PDA

View Full Version : Wave 3 Micro Vehicles sets found!

JediTricks
07-08-2005, 05:08 AM
First off, the wave 3 Micro Vehicles sets were discussed in the thread about the playsets, starting with this post.

Now, as for the sets themselves, I saw all 3 of them today at Target in North Hollywood, CA. The paint work is a little better than the previous waves, but nothing outstanding, and the minifigs are still "ugh" quality. The vehicles aren't bad and I'm not sure if the JSFs are based on the Titanium Series version or not because these seemed sleeker (Obi-Wan's has wings down, Anakin's has wings up, neither are movable). One thing that struck me was how small the ARC-170 was though, it could nearly pass as a Micro Machine.

Anyway, these waves have moved way better than I expected, which should tell Hasbro something about getting more/better product out there. They sport the Micro Machines and Galoob logos on the back, so hopefully this is a turn towards that.

AndyW
07-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Can't believe nobody has replied to your post JT, isn't anyone excited?

Did you pick them up or pass JT? I'm sure Britcit will be getting these (he gets EVERYTHING ;)), so maybe we'll see some pictures soon. I'm interested in them, even if they are just Titanium molds in plastic.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 01:31 PM
These are the Target exclusives or Titaniums?

AndyW
07-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I presumed he's talking about the plastic micro-line vehicles. Are they exclusives then? I had no idea.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Yes, they are exclusive to Target

Jangu Fett
07-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Any idea if Hasbro will show any new micro sets at SDCC? I can only find 1 photo of micros from the show, so far. And thats just the 3rd wave. GH is saying there will be more micros released but thats it. Anyone here know anything more. I know these aren't as good as Galoob's, but it's all we got. For now.

AndyW
07-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Found a picture of them guys, on an ebay auction.

I think they look pretty nice, I'm certainly going to try and find some way of getting them, I'm just such a sucker for any mirco ships.

JediTricks
07-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Can't believe nobody has replied to your post JT, isn't anyone excited?

Did you pick them up or pass JT? I'm sure Britcit will be getting these (he gets EVERYTHING ;)), so maybe we'll see some pictures soon. I'm interested in them, even if they are just Titanium molds in plastic.
I am pretty broke, and I have half the vehicles already (yellow JSF, AT-RT, Droid Tri-Fighter) and the other half are either not big enough (ARC-170); come with something I already have and don't want again (BARC Speeder comes with AT-RT); or something I already have but in a different paintjob and with the wings permanently clipped (Obi-Wan's closed-winged JSF). The JSFs do appear to be new designs separate from the Titaniums, but I could be wrong and they're not THAT good - I see I already mentioned that though. :p Ultimately, the materials they're using on Micro Vehicles hasn't been good enough IMO, the plastic is too translucent and the paints are too thin or sloppy.

Micro Vehicles are the plastic line that's exclusive to Target.

Jangu, I'd suggest checking the SSG coverage, but I have only seen new Titaniums as well, no new Micro Vehicles. There's another thread up about whether or not this line is dead. But you know that since you've already posted there. ;)

AndyW
07-17-2005, 06:07 PM
JT, or anyone in the know, how much do these retail for? And I wasn't putting you on the spot ("why didn't you buy them JT, why, why, why?" ;)), but its nice to hear your thoughts as always.

Toying with the idea of going for a set off ebay, but only if they are a reasonable price.

JediTricks
07-17-2005, 06:43 PM
They're uh... $6 or $7, I think. I bought the only Micro Vehicles set I own with a discount.

vulcantouch
07-17-2005, 09:49 PM
-not so; see below :)
as much as i currently got on my plate i prolly shouldn't say this, but it'd be a pleasure to help get us-xclusive items this cool'd into the hands of you foriegn collectors- certainly more enjoyable than, for example, trafficking in some of the goofy Crap the dispensation of dee's estate's got me sloshin knee-deep in :crazed:

jt: "moved way better than I expected"
-indeed; if the 1st 2 waves, crappy as they were, sold this well, this well-done 3rd wave might not last long; i bagged all 3 of these yesterday for srp ($7 each btw, andy) in case i won't be able to find em on sale like i want :greedy:

"plastic is too translucent and the paints are too thin or sloppy"
-a verdict which applies much more to the 1st 2 waves than this one!

"JSFs. . . not THAT good"
-you're right, they're Better; their detailing's superior to titanium jsf :cool:

"I have half the vehicles already (yellow JSF, AT-RT, Droid Tri-Fighter"
-yeah but these versions are Cooler (see below) so if you have to take yer titans of those 3 back for a refund to afford these you should do so :D

"come with something I already have and don't want again"
-b'jr or someone here might want leftovers you didn't; just a thot :)

"paint work is a little better than the previous waves, but nothing outstanding"
-oh? while i haven't opened them yet i say these are the closest hasbutt's come to the coolness of mm ships in Years :cool:
atrt has superior detail to- and will replace- the "titanium" version of same i'd gotten. same goes for tri-fi which could Pass for an mm, and should look great flite-stick-swoopin alongside my b5 nhc :) barc and arc-170 look a-ok, tho i still think latter design shoulda gone thru 5-10 more revisions b4 gettin off the drawin board, it looks half-baked, too wacky, unproportioned and indecisive re all the features they threw in :p as for jedifighters: barring additional format options i'll likely keep the obiwan version and the titanium version of anakin's but not the microcoll version of latter. that way i'll get 2 different molds and 2 different paintschemes of this ship :) but as i still ain't opened my titanikin fighter, can anyone lmk if inside surface of its opening wings (and the hull surfaces doing so reveals) has detailing similar to that on the microcoll anaship?
vt

Kidhuman
07-18-2005, 12:18 AM
They are 6.99 each where I am at. So thats probably the price round the states.

AndyW
07-18-2005, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the price check guys :)

Theres a couple of auctions selling them for $7-10 at the moment, but thats all with low or no bids, none on buy it auctions.

VT, interesting that you liked them, I love the look of them from the crappy pics I've seen but was a little disheartened to hear JT didn't think much of them.

Kidhuman
07-18-2005, 12:01 PM
They arent all that much. The paint jobs are sloppy and they dont look right. Kind of like they melted.

DarkArtist
07-26-2005, 02:22 PM
I just picked up all three sets todayfor about $6 a pop. I like these but yes the figures are two big and the fact that the wings on the arc and JSF are fixed they still are pretty cool. I love the BARC speeder. I only wish there were display stands for them. :)

britcit3
07-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Hello

Got mine today...........

and.............

(I know that this is not the general feeling of the people on this board)......

I love them!!

They're Star Wars, they're micros & they're plastic!!

Especially like Obi's starfighter.

BC3

britcit3
07-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Size comparison pics with Titaniums (the titaniums are the large ones on the right).

Plus the reverse evolution of the Imperial Shuttle.

BC3

JediTricks
07-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Nice work BC3, I didn't realize they weren't based off the same molds (the ARC, Droid Tri, and the JSF), great photos. :)

SWAFMAN
07-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks for pix BC3! It seems there is a big difference in the level and quality of detail in both mold and paint among the various titaniums. It confuses and irritates me that one titanium (starfighter, for example) can be relatively well done, and another (tri-fighter, and a few others) can be decent but not quite up to par with the others in some aspects of paint or detail. To be fair, most of these I've seen have been from online pix, but I did see a few on the pegs at my local Wal Mart a while back. Even the ones that I'd thought looked great online were inconsistent from package to package in-person, as far as paint. :frus: :rolleyes: :ermm: :dis:

vulcantouch
07-29-2005, 12:05 PM
ah who cares, so long as We think so ;)

"Especially like Obi's"
-can you elaborate why? i ain't opened mine yet (in case i can score cheaper/paintjobs i like even better) :)

kh: "paint jobs are sloppy and they dont look right. Kind of like they melted"
-hmm, maybe you got a bad batch? but do you like the titaniums better?

andy: "disheartened to hear JT didn't think much of them"
jt: "didn't realize they weren't based off the same molds"
-so is that a retraction, jt? ;)
vt

JediTricks
07-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Not a retraction at all. My original comments were based on how these looked to me on their own merits, not on any comparison. I never said they were BAD per se, just that I wasn't overly impressed with them and the paint & materials Hasbro used were not worthy.

vulcantouch
11-17-2005, 11:47 AM
haven't seen this mentioned yet, so: in the course of my glorious freewave3 baggin (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=440539&postcount=984) i've spotted 2 variants of note:
-the barcspeederider is sometimes painted white, other times painted olive w/maroon wash
-the anijsf is sometimes molded in a straight, green-tinged gray plastic, while other times this plastic has a metallic tint. also, occasionally this is combined with an absence of the weathering spots on the yellow sections -which is good, since the spots look like the ship's covered in bug turds :p
vt

shinakuma43
11-17-2005, 02:31 PM
VT, if you still have extras of them I'd gladly take 1 of each and pay the shipping. Is it just wave 3? I don;t have wave 1 or 2 either, I never picked any of them up since I didn;t want to spend 6.99 each, but for just a shipping charge I'd love to take them. The variations you mentioned would be good too if you have extras as well : ) LMK.

Thanks,
S43

vulcantouch
11-17-2005, 11:41 PM
-there are others present- according to jt, they're wave 1- but they're so crappy & redundant we consider them beneath us to traffick in or go after :p so wave 3s are the only ones we're gathering.
as indicated in huntthred, i'm afraid our free+shipping offer's intended for foreigners who have zero access to target- otherwise my fellow tightwad yanks'd clean bj'r out of all his xtras, and you know he does like his xtras (http://r2toyforce.net/sabretooth.htm) :crazed: however, if you go to targ and pick up/ask for a few copies of "the toy book" coupon insert (sent out w/newspapers acoupla sundays ago, but stores carry plenty too), you might be able to duplicate our success for yerself :) it sez 1 coupon per customer/purchase but they've enforced that on only 1 of our dozen-plus trips thru targ chekouts. offer xpires day b4 thanxgiving, so get on it & let us know how you do :)
vt

shinakuma43
11-18-2005, 01:15 PM
VT, if you have extras left after all the non Americans get them I'd gladly take one of each. The Targets around here pretty much suck and they only have the Landspeeder/Sandcrawler set, I saw the wave 3 sets once and that was it. Like I said though they aren't too important to me, they weren;t worth 6.99 per set, but just paying shipping is what makes me want them.

Later,
S43

vulcantouch
11-19-2005, 01:09 PM
-try em again, maybe you'll git lucky (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=440971&postcount=992) :D
vt