PDA

View Full Version : Production Painting from Art of AOTC

Lord Tenebrous
01-14-2002, 12:37 PM
This is a glimpse of what's going on outside the "Arena battle" :)

Co Jo-Da
01-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Well I don't know if this is from Episode II but it definitely looks awesome. It looks more like a book cover if you ask me…

mabudonicus
01-14-2002, 05:13 PM
Yep, even a cursory glance reveals the book-cover origins of this bit- it could be a what-if style of pic, but the fact that AOTC is emblazoned above such a grim picture gives even more evidence of the production taking its cues from ESB. This picture makes me want to go to sleep until mid may sometime. It doesn't seem fashionable to be a fan who's excited about AOTC(probably because of the betrayal represented by TPM) but darn it, I'm losing the dispassionate facade at an alarming rate now!! Wooooo!!! AOTC will ROCK!!

Jargo
01-14-2002, 05:14 PM
that's why the attachment is labelled AOTCBOOK. :p

It's from the art of atack of the clones released on April 22nd. It was listed on amazon.co.uk. Pre-orders being accepted right now apparently.

Looks pretty cool. love the crashed federation droid control ship in the background. And is it just me or do the clonetroopers helmets look more rounded than the pics we've seen leaked? I know it's just production art here but the leaked pics showed the helmet to be physically impossible to wear. The sides of the helmet were cut away so much there was no way a human head could have got inside. Possibly the leaked pics showed a maquette prototype design and this art is closer to the real thing - more rounded and squat, more like a stormtrooper helmet.

Jargo
01-14-2002, 05:20 PM
A bigger view...

GNT
01-14-2002, 09:52 PM
I saw the same thing,It looks pretty interesting though,I hope we get to see it you hear me george?

bigbarada
01-14-2002, 10:17 PM
Oooooh, very nice! It's gets me all warm and fuzzy inside. I think that's excitement about the movie creeping back in. This may be the first Star Wars movie in history that I consider to be more interesting than the action figures.

Jedi Clint
01-14-2002, 10:29 PM
Sweet!!! They take down a droid control ship! The end battle appears immense in scale.......bigger than I had previously imagined. My initial reaction to this picture was simply "Wow". :)

Co Jo-Da
01-15-2002, 12:43 PM
If the End Battle looks like this (and I hope it does), it would prove a theory in a another thread about Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi leading a team of Jedi's to take over a Trade Federation Droid Control Ship. Man if this pans out, I'll be a very happy camper...

It just looks and sounds better and better...

JEDIpartner
01-15-2002, 02:10 PM
this production painting completely rocks the hiz-ouse!!!! I really am quite excited about this film, more so for the potential content of it than I was for TPM. If we get to see anything REMOTELY resembling this scene in the film, I will feel so completely redeemed for not hating TPM and thinking it was a stepping stone to greater things to come. If you want to see how I feel about the action figures, go check the posts above! :o It will be nice to see the eve of destruction of the Republic as it stood in TPM!

Jargo
01-15-2002, 04:17 PM
There's also this piece of artwork first posted on a dutch or german website I think. It's supposedly for the same book jacket but possibly this was just the mock up art. It's not very detailed I'm afraid cuz it was so small and from a magazine or newspaper article. Anyway, here's the other cover with the hangar and a few troopers and a droid fighter in walk mode...... :)

Co Jo-Da
01-18-2002, 01:59 AM
The leaked script sections reveal that the CloneTrooper's land outside the Geonosis Arena and work they're way in, meanwhile a team of Jedi's storm two Federation Droid Control Ship's that where on the ground before the battle began… Just like in the first picture, MAN THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD…

Unit-01
02-02-2002, 03:29 PM
http://galactic-voyage.com/images/Episode%20II/The%20Art%20of%20AOTC%20Cover.jpg

Jargo
02-02-2002, 03:34 PM
Yeah, it is very cool, but we covered it a while back already. see -

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=31209#post31209

What goes around comes around eh? :)

Jek Porky 2002
02-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Nice! What are they attacking?

Jargo
02-02-2002, 03:48 PM
did you read the thread I posted the link to Jek? it's the remains of the droid control ship that the Jedi take out at some point - allegedly.....

the clones will be attacking either the battle droids or the geonosians themselves but most likely the battle droids and super battle droids and destroyer droids and beasties and whoever else george throws in. I'm hoping to see cameos from all the muppets. Animal would be wicked in a fight, so would sweetums. How about Waldorf and Stadtler in the senate, or Sam Eagle as supreme chancellors senatorial aide in place of Mas Amedda. Hey, i think i stumbled onto the genesis of Mas Amedda here.... :crazed:

GNT
02-02-2002, 09:21 PM
I hope this scene is in the movie,There probably fighting Battle Droids,Super Battle droids and destroyers :)

Unit-01
02-02-2002, 09:34 PM
It looks like they are the "good guys". If there is way more to it, please warn because I don't wanna know.

bigbarada
02-02-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Unit-01
It looks like they are the "good guys". If there is way more to it, please warn because I don't wanna know.

If you don't want to know then the Spoilers section is probably not for you.;)

Co Jo-Da
02-02-2002, 11:03 PM
One thing I want to see confirmed is Yoda leading the CloneTroopers into battle...

2-1B
02-03-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
One thing I want to see confirmed is Yoda leading the CloneTroopers into battle...

Me too! I have heard that Yoda is referred to as General Yoda by a clonetrooper, but I would like confirmation. :)

General Veers
02-03-2002, 04:45 PM
Cool pictures! That is going to be one cool battle!:D