PDA

View Full Version : It's pretty much over...

beckmen
07-06-2005, 04:39 AM
Wal-Mart have forsaken me, as I knew they would. Totally neglecting the SW figs. This started a while back, and I knew it would. The last fig I got was Wookie Warrior. My local Wal-Mart is stocked to the brim with the FIRST wave now, and I doubt that will change. I doubt I will EVER see Crispy Ani, Tarkin, Baccara, Obi-Wan Red Leader, Battle Packs and Evolutions sets.

Maybe at some point I will buy some or all of these online. But I dread the mark-ups.

Darth Alex
07-06-2005, 11:33 AM
How far are you from Elmira or Binghamton?
When I liked near there in upper PA, I had to travel there to get anything new.
If worse comes to worse, OMGCNFO.com and even now Bryans(DARE I say it) have decent prices on the new waves, plus with the scalper heat off, Amazon has been good about stocking WHEN you see SW sites post the new additions.
I agree with you about finding new stuff...it stinks when you don't, and I haven't exactly seen a flood in Northeast Pennsylvania!
The battle packs and Evolutions should be easy to find in a month, but those last 6 figures...I dunno....

JetsAndHeels
07-06-2005, 12:55 PM
I know exactly how you feel Beckmen. I have scouted out most of my area and it seems like the pegs are bare and hardly anything new sees the light of day. Other toy lines are taking over, and the SW selection gets smaller each week. I am just thankful to have what I have upto this point, due to trades with the fine people on this site.

DarkArtist
07-06-2005, 01:09 PM
It helps to make friends with the employees of the toy aisle. They can tell you when they are expecting shipment and can give you an idea of when to show up. The guy at the walmart by my place looks for me every week and lets me know when the stuff is due to hit the shelf. He doesn;t put anything aside for me and it is first come first served but there is always the slight chance that someone will pass on a slightly damaged carded version of one of the newer guys. Works great for me since I am a loose collector. :)

BoShek
07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
My area is the same way. Nothing new at all for SW and for most other toy lines. I keep scouting out the stores and I come home with nothing.

megaprime33
07-06-2005, 02:20 PM
My area as well has fallen into the non-new stock abyss. I have checked a few places to get charred anakin but no luck. I'm still seeing wave 1 here. I'm really just starting to lose interest now. Oh well, it happens. Save the money for replicas then, thats what I say.

beckmen
07-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I am also loosing interest. The thing is, I know I will regret it if I stop buying. Just like I did with EVERY other line since POTF2.

I have even begun to pack up some of my SW stuff. I took the figs off my TV and Home Theatre and put them in a box (this time wrapped in plastic wrap to avoid paint scuffing). I still have the DVD shelf chock-full of figs, though.

Right now with the phasing out of SW I am getting back into SG-1 in anticapation for the new season. Star Wars rules, it's my favorite thing (movie, game, TV show, reason to live) but I kind of go in and out of how ga-ga I am over it.

Low on money now, but maybe next month I will try and catch up via the internet.

Jedi Drew
07-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Same deal around here with nothing new to be found. :confused: I did receive my Tarkin wave from Amazon today. Yea, they were $7.99 a figure plus shipping and tax but IMO these later waves are gonna be harder to find. Only saw KFC Anakin wave at retail twice. Good luck on your hunts... ;)

beckmen
07-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Well looking online I find either egregious prices are everything of interest Out of Stock. 20 bucks for Crispy Ani??? There outta be a law!

Fluke Skywalker
07-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Walmart was the place for a while... then 'Pffffttt!' I've actually had my most recent success, finding Tarkin and Baccara waves, at Meijer. If you have them in your area, it may be worth a shot.

Don't pay those scalpers prices just yet! Be patient, these will eventually show up at retail sometime in the next month or so. I think :ermm:

Kidhuman
07-07-2005, 12:51 AM
I have had luck up until the Crispy-kin wave. Havent found those, but thanks to friends here I got that wave.

Dark ARtist said it best, make friends with the employees, dont have to buy them beers or anything, just talk to them and be nice and they will hook you up with info on when trucks come in. Right now One WM is sitting on 4 trucks of merch that was loaded with new toys, so I have to check them tomorrow.

rich_of_the_dead
07-07-2005, 02:03 AM
its true what they say about getting to be friends with the employees or even better get a family member to work there,the collectors in my area used to grab everything before i would get there then i convinced my older brother to work at toys r us he got hired on the spot and him and his 3 good friends unload the trucks and get to go through the cases as they load the pallets,when the rots figs hit on aqpr 2nd for midnight madness my bro and the employees got to pick their stuff out and 11:00 pm and put it aside untill the doors opened @ midnight.i woulnt be able to get anything if it were not for him,now i get full cases of the newest waves of sw batman fantastic four movie figs and mcfarlane stuff and marvel legends and what ever he cant get that night his friend puts it aside on the day shift.never believe them when they say what ever they have is out because my brothers stock room is filled will all the released waves of sw from #1 through the newest wave plus it was the only wave to get the batman crminals and the invisible woman .plus when he got off work tonite he brought home a whole case of empire figs.so never give up hope friendslol

jaxx
07-07-2005, 01:08 PM
its true what they say about getting to be friends with the employees or even better get a family member to work there,the collectors in my area used to grab everything before i would get there then i convinced my older brother to work at toys r us he got hired on the spot and him and his 3 good friends unload the trucks and get to go through the cases as they load the pallets,when the rots figs hit on aqpr 2nd for midnight madness my bro and the employees got to pick their stuff out and 11:00 pm and put it aside untill the doors opened @ midnight.i woulnt be able to get anything if it were not for him,now i get full cases of the newest waves of sw batman fantastic four movie figs and mcfarlane stuff and marvel legends and what ever he cant get that night his friend puts it aside on the day shift.never believe them when they say what ever they have is out because my brothers stock room is filled will all the released waves of sw from #1 through the newest wave plus it was the only wave to get the batman crminals and the invisible woman .plus when he got off work tonite he brought home a whole case of empire figs.so never give up hope friendslol
Well, that's great that you have a brother that works for TRU. That's a great advantage to have. I've met a couple of nice employees at TRU, but no one that's willing to put their job on the line so they can hide figures in the back for me. You say not to give up hope, and not to believe the employees when they say that everything is out, but if we don't have a relative or buddy that works there, it's a little hard to call the employee out on his or her lie. We kind of HAVE to take their word for it sice we can't just strut back to the stock room and check it out ourselves. Unless we want to get banned from the store.
To be honest with you, and it's nothing against you; I feel that employees should not be allowed to do what the employees at your brother's store are doing. And if they continue, they should be fired for doing it. I don't want your brother to be out of a job, but it's a little unethical, from both a consumer and a corporate viewpoint, what he and the stock boys are doing. The consumer comes first, not the employee. The rule is to put everything out for the consumer, and then the employee gets to pick through the remnants. To know that there is a sock room full of figures that should be out for a consumer is extremely frustrating. To know that and to read all of the complaints in the forums of people not being able to find any of the newer figures is actually pretty infuriating. I guess that I'm going to be a little contradictory of myself here, but I can see putting one figure on hold to buy later (certainly not an entire case), but if a consumer asks if you have any, and that ONE figure is the LAST one in stock... it goes to the consumer, and the employee is S.O.L.

Does anyone else share my view point on this? Is anyone else a little frustrated to know that this is going on? Or am I a lone wolf on this one?
(again, "rich of the dead," nothing against you.;) )

TheDarthVader
07-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Same here. I was doing well up into the Anakin/Tarkin wave. I think that in time these waves will be at Wal Mart. Just have patience. This is the key to collecting as I have found out. Sometimes, due to where I live, it takes a very long time for me to find the new waves.

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
07-07-2005, 04:47 PM
The thing is WM overstocked themselves with SW figures from 4/2. Now that they are shrinking the section down, they have no room to stock the newer stuff. It is still selling but as it sells, they shrink the amount of pegs down, leaving little room for the newer stuff to come out.

rich_of_the_dead
07-07-2005, 06:55 PM
hey everybody, no im not offended as he was kind enough to say nothing against you i respect that,i should my brother(the one who works @ toys r us and he said it isnt just him and his 3 friends that do it he told me if there is something really cool on the truck the manager and head manager call all the employees to the truck bay and they raid the cases the mgr collects himself and knows that alot of the employees collect he said the head mgr was shooting star wars figures off the pallets with a foam dart gun he said they were all laughing and joking im sorry if i offnede anyone.he said that they just got a few cases of the build your own lightsabers and to let eveyone know whos looking for them that toys r us just startedted getting them.i didnt tell anyone this story to brag i just wanted to say the stuff is out there and to not give up.ok iforgot one thing the guy from hasbros promotional and distribution visits the store every week since 4/2 and is good friends with my brother andhe sometimes gives him stuff before and after his shift and gives him heads up on all the newest info and figures and info updates on the live action series take care all.:evil:

Mandalorian Candidat
07-07-2005, 07:08 PM
The thing is WM overstocked themselves with SW figures from 4/2. Now that they are shrinking the section down, they have no room to stock the newer stuff. It is still selling but as it sells, they shrink the amount of pegs down, leaving little room for the newer stuff to come out.

I haven't seen this problem locally. If anything, WM compensated for the FF4 invasion by opening up another section for SW figs in the regular action figure aisle. Same thing with Target..they removed their endcap figures and shrunk down the deluxe and lightsaber pegs for figure room.

I have seen all the 4/2 figures reshipped several times to evaporate very quickly. In fact, I've had a tough time finding them since I thought they'd be around forever like those from EP1 and the Saga lines. Right now all I've seen in my state (UT) are tons of Palpatines (4/2 and red coat), Neimoidian Warriors, Mas Ameddas, and a few Wookies.

Those retailers were right about the Neimoidian figures way back during the EP1 days, they are death.

Fortunately I've been able to find everything up to extra crispy Ani due to luck and a good network of friendly collectors in my area. My condolences to you guys who haven't seen them yet. I'm thinking the last few waves could be tought to find like those from the waning days of POTF2, EP1, POTJ, Saga, and OTC 2005.

DarthGrizzle
07-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Well, it looks like it's over for me as well. My best outlet (Target) has condensed the SW aisle, and now there are only 6 pegs for figs! This really sucks. Looks like I'll be looking on eBay, etc. to fill out the collection.

sluray
07-08-2005, 04:22 PM
I found the latest wave 45 through 50 at Target. Wal Mart in my area has nothing but old stuff. Nothing new.

Ric Olie
07-11-2005, 12:06 PM
My local Walmart hasn't put out any new figures since mid May with the Palpatine with Saber and Clone Pilot wave. I did see the Neimoidian Guard at another Walmart but I didn't have any money to buy him.

The only new thing my local Walmart has is the M & M Mpire figurines.