PDA

View Full Version : The Bust-Ups Thread!

Jayspawn
07-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Yes, I just caved and bought a bunch of these little suckers today. And the best part, at only a $1.88 each!!! :eek: Sam Goody was(is) having a sale on a bunch of stuff. I picked out 2 and the guy at checkout says, "Hey did you know these are only a $1.88?" I said "I'll be right back." and picked up several more. Heres what I got....

Yoda
Darth Maul
Royal Guard
Stormtrooper (holding rifle up)
Stormtrooper (cholding blaster forward)
Count Dooku
Darth Sidious

They had most everyone from Series 1,2 & 3. Worth checking out if you want extras or ones you dont have!

The thread is also for other Bust-Up news too!

Reefer Shark
07-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Nice! That's a sweet deal. I have series 1, 2, and 3, plus the holographic Sidious. I also have a shadow box setup with 12 stormys (all in different poses).

They're neat little things, I'm really looking forward to the ROTS wave.

2-1B
07-07-2005, 02:01 AM
The first Bust Ups I got was the Chicago 4-pack last year at Wizard World, then later on down the road I bought a random pack and pulled Chewie. A great piece and now I'm pretty much hooked on them, I have some catching up to do though.

Can't wait for that ROTS wave, the Anakin/Vader looks cool as do all the others. :)

DarkArtist
07-07-2005, 11:08 AM
I like this line as well because it like getting a decent bust for little price. I even have a Vader on my computer at work, great conversation starter.
I just wish there weren't so many variations of each character, I have two different vaders and three different stormtroopers but now i hear that there was three vaders releashed in the intial wave as well as two different leias.

Sith Lord 0498
07-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I just picked up the holographic Sith Lords 2-pack from my local comic shop this evening (along with NECA's Patrick Bateman figure). These are just the latest in my Bust-Up collection. I absolutely love these things!!! I didn't at first but soon changed my mind.

So far, I have...

Darth Vader (both regular variants and the hologram variant)
Darth Maul (one-handed saber variant and the hologram variant)
Stormtrooper (two-handed blaster and bent-up arm blaster variants)
Royal Guards x2
Darth Sidious
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Zuckuss
Princess Leia (outstretched blaster variant)
C-3PO
Yoda
Han Solo
Chewbacca

Can't wait for Series 4!!!

gsr-jedi
07-07-2005, 10:46 PM
I thought the Stormtrooper bust-ups could only be posed in 8 ways (at least 8 that made some semblance of sense)?

By my approximation there are 41 bust-ups available. Here is a list in the order of release, to the best of my memory.

1.) 2004 Toy Fair Blue Clone Trooper
2/3/4/5.) 2004 Summer Convention Spirit of the Rebellion 4-pack (clear Leia, Luke, Han, & 3PO)
6/7/8/9.) 2004 Summer Convention Spirit of the Rebellion 4-pack variation (glow-in-the-dark Leia, Luke, Han, & 3PO)
10.) EE exclusive clear Yoda
11/12/13/14/15/16/17.) Series 1 - Han, Luke, Chewie, Yoda, Leia (blaster pointed up), Leia variant (blaster pointed straight), & C-3PO
18/19.) AFX exclusive (at first) Holo Vader & Holo Maul
20/21/22/23/24/25/26/27/28/29.) Series 2 - Emperor Palpatine, Royal Guard, Count Dooku, Stormtrooper 1, Stormtrooper 2, Stormtrooper 3, Darth Vader (lightsaber in left hand), Darth Vader variant (lightsaber in right hand), Darth Maul (lightsaber in 2 hands & teeth showing), Darth Maul variant (lightsaber in one hand behind back with no teeth showing)
30.) Crimson Empire TPB with Holo Emperor & Royal Guard (same guard as previously released, so not a different #)
31/32/33/34/35/36/37.) Series 3 - Boba Fett, Boba Fett variant (silver), Dengar, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Jango Fett, Bossk
38.) Clone Wars vol. 2 TPB with copper-tinted Chewbacca & Yoda (same Yoda as previously released, so not a different #)
39/40/41 - Black-Hole Stormtrooper 1, 2, & 3 (these were released in the SWS exclusive 3-pack, as a chase figure) [I forgot to add them and didn't feel like renumbering]

Plus next week at SDCC, they will have a silver Jango Fett.
Also, it's possible to rearrange the 2 Leia, Vaders, & Mauls to give you 5 more possible bust-ups. The same thing can happen with the Stormtroopers and black-hole Stormtroopers, of which I thought there were 8 possible combinations that could be made.
Plus series 4 will have at least 7 more, not counting any variants. So that brings a grand total of 64 bust-ups.

I'm missing Dengar, silver Boba, the two TPB ones, and the black-hole Stormtroopers.

I wish I would have seen this earlier, all my area Sam Goody's & Suncoast's have been out of bust-ups for a while. I just bought a Dooku on eBay for like $12 bucks.

Jayspawn
07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Series 5!!! Gentle Giant has posted some great pcitures of Bust-Ups Series 5 which is scheduled for December and will be of "The Empire Strikes Back" Theme.

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=WEB7582

The line will include Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, the Wampa, Snowtrooper and Darth Vader, and the AT-AT Driver!

Reefer Shark
07-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Wow, they look great! I dig how they have the ice forming at the bottoms of the figures - it helps them look more like actual busts than half-action figures.

Sign me up for a set of these guys. Wonder what the variants will be? Probably the snowtrooper and pilot I bet.

gsr-jedi
07-13-2005, 06:43 PM
GH is reporting there will be two Vaders; one with a red-flame base & one with a blue-flame base.

Hellboy
07-13-2005, 07:05 PM
A picture of the upcoming Hoth Wave. :)

Turbowars
07-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Hey Reefer, in series 3 which Vader and Maul are the chase variants? I have the Maul with saber only in one hand and Vader with his saber in his left in which his left hand is kind of resting on his right shoulder. Beside these 2 what other chase figure are there? I have the Holo Vader and Maul, clear and silver crap.

Does anyone have an extra Emperor figure? When I was at the SDCC, GG was selling Wave 2 and 3 and I never pick up wave 2, so I went through all the boxes and found myself a set, at least I thought I did. I wanted 2 guards to be on the sides of the Emperor and what do you know I come home without the Emperor.

Reefer Shark
07-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey Reefer, in series 3 which Vader and Maul are the chase variants? I have the Maul with saber only in one hand and Vader with his saber in his left in which his left hand is kind of resting on his right shoulder. Beside these 2 what other chase figure are there? I have the Holo Vader and Maul, clear and silver crap.

Does anyone have an extra Emperor figure? When I was at the SDCC, GG was selling Wave 2 and 3 and I never pick up wave 2, so I went through all the boxes and found myself a set, at least I thought I did. I wanted 2 guards to be on the sides of the Emperor and what do you know I come home without the Emperor.

Those two are the variants bro, the Maul has a different face too. As far as I know those are the only variants in wave 2.

Aside from the holo Vader/Maul, Glow in dark, and clear figures, the only chases I know about are the convention exclusive AOTC Clone, and the Holo Emperor that came with the Crimson Empire graphic novel. I think there was a clear, amber colored Chewy released with a graphic novel too, but I'm not too sure about that one.

Man, I wish I had one of those AOTC clones. The only place I've seen it is on ebay, and it tends to end fairly high.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-19-2005, 10:13 PM
I just got into these little guys too thanks to SDCC. GG had an awesome booth and they had all kinds of them (lots of new ones and all kinds of exclusives) on display in this nifty little pyramid displays plus they were handing out free posters of all the ones they've done so far...so this inspired me to "look within" when the booth wasn't so crazy and they were selling series one but they were clear/hologram (luke, han, leia and c3po) so i picked up this set and had a blast putting them together. I think I'm hooked now too ARrrrrrggg :Pirate:

Turbowars
07-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Those two are the variants bro, the Maul has a different face too. As far as I know those are the only variants in wave 2.

Aside from the holo Vader/Maul, Glow in dark, and clear figures, the only chases I know about are the convention exclusive AOTC Clone, and the Holo Emperor that came with the Crimson Empire graphic novel. I think there was a clear, amber colored Chewy released with a graphic novel too, but I'm not too sure about that one.

Man, I wish I had one of those AOTC clones. The only place I've seen it is on ebay, and it tends to end fairly high.So you are saying I picked the only 2 Variants out of the case? Wow, now that is luck. So the common versions are the ones they use for the Holo Vader and Maul, right?

There's a black hole trooper on e-bay right now for 25 bucks. Is that good?

Reefer Shark
07-19-2005, 11:22 PM
So you are saying I picked the only 2 Variants out of the case? Wow, now that is luck. So the common versions are the ones they use for the Holo Vader and Maul, right??

Yep, the the holo's are the same sculpt as the common versions.

There's a black hole trooper on e-bay right now for 25 bucks. Is that good?

Oh yeah, I forgot about the black hole trooper. I remember that thing going for $50+ at one point, so I guess $25 isn't too bad. I bought 4 of those sws.com 3 packs and didn't get the variant :(

gsr-jedi
07-20-2005, 10:13 AM

Man, I wish I had one of those AOTC clones. The only place I've seen it is on ebay, and it tends to end fairly high.

don't forget about the copper tinted Chewie that came with the Clone Wars vol. 2 trade paperback, also there is a variant Princess Leia from series 1

I ended up paying about $25 shipped for my AOTC clone, and I will be mad if they release a blue variant in series 4.

How does everyone display their bust-ups? I was thinking of building a case something like this.
http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/1703/bustupcase4zk.th.jpg (http://img288.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bustupcase4zk.jpg)
But when I figure out the dimensions for each slot, the whole thing ends up being like 25"x40", but doesn't leave any space for future releases

This is how I've got them now, and they really need to be re-organized
[img=http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/619/img00541bk.th.jpg] (http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00541bk.jpg)
[img=http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2906/img00538sk.th.jpg] (http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00538sk.jpg)
[img=http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4496/img00529oh.th.jpg] (http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00529oh.jpg)

Deoxyribonucleic
07-20-2005, 12:21 PM
GSR...they look pretty damn good to me! Nice collection you got going there! :)

TatooineQueenPLJ
07-20-2005, 02:21 PM
I saw somewhere that they were planning a ROTS set w/ an Anakin in his hood looking very evil and Obi-Wan.

Any idea when these are coming out?

Jayspawn
07-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Thats Series 4, its scheduled for October. GentleGiantltd.com has some great pictures.

Reefer Shark
07-20-2005, 10:46 PM
don't forget about the copper tinted Chewie that came with the Clone Wars vol. 2 trade paperback, also there is a variant Princess Leia from series 1

I ended up paying about $25 shipped for my AOTC clone, and I will be mad if they release a blue variant in series 4.

How does everyone display their bust-ups? I was thinking of building a case something like this.
http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/1703/bustupcase4zk.th.jpg (http://img288.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bustupcase4zk.jpg)
But when I figure out the dimensions for each slot, the whole thing ends up being like 25"x40", but doesn't leave any space for future releases

This is how I've got them now, and they really need to be re-organized
[img=http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/619/img00541bk.th.jpg] (http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00541bk.jpg)
[img=http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2906/img00538sk.th.jpg] (http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00538sk.jpg)
[img=http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4496/img00529oh.th.jpg] (http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00529oh.jpg)

Cool stuff gsr-jedi!

Sith Lord 0498
07-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Thats Series 4, its scheduled for October. GentleGiantltd.com has some great pictures.

Last I heard, Series 4 was scheduled for August with Series 5 following in December.

Turbowars
08-07-2005, 05:43 PM
I was looking on EE site and they have the new Simpson's bust ups. The description says how many of each figures are in the case. Now why the hell doesn't GG tell us what's in the case of SW bust ups?:frus:

Jayspawn
08-07-2005, 07:58 PM
GG needs to do everything they can to sell the Simpsons Bust-Ups.

The ROTS Bust-Ups should be out in October.

2-1B
08-13-2005, 08:36 PM
So they are finally going to get rid of that goofy random packing of the Bust-Ups and move on to putting the character on the box, eh ? ;) That's what the GG guy told me last week and I was delighted to hear that !

I bought a bunch more of these last week at Wizard Chicago and would you believe I pulled THREE Zuckuss ? :rolleyes: I did manage to land 3 different Stormies, which was cool but then again I also dropped $17 on the Stormie Army Builder pack, so that was redundant of me . . . I don't really want 6 of these, just the 3 different ones. I opened the Builder Pack from the bottom just to be sure I didn't have a Black one in there, which I don't, so I think I'll probably sell or trade it down the line.

Hey 'Ox, I picked up a stack of those posters too, aren't they awesome ? ? ? :)
I figured I would grab extras and offer them to anybody on SSG who wants one . . . but I don't know if anyone would want them bad enough to pay for the cost of a tube and postage, but in case anybody wants one (or several) just let me know. :)

Zuckuss:whip:

Jayspawn
08-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah I'm glad that GG is going to show you which character you're going to get on the box. Especially since I'm getting everyone in the next wave.

Reefer Shark
11-01-2005, 01:18 AM
I stumbled across a box of series 4 at Hot Topic tonight. I bought a set, and 1 extra clone in hopes for the variant (it wasnt :cry: ). No more blind boxes, but also no more little windows in the bottom corner.

Pretty damn cool! The sculpts are awesome as usual, and the paint is good, but GG is starting to get a little sloppy with the details. My Grevious's eyes are horrible, and Yodas are off too.

I'm thinking Anakin is my favorite one, I'd love to see a regular mini bust of this sculpt. Sidious is really great too!

Jayspawn
11-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the update Reefer Shark! I'm actually looking forward to this wave of Bust-Ups. I'm especially excited about the Emperor. I saw it at CIII and had to have one!

I'm glad they did away with the blind boxes.

Jayspawn
11-07-2005, 10:59 PM
SWS.com has the Series 4 Bust-Ups IN STOCK! But its a case, so you'll get a bunch!

Jayspawn
11-08-2005, 10:09 AM
And if I remember corectly, a fellow from Gentle Giant told me at Celebration III that the Clone Bust-Ups would have a randomly packaged color version! I'm gonna head my Hot Topic later today and see if they got em in!

Jayspawn
11-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Thought I'd post a quick pick of these addictive little guys....

Jayspawn
11-10-2005, 05:02 PM
A new Hot Topic just opened at a nearby mall and I went to the opening today. They had a few nifty along with 1 set of Series 4 Bust-Ups. I picked up the Darth Sidious and got a few pictures for those on the lookout...

JimJamBonds
11-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Cool, I forgot all about that little guy. :)

figrin bran
11-11-2005, 12:29 AM
i picked up the yoda and clone (along with a simpsons bust up which turned out to be maggie and kang) tonight and would've bought the rest of the set but i used up all my cash when i picked up a red guard at kb.

BlueSnags
11-11-2005, 10:19 AM
And if I remember corectly, a fellow from Gentle Giant told me at Celebration III that the Clone Bust-Ups would have a randomly packaged color version! I'm gonna head my Hot Topic later today and see if they got em in!

Has anyone found/confirmed the color version yet? I picked up two clones the other day, and got both troopers (small rifle and big rifle) but they were both white.

gsr-jedi
11-12-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm pretty sure the Clones in series 4 will be white. SWS has 2 separate 4-packs of ROTS Clones; one of the sets is battle-damaged. They include a white clone, Utapau Clone, 501st Clone, & a Coruscant (grey) Clone. The 4-packs are $20 each.

figrin bran
11-14-2005, 01:08 AM
i didn't find any bust ups at my local hot topic. however i lucked into a sith eyes anakin at a local comic book store. i also got grievous and reefer shark is correct, GG is starting to get a bit sloppy with the paint apps.

BlueSnags
11-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey, did everyone see the new Cantina series bust-ups? They are sweet! With this wave and the upcoming Hoth wave, GG is really kicking butt.

Turbowars
11-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey, did everyone see the new Cantina series bust-ups? They are sweet! With this wave and the upcoming Hoth wave, GG is really kicking butt.Yeah, I just saw them. Snags looks Cool! I still need the last 2 waves to be up to date. Where can I find these things?

figrin bran
11-15-2005, 09:49 PM
that cantina wave looks awesome! i'm definitely going to buy a few of the figrin dans!

turbo, if you don't mind driving to glendale, i can tell you where to pick up the ROTS wave from for 4.99 each.

Turbowars
11-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Please do tell.:yes:

Jayspawn
11-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Hot Topic, Media Play, Sam Goody, Suncoast are a few of the stores that sell them.

The Cantina wave looks cool. I'll probably get Ben. The Han looks a lot better than the one we got in Series 1.

figrin bran
12-25-2005, 12:22 AM
i picked up Luke, AT AT Driver and Snowtrooper from wave 5 today so be on the lookout for these things.

Jayspawn
12-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Where did you get them figrin bran?

Reefer Shark
12-25-2005, 11:30 PM
I picked up a set at a comic shop on Friday.

A couple tiny paint mishaps here and there (don't like this new trend with bust-ups btw...), otherwise they are awesome! I like how they all have a ice base. The Snowtrooper and AT-At drivers are my favorites, but unfortunately mine both have paint issues on the helmets.. Very minor issues, but enough to be noticed. The Wampa is cool too, but he seems too small. I don't think he is in scale with the others.

I got a couple variants too, clear/blue Luke and Wampa. Not too crazy about the variants, I actually went back to the store to get the regular versions of those two.

Jayspawn
12-26-2005, 12:28 PM
I picked up the Wampa and AT-AT Drover Bust-Ups at Suncoast today! The Wampa is sweet! Dont care if he's not to scale. These arnt action figures so I dont care. And I got the ice-clear variant on the AT-AT Driver which is cool but I wanted the color version. But its all good.

mm74md
12-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Got my set at Suncoast as well. I love their $4.99 pricepoint there. The comic shops in my area charge $6/$7 each for these. These have to be my favorite set so far mainly since they are so well painted.

What is the color version of the AT-AT driver? I thought the only variant was Vader?

Jayspawn
12-27-2005, 06:46 PM
I recently bought and recieved a Master Replicas Trio Mini display case for their scaled replicas. And I was able to put several Bust-Ups in there as well. I was able to fit Darth Maul, Vader, Palpatine, Dooku, a Stormtrooper, and Boba & Jango Fett. Basically, if you collected them all, you could fit an entire series in a case. And it looks nice too!

Jayspawn
12-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Apparently there is an icy-clear varient of every figure. Rebelscum has a picture of the set. I wonder what the Cantina Wave varients are going to be.

Sith Lord 0498
12-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Apparently there is an icy-clear varient of every figure. Rebelscum has a picture of the set. I wonder what the Cantina Wave varients are going to be.

Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have "intoxicated" face sculpt variants... :cross-eye

Reefer Shark
12-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have "intoxicated" face sculpt variants... :cross-eye

That would be a lot better than this clear plastic crap we're getting right now. :rolleyes:

Sith Lord 0498
12-30-2005, 05:54 AM
That would be a lot better than this clear plastic crap we're getting right now. :rolleyes:

I agree with you there. I happened to get the "ice" Vader variant, and it looks horrible next to the regular edition. Granted, they made him too scrawny looking (it's supposed to be the ESB version for pete's sake!!!), but there is a significant loss of detail when the paint app is missing. Plus, I really don't want to be able to see the interlocking pieces inside the thing. Part of what makes Bust-Ups look is that they typically looking like one solid piece when fully assembled.

Jayspawn
12-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Yeah I prefer the colored versions. I'm gonna start checking the Bust-Ups before I buy them.

Sith Lord 0498
12-31-2005, 11:31 AM
It's funny how addicting these bust-ups can become. When I bought my first bust-up, I wasn't very thrilled with them and thought they weren't worth it. Then Series 2 came out, and I was hooked after seeing Vader and Sidious. While I agree there are too many variants and tend to avoid them, I've built up quite a large collection of them. I don't have all of them...I tend to only buy the ones I like...but it's still amazing that Gentle Giant has released so many of them in a year's time.

To date, here are the Bust-Ups I own:

Series 1 - Rebel Alliance
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Princess Leia (outstretched arms)
Yoda
C-3PO

Series 2 - Sith Lords and Empire
Darth Vader (both version)
Darth Maul (one-handed saber grip)
Darth Sidious
Stormtrooper
Royal Guard

Series 3 - Bounty Hunters
Jango Fett
Boba Fett

Series 4 - Revenge of the Sith
Anakin Skywalker (Sith eyes variant)
Darth Sidious
Obi-Wan Kenobi
General Grievous
Yoda
Clonetrooper (firing blaster pose)

Series 5 - Battle of Hoth
Wampa
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader (regular and "ice" variant)
AT-AT Driver
Snowtrooper

Simpsons Series 1
Bart the Raven
Count Burns
Devil Flanders

Jayspawn
12-31-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm passing on the Simpsons Bust-Ups. They dont have much demand right now and theres too much out there to get already.

Sith Lord 0498
12-31-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm passing on the Simpsons Bust-Ups. They dont have much demand right now and theres too much out there to get already.

They are also an extra dollar each. It's probably because they come packaged in a very sturdy plastic coffin due to it being the "Treehouse of Horror" series. Still, they looked too good to pass up, and they're a decent size. That Homer and Bart bust-up is exactly the same height as the VOTC Chewbacca figure!!

Deoxyribonucleic
01-01-2006, 01:21 PM
I picked up series 5 day before yesterday plus I picked up a stormtrooper one at a toy show yesterday. Caesar sent me Zuckuss not long ago and these lil guys are really addicting. :yes:

K M Toydarian
01-04-2006, 01:18 AM
I just don't understand why they keep making "clear" versions. I accept a few here and there, but each of the Hoth wave in "ice"? Do people care? They are so detailed with paint, but look like a bubble gum machine toy without.
Picked up 4 of 6 at Suncoast taday, no Wampa or Vader and got an icy Snowtrooper. It was also the only one, so I couldn't try for a real one.
I don't mind the variants that make sense, different guns/arms, sith eyes Ani, stuff like that, because you at least get a comparable figure, but the clear ATAT driver... WHY?!?
Does anyone know, in a case assortment, is there one of each clear, are they random, or truly "rare"?
Now I am ****ed I have to buy another trooper. At least the stormtroopers, and colne variants I could still display, but I don't even want this thing!

jedi master sal
01-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Not only did I get a set of the Clean Clone Bust-Ups from EE, they sent a nifty (and FREE) mousepad with the AOTC clone builder pack figs as the photo on the pad!

Clones I got in this set were:
Blue-blaster
Orange-rifle
Grey-rifle
White-blaster

No Gree...

But wait!!! read below:

Boo-ya! I received the two battle damaged sets I ordered from shopstarwars.com.
Same clones but battle damaged EXCEPT I GOT A GREE!!!
Gree replaced the white battle damaged one in one of the sets.

YES, I'm freakin' ecstatic! I didn't think I had a snowball's chance in hell of getting this chase outside of eBay!

Anyone else get their sets yet? Get Gree?

-Sal

BlueSnags
01-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know, in a case assortment, is there one of each clear, are they random, or truly "rare"?
Now I am ****ed I have to buy another trooper. At least the stormtroopers, and colne variants I could still display, but I don't even want this thing!

I bought a case from EE and there are two "ice" variants per case. I got an ice snowtrooper and an ice Han. The rest of the case is just regular figures. I have a few extras of the "regular" versions if anyone wants to trade (don't really like the "ice" versions either, but I really want a complete set). Turbowars is going to buy one of my extra sets from me. That still leaves me with extras...

Here's my trading list:

Have: 2x AT-AT Drivers, 1x Luke, 1x Wampa, 1x Vader. I also have an extra Ceremonial Luke from wave 1, and a couple of extra Bounty Hunters from wave 3 (don't remember which ones off the top of my head, but I could check if anyone's interested).

Want: Ice Wampa, Ice Luke, Ice AT-AT Driver, Ice Vader, + Any figures from Wave 2

BlueSnags
01-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Anyone else get their sets yet? Get Gree?
-Sal

Congrats, Sal! My battle damaged Clones from SWS.com came with a Gree. Which version of Gree did you get? Mine is the "long rifle" version.

jedi master sal
01-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Congrats, Sal! My battle damaged Clones from SWS.com came with a Gree. Which version of Gree did you get? Mine is the "long rifle" version.

I got the blaster version.

I wonder if either of those is even more rare than the other. Gawd, I hope not...

I want both versions, but am dang happy just to have the one.

Jayspawn
01-04-2006, 11:13 PM
All the ROTS Bust-Ups seem to have been snatched up from my area stores who usually carry them. I might have to order a set from online.

I didnt notice the Gree until I started seeing some people's collections. Interesting find in a box thats supposed to have a while Clone Trooper in it.

K M Toydarian
01-11-2006, 01:46 AM
On two seperate occasions found and bought the only Snowtrooper bust up from the bunch and BOTH were Ice versions. WHY???
Each time there were a few Han, Luke and ATAT drivers. 1st trip bought the only Snowtrooper. Bought Wampa on a different trip - no snowtroopers. 3rd trip had 2 Wampa (bought 1 -regular) and a regular Darth, only 1 Snowtrooper.
Is the Snowtrooper just that popular? And is he more common as a variant?
Was able to get the 3 from Suncoast though at buy 2 get 1 free. But how many Snowtroopers do I have to find before I get a regular 1?
Also...Is the Darth flame base Variant for real? Looking at the regular 1 I could see how it would look cool, but I don't care at all for the "Ice" variants.

Jayspawn
01-11-2006, 01:03 PM
My Suncoast only got in 1 of each character. I think someone who works there snatched them up.

lukesky27
01-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Got an AT-AT Driver and Snowtrooper because those were the two that I wanted. LOVE the AT-AT Driver, but I got the "ice" Snowtrooper and I was a little unhappy. I went back to Sam Goody to try to find the regular version and the one box that they had only had a Wampa left in it. DANG!

I am just hoping that they get more in soon so I can the regular version.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-12-2006, 01:49 PM
the wampa bust up is pretty damn cool actually! It's huge and heavy and sculpted very well!

I guess I got lucky cuz I bought the entire set (that's how my local comics shop was selling them) and didn't get one "ice" version...thank the maker! :yes:

mm74md
01-12-2006, 03:47 PM
the wampa bust up is pretty damn cool actually! It's huge and heavy and sculpted very well!

I agree...the Wampa is one of my favorites of the entire line

Sith Lord 0498
01-13-2006, 05:50 AM
The quality of the Bust-Ups just gets better and better with each subsequent wave.

Shifting topic a little bit, I'd love to see the following ones done this year:

Chancellor Palpatine
Mace Windu
Qui-Gon Jinn
Clonetrooper (AOTC)
Scout Trooper (w/ camoflague variant)
Republic Gunship pilot
ARC-170 Pilot
TIE Fighter Pilot
Jedi Masters/Knights (Fisto, Secura, Tiin, Plo, etc.)

Jayspawn
01-13-2006, 10:10 AM
I Jedi Knights Wave of Bust-Ups would be sweet!

BlueSnags
01-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Picked up the Clone Wars Graphic Novel tonight at Borders - the one with the Variant "Amber" Chewbacca. Anyone else get this?

Jayspawn
01-20-2006, 12:14 AM
I saw it. But I'm not into the graphic novels. I certainly didnt want the set just to get the Chewie Bust-Up. But it was very cool looking. The regular Chewie is cool anyways.

BlueSnags
01-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Check out this link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6598485798&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I want a BH Stormie, but not at that price. Crazy. Do any of you SSGers have one of these guys?

lukesky27
01-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Dear GOD that is just crazy stupid!

No way I would pay that for a Bust-up!! Sorry, not gonna happen.

I bought a couple of the bounty hunter set looking for Dengar and 4-Lom.

I am not sure why...but, I did not find those. I have two extra Boba Fetts and an extra Bossk! DANG, the luck on these things.

D.

K M Toydarian
01-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Check out this link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6598485798&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I want a BH Stormie, but not at that price. Crazy. Do any of you SSGers have one of these guys?
That is rediculous! For that price one could buy 10 sets and hope for a shadow trooper!
Was this only available randomly from ShopStarWars.com dirty set, or is it a possibile to pull one from the clean sets sold elsewhere.

figrin bran
02-03-2006, 11:07 AM
apparently GG is releasing a boxed set of the bounty hunters http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/GGbountyhunters-tn.jpg

i would like the IG-88 and i never got a dengar or hoth vader so i might consider getting it.

BlueSnags
02-03-2006, 11:21 AM
apparently GG is releasing a boxed set of the bounty hunters http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/GGbountyhunters-tn.jpg

i would like the IG-88 and i never got a dengar or hoth vader so i might consider getting it.

That sucks. GG is screwing it's most loyal fans (the ones who bought every bust-up) by making them buy a bunch of rehashes just to get the IG-88 and the new Fett. That said, if I can get the set at a decent price (under $30), I might bite. We'll see.

Sith Lord 0498
02-03-2006, 09:09 PM
That sucks. GG is screwing it's most loyal fans (the ones who bought every bust-up) by making them buy a bunch of rehashes just to get the IG-88 and the new Fett. That said, if I can get the set at a decent price (under $30), I might bite. We'll see.

I don't see it as "screwing its most loyal fans"--at least not yet. It's entirely likely that IG-88 and Fett will be released individually at some point.

I for one will be buying this set because I missed out on all of Series 3 except Boba and Jango...so this whole set will be new for me.

Turbowars
02-03-2006, 10:09 PM
GG doesn't release these bust-ups by themselves very often. I was kind of mad that IG wasn't in the 1st Bounty Hunter wave. So how many Bust ups were release individually? The Blue Clone, and Silver Fett and they were exclusives. Not happy about this at all.

Turbowars
02-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Dudes check this out Someone over at RS said this about the Bounty Hunter Bust Ups. Made me laugh because it's just so true.:yes:

"Looks to me like GG is suffering from Rehashbroitus.Maybe they caught it from them at one of the conventions. I do recall one of them was sick at Celebration 3 - hmmmmmm"

Jayspawn
02-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Haha. I'll get Boba Fett and probably pass on the rest.

Turbowars
02-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Haha. I'll get Boba Fett and probably pass on the rest.How will you do that without buying the whole set?

jedi master sal
02-05-2006, 05:52 AM
How will you do that without buying the whole set?

Actually I think the best way to do this is to buy the whole set, then set up "Buy It Now" auctions on eBay for the ones you don't want. That gives other collectors who missed the other ones the first time around a chance to get some at a fair price.

Notice I did say "Buy It Now." I think people full well know there's an opportunity to make money off of extras. To me that's scalpng and I won't do it. I'm not looking to screw over my fellow collector.

I only want the Vader, Boba and IG-88.

If anyone wants the other 4, let me know and we can split the case. If you might be interested in just one or a couple of my extras, LMK (by PM) and we'll work something out.

-Sal

Deoxyribonucleic
02-05-2006, 01:38 PM
I missed this set first time around except for zuckuss so I'll definitely be picking it up.

Lord Malakite
02-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm currently looking for some Bust-Up pictures (of the actual Busts themselves) to add to Collection Station's database if you guys don't mind helping.

These are the Bust-Ups I'm having trouble finding pics for:

Single Packs

Clone Trooper Lieutenant (Toy Fair 2004)
Silver Jango Fett (San Diego Comic-Con 2005)
"100th Bust-Up" Boba Fett (gold "Lucasfilm Exclusive" variant)
Series 5: Darth Vader ("Ice" chase variant)
Series 5: Hoth Han Solo ("Ice" chase variant)
Series 5: Hoth Luke Skywalker ("Ice" chase variant)
Series 5: AT-AT Driver ("Ice" chase variant)
Series 5: Snowtrooper ("Ice" chase variant)
Series 5: Wampa ("Ice" chase variant)
Series 7: General Grievous ("White Armor" chase variant)

Box Sets (mainly looking for "group shots", but "individual shots" are also welcome)

Spirit of the Rebellion ("Glow-In-The-Dark" chase variant)
AOTC Clone Trooper Army Builder Set ("SWS.com Exclusive" Battle Damaged Armor variant)
Mos Eisley Cantina Band ("Chrome Instrument" chase variant)
Sasee Tinn & Clone Trooper Army ("Helmetless Tinn" chase variant)
Stormtrooper Army Builder Set (multiple sets needed - see below)
ROTS Clone Trooper Army Builder Set (multiple sets needed - see below)

These box sets have so many variants possible that it'll be easier to just list the individual Bust-Ups needed to make the "group shots" I'm looking for. Good news is you don't necessarily need to own all the "variant" box sets to have all the Bust-Ups that make the shots I need. The notes listed below the box sets should help in getting the "group shots" I need for that particular variant box set without you actually needing to own it.

Stormtrooper Army Builder Set

Stormtrooper (Blaster Pointed Forward in Both Hands), Stormtrooper (Blaster Pointed Up in One Hand), Stormtrooper (Rifle Pointed Forward in Both Hands)
Blackhole Stormtrooper (Blaster Pointed Forward in Both Hands), Stormtrooper (Blaster Pointed Up in One Hand), Stormtrooper (Rifle Pointed Forward in Both Hands)
Stormtrooper (Blaster Pointed Forward in Both Hands), Blackhole Stormtrooper (Blaster Pointed Up in One Hand), Stormtrooper (Rifle Pointed Forward in Both Hands)
Stormtrooper (Blaster Pointed Forward in Both Hands), Stormtrooper (Blaster Pointed Up in One Hand), Blackhole Stormtrooper (Rifle Pointed Forward in Both Hands)

Please note that the 3 normal Stormtroopers in this set are identical to the 3 variants released in the Series 2 Single Packs.

ROTS Clone Trooper Army Builder Set (Clean Armor variant sets)

501st Clone (clean armor, blaster), "white" Clone (clean armor, blaster), Utapau Clone (clean armor, rifle) and Coruscant Clone (clean armor, rifle)
501st Clone (clean armor, blaster), Commander Gree (blaster), Utapau Clone (clean armor, rifle) and Coruscant Clone (clean armor, rifle)
501st Clone (clean armor, rifle), "white" Clone (clean armor, rifle), Utapau Clone (clean armor, blaster) and Coruscant Clone (clean armor, blaster)
501st Clone (clean armor, rifle), Commander Gree (rifle), Utapau Clone (clean armor, blaster) and Coruscant Clone (clean armor, blaster)

ROTS Clone Trooper Army Builder Set ("SWS.com Exclusive" Battle Damaged Armor variant sets)

501st Clone (damaged armor, blaster), "white" Clone (damaged armor, blaster), Utapau Clone (damaged armor, rifle) and Coruscant Clone (damaged armor, rifle)
501st Clone (damaged armor, blaster), Commander Gree (blaster), Utapau Clone (damaged armor, rifle) and Coruscant Clone (damaged armor, rifle)
501st Clone (damaged armor, rifle), "white" Clone (damaged armor, rifle), Utapau Clone (damaged armor, blaster) and Coruscant Clone (damaged armor, blaster)
501st Clone (damaged armor, rifle), Commander Gree (rifle), Utapau Clone (damaged armor, blaster) and Coruscant Clone (damaged armor, blaster)

Please note that there is only 2 variants (a rifle holding variant and a blaster holding variant) of the Commander Gree Bust-Up. The "clean armor" and "battle damage" variation doesn't affect him.