PDA

View Full Version : New Clone Troopers

evenflow
07-09-2005, 11:29 AM
According to Galactic hunter new paint jobs on the already released clones will be making their way into upcoming assortments. They have pics of a red one of #6 and green of the Clone Commander.

spang2005
07-09-2005, 11:50 AM
I really hope this is for real and not just some good customs. The green commander doent make much sense to me, but it looks cool. I'll need some luck finding these as I havent seen a clone around these parts in about a month. I swear there's army builders all over the place down here.

Kidhuman
07-09-2005, 12:26 PM
If anyting these will be announced at SDCC if not a custom job.

Luuuuuuke
07-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Here's a link to those clone troopers:

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4629&zoneid=2

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2005, 01:41 PM
That Commander Thire figure is slick! I'll definitely be getting that.

As for the green commander . . . it would've been better if they simply made it yellow for Commander Bly, so he could go with the Evolutions trooper, but of course not . . . Oh well, he's still pretty cool.

LTBasker
07-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Hopefully the #41 Clone that will be packed into the same case with these is done in blue. That would be really really nice, except for the fact the clones are 1 per case in that assortment...

It's gonna be a bloodbath.

spang2005
07-09-2005, 02:24 PM
That case assortment is bull. I wish we could get a case that's entirely clones.

bearauto
07-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Bloodbath indeed.

Val Da Car
07-09-2005, 02:41 PM
I am in for it.....I can't wait for this....singles stink but oh well.

finally opening my #41 figures....

Darth Cruel
07-09-2005, 02:42 PM
No surprise that they would choose to use the sculpt with the gimmick to make the variations. I also hope that they color the #41 Clones and remove the battle damage.

Tycho
07-09-2005, 02:45 PM
That case assortment is bull. I wish we could get a case that's entirely clones.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CASE ASSORTMENT:

1) Grievous #9 is no where on the racks (4 lightsaber attack) and really wanted by kids.

2) Emperor Palpatine with Force lightning always sold well.

3) Darth Vader # 11 is NEVER on the racks and will sell really, really well.

4) Obi-Wan Pilot is all new #56 and will also sell.

5) TurboTank Driver is all new and should also sell. It is not the Kashyyk infantry man, but some may army build with him and use him that way until Hasbro repaints a bikerscout later to get more money out of us.

6) Bacara is selling fast as it is now.

7) Clone 6 repainted as a shocktrooper will move!

8) Clone Commander in green? I suspect kids will buy this as a curiosity, as will completists or people impatient for Commander Gree who is way different but yet unavailable.

These cases will clear and stores will sell through them fast. If they keep clearing fast, stores automatic computers will order more so long as they don't choke on Bail Organas they already have. However, if the 41's are repainted as 501's, Bail may sell to those wanting to recreate that historic scene at the Jedi Temple, despite the fact that it is the wrong outfit for Bail.

I think the only thing I didn't see in the case that might've been useful was Anakin. This is a good assortment. The worst problem with the case is that some will buy the whole thing outright and it will never hit the pegs.

I'm going to get 4-8 Shocktroopers myself.

bearauto
07-09-2005, 02:57 PM
You know guys, the #6 figure ain't so bad...it's pretty darn poseable, even with the gimmick!

spang2005
07-09-2005, 03:00 PM
It's not that the figures are bad, but it's the ratios that tend to bother me. One each of the new figures and only one of each clone while we're getting four figures (one third of the case) from the 4/2 wave.

Battle Droid
07-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Oh joy, more figures I won't be able to find. :mad:

Clonetrooper1131
07-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Commander Thire figure is pretty neat. I don't know about the green Clone Commander though. I was hoping for some of the Clones on Kashyyyk..

PS
Does anyone know when these will be out?? :confused:

mastermatt24
07-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Oh joy, more figures I won't be able to find. :mad:
EXACTLY! :frus:

ROTJLuke
07-09-2005, 07:37 PM
thats what Ive been saying, but if you look hard enough on eBay you can get um pretty cheap compared to the other buy it now 19.99 + 9.99 shipping...I think Ill have a better time finding these than I did finding Tarkin and Ani

Blackened88
07-09-2005, 08:45 PM
No surprise that they would choose to use the sculpt with the gimmick to make the variations. I also hope that they color the #41 Clones and remove the battle damage.

Same here! :( Its not that #6 is bad but #41s better, and the shoulders on #6 are terrible.

Umbra
07-09-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm going to get 4-8 Shocktroopers myself.

Any chance you can wait on that till I can pick up 1 >> I have a hard enough time beating collectors as it is.

Anyway for the person who asks when this is due out, Entertainment Earth listed that it was expected in September

Luuuuuuke
07-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Any chance you can wait on that till I can pick up 1 >> I have a hard enough time beating collectors as it is.

Oh, and you're going to pick up only 1 when fortune shines upon you?:D

These ratios make everyone edgy, myself included.

mastermatt24
07-09-2005, 10:20 PM
After thinking about it awhile I decieded that I could care less if I ever find these. Heck I already have my own schock trooper..
( http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/?action=view&current=4fd3b290.jpg )

Umbra
07-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Oh, and you're going to pick up only 1 when fortune shines upon you?:D

These ratios make everyone edgy, myself included.

Actually yes, i dont have either the funds or the space for most of this line, let alone multiples

spang2005
07-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I just thought of something. If these varients count as part of Hasbro's 12 "new" figures to be unveiled at Comic-Con, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Blackened88
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
I just thought of something. If these varients count as part of Hasbro's 12 "new" figures to be unveiled at Comic-Con, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

I really don't think these would be apart of those 12 new figs, atleast I hope.

Tycho
07-10-2005, 02:49 AM
They wouldn't leave them numbered at #6 and 33 respectively if they counted towards the 12, I'd guess. I hope I'm right.

Umbra, not sure if you're in San Diego, and thus whether I'd affect you or not with my purchases.

If I stumble on 8 cases one day, I'll buy 8 (are these 1 per case?).

If I leave any behind that I don't need, they could be bought by someone who will throw them up on e-Bay.

If I want another collector like you to get them, I'll let one of the 5 other guys I collect with buy them from me for exactly what they paid for them. In other words, if it doesn't languish on my bank debit report for too long, I'd buy 24 of these in one outing, and then call my friends and let 2 of them get 8 apiece themselves, or whatever - because I know they are collectors and they won't scalp these.

Once I have as many as I want for my scenes, I'll stay out of the store until a new wave hits. If Hasbro packed this case as well as it appears they did, there will be no problem selling my leavings, like Darth Vader #11, etc. that never pegwarms himself.

So if you are not a 7:45am shopper, and you DO shop at my store, you won't have to worry about me buying all the Clones that store gets.

By the way...I may only buy 4 of these instead of 8:

Palpatine vs. Yoda, there were 4 on the Senate car as Mas Ameeda says "Then he's not dead!" I may "revise the scene" and put the Red Clone Commander #33 in charge of the new clones - party because I love that figure and he wasn't in the movie, but he's red, and this way I can use him.

Palpatine finding the remains of Anakin on Mustafar - there were only 2 of them immediately with Palpatine. Again, I might use a red clone Commander #33 in this scene because I like that figure.

I save over $22 this way as well I think, because 8 of them will cost me over $45 I think...

Umbra
07-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Not in San Diego so i guess I'm safe from you, still I must admit i was rather shocked when i came to the forums to see people buying up to 116 clones, no wonder i can't find any.

Tycho
07-10-2005, 03:26 AM
Well, many of us want to recreate the movie (exactly) with the toys.

What you see on the screen is what we'll completely wipe out our wallet over. I'm not sure how everyone does it, but I'm getting to be a well-paid professional out of college, and I have no kids and am technically single (never been married and my girlfriend doesn't live with me). I can drop something like $3-400 a month on Star Wars (IF there's product).

Even if you can spend that amount, it doesn't go that far and doesn't leave you room to buy Code3, MasterReplicas, Lego, and all the other stuff that's out there...Attikus, Kobytikuto (however you spell it), etc.

I'm really out of room in my place and am saving and preparing to buy a large house to display all my stuff in (besides it being a good investment anyway).

But I still have to save money and can't afford to buy off e-Bay or order Armies from Brian's Toys, etc. and when I go into the store at 7 in the morning, there are quite a few Hot Wheels collectors who will run to Star Wars if they don't find anything and buy up the SW figures and trade them for Hot Wheels or sell them on e-Bay if someone from SW is not there to represent.

So I leave nothing behind me in my wake as long as any of my local friends need some figures. After that, I don't even go back to the store until something new is out. I like my sleep.

Meanwhile, if you go and meet people who are also buying Star Wars in your stores, you can form your own little collecting club, trade phone numbers, and get help finding what you want.

We have probably almost a dozen Wal-Marts and Targets within 30 minutes or less of a drive from where I live, plus 5 Toys R Us stores.

Our group just splits it up and we each have assigned stores that are closest to where each of us lives. It takes me probably only 7 minutes to get to my Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU.

I can hit the 8 o'clock Wal-Mart, be at Target by 8:10 if I find nothing (and thus don't have to go through the checkout) and if I want to, I can drive to another Target / Wal-Mart mall (my choice out of 5 more, all which I can reach before 8:45 at the latest depending upon traffic.

With the saturation, there's not even enough Hot Wheels guys out there to offer me that much competition. I can find stores that no one goes to at that time (sometimes).

I've also become friendly with managers and employees who actually will phone me when they get stuff in - and then they hold it for me until I pick it up. Usually only 1 of anything - like the Vader 500 figure - they said "no" when I asked if I could have the whole box of them. But I was the first one they called and I got to pick mine out of a brand new full case of them. - I called up the other guys to meet me down there so they could get theirs for themselves. Everyone remembers when the Boba Fett 300 came out and I bought the whole case and while each of us got 2, it made people who saw me mad because they thought I was buying 12 for myself. My store managers know Mike, James, Darren, Tony, Dexter, and me - so when I got those Fett 300's, they told me that "the guys" had each reached their limit - and it was up to me to get them their Fetts. I proved myself trustworthy and did not put 10 Fetts up on e-Bay or something - all my friends that were supposed to get them, got them. But like I said, some customers were mad that I had a whole case held for me and I got to buy them. This time they made the guys individually come in and get their Vaders. That's better for me though. I don't like worrying about everyone paying me back THAT much money....

Luuuuuuke
07-10-2005, 01:22 PM
They really shouldn't hold anything for anybody if they did their job right. But more power to whoever can get them to do it. I would be pretty sore if I knew an employee was routinely holding stuff for the Toy Luck Club, but I think that's just a natural reaction just about anyone would have.
For the most part I've been able to find the limited stuff I've wanted to get without having to schmooze with employees and become their children's godfather. But time will tell.

Tycho
07-10-2005, 03:22 PM
They're merchandisers providing a service by having a store where they sell things people (us) want to buy.

How many times have you been overwhelmed by a salesman when walking into an electronic store who seems to instinctively "know" you need about 150 more high-definition channels?

Instead, isn't it a nice place to shop when the merchant asks you "What Star Wars figures do you need today?" and then goes and gets them for you. (if he or she can).

I'd answer "4 Utopau Warriors, 3 Jett Zukasas, 2 Captain Antilles, 6 Obi-Wan Kenobis, 2 Turbo Tank Drivers, 2 Mustafar Sentries." I won't get that, but it would be nice if I got 1 of each of them at the time, even if they are holding others for their other regular customers. It builds a relationship as I've been shopping at my toy locations for over 10 years. They know me by name, and also exactly what wave I'm looking for.

In my line of work, my relationships with some employees literally means I helped them buy (or refinance) their homes. So you might say I helped them more than they've ever helped me. Some of the managers make enough $$ that I can help them with their goals. One of the Wal-Mart's and the Targets are within my Council District as well, so the managers ask me their redevelopment questions and have been eager to speak with me in light of the recent Supreme Court decision. It makes it fun when you can mix business with pleasure and I'm leaving with the new Unleashed Wave as I go out the door.

In one less common situation, I dated a girl that works at Toys R Us. She was cute and helped me out a lot getting coupon match discounts on a whole pile of Clone Troopers. She knew what I'd bought so after work she came over to see how I was setting them up.

I say live how ever you want, but if you can have fun and make it all worth your while - rock with it!

ROTJLuke
07-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Tycho, after reading all of that, man do you got the hook ups or what? Your f**king crazy man, lol, I love it tho! Keep on doin what you do, I barely get jack s**t over here in the D let alone in your area.

jedi master sal
07-11-2005, 12:41 PM
By the way...I may only buy 4 of these instead of 8:

Palpatine vs. Yoda, there were 4 on the Senate car as Mas Ameeda says "Then he's not dead!" I may "revise the scene" and put the Red Clone Commander #33 in charge of the new clones - party because I love that figure and he wasn't in the movie, but he's red, and this way I can use him.

Palpatine finding the remains of Anakin on Mustafar - there were only 2 of them immediately with Palpatine. Again, I might use a red clone Commander #33 in this scene because I like that figure.

I save over $22 this way as well I think, because 8 of them will cost me over $45 I think...

Hey Tycho, you're forgetting about the dozen or so that guard Palpatine and Vader in medical capsule as they land at the Medical tower on Coruscant! SO you'll be needing alot of these!!! (Oh and would you be a friend and pick one up for me since I reminded you of this???) I KNOW they are going to be extremely scarce in my parts. Heck, I still need the green and blue clone 3-packs.

Your bud from the 'Burgh,
-Sal

tagmac
07-11-2005, 01:21 PM
I don't see why they can't just make the Shocktrooper #57 and label it as such, considering it's a completely different Clone anyway. All this is doing is making it that much harder for us collectors. :frus:

Tycho
07-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey Tycho, you're forgetting about the dozen or so that guard Palpatine and Vader in medical capsule as they land at the Medical tower on Coruscant! SO you'll be needing alot of these!!! (Oh and would you be a friend and pick one up for me since I reminded you of this???) I KNOW they are going to be extremely scarce in my parts. Heck, I still need the green and blue clone 3-packs.

Your bud from the 'Burgh,
-Sal

I'm not planning on doing that scene.

1) Lack of Anakin Medical Capsule figure, and doubt they'd make it (unless packed-in with a newly redisigned Imperial Shuttle?

2) Lack of V-wings - which I'd use hanging in formation if not doing this scene, because a V-wing won't come with Anakin in medical capsule. It'll be void of figures, or have another Clone Pilot repack.

I'll use:

2 Shocktroopers w. 2 Clone Commanders perhaps w. Palpatine vs. Yoda and Mas Ameeda - sort of collaging the scene. Besides the Shocktroopers would have a Clone Commander in red anyway...

2 Shocktroopers with Palpatine kneeling over Mustafar Anakin - just like the movie.

4 is cheaper than 8 which is cheaper than 12 :D (which saves money for 501st Clones which I might need 12 or more of).

Fluke Skywalker
07-11-2005, 11:41 PM
This is really picking nits here, but I wish Hasbro had changed the inserts on these to match the new paint schemes.

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Agreed, it would have been nice for us carded collectors...

evenflow
07-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Well it looks like the Clone Pilot is coming out all in black.

spang2005
07-13-2005, 11:47 AM
WTF? Why an all black clone pilot? The first clone pilot didn't even match the ones in the movie. You'd think they'd make them look right before they go and make one that wasn't even in the movie. I'm starting to think someone is just doing some good customs and messing with us.

vadersvette
07-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah, looks very costomy to me. I was hoping for a Commander Odd Ball repaint, or one with a removeable helmet. And the awesome looking V-Wing pilot with the full helmet (seen in the Art of Ep. III and the ROTS Cross Section books)