PDA

View Full Version : Little details and things you noticed on repeated viewings

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2005, 02:23 PM
What are some of the small things you saw after your first viewing? On my fourth, I noticed that the computers in the star destroyer at the film's end are all '70s-style and look exactly the same as they do in the OT. I thought that was really cool and a nice touch. What have you seen?

spang2005
07-09-2005, 03:06 PM
When anakin is slowly lowering his saber towards Obi-Wan's neck, I noticed before that it was Anakin's saber, but the 4th time I noticed it was actually in Obi-Wan's hand. I still haven't been able to find the boxing clone on Utapau.

kool-aid killer
07-09-2005, 05:17 PM
I noticed that one of the clones on Utapau has a helmet that is different from all the rest. I cant really describe it due to not knowing the proper terminology for the helmet and its parts but its unique among the clones. I also noticed that it seems like we see a lot more clones getting slapped around than we do battle droids, perhaps a sign of their becoming the inept fighting force we see in the OT?

JimJamBonds
07-09-2005, 11:21 PM
I noticed Obi Wan's headset/microphone keeps going from "up" to "down" during the initial space sequence. Also when Obers jumps down to land on Boga and take after Grevious there is a trooper that **tch slaps a battle droid. lol

darko666
07-09-2005, 11:33 PM
on my second viewing, durning the scene when Stass gets killed, i noticed vulture like creatures picking at the dead clone trooper bodies near the river.
i thought that was a cool background item.

mastermatt24
07-10-2005, 01:39 AM
I made a connection during my first viewing (I think..)- the droids and people on Mustafar are gathering materials to make the Deathstar right?
And I did notice more of the specific people anakin was slaughtering on mustafar.

JimJamBonds
07-10-2005, 12:41 PM
I noticed during the Order 66 sequence when Yoda beheads those two clones (we never see or hear him ignite his lightsaber, he just seems to have it out and lit) and then gets a ride from Chewie he has no walking stick. Then the next time we see him as he walks towards his escape pod (that was ohhhh so well hidden :p ) he has his stick again. I haven't gone back and checked but is that the same stick he has in Empire and Jedi?

Kidhuman
07-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Probably not JJB II. Living in Dagobah he most likely widdled out a few in his spare time.

Bosskman
07-10-2005, 02:18 PM
I noticed that there the droids lifting luggage at the senate landing platform when mace greets palpy are the same ones that are on tatoooine lifting wrecked pod racer parts in the TPM cut scene (the one that came with the Teemto figure).

JimJamBonds
07-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I noticed that there the droids lifting luggage at the senate landing platform when mace greets palpy are the same ones that are on tatoooine lifting wrecked pod racer parts in the TPM cut scene (the one that came with the Teemto figure).

Those luggage lifting droids don't get much of a break, they are still at it when Anakin goes to check up on Mace and the boys. ;)

JimJamBonds
07-10-2005, 07:07 PM
When Yoda, Mace and Obi-Wan are in the gunship on their way to see off Yoda and his batallion of troops, we only see the 'classic' white Clone troopers. Yet when the action is on Kashyyyk we see clones in their green armor. Do the troops have the various colored/types of armor with them on their ships? I'd think they would be shown massing in the green armor since that is what they wear when on Kashyyyk.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2005, 03:15 PM
I forgot to add, but last time I also noticed Ask Aak and Meena Tills in the same scene as Mon Mothma. I think I saw the one played by Rena Owen also, but I haven't seen Fang Zar or Bana Breemu or some of the others yet. I'm willing to bet that they're in that scene too, even though their bigger scenes were cut.

tagmac
07-11-2005, 06:18 PM
During the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan, when Anakin is literally bending Kenobi backwards and the camera focuses on Ani's expression, I distinctly saw him mouth something that looked like "#$%@ you," Not sure if this was intentional, or just in my imagination, but hey, the movie was PG-13, so why not let Anakin let out his disgust in a "realistic" way, even if it required lip-reading to figure it out.

Also, when Anakin walks into Palpy's office, Palpy turns off a hologram that I thought appeared to be an image of the Death Star. It went by very quickly, but it looked like he was reviewing the plans, which is interesting considering this is the first scene we truly see the Emperor come out in him.

CaptainSolo1138
07-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Also, when Anakin walks into Palpy's office, Palpy turns off a hologram that I thought appeared to be an image of the Death Star. It went by very quickly, but it looked like he was reviewing the plans, which is interesting considering this is the first scene we truly see the Emperor come out in him.
I wondered too if that was the Death Star. One thing that Rocketboy pointed out to me on that screen is the same TIE display that Han has in the Falcon in ANH. Pointless, but cool nonetheless!

JimJamBonds
07-12-2005, 01:08 AM

I've always figured it was the Death Star plans myself.

2-1B
07-12-2005, 03:45 AM
Me too, Death Star all the way ! And I also think it looked like the TIE display.

Jek Porky 2002
07-12-2005, 05:37 AM
Also, when Padme gets into her ship to go to Mustafar, she presses the same button that she used for two completely different tasks in the same scene in AOTC.

I think I read an interview with McCallum who tried to explain that it was a second function or shift key and she was actually pressing something else at the same time, but that is rediculous!

Did they put it in Episode III as an inside joke?

JimJamBonds
07-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Also, when Padme gets into her ship to go to Mustafar, she presses the same button that she used for two completely different tasks in the same scene in AOTC.

I think I read an interview with McCallum who tried to explain that it was a second function or shift key and she was actually pressing something else at the same time, but that is rediculous!

Did they put it in Episode III as an inside joke?

I noticed that too, I know Caesar and another friend of ours commented on that one as well. I believe its an inside joke of sorts, I think this is a throw back to the serials of the 50's and 60's where one button or lever controlled the entire ship.

X13VADER
08-10-2005, 10:10 AM
In The Opening Scene When An Arc-170 Blows Up The Pilot Floats By.also The Loading Droid Or Load Lifter Walking On The Starship As Ani And Obi Part Ways.wish They Would Make That As A Toy.

Jaff
08-15-2005, 12:43 AM
I've searched over and over for as many secrets as I could, so here's some if you haven't noticed in order of appearance.

Dannyl Faytoni and Rystall (ROTJ Sp edition) - When Anakin is running up the steps of the opera to meet Palpatine he passes Dannyl with a new hat and babes in arms, and at the top of the steps is Rystall talking behind George Lucas. Obviously she's trying to make the moves.

Luminari Undula - I hunted for her fig in the movie, and wouldn't you know it, she's on Kasyyk. She's standing between two wookies bossing them around or something as they prepare for the battle against the Seperatists.

Also just seconds before you see Luminari. Yoda flies on by on his funky misquito. As he approaches the troops look in the background. There is a Star Destroyer that is landed. Sweet!

AT-TE Gunner - I was bugged when I saw the movie the first time. These guys were nowhere to be seen. Finally I found them. As Obi is leaving for Utapau and he is saying his farewells to Anakin look behind them. There is two AT-TE Gunner's talking. One has his helmet on, and the other doesn't.

Is that Aurra Sing? - As Palpy reveals to Anakin that he is a sith lord (the scene after the death star plans debate on this thread) look at the golden murials in the hallway. There is a picture of someone wielding a lightsaber that looks just like Aurra.

Mustafar Sentry - When Anakin barks at R2 to stay with the ship look in the background. One Sentry stands up, while the other watches Anakin walk into the Mustafar complex.

2-1B
08-15-2005, 01:12 AM
That's not Aurra Sing, it's some Sith lady with a Medusa-type deal going on with her head.

Jaff
08-15-2005, 03:28 AM
It's still an interesting background whether it is Sing or not!

2-1B
08-15-2005, 04:06 AM
Most definitely, after seeing ROTS a bunch of times I found myself focusing on that background to get whatever info I could from it. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-15-2005, 02:06 PM
I don't think those guys you mentioned are AT-TE gunners, but actually people in Cody's troops. They have yellow accents on their armor, though it looks darker in the shadows, and at least one of them has a little skirt thing, which the AT-TE gunner does not.

JimJamBonds
08-27-2005, 11:27 PM
While Bail watches the message requesting for him to be at the emergency session of the Senate you can just barely see the 'view screen' for the co-pilot. On that screen is the same grid type system that the X Wings targeting computers have in ANH.

JimJamBonds
08-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Is that Aurra Sing? - As Palpy reveals to Anakin that he is a sith lord (the scene after the death star plans debate on this thread) look at the golden murials in the hallway. There is a picture of someone wielding a lightsaber that looks just like Aurra.

I think this was talked about on StarWars.com, apparently its a murial of some Sith vs. Jedi battle ye olde days of yor.

2-1B
08-28-2005, 03:16 AM
JimJam and I noticed that the Utapau fuel pump jockey gives a :thumbsup: to the other guys filling Obi's craft. Not sure why I never noticed that before.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2005, 09:34 PM
I believe the official site said it first, but I think it's interesting to note that when in person, Mas Amedda is played by Australian David Bowers, who played him in AOTC, but when he talks to Bail on the Tantive IV, it's British Jerome Blake, the dude who played him in TPM. This is because, I think, they had to do the pickups in England, where they filmed TPM, so they just used Jerome instead of David, who was there for prinicpal photography. I don't think most people would notice it, but you can still tell the difference.

2-1B
08-28-2005, 09:58 PM
So it's Jerome Blake in that scene . . . that explains the overly-feminine portrayal of the character.

" *tisk* He'll be ex'pecting youuu."

:ninja:

JimJamBonds
09-20-2005, 12:12 PM
1) After Jar Jar says 'excuse me' we see the Senator's turn their back to the camera and walk away it seems that Jar Jar isn't animated rather he was just a mask.

2) When Grevious jumps on his wheel bike there are two more wheel bikes sitting in the background.

3) The clones that are marching into the Temple are marching out of step, however we hear the rhythmic footstomps of thump, thump, thump as if they were all in time.