PDA

View Full Version : basic figure 2-packs

JediTricks
07-08-2005, 04:22 AM
Saw these at TRU tonight, dunno how much they were as I didn't scan them. They were ROTS basic figures, none over #40 definitely, probably not over #32 but I didn't check too hard. They're 2 single basic cards clamshelled at the top holding them side-by-side, and they have the "Mega Value" red circle sticker that other older-product 2packs from Hasbro have gotten - the Transformers line had a lot of these recently, TRU has a bunch in fact. If these SW basics hold true to the way the Transformers ones were, they'll probably be the price of 1 basic or perhaps a buck more, they'll be randomly packed singles together, and the cards will have their UPCs taped over.

CaptainSolo1138
07-08-2005, 06:49 AM
Perhaps TRU is finally trying to get rid of this crap. There's alot of E3 figures I still want, if the price is right. I can't justify paying full price for some of that garbage, but if it's attached to a decent figure (a Chopper attached to Ki-Adi perhaps) I'll spend the extra buck.

figrin bran
07-08-2005, 11:01 AM
on another site, i saw a photo of one of these 2 packs with an AT-TE gunner + Bail supposedly for 8.97. if there are jedi 2 packs, i'm definitely interested as i've been wanting to pick up some to make customs with.

Fluke Skywalker
07-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Didn't KayBee do something similar with their AOTC figures a few years back? If these are a few bucks less than the original retail value for these solo, it would be worth a peek-see next time I'm at TRU. Assuming they pack together some decent figures.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Didn't KayBee do something similar with their AOTC figures a few years back? If these are a few bucks less than the original retail value for these solo, it would be worth a peek-see next time I'm at TRU. Assuming they pack together some decent figures.

They did four packs with the individual cards held together by a large piece of cardboard sandwich with holes cut out for the bubbles. I think they ended up going for less than $5 but they were mainly Orns, the black Mos Eisley Cantina bounty hunter, Taun We, and Red Royal Guard and/or Endor Raid Han.

figrin bran
07-08-2005, 10:51 PM
i found these at my local TRU tonight. they are 8.97 per 2 pack and are by no means tamper proof. i found one where a figure had been pulled out, leaving only a lone Bail Organa. i also found one where someone put 2 Ki-Adi's together - definitely tampered with!

the legitimate pairings i found were:

Agen Kolar/Shaak Ti
Agen Kolar/Mas Amedda
Plo Koon/Saesee Tinn
Luminara/Ki-Adi
Polis Massan/Chopper Droid

Blackened88
07-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Any clone 2 packs?

Kidhuman
07-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Sounds very familar to the KB AOTC 4-packs

Slicker
07-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Is there any sort of order to the packings or is just 2 random figures packed together?

Kidhuman
07-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Probably just the pegwarmers getting packed up

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Hmm, I'll have to check this out. I'm still missing several figures so this might be a good way to save a couple of bucks.

Fluke Skywalker
07-11-2005, 06:23 AM
I can't remember where, but I saw some pics of these somewhere yesterday and one of the sets clearly had the elusive AT-TE Gunner. I couldn't tell what the other figure was, but at least this promotion includes one army builder and one that I know many seemed to have trouble finding the first time around.

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 10:53 AM
if they prehaps decide to start packing Jedi together, Ill be sold on these!

jedi master sal
07-11-2005, 12:00 PM
if they prehaps decide to start packing Jedi together, Ill be sold on these!

They have.

I saw these Friday night. (Sorry it took so long to post) Anyway, here are the combos that I saw:
Saesee Tiin/Plo Koon
Agen Kolar/Shaak Ti
Ki-Adi Mundi/(IIRC) Luminara Unduli

So there's three sets of nothing but Jedi!

Come to think about it, I don't recall seeing anything but these three assortments. So they could just all be 2 packs of Jedi. BTW, the plastic that covers the cards makes it IMPOSSIBLE to switch figures. It was funny when I got there (TRU) I saw a boy and his mom trying to switch the figs out. I'd guess the boy to be about 9-11. I was surprised to see the mom helping him and gave her an odd look. When she noticed, she quickly shuffled her son off to some other part of the store. Anyway, I did a quick jiggle myself for the heck of it. (No I wouldn't switch figs. Anyone who knows me knows I wouldn't do that, but I just had to see if it was possible.) Besides, that's how I'm able to report what I have reported.

Blackened88
07-11-2005, 10:21 PM
There were about 10 cases that just came off the truck in my ToysRUs and 38 comes with Bail Organa, there was also a droid, I think 39 or something like that. These sets are about one two pack per case and 6 different two packs.

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 10:52 PM
They have.

I saw these Friday night. (Sorry it took so long to post) Anyway, here are the combos that I saw:
Saesee Tiin/Plo Koon
Agen Kolar/Shaak Ti
Ki-Adi Mundi/(IIRC) Luminara Unduli

So there's three sets of nothing but Jedi!

Come to think about it, I don't recall seeing anything but these three assortments. So they could just all be 2 packs of Jedi. BTW, the plastic that covers the cards makes it IMPOSSIBLE to switch figures. It was funny when I got there (TRU) I saw a boy and his mom trying to switch the figs out. I'd guess the boy to be about 9-11. I was surprised to see the mom helping him and gave her an odd look. When she noticed, she quickly shuffled her son off to some other part of the store. Anyway, I did a quick jiggle myself for the heck of it. (No I wouldn't switch figs. Anyone who knows me knows I wouldn't do that, but I just had to see if it was possible.) Besides, that's how I'm able to report what I have reported.

I will be picking up the Jedi then for sure. You can remove them from the special packaging, correct?

jedi master sal
07-12-2005, 09:23 AM
I will be picking up the Jedi then for sure. You can remove them from the special packaging, correct?

Of course they can be removed from the package. Though watch the back of the cards if you are trying to keep them nice. You can just simply cut the outer plastic (the binding "MEGA" figure plastic) away from the cards and have two carded figs. Only thing is, there's a big sticker over the UPCs of both figs.

-Sal

ROTJLuke
07-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info, Ill possibly stop by a local TRU after work tonite...

Blackened88
07-12-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm so p**sed, today while I was working in ToysRUs I see this one guy going through all of the figs crazy like so I ask him if he needs help finding anything, the guy said Invisible Women and they didn't have any so I left the guy. About a hour later I see the going to the cash register with abunch of rare figs like the 38 Clone 2 pack and tons of other rare stuff in his arms, the guy was a scalper and that really p*ssed me off. This guy could be the reason why I can never find 38 or anything good in my area. :mad: I wish I could do something about it so that he can't scalp in my ToysRUs anymore and give other people a chance.

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 11:55 AM
EDITED FOR LANGUAGE I got the Ki-Adi Mundi/(IIRC) Luminara Unduli 2 pack, and I picked up an Agen Kolar too. Im please with these, its a great way to save money on two great figs!

Mandalorian Candidat
07-18-2005, 11:34 AM
I bought a couple of these to open, well mainly cause I wanted some more figure stands, and ran across the AT-TE gunner. I can't remember which one it was paired with but it wasn't worth it to me to get the set, since I already have a few of the gunners.

They're pretty easy to remove from the overpackage without ruining the cards and you can put them back in as they were displayed originally. One figure has a new UPC sticker over the individual UPC and the other has a sticker saying something like "not for individual sale." I peeled them off pretty easily cause I needed them for that Burger King/Galactic Heroes promotion. I don't recommend anyone doing this and returning other ones to the store, but it can be done so I know some people will start to do it.

waboritas
07-18-2005, 03:27 PM
That is how BJs packaged them. I got the Anakin #2 and R2D2 at BJs and I didn't want another R2D2 so I took it back to Target and used a receipt from there to get a credit. Since this is mostly pegwarmers that TRU has, we shouldn't see people returning them. If anything, they may move as these are pretty decent army builders for $9.