PDA

View Full Version : New LED Luke Jedi Saber - Front SSG News

elkkthunder
07-09-2005, 07:20 PM
I missed the original luke jedi saber. How will an led version be?? Any pics what it may look like or function differntly??

DXiRoNMaN
07-09-2005, 08:31 PM
i believe its the same hilt and everything, just an LED blade so it goes up and down and is probably brighter

lukespop
07-09-2005, 11:17 PM
The last one didn't go up and down?!?

Stalecracker
07-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Nope- the older one was an EL blade not LED. It only lit up. The new one wil fire up and die down... I can't wait!!!

lukespop
07-10-2005, 12:15 AM
I can't belive people are buying the old ones for $500 & $600 on e-bay! I hope they improve the hilt.

DarkArtist
07-10-2005, 05:08 PM
I jujst hope that the hilt is more realistic, and that the balde is green since the first was blue.

DXiRoNMaN
07-10-2005, 06:13 PM
from what MR has said the hilt is the same

Stalecracker
07-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I think the official word is "Same hilt, updated LED blade, 3 batteries instead of 6, green blade" I DO wish they had updated the Windu FX to be a three batterie BUT at least I get to get one! It'll be here this week!!!

JediTricks
07-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Yay! I didn't get the original because of the EL issue and the $$$ issue - I had enough for either the Vader with the LEDs or the Luke ROTJ with the EL, I chose the former even though Luke's ROTJ is my ultimate favorite saber. I am gonna be all over this muthah! And right around my birthday too.

decadentdave
07-11-2005, 05:04 AM
I guess this rules out the Obi-Wan FX having a correct emitter neck then. Instead, it will look just as ugly as the Luke ROTJ FX. I was really hoping MR would have a breakthrough in their design to make these more movie-like. I mean, if Larbel and Parksabers can do it, why not MR? :dis:

Jayspawn
07-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I think MR will get around to it decadentdave. They're getting better at making the FX sabers. An Obi-Wan lightsaber would be a great debut for an updated FX.

Personally I think an FX is WAY better than a Larbel or a Parksaber.

Stalecracker
07-11-2005, 01:31 PM
It might also have to do with the sound effects? I not sure but Parks and Larbel don't have sound do they? The added room for the sound boards may eat up room to have more support for the blade thus warranting a thicker neck... I don't know, just yammering. :nerv:

JediTricks
07-12-2005, 02:55 AM
No, the sound effects are part of the endcap and the main body, the neck has nothing to do with the sounds. My bet is that because these are official licensed products and MR is an official company, they have to protect themselves against the possibility that these items may be used in an "unsafe" manner, and so they need to make it super strong to accomodate that which means thicker neck. Jeff Parks can pull it off because he uses a big fat plug for his removable blades, I think the size of a music cord jack, and these only accomodate the light system, not the swing sensors - plus, aren't the Parksabers ones 3 times as much as the MR ones? "Cost prohibitive" may be a key phrase here.

Don't let that fool you though MR, we would like to see removable blades and thinner necks on Force FX lightsabers, I may understand why they aren't now but the future should be about things getting better.

Master Horn
07-17-2005, 05:42 PM
The reason I didnt buy the first ROTJ saber was because of that fat copper part I just wish they would update the hilt