PDA

View Full Version : Which figures should be included in the new OTC?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Rebelscum says that this new line will have figures from all six films, but will be on the OTC cards (sans the OTC name and logo). So I guess it's really Saga 2.0. I'm willing to bet that many of the figures will be repacks, so which ones should they be? Also, what new figures from each movie do you want (that you think we'd actually get, besides VOTC)?

The Phantom Menace
*Qui-Gon Jinn (Naboo) (EI)
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi) (POTJ) with blue lightsaber and no cloak
*Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine) (EI)
*Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion) (POTJ)
*Jar Jar Binks (EI)
*Darth Maul (Masters of the Darkside, HOF, etc) (POTJ, etc)
*Battle Droid (Separatist Army) (ROTS)
*NEW Destroyer Droid with shield

Attack of the Clones
*Anakin Skywalker (Hangar Duel) (Saga)
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Acklay Battle) (Saga)
*Yoda (Jedi Master) (Saga)
*Jango Fett (Final Battle) (Saga)
*Count Dooku (Sith Lord) (ROTS)
*Clone Trooper (Super Poseable) (CW)
*Super Battle Droid (Saga)
*NEW Mace Windu in cloak
*NEW Padmé (fireplace/dinner)

Revenge of the Sith
*Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack) (ROTS)
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack) (ROTS)
*Palpatine (Lightsaber Attack) (ROTS)
*General Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack) (ROTS)
*Grievous's Bodyguard (Battle Attack) (ROTS)
*Clone Trooper (Super Articulation) (ROTS) available with different colors
*NEW Commander Cody
*NEW Owen Lars
*NEW Beru Lars with Luke
*NEW Queen of Alderaan with Leia
*NEW Padmé (nightgown)

A New Hope
*Luke Skywalker (HOF)
*Han Solo (OTC) . . . dare I say it?
*Princess Leia (Commtech)
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (OTC)
*Darth Vader (Masters of the Darkside, OTC, etc)
*C-3PO (OTC)
*R2-D2 (OTC)
*Chewbacca (Wookiee Rage) (ROTS)
*Stormtrooper (OTC)

The Empire Strikes Back
*Luke Skywalker (OTC Bespin)
*Han Solo (Bespin Capture) (POTJ)
*Princess Leia (Bespin Escape) (POTJ)
*Darth Vader (OTC Hoth)
*Lando Calrissian (Bespin Escape) (POTJ)
*Yoda (OTC)
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (OTC spirit)
*Snowtrooper (OTC)

Return of the Jedi
*Luke Skywalker (OTC Jedi)
*Princess Leia (OTC bikini)
*Han Solo in Carbonite Block (POTF)
*Darth Vader with removable helmet (POTF) without eyebrows
*Lando Calrissian (OTC skiff guard)
*Emperor Palpatine with force lightning (POTF)
*Wicket (OTC)
*Biker Scout (OTC)
*NEW Spirit Anakin (similar to Obi-Wan)
*NEW Spirit Yoda (similar to Obi-Wan)

ROTJLuke
07-08-2005, 03:08 PM
I hope we arent going to see that many repacks, that would really p*ss me off and would make 06 not so great...I want to see all new resculpts, Im expecting a huge year for us collectors...

spang2005
07-08-2005, 04:00 PM
I really liked the Gold Leader Figure, so I'd like to see more pilots. Some guys from Yavin like a new Biggs w/ removable helmet, Red Leader, and some of the Y-Wing pilots. From ESB, I'd like a Janson, Zev, and Hobbie.

DarkArtist
07-08-2005, 04:59 PM
I think we will see all figures that have come before and perhaps some new but I doubt we will see new sculpts of the classic characters or even some of the core prequel characters. Perhaps we will see some versions of core figures in new outfit, perhaps finally a decent Mustafar Vader with yellow eyes and ****ed off look. :)

Darth Alex
07-09-2005, 02:23 AM
Is anyone at Hasbro, do you think, reading this and realizing that this list would keep SW at the top of fans lists?
Great list...I'd buy most of these, especially if they were VOTC style.
While we're at it, there are repeated calls for figures like Ree-Yess, Prune Face, EU, etc that people can't get for a cheap price.
At this point a recarding of those figes with a paint touch-up would probably drive UP the value of the originals, not DOWN as some may think.
I hope your list is a premonition of what's to come.
A Biker Scout, VOTC-style, in clean, shot, dirty/beat-up and deluxe with accurate handled speeder bike with clear levitation stand would ALL sell loads.
A rebel spy in Biker Scout outfit would sell loads.
Here's to hoping....

ROTJLuke
07-09-2005, 04:14 PM
If anything, if its all repacks, then I doubt that Ill be getting a whole lot...you all know which one I wanna see, but I doubt well get that...heres to wishful thinking tho :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm just saying, if it's anything like the other OTC, it's going to be mostly main characters and they'll mostly be repacks. Hopefully not, but if they are, those are just the choices I'd make. I for one don't want another Tatooine Luke or plain R2-D2 so if they're repacks, the collectors don't have to buy the same characters and kids can get whatever they want.

I'd like to change some of the figure selections, though . . .
*Replace Grievous with NEW General Grievous (Separatist Leader) - correct scale, correct cape (one clasp, not two), wrist grappling hook, and split-apart arms
*Replace cantina Han with NEW Han Solo (Throne Room Ceremony) - with his collar tucked in under his vest and a medal that actually fits . . . they can then make . . .
*NEW Lando Calrissian (Smuggler's Gear) - Lando's collar was also tucked in when he was wearing Han's clothes, so they can just repaint the skin on Han and give him a Lando head to make a long-awaited figure.

ROTJLuke
07-10-2005, 01:39 PM
I really hope that they kick out 10 new sculpts of core characters in their first release, along with 15 rehash. However, I would like to see rehash characters from everywhere, not just the normal carded line. I would like repacks from multipacks, exclusives (holo leia/emperor, stormtrooper Han (if they dont do a resculpt) etc.) We need resculpts, and I dont want all rehash again, its disheartning...