PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Figures and Stands Don't Fit!?!?!?

Val Da Car
07-07-2005, 11:25 PM
I have several of the Clone Troopers, Commanders, Bacara and with all of them their foot holes are too shallow for any of them to use clear stands.

This bytes since some (most) of the figures can't stand on their own.

Should I break out the Dremel and deepen some foot holes?

Luuuuuuke
07-08-2005, 12:52 AM
I think the Dremel may be a good idea. I've had the same problem, but also with royal guards. I use the stand for Jedis and Sith lords. I don't bother with the clones for the reason you mentioned and because I don't have enough stands for all of them--and some would look conspicuously taller than the rest if they were on stands.
Bacara really needs a stand sometimes. My other commanders stand really well, as well as my SA troopers. My quick draw troopers are more prone to fall.

Sentinel18725
07-08-2005, 01:05 AM
I was a little disappointed with the "Mustafar" stand for the Chopper Droid, which "fits" with the operating table. Yea, it fits but looks horrible. Also, the table is up too high. Not quite the same as your complaint, but related.

DarkArtist
07-08-2005, 10:38 AM
I have yet to have this problem. All the stands fit the footpegs and with the exception of the battle droid I don't have a problem standing any of my figures up without a stand.
The only figure that doesn't stand too well is my elphant man but that's because he is just too heavy. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-08-2005, 07:06 PM
I have several of the Clone Troopers, Commanders, Bacara and with all of them their foot holes are too shallow for any of them to use clear stands.

This bytes since some (most) of the figures can't stand on their own.

Should I break out the Dremel and deepen some foot holes?

I had this same problem with my Bacara and it really ****ed me off. I was trying to make him stand on an OTC stand and he kept falling over everytime someone opened the bedroom door.

I used a 1/8" drill bit to deepen the hole but it was slightly too wide to give a snug fit. I used a 1/16" on the other foot and kind of moved it around to widen the deeper hole. This worked well enough to keep the figure on its feet.

I have a VOTC Boba Fett with filled in pegholes to try now.

Luuuuuuke
07-09-2005, 12:41 AM
The late Johnnie Cochran said it best, "If da figure don't fit, you must drill it.":stupid: