PDA

View Full Version : And a little more knowledge might light our way

JimJamBonds
07-08-2005, 11:34 AM
I've never 'gotten' that line by Yoda. The first time I saw ROTS I figured that Yoda was saying that when him and Obi-Wan go back to the Temple they will duck into the archives and look at some old scrolls or something. But we see none of this, I know in the novel Vader takes some Sith holocrams (sp?) could that be the knowledge they seek? It seems that Yoda knows who killed those Padawan's (at least when he saw the saber marks he knew) but Obi needed to see it on video to belive it so that doesn't seem to be the knowledge Yoda speaks of. My other thought was the two of them would go to the archives and dig up some info. on how to transform yourself, this would be the 'ultimate knowledge' since they could continue to fight even if they are dead. I don't know that line has always bugged me. :confused:

Pendo
07-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Maybe he refers to knowledge of what caused the clones to turn on the Jedi?

PENDO!

darko666
07-08-2005, 12:12 PM
they go to the temple to stop the transmission for the Jedi to return to the temple. yoda and Obi are trying to prevent other Jedi from getting slaughtered. i don't think yoda even knows how to become one with the force only until he speaks with Qui-Gon. i know there is a deleted scene in the movie with Yoda and Obi talking when they are in the archive room in the temple. i'm sure it will be added when the dvd comes out. it probally has some interesting dialouge, that would have been useful for the intial release of the film.

JimJamBonds
07-08-2005, 12:13 PM
I did a little digging apparently this was the shooting script...

OBI-WAN: Have we had any contact from the Temple?

YODA: Received a coded retreat message, we have.

BAIL ORGANA: It requests all Jedi to return to the Temple. It says that the war is over . . .

OBI-WAN: Well, then we must go back! If there are other stragglers, they will fall into the trap and be killed.

BAIL ORGANA: It's too dangerous to return.

YODA: Suggest dismantling the coded signal, do you?

OBI-WAN: Yes, Master. There is too much at stake here, and we need a clearer picture of what has happened.

YODA: I agree. In a dark place we find ourselves ... a little more knowledge might light our way.

That does make more sense then how it was shown in the film. I think its interesting that Bail says its too dangerous to go back, I wonder if he was including himself with the Jedi? If so where/what would he do?

kool-aid killer
07-08-2005, 12:44 PM
I think Bail meant to say that it was too danerous for them to go back, the clones werent after him and so far had no knowledge of his assisting Obi and Yoda. I took the line to mean that the Jedi were to go and see what they could discover, like who killed the other Jedi and if they took anything from the Temple. Basically a fact finding mission to help them figure out what exactly happened.

vader68
07-08-2005, 01:17 PM
I agree with Kool-aid killer, the line was simply stating that they could go back and try to find out who was behind the Jedi being killed and why the clones turned on them. Although I think Yoda already knew, he wanted Obi wan to see it for himself.