PDA

View Full Version : Wave 4 Available Now!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2005, 07:38 PM
RS said that some guy got all of wave 4 at MGM Studios at Disney World, so I guess they're out now. Hopefully they'll be around for a while, and more widely available. Go there for some pics.

mastermatt24
07-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Great.. now i have to go back to disney land.. :crazed:
Are these at DL in CA?

kool-aid killer
07-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I seen the pics of the wave 4 Star Tours figures, for the most part im not really impressed with them, you can tell they werent originally designed to be Star Wars droids, due to their lack of a refined look (such as C3PO and R2D2) and all their wirings exposed. Im still probably going to try to pick them up, i think they would look neat shoved inside the Sandcrawler among a couple of Jawas. Ive bought the last two waves from the same Ebay seller so i will probably use him again to get these.

DarkArtist
07-13-2005, 01:36 PM
I'll be there in October for my honeymoon hopefully they will still be available. Perhaps I can get the other ones that I am missing as well. I know that the store by the ride sells them but I found even more of the figures including some of the harder to find Saga figures at the Hasbro Shop in Downtown Disney. :)

DarkArtist
07-13-2005, 01:37 PM
The idea of a Jawa Sandcrawler Display does sound like an awesome idea, so of the droids from the Star Tours Ride look like they would fit perfectly. :)

Lazer Brain
07-19-2005, 05:11 PM
where can i find some pics?
later

DarkArtist
07-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I think the pics can be found on Rebelscum.com or even GalacticHunter.com

jjreason
07-22-2005, 02:56 AM
Well Downtown Disney and Star Traders (right by Star Tours) at Disneyland (that's the one in California) haven't got them yet. I just got back from there and was only able to get 2 of the 3 droids from wave 3 (missed the R5 unit, the only one I was really hoping to get :( ).

megaprime33
07-22-2005, 06:04 AM
I just caught some pics of a new yoda and jedi mickey 2 pack. Definitely looks sweet. Must....have!

Oh, sorry, pics are here!
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/jtjedimickeyfr.jpg

kool-aid killer
07-22-2005, 11:46 AM
where can i find some pics?
later

Sorry for the wait, but heres the pics:

Star Tours Wave 4 (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/startours_wave3_front.jpg)

Hellboy
07-31-2005, 01:09 AM
Something just seems off with this latest wave. The paint apps for one look pretty sloppy but worst of all they don't look much like droids you'd find in the SW universe. :dis:

MSE-1T looks like one of the DRD's from Farscape. lol

kool-aid killer
07-31-2005, 10:27 AM
I think Disney uses some of the droids from other rides, stripped down of course so that they arent so easily recognizable and shoved them in with the Star Tours experience, because most of the droids we see in the Star Wars movies have a complete look to them. Few walk around with wires hanging out around them. This should be the last wave, correct?

Turbowars
07-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Yes, you are right about them using robots from other rides or shows. I think most of them were from that stupid America turn table thing that was removed a hell of a long time ago.

Reefer Shark
08-03-2005, 07:26 PM
I heard that they used the metal skeletons from some of the old animatronics (sp?). Probably some of the ones that Turbo mentioned, and the bird-looking droid from wave 3 was a skeleton from an old dinosaur animatronics too. Just strip 'em down, add some wires - there you go - a Star Wars droid :rolleyes:

DarkArtist
08-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey if that's the case when can we expect ot see action figures of the Animatronic skeltons of the Pirates of Caribbean meet Star Wars Wave. After all that rides breaks down all the time, bound to be a few skeltal pirates lying about????? lol lol lol lol :p :p

Reefer Shark
08-08-2005, 01:08 PM
LOL! Blackbeard droid w/bottle of rum accessory!

AAAAArrrr matey!

DarkArtist
08-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Coming soon to a galaxy near you the most anticipated figure for you Star Wars Collection ::::

The Captain Jack Sparrow Skelton Droid
Accessory include cutlass, bottle of rum blaster pistol with one shot, broken compass and sound chip with actual movie sayings

"Son....I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.....SAVY"
"Why's the Rum Gone ????"
"This was almost the day you captured Jack Sparrow"

LOL :D :D :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Master Goeweins
08-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Worse yet, they could reuse some of the characters from Captain EO.

Jacko is truly a Dark Lord by now, evading all traps by the Jedi judicial system.

DarkArtist
08-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Hey if you think about the last wave with the SK-Z38 droid that could have been one of the old Tiki Room birds that didn't make it into the new and improved Tiki Room. :p

trandoshan666
09-26-2005, 02:26 PM
I just got these, and they're definitely not as well made as the previous Star Tours figures have been. But, probably because they are unique, I still like them.

Hellboy
09-26-2005, 03:26 PM
They probably figure if they slap a SW logo on it fanboys will buy them regardless. :greedy:

Even though I'd be interested in supporting an expansion of the Star Tours line I'm not willing to purchase junk especially when it costs nearly twice as much as a standard SW figure. :p

trandoshan666
09-26-2005, 04:47 PM
They probably figure if they slap a SW logo on it fanboys will buy them regardless. :greedy:
For the most part, they'd be right. Yes, they are rather expensive, but I still don't feel like I got ripped off by getting them. That's what makes them tolerable in my mind.

stillakid
10-03-2005, 12:23 PM
I just placed an order for Wave 4, which is available right now...and for Yoda/Mickey, which is on backorder until the beginning of November.

Call (407)363-6200 if you'd like to do the same. :)

DarkArtist
10-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Just came back from MGM and picked up wave 4 myself. didn't see any jedi mickey and yoda sets but the once upon a time toy store in the downtown disney did have the evolution set minus the sith 500th vaders as well as some otc lobots. i was hoping to find some of the older star tours figures since i passed on a few but all they had were Rex.

plasticfetish
01-13-2006, 01:50 PM
bump.......

K M Toydarian
01-31-2006, 04:14 AM
Hello Star Tours Fans,
Anybody hear of anything special at the Star Trader lately?
With another year of Star Wars Weekends coming, what can we expect?
Thought I'd bring back this topic. We need more Star Wars presence at Disney since the movies are done. Maybe with the TV show they will want to cross promote more!

DarkArtist
01-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah i was wondering about that myself. I have yet to attend one of these and I actually like the Droids line that comes with the parks. I hope it continues for years to come, afterall somedcay I would like to take my kids there someday and say to them this was a movie series that I grew up with.