PDA

View Full Version : New stock, re-stock N.O.W.

Darth Alex
07-09-2005, 02:17 AM
Whoever is reading this at Hasbro,
you have a BIGGGGGGGG problem on your hands.

A lot of people on this and other SW fan sites are getting really miffed at the fact that new stuff has stopped trickling out after the April flood.
To make matters worse, the news of the Unleased shrinkage and the death of the 12" line are gonna lose people NOW.

You gained a lot of credit lost on the Saga and Clone Wars lines.
NOW is the time to capitalize for the fans.
You picked up a LOT of new and re-energized toy buyers and collectors this Spring and now that ROTS is gonna pass off POTC as the #9 US highest grossing film of all time, you have folks all over the great 48 and the world LOOKING RIGHT NOW THIS VERY WEEKEND FOR SW TOYS THEY CAN'T FIND!
Christmas is ahead. The 11/8/05 release of the ROTS dvd is ahead. The release of Clone Wars Season 2 is ahead this year.

RIGHT NOW...what is Hasbro doing to satisfy fans other than cheesing them off?

Titanium Wave 1 and 3
Unleased Wave 2
ROTS figures #45-46-47-48-49-50
ROTS figures #51-52-53-54-55-56
Battle packs
Evolutions
Build your own lightsaber kit
Wookie Helicopter
Plo Koon (soon-to-be-exclusive???) Starfighter
Obi-Wan Starfighter #2
Holographic Leia(SWshop this....!)

You can have $$$ FLOWING in RIGHT NOW THIS WEEKEND if only this stuff showed up at retailers all over EARTH and also ONLINE, be it big, small, or ebay stores.

If you snooze, you're gonna lose fans.
Don't restart the Downward Spiral.

Have a good showing of the next ROTS, pre 2006 Saga/OTC/VOTC style 12 next week, show us those exclusive plans, SHOW US the clone packs.

But before you do that---get this thing restocked and new stocked NOW.

'Nuff said.

Kidhuman
07-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Agreed, you have a good thing going right now. The last thing I want is a repeat of the 03 drought and then every figure being re-released for those who missed out. I still am missing a few figures from that year. You need to stay on the ball.

mastermatt24
07-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Somebody needs to reem 'em at CC and make them look really bad.. maybe then they will start to think. They are gonna start losing people because no one can find squat. Alex is totaly right- they should be capitalizng on this right now.. :rolleyes: If they put it out people will buy it..

Jayspawn
07-10-2005, 11:00 AM
I agree as well. We could have a major drought coming up if Hasbro doesnt keep dishing out the merchandise. Things are getting dry in stores as it is. If the product doesnt keep moving stores will loose interest.

ROTJLuke
07-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Also agreed, it is getting dry around here...

mastermatt24
07-10-2005, 05:30 PM
And what on earth do they have to lose by making their product avaliable??? :confused:

DarkArtist
07-12-2005, 07:57 AM
I don't think Hasbro is the problem with the lack of product on the current shelves these days. the problem lies with the actual stores. All of the stores are still reeling from the lack of sales of the previous lines and some still have POTJ on their pegs. I went to TRU yesterday because that is when they restock- I asked my friend if they got any of the new star wars figures and he said they had six cases of the stuff sitting in the back. I asked if I could get a couple or even look to see what ones they have. He brought out a case and opened it to reveal, POTJ bespin guard wave. Another case opened held the saga qui gon wave.. the only sith case he had held the first wave of preview figures to be released.
Target by my only was the neimodian warrior on their shelves. walmart is tied with having the warrior and the wookie warrior as well as one polis massan and about a dozen of the mas amedda. Stores are just not stocking anymore and not buying anymore.
I think it is because the cases cost money the mark-ups help to make a profit and if the case doesn;t sell the figures go on clearence and the store loses some of it's profit.
This is why Hasbro needs to make on online store where people have the chance t buy the product on the website without having to hunt from store to store searching for an elusive AT-TE Gunner or a Tarkin.
Yes i hate the fact that the stores are sleeping on the product and that hasbro's case assortments suck, but we are the silent voice here. unless a hasbro rep is really reading these posts and listening to us the people buying the product I'm afraid that this will continue till 2018 when the line is finally laid to rest.

Darth Alex
07-14-2005, 01:13 AM
I read your post DarkArtist and I'm afraid that it really doesn't matter anymore WHAT gets stocked.
After looking at the GH.com photos of the fall stuff, I'm out.
I'm tired of the repacks.
I'm tired of the resculpts.
I could rant on and on, but it's pointless.
While you have some good points, it doesn't change the fact that new figures and a steady flow of stock where in the example of Walmart stock is mostly all gone is just not happening. And I'm not waiting anymore.
I found the Anakin Evolutions pack at a Kmart today(Wikes-Barre, PA) and I give up. Horrible paint job, eyes look NASTY, poor use of cloth, lousy, lousy,lousy. Ep2 Anakin is a joke, Ep3 is OK but I don't need another to add to the 6 or so I have already, and that Vader is a mess.
That's it. They(Hasbro) wanna take our cash, give us junk, and make it hard to FIND to BOOT...well, I've had enough.
This time, Master Replicas will get a little of my $$$...Sideshow when I see how great the 12" line will be.
But Hasbro...you blew it. Go recard another 1997 figure that needs a resculpt. Don't give us a Cloud car. Ignore the last needed modern carded vintage line figures.
I don't need another economics lesson from Hasbro. Game over.
'Nuff said.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Well Darth ALex, I feel your pain with the repacks, but I actually like it. I have spent so much money recently it gives me a chance to kick back and relax, before the onslaught of new stuff in 06. Hasbro does need to stop the repacks, but I actually welcome them this time around.

Jayspawn
07-14-2005, 09:05 AM
I also think that sometimes its the stores themselves...

For example, Toys 'R' Us. Great store but is also the most stingy!!! Mine has STACKS of 12" VOTC Lukes priced at a full $30. And nobody is buying them because everyone who wants to pay that much for them already have one. Its gonna be another few years before they clearence them out. They also have several SAGA Chancellor Palpatine's. Still a great figure but it came out 2+ years ago! What are they waiting for? Out with the old and in with the new! Target is always on the ball about clearencing product and bringing in the new.

Darth Alex
07-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Re: Northeastern/Central PA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
There were only three Vaders on the shelf. Random customer bought one, and Darth Alex grabbed the other two--one for him and one for me b/c I'm too lazy to get off my *** and go at a reasonable hour!!! (j/k - I was at work)

It's actually a pretty decent figure. Maybe $14.99 would be a better price though. Cool thing is that the top part of packaging is a very sturdy plastic and snaps into place so it's easy to save and use.

Sithbaker, e-mail me sometime if you want to see my KFC Anakin custom.

Originally posted 6/30...now it's 7/18.
I have never seen the 500th Vader except that one time.
When is Hasbro and retail gonna pump these out.
It's like the bad old days, when the 300th Fett and the Sith Lords 2 pack 3 3/4" were impossible to find....

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HASBRO?
You are losing BIG $$$ every week and EVERY WEEKEND you don't get new stuff and restocks out to the shelves.
Put out the ROTS Clone Gunship for the 3 3/4" figures again-you'd make a mint.

But this...500th Vader...Evolutions....Wv2 Unleashed(Ventress Wave)...you're dropping the ball.

Come on, it's not 1999.....

Darth Alex
07-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Well Darth ALex, I feel your pain with the repacks, but I actually like it. I have spent so much money recently it gives me a chance to kick back and relax, before the onslaught of new stuff in 06. Hasbro does need to stop the repacks, but I actually welcome them this time around.

I'm not gonna front-
some of em, I'll grab like I'm going to the chair.
Camo clone? White Bodyguard? SIGN ME UP....

But...well....I eat my frustration after seeing the Wave themes for 2006.
Boushh(sic) will be tops on my list....:crazed: