PDA

View Full Version : Toys R us Stock

vader68
07-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Has anybody else noticed that Toys r us has really skimped on their stock of ROTS figures.? For the last 4 weeks the toys r us by me has had nothing new, and has had very limited stock. When Batman came out they moved it from the front of the store and put it back in the aisle where it was, but have had no new stock. Yesterday I was there and they had four pegs with a few figures and that was it. They had plenty of the vader voice changers, but no figures. I understand that they don't want to hold onto a lot of extra stock only to not be able to sell it, but it just seems more than just that. Walmart and Target have had plenty of figs, and they always make sure the pegs are full. I realize toy r us is having problems financially, but anyone else have problems with them?

CaptainSolo1138
07-05-2005, 01:25 PM
The TRU in Saginaw, MI is a giant turd.

Ji'dai
07-05-2005, 01:56 PM
My TRU has condensed their SW sections but are still well-stocked. Unfortunately they are all 1-40, minus the hard-to-find figs like Royal Guards/Tank Gunners. Since Wal-Mart seems to get in the new stuff first, I haven't bought anything at TRU since the week of April 2. Now even Wal-Mart is starting to lag behind. It sucks since those two stores (literally) are my primary toy outlets.

X13VADER
07-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I Do Not Think That It Is Tru That Is Having A Problem. Target Walmart And Tru In Michigan Here Are All About Out Of Everything. I Have Seen Some New Ones Come Through But Must Be Only A Case Or Two. Nothing To Fill The Shelves. Feast Or Famine In The Collecting World. Back To The Same Old In Michigan

ROTJLuke
07-05-2005, 02:36 PM
The TRU in Saginaw, MI is a giant turd.

The TRU's running from 12 mile to Lakeside Mall in the D have nothing as well :( I really did give up on TRU a long time ago. The last time I found something good there was when the Luke Stormtrooper Green Card wave came out...

megaprime33
07-05-2005, 02:41 PM
The only 2 things TRU has been good for me lately was finding an unleashed stormtrooper, and wave 1 simpsons figures. Everything else has been crap. They don't really restock any of my TRU either. You are not alone!

CaptainSolo1138
07-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Saginaw is tapped out completley, but TRU is by far the worst (since I don't even count KMart as a Star Wars retailer anymore :rolleyes: ). When I walk into Target I just look at the front figs on the pegs. It's been the same ones with the same garbage behind them for weeks now.

Where I live in Mt. Pleasant though is very "feast or famine".

ROTJLuke
07-05-2005, 03:50 PM
See, in my area, its not really a feast or famine ordeal, its really a hit and miss, because when they do have new figures, its only one or maybe two out of the three that are released (and to have two out of three Im havin an amazing day) Other than that, the pegs are bare.

Rocketboy
07-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Saginaw is tapped out completley, but TRU is by far the worst (since I don't even count KMart as a Star Wars retailer anymore :rolleyes: ). When I walk into Target I just look at the front figs on the pegs. It's been the same ones with the same garbage behind them for weeks now.Whoa...TRU in Saginaw still carries Star Wars figures??? :eek:

:D

DarkArtist
07-05-2005, 07:59 PM
I think the problem is that TRU still has POTJ warming the pegs as well as VOTC, and Preview as well. ROTS like the previous Prequel movies have been known to leave behind peg warming figures, hell the TRU in Elizabeth Nj still has AOTC Boba's.
I guess TRU doesn't want to lose money anymore, and fears that some figures are always going to peg warmers and doesn't want to purchase anymore figures or re-stock the new they have until the old vanish.

CaptainSolo1138
07-05-2005, 08:19 PM
The OTC Cantina wave is choking all the pegs here. I'm so sick of Myo and Dannik's cheekamajigs.

Clonetrooper1131
07-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Yup it sucks big time Wampa wiener.... I can't belive, and don't even know, where all the figures went. It went from that huge wall to this little section, with about 12 pegs. And empty pegs at that....

CaptainSolo1138
07-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Yup it sucks big time Wampa wiener
LMAO!!!! :D :beard:

X13VADER
07-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Well Thats What I Am Saying About Feast Or Famine. Rots Has Been Shown And We Were Givin A Lot Of Figures Now At Post Rots We Have Famine Again. Few And Far Between.but Just Remember Its The Trhill Of The Hunt Not The Kill.just Last Weekend In Midland Michigan I Picked Up 5 Blue Royal Guards And 4 At-ta Gunners.

CaptainSolo1138
07-06-2005, 08:05 AM
And 4 At-ta Gunners.
No kidding? These suckas have been completley MIA. I've yet to even see one!

dindae
07-06-2005, 09:07 AM
I haven't found much at my local TRUs simply because their overstocked on older figures. The dollar price difference is enough for people to go to Wally World and Target. So when they don't sell figs they don't order many new figs. I did see the remains of a case of Deluxe wave 3 case. But the bulk of their stock is 32 and lower where the other stores are 33 and up.

Obi-wedge
07-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Target and WalMart here see spurts of new figures (1 case per store) I picked up one of each of the Mustafar wave. Still have not seen the Tarking wave at all.

As far as TRU.....they need to take some markdowns to get rid of some stuff.
Therer are TONS of Jedi Council scenes. (Come on, at $20 for rehash..not gonna happen...online for $7...maybe) There is even a store that STILL has 3 full pegs of PILOT JANGO. Gimme a break! Mark them down so we have some clone trooper heads if need be.

Looking for a Vintage OTC Lando? They have a ton of those too. Still at $10 of course.

I go in there to laugh and hope and ray that they will mark stuff down. Not so much so that I can buy it, but so that I will not see the same figures that have been hanging there for THREE YEARS!

vader68
07-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Same here, tons of votc landos, for $10, also lots of queen amidalas that have been there for 2+ years,when will they take the hint. The only figs from ROTS that I have gotten at Toys R Us are exclusive yoda, and a red guard who a cashier happened to be putting back after some one returned it. I was lucky. Other than that, nada.

Sith Lord 0498
07-06-2005, 09:39 PM
My local TRU is a mixed bag of sorts. They still have tons of OTC merchandise: Falcon, 12" VOTC, and Jedi Council sets, their ROTS figure assortment is absolutely dreadful, and they have an overstock of nearly 25 ARC-170 Starfighters. On the other hand, they have several Mustafar playsets, the entire set of Wave 2 Force Battlers, etc. The 500th Vader and Wookiee helicopter made a brief appearance as well.

Val Da Car
07-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Strange TRU has been.

Yesterday.....Mpire figures

Today 1 case of 3 500th Vader figures.

who knows what tomorrow brings.

Fluke Skywalker
07-06-2005, 11:05 PM
I walked into TRU tonight and they had put out a bunch of... ARC 170's :rolleyes: . That would have been good news if it were still April.

All TRU's must be the same. All around here have VOTC ANH wave minus Luke, and tons of Lando's and Yoda's. POTJ? You bet! AOTC? Yep-a-roo! New ROTS? Not so fast my friends!

TRU isn't as bad as K-Mart.. yet. :dead:

jaxx
07-07-2005, 01:43 PM
TRU...TRU...TRU...

Let's see...
They seem to have a TON of ROTS figures, but they're all either Obi Wan #1, Red Palpy, Clone Pilot, or the Wookie Warrior Wave. NOTHING ELSE as far as ROTS goes. And it's been some time since they've gotten anything in. So, of course, that means that no one is buying anything from these stores, or it means that they're getting cleared out of new merchandise before it hits the pegs.
Just as everyone else previously stated, there are a ton of Council Scenes, Lando VOTC, Luke and Stormtrooper 12" VOTC, and those little plush characters (so annoying).
I keep calling in the mornings (just as I've been instructed to do by TRU employees that don't want to look in the back for me while I'm actually in the friggin store), and after and average of about 5 minutes on hold, I get some lazy punk that sounds annoyed that I'm calling with questions that would require him or her to actually work for a change, and they tell me the same thing... "we havent received anything for a while now, but if you call back we can check later." When should I call back? I always call on the days that they say a truck will be unloaded and ready for the floor. Why do I always get the same answer? Is it that TRU just isn't getting ANY Star Wars merchandise AT ALL, or is it that no one really wants to help out a consumer?
Don't get me wrong, when I go into the stores, I, at times, can find someone that's willing to help out... so I don't have anything against all of the employees... just the lazy ones who's sole purpose of working at a store is to supply their own plastic fetish, and not to help any other customer.
Can I get an AMEN!??lol

ronhudy
07-07-2005, 02:09 PM
TRU...TRU...TRU...

Let's see...
They seem to have a TON of ROTS figures, but they're all either Obi Wan #1, Red Palpy, Clone Pilot, or the Wookie Warrior Wave. NOTHING ELSE as far as ROTS goes. And it's been some time since they've gotten anything in. So, of course, that means that no one is buying anything from these stores, or it means that they're getting cleared out of new merchandise before it hits the pegs.
Just as everyone else previously stated, there are a ton of Council Scenes, Lando VOTC, Luke and Stormtrooper 12" VOTC, and those little plush characters (so annoying).
I keep calling in the mornings (just as I've been instructed to do by TRU employees that don't want to look in the back for me while I'm actually in the friggin store), and after and average of about 5 minutes on hold, I get some lazy punk that sounds annoyed that I'm calling with questions that would require him or her to actually work for a change, and they tell me the same thing... "we havent received anything for a while now, but if you call back we can check later." When should I call back? I always call on the days that they say a truck will be unloaded and ready for the floor. Why do I always get the same answer? Is it that TRU just isn't getting ANY Star Wars merchandise AT ALL, or is it that no one really wants to help out a consumer?
Don't get me wrong, when I go into the stores, I, at times, can find someone that's willing to help out... so I don't have anything against all of the employees... just the lazy ones who's sole purpose of working at a store is to supply their own plastic fetish, and not to help any other customer.
Can I get an AMEN!??lol

AMEN! Exactly the same stock assortment here in Vegas...VOTC Lando, Smilin' Luke Skywalker 12-inchers, plushes, and 100 figures comprised of 5 characters. TRU is really a big pile of poo-poo. I truly don't know how they stay in business. It's not just Star Wars. Everything I see is overpriced, and the selection of certain toy lines is 6 months behind other retailers. DVD's and Video Games are overpriced by 10-15% as well. I really don't get it.

Kidhuman
07-07-2005, 05:57 PM
I havent stepped foot into a TRU in years because of this craptacular pack-out method they have. I figure in 2008 I can find some SA clones from the CW line freshly put out. Will let you know.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2005, 08:13 PM
I haven't bought one single ROTS since the Yoda Holo promo. There hasn't been one decent thing I've been able to find there. I wouldn't mind the older stuff as long as it is priced decently. Remember the days when they would clearance the HTF POTF2 and EP1 stuff for $2 a figure? What happened? I don't see anyone wanting a VOTC Lando or POTJ FX-7 army anytime soon.

JediTricks
07-08-2005, 05:27 AM
The TRU by my place got so inundated with pegwarmers that they just started dumping whole cases right into a bin, and since the ROTS packaging is SO fragile, it took this rather hard, now my TRU has a bin overflowing with ROTS figures in abysmal-looking packaging with cards so savaged and bubbles so scuffed you'd think they had these in the store for 10 years.

CaptainSolo1138
07-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Speaking of old garbage at TRU, I was there last weekend and they still had the 12" Imperial Officer and Zuckass and the Jedi Council 3-packs. The bad part? They were still full price. I love Yareel Poof as much as the next guy (OK, I don't) but I'm not gonna pay $20 for him.

They really need to have a good ol' barn-burner of a clearance sale to get rid of these things. BTW, what happened to TRU's "Sidewalk Sales"? The one in Saginaw, MI used to have one every six monthes or so. They'd fill bins with "junk" (i.e. old SW stuff) and close off a portion of their stockroom (or put it outside if the weather permitted). There were some good deals to be had. I remember Slicker picking up a relatively rare E1 item at one of these but I can't remember what it was.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-08-2005, 07:08 PM
My TRU still has them, but the last time they put SW out they were POTJ deluxe bikini Leias for $4 and 12" Saga Zams for $12. They either don't care about ridding themselves of old crap or really need the money.

Kidhuman
07-09-2005, 12:38 AM
My WM just stuck out a 2 pack of the 6" jawas. They want 30 bucks for it. Psychos

JimJamBonds
07-09-2005, 04:11 AM
All there is at the Green Bay Toys R Us for SW was two 4 ft. sections and one end cap of figs. It wasn't anything that couldn't be found anywhere else.