PDA

View Full Version : OTC Y-Wing

spang2005
07-09-2005, 01:32 PM
So when I found out that there was going to be a new Y-Wing, I couldn't wait. I never even laid eyes on the POTF2 Target Y-Wing. But then I never even saw this one. This ship looked so cool, but I'm a little frustrated that Hasbro has made two Y-Wings in the last five years and they have been impossible to find. Why were these Y-Wings so hard to find? Does anyone on here have one? Hopefully this will be re-released.

Rogue II
07-09-2005, 02:37 PM
I saw the POTF2 Y-Wing twice. It was even on clearance the 2nd time. I decided not to buy it for some reason, probably space-related issues. Anyway, I never heard why they were so rare. I only saw pictures of the last release. It had a funky paint job, and I wouldn't have bought it even if I did see it.

Slicker
07-09-2005, 02:42 PM
That's weird that you should start this thread because I've been actively looking for a cheap one on Ebay but haven't had any luck. I've got the first one and I found it at retail. I saw plenty of the OTC one at retail but for some reason didn't buy it. I feel like a tool now.

spang2005
07-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Ebay is definately the hard road to go for this one. They're going for about $60-$70. And as for the paint job, I actually liked it and is one of the many reasons I'd really like one of these. All I (and my wallet) can hope for is another re-release.

kool-aid killer
07-09-2005, 04:09 PM
The first release one had a similar price tag on ebay too. I missed out on the POTF Y-wing so i picked up the Saga one shortly after i first seen it. I actually like its paint scheme too. I wouldnt be suprised if one day we do see it again, but i think thats years away, though i could be wrong.

spang2005
07-09-2005, 09:32 PM
So either the Force is with me or I've beed duped. Just picked up a loose (since I'm a loose collector anyway), B-Wing and OTC Y-wing together from a seller on ebay for $50. Too good to be true? I certainly hope not.

Slicker
07-09-2005, 09:34 PM
So either the Force is with me or I've beed duped. Just picked up a loose (since I'm a loose collector anyway), B-Wing and OTC Y-wing together from a seller on ebay for $50. Too good to be true? I certainly hope not.I wouldn't say duped. You wanted them, he had them, you were willing to pay $50 so you got what you wanted. Besides $25 apiece doesn't seem that bad.

mastermatt24
07-09-2005, 11:42 PM
The Y-wing is one of, or maybe the, favorite ships. If you can get one definitly buy it. For some reason every time I saw the red one at TRU I would find a whole bunch of stuff so I would always wait and say I would buy it later.. I never did find it again- but Im ok with it- even though its a great ship. :D

Ji'dai
07-09-2005, 11:59 PM
My TRU had a stack of OTC Y-Wings up until christmas when they finally sold out. I didn't care for the color scheme so I passed on it. I do have the vintage one and four of the POTF2 Target exclusive ones. I literally canvassed multiple Targets in two states hunting for the POTF2 Y-Wing and the 12" Biker Scout with Speederbike. I was even armed with a Target DCPI sticker someone had uploaded here at SSG. But it was fun to go on road trips on the weekends looking for stuff.

mastermatt24
07-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Did you hang all four up?? If you did plz post pics. :)

Fluke Skywalker
07-10-2005, 07:03 AM
I never saw this at any of the three TRU's I hit. Never even saw a shelf tag. I didn't like the pain scheme at first, but it grew on me and I don't have a Y-Wing so I planned on getting one at retail. Now, it's moved down on the priority list a bit. Knowing my TRU's, I wouldn't be shocked if a few of these materialized on the shelf out of the blue some time... wishful thinking, but this is TRU... I don't like telling tales out of school but they're not exactly on the ball lately. ;)

Ji'dai
07-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Did you hang all four up?? If you did plz post pics. :)

I still haven't opened them to this day, matt :o I had envisioned making a Massassi Temple base with hangar but I never got around to doing it. Delusions of grandeur :dead: ;)

As a kid, I always had problems with one of the rear landing gear sinking on my original Y-Wing. I read reports on here that the POTF2 one had the same problem. Did they finally fix that with the OTC release?

mastermatt24
07-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Now that you mention it.. it does kinda sink- but not that much, its just barely noticeable on mine. You should do the temple, it would look great!

DarkArtist
07-11-2005, 08:42 AM
:frus: Does anyone else have a problem with the Y-Wing's landing struts? I can't get mine to stand up for more then 2 minutes before the rear struts give way and it comes crashing down. I can't get the struts to stay locked.
I like displaying loose sets so I want to keep this in my EU hanger bay and it just won't stand, frustrating...... :frus: :frus:

Dark Marble
07-11-2005, 09:52 AM
I haven't opened my OTC version yet, but the back struts of my POTF2 Y-wing give way after a while. I put little pieces of card board in there to keep them up, not pretty but it gets the job done.

mastermatt24
07-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Try using the lever really fast (opening and closing lever) and then see what happens.