrotoyshop.com specifically stocking?

They had mentioned at C3 they would continue to keep stock of hot figures yet many figures have come and gone and never returned. Has this changed?

They had also said they would open up a one of every figure club. When is this going to happen?

When are the early bird figures going to hit?

ROTJLuke
07-05-2005, 01:34 PM
So far so good with the questions, keep um commin! Now, is there anyone who will be at Comic Con or knows someone who will be there that will have the chance to ask the questions? If there is Im sure we could get a definitive list of questions to ask, I wouldnt mind doing that if everyone is interested :)

El Chuxter
07-05-2005, 02:07 PM
So, um I was wondering, like, are you ever going to pull your collective heads out of your butts and make figures of Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, TPM Obi-Wan, AOTC Obi-Wan, and ROTS Obi-Wan that don't suck (in comparison with most recent figures)?

Any chance of re-releasing some of the impossible-to-find figures, especially from the later POTF2, POTJ, and E1 lines (eg, Admiral Motti, Swimming Jar Jar Binks), on the OTC-style cards? And throwing in the Eopie in an OTC-style box as well, while you're at it?

Fluke Skywalker
07-06-2005, 02:31 AM
El Chuxter said:
So, um I was wondering, like, are you ever going to pull your collective heads out of your butts and make figures of Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, TPM Obi-Wan, AOTC Obi-Wan, and ROTS Obi-Wan that don't suck (in comparison with most recent figures)?

Amen!

For me it's

1. Will the VOTC return? Any chance of a PT line on VOTC style cards?
2. Will the "Fan's choice" figure return?
3. Any more "McQuarrie concept" figures in the future?
4. Are there OT Obi-Wan, ANH Leia and Luke and ESB Luke Unleashed's in the pipeline? (Toss in a Qui-Gon for the PT fans too)

And I second the question of the Walmart figure ship date.

plasticfetish
07-09-2005, 06:45 AM
(Yeah, this thread should probably be someplace else, but what-the-heck.)

I'll be there. From my experience last year... we'll more than likely be shown what they have planned for the next year, and then they'll hint vaguely about the near future. (Let's face it, they won't have any specific answers about what's beyond 2005/2006, because they don't really know for sure.)

As for my question, I only have one: When are we going to see the Ultimate Version of Death Star II Jedi Luke?If they talk about VOTC figures returning, this is one to ask about. (I really want a better/best version of this also.)

What is going to happen in the next 5 years now that there are no new films or Special Editions planned?That's more than likely going to be the focus of the whole Q&A. I'd wait and see.

Where's the AT-TE? Man... I wanted that. I don't think we're gonna get it, but it'd be a nice surprise if they said otherwise. (I'll see if I can mention it if I end up chatting with someone during the day.) :beard:

What kind of future will Hasbro provide for Lobot?I think that depends on the kind of benefits package that he has as a Hasbro employee. I hear it's quite good. ;)

1. Are the upcoming Toys R Us exclusive Clone 3-packs going to be the same as the 3-packs on the shelves now, or will they be Super Articulated and/or new molds?
2. When can we expect figures of Clone Commanders that were in the ROTS movie i.e. Cody, Gree, Thire, Neyo, etc.?If it's coming, then we'll be seeing it on display. Steve will no-doubt get some good photos, so stay tuned.

Why don't you listen to us the fans and give us the figures we want ??You know... I think they've done a lot of listening and as a result we've gotten a really nice bunch of figures from the ROTS line. I think this will continue, as is reasonably possible, beyond ROTS and into the future.

I don't think you're going to get anything for your Jedi Master Points, but online exclusives are a cool idea worth asking about.

The action features will never stop, but I think that they were handled (and this is coming from a person that doesn't care for them either) rather well with the ROTS line.

As for EU, I'm always wondering why they didn't/don't do figures from the video games. Given that they make as much money as the films in some cases, you'd think that they might consider this option. (We'll see if they bring the EU thing up.)

Are there any plans to improve habrotoyshop.com specifically stocking?Let's wait and see if/what they have to say about the future of habrotoyshop.com. I'd guess that they might bring this up.

Now, is there anyone who will be at Comic Con or knows someone who will be there that will have the chance to ask the questions?I'm not the step-up-to-the-mike-and-tell-us-what-city-you're-from-then-ask-your-question kind of guy, but I'll keep some of this stuff in mind if I get to chat with anyone from Hasbro.

Keep in mind, they're not there to be hassled, but they do like to talk about what's going on and they do answer your questions if you ask them--as long as they're relevant, and as long as they really do have an answer.

So, um I was wondering, like, are you ever going to pull your collective heads out of your butts...So, do you mean all of their heads in one butt, or are each of their heads in a separate butt?

Aren't you going to be there? You should ask the "butts" question. ;)

1. Will the VOTC return? Any chance of a PT line on VOTC style cards?
2. Will the "Fan's choice" figure return?
3. Any more "McQuarrie concept" figures in the future?
4. Are there OT Obi-Wan, ANH Leia and Luke and ESB Luke Unleashed's in the pipeline? (Toss in a Qui-Gon for the PT fans too)1. I'm sure we'll hear about future VOTC or OTC offerings. (Though I'll tell you right now, I don't care for the continuation of the VOTC line... so I'll be saying so. :p )
2. Good question. (I hope so. I'd like to know that also.)
3. Good question. (I hope so. I'd like to know that also.) Though I think I've heard it mentioned that they'd like to do more. :confused:
4. There's a lot of rumors about the Unleashed line going around. I'm sure we'll learn more on Friday.

-----

Also, remember... 15 minutes after this Hasbro Q&A ends (I wish it was more time) there'll be a presentation with Steve Sansweet about what's coming from Lucasfilm and Star Wars. So, I'm sure we'll have plenty of info to digest once the day is done.

spang2005
07-09-2005, 10:42 AM
I would say "Man, you've released two versions of the Y-Wing in POTF2 and OTC, but I never even saw one of these in stores. Any chance you'll re-release these with better distribution? I REALLY want a friggin' Y-wing! Thank you."

ROTJLuke
07-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Well hopefully are questions get asked, and we get answers. Ill be looking foward to someones report hopefully!

Umbra
07-10-2005, 04:26 PM
I'd also be particularly interested in the future of Expanded Universe lines.

mastermatt24
07-10-2005, 06:00 PM
As for EU, I'm always wondering why they didn't/don't do figures from the video games. Given that they make as much money as the films in some cases, you'd think that they might consider this option. (We'll see if they bring the EU thing up.)

I betcha they wont. And when they dont bring it up you need to go up there and bring it to them and make it look like you care, and dont be like that one stupid person (sry where ever you are) that asked about EU and said that she wanted a Thrawn..

Kidhuman
07-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Man... I wanted that. I don't think we're gonna get it, but it'd be a nice surprise if they said otherwise. (I'll see if I can mention it if I end up chatting with someone during the day.) :beard:

:beard: to you for asking. Tell Hasbro they will get multitudes of :beard: s if they make one.

Umbra
07-13-2005, 12:32 AM
Oh, and if i might add:

If someone could "agressivly negotiate" for a Quinlon Vos figure I'd be most obliged >>

ROTJLuke
07-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Oh, and if i might add:

If someone could "agressivly negotiate" for a Quinlon Vos figure I'd be most obliged >>

Do the same for my DSII Luke! :D :D :D

Droid
07-13-2005, 12:55 PM
When will they make Yarna, or, what is their objection to making Yarna?

TheDarthVader
07-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Where are/any plans for: Yarna, Paploo (single carded), Lomat, Warok, Tonnika Sisters, Bom Vindum, and the rest of the figures that were made in vintage that have not be made in the modern line yet?

Where are/any plans for: more Padmes, Mace Emperor's wrath, more podracers, and other prequel aliens?

Any plans on an accurate tie fighter interceptor? We've heard of the accurate tie fighter in the works (whether true or not is moot).

Where are the curved pieces for the cantina?

More VOTC on the way?

How many VOTC and/or OTC figures are planned for the rest of the year?

B.
TDV