PDA

View Full Version : What have you won in a contest, or raffle?

Pages : 1 [2]

Lord Malakite
01-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Add a flan kit to the list of my wins. Includes a whisk, measuring cups, flan pans, and coupons for Nestle La Lechera.

El Chuxter
01-10-2013, 11:54 PM
La Lechera is their sweetened/condensed milk, right? That stuff is excellent in coffee.

Lord Malakite
01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes, that is what La Lechera is.

bobafrett
01-14-2013, 10:30 PM
I haven't won anything that I can recall recently. I haven't been entering as many contests though either. I did try to win the $50,000 they were giving away on HGTV to remodel my kitchen and bathroom, but so were a million other people.

Lord Malakite
01-15-2013, 05:31 PM
I did try to win the $50,000 they were giving away on HGTV to remodel my kitchen and bathroom, but so were a million other people.
And I was one of them. :D A few more wins. $35 in Domino's gift card money from mycokerewards.com instant win games, A pack of Ziploc reusable/microwavable plastic containers, some Pledge wipes, and a coffee mug with two packets of hot chocolate and a coupon from Nestle Abuelita.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-15-2013, 10:06 PM
I won a replica "winning" lottery ticket for a dollar. :greedy: Until I scratched it off. :(

Lord Malakite
01-16-2013, 05:35 PM
A few other wins I forgot about until a few moments ago. 10 free movie tickets (4 from mycokerewards.com, 4 from Spirit Halloween, 1 from Red Baron Pizza & 1 from Hershey's), 2 free large cokes for movie theaters from mycokerewards.com, a 20 oz. coke from mycokerewards.com, a free pizza from Red Baron and The Big Bang Theory Seasons 1 & 2 on blu-ray/DVD/ultra violet combo set with various other Big Bang Theory swag (pen, post-its pad, frisbee and poster) from WSTR 64 (the local television station in my area that airs Big Bang Theory reruns in syndication).

bobafrett
01-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Oh, your coke points reminded me, I did win some Coke points From the McDonalds Monopoly game as well as 3 free movie rentals from Red Box. (playing the monopoly codes online) So I was incorrect saying I hadn't won anything recenty.

Lord Malakite
01-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Just remembered another recent win that I forgot to mention, a "40th Anniversary" poster for PONG (autographed by Nolan Bushnell) from Atari. I'm going to have to get a journal to catalog all my wins, because its starting to get hard keeping track of everything. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
01-19-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm going to have to get a journal to catalog all my wins, because its starting to get hard keeping track of everything. :pI know someone who's pretty decent at keeping lists... :drool:

Lord Malakite
01-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Not to get too far off topic with recent wins, but I got a win that is almost a sure thing for everyone here on SSG. Papa John's is currently doing their Super Bowl coin toss contest (I think it goes until just before the Super Bowl game begins) Pretty simple contest, just guess whether the coin toss is heads or tails. If you are right you win a code in your email for a large, one topping pizza. Now for the sure thing part, you are allowed to enter 4 times per household provided you have enough people living in your home who are at least 13 or older and have emails. If you split the vote you are guaranteed at least 1 or 2 wins. :)

El Chuxter
01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure a free Papa John's pizza would count as a "win."

Bel-Cam Jos
02-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Today, at a writing conference, I was given a ticket for a raffle. My co-worker also got one (everyone who went did), and we noticed we had the same number. Why? The person apparently tore off the tickets wrong and never put mine/hers in, but other another that no one had. Anyway, I got another ticket; she kept the old one. They called that number we both had (now hers), but followed with "just kidding." :mad: Not funny. Any anyway, the second-to-last item was a Barnes & Noble gift card... winning! :pleased: :thumbsup: Crummy part was, my co-worker's didn't get called. :(

JimJamBonds
02-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Last week I bought a Powerball ticket and I won the ability to lose $2 AND still have to go into work the next day.

InsaneJediGirl
02-09-2013, 11:36 PM
I just recently won the MVP Award at work (Employee of the Month). I didnt even vote for myself!

El Chuxter
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
I didn't vote for you, either.

Lord Malakite
02-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Got my two free Papa John's pizzas for the Super Bowl coin toss. Chuxter may not consider them a "prize", but I can't complain with free dinner. :D Also won another $25 in itunes gift cards.

I just recently won the MVP Award at work (Employee of the Month). I didnt even vote for myself!
Excellent. :) Get any other freebies/goodies for your "Employee of the Month" award beside the obvious name/plaque deal businesses do?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Back in high school, he could throw that speedball... wait, that wasn't me. :likeTHEboss:

Back in high school, when I was on the JV cross country team, I believe I finished first (at least, from my team) in each JV race. When they tallied the team MVP votes at the end, I got all but one vote. I didn't, and still don't, believe that you vote for yourself. Or El Chuxter.

In the "real world" would just stop hasslin'... wait, again, wrong stuff. :HotWheels21:

In the "real world" life, I was an employee of the month (and got a stitched polo shirt) at the hotel for which I was working, so I was then elligible for the EOTY award that year; and I actually won that. I got flowers (made a nice re-gift for mom :D ), an engraved watch and pen set, plus a check. Then, I was promoted to a mid-manager position, that indirectly led to me becoming a teacher. Thanks, scarring and impressionable Jan. 28th event! :thumbsup: ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
03-05-2013, 08:55 PM
This thread got me thinking, and lists (LISTS... :drool: ) are always fun. Always. Matching assignments could remind people of school, but eh, whatever.

Which of these awards, trophies, prizes, or recognitions do you think the general public knows about? And which ones do YOU know?

1. Actor
2. Bill Russell
3. Conn Smythe
4. Eisner
5. Emmy
6. Golden Globe
7. Hart
8. Heisman
9. Irving Thalberg
10.John Wooden
11.Lady Bing
12.Larry O’Brien
13.Moon Man
14.Newbery
15.Norris
16.Oscar
17.Outland
18.Peabody
19.Pulitzer
20.Razzie
21.Roberto Clemente
22.Stanley Cup
23.Tony
24.Veniza
25.Vince Lombardi
26.Walter Payton

a.Children’s books
b.Comic books
c.MLB humanitarian
d.Movie participants
e.Movie producers lifetime achievement
f.MTV Video Music
g.NBA champions
h.NBA playoffs MVP
i.NCAA basketball top player
j.NCAA football top inside lineman
k.NCAA football top player
l.News reporting
m.NFL champions
n.NFL humanitarian
o.NHL champions
p.NHL league MVP
q.NHL playoffs MVP
r.NHL sportsmanship
s.NHL top defenseman
t.NHL top goalie
u.SAG acting
v.Stage acting
w.Television participants
x.Television and movies
y.Worst movie quality
z.Writing, various categories

Lord Malakite
03-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Just learned that I won a free SteamVita food steamer system (my choice on model/size) on facebook. It also comes with free tongs and a cookbook (regardless of size I choose). I'm tempted to pick the largest and most expensive 5 level model (5x16 CM, feeds up to 12 people and retails for $70 when not on sale), but I'm not certain I can fit it on the stove or in the oven like they show on the website. They also have a 3 level model (3x16 CM, feeds up to 6 people and retails for $50 when not on sale) and a 2 level model (2x16 CM, feeds up to 3 people and retails for $35 when not on sale).

I also supposedly won the big $250 Costco prize ($50 gift card, water bottle, etc.) on the my coke rewards instant win game currently going on according to an email that I got from them. Have to play wait and see on that one though. The prize never showed up in my redemption history like other previous prizes from my coke rewards and a whole slew of other people on another website (devoted to sweeps/contests) reported winning the same prize within the same 30 minute time span that I did. Talked to the coke people via phone and email and from what I was told the prize will not be added to the redemption history on the site, but that they were going to honor all the wins from that 30 minute time span (even if a majority of those wins were glitches) within 6 to 8 weeks after the contest concludes.

Edit: 17 hours later I went with 5x16 CM model. Also won another two $25 Master Card gift cards in that time. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
08-02-2013, 06:44 PM
No one wanted to try the awards list? Lists? LISTS...? :drool:?

This summer's library reading program (theme: Reading is Delicious, with food-related book suggestions) has ended. I won tickets to see the Dodgers, in decent third-base-side seats. Issue is that they are on Monday night, while school is going on, and versus the Mets, a team I have about as much interest in as the Dodgers themselves. I will still probably possibly go, unless a coworker has more interest in them... and $5000 per ticket! :rolleyes:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Came back form a benefit for a friend of my wife's and we walked out with 3 prizes, including a waffle maker, a Buffalo Sabre themed basket, and an oil change/interior cleaning pass from an automotive washing place.

And Bel-Cam, shucks, I was going to offer $4999 a ticket, I guess I have to withdraw my offer because it is just too low.

JediTricks
08-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Last year at the SW Collectibles panel at Comic-Con, I won an eFX Collectibles Luke ANH X-wing helmet replica during the trivia portion. This year at the same panel I won a Kotobukiya ArtFX+ Jango Fett which hasn't come out in the US yet, so I'm the first in the western world to own one. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2013, 06:23 PM
This year at the same panel I won a Kotobukiya ArtFX+ Jango Fett which hasn't come out in the US yet, so I'm the first in the western world to own one. :DI'll offer you one Dodger ticket (no parking pass) for it, JT. I'm the only one in the ENTIRE world who owns that ticket for that seat on that day! :greedy: :D And LBC, I'm a nice guy; you can have the other for $4999.

JediTricks
08-06-2013, 01:40 PM
I'll offer you one Dodger ticket (no parking pass) for it, JT. I'm the only one in the ENTIRE world who owns that ticket for that seat on that day! :greedy: :D And LBC, I'm a nice guy; you can have the other for $4999.Oh gee thanks no.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-06-2013, 06:11 PM
But I just went out and spent thousands of dollars on Bones: Season 3 DVDs expecting you to accept! I'm ruined... :cry:

Lord Malakite
08-06-2013, 09:05 PM
But I just went out and spent thousands of dollars on Bones: Season 3 DVDs expecting you to accept! I'm ruined... :cry:
No offense, but if you spent "thousands" on only one particular season of only one particular show (regardless what it is) you kind of deserve being ruined. :p

El Chuxter
08-08-2013, 03:59 PM

You must've seen that same insanely huge stack of those on clearance at that one Target that I did. If not, you probably overpaid by $1500. :)

sith_killer_99
08-08-2013, 06:14 PM
No offense, but if you spent "thousands" on only one particular season of only one particular show (regardless what it is) you kind of deserve being ruined. :p

Obviously you are not familiar with the missing Doctor Who serials! ;P

Lord Malakite
08-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Obviously you are not familiar with the missing Doctor Who serials! ;P
I'm familiar enough with them to know that you can't buy them if they are technically "missing". :D

sith_killer_99
08-08-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm familiar enough with them to know that you can't buy them if they are technically "missing". :D

Not true, a studio may consider them "technically" missing, though someone in Australia may have copies, so they are not "actually" missing. :playful:

Though I suppose if someone found them they wouldn't really be missing. OTOH, fans without access to them would still consider them missing. :confused:

Lord Malakite
08-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Not true, a studio may consider them "technically" missing, though someone in Australia may have copies, so they are not "actually" missing. :playful:

Though I suppose if someone found them they wouldn't really be missing. OTOH, fans without access to them would still consider them missing. :confused:
My head hurts now. :ambivalence: Lets just agree that if someone spent that much on one season of one show that was a commercially licensed season set (and not some guy's old beta recordings of episodes from a show that may or may not be the last existing copy because the originals were wiped by the BBC to save space/tape or were dumped into the East River by ABC because said shows used to belong to DuMont), then they deserved to be ruined. ;)

sith_killer_99
08-09-2013, 06:47 PM
My head hurts now. :ambivalence: Lets just agree that if someone spent that much on one season of one show that was a commercially licensed season set (and not some guy's old beta recordings of episodes from a show that may or may not be the last existing copy because the originals were wiped by the BBC to save space/tape or were dumped into the East River by ABC because said shows used to belong to DuMont), then they deserved to be ruined. ;)

Oh yes, totally agree.:highly_amused:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Well, some buyer/poster from a SW collectibles website offered to sell me Dodger tickets AND my Bones season 3 DVDs! No more "ruined" for me! Hello, Vega$ trip and paying for college!

JimJamBonds
08-12-2013, 09:57 PM
I was hoping to win roughly $450 million last Wednesday but that didn't' work out for me. :dispirited:

Lord Malakite
08-13-2013, 12:32 AM
I was hoping to win roughly $450 million last Wednesday but that didn't' work out for me. :dispirited:

I've been meaning to check out the winning numbers but I've been busy. I couldn't make it to the store so I had to resort to buying my ticket off of ebay. Cost me $6 with the shipping. Talk about being ripped off. It came from the Super Stop n Shop in South Brunswick New Jersey. Of all the places to buy a ticket why would anyone resort to New Jersey? There are so many other states in the area. Anyway, the normal numbers on my ticket are 05, 25, 30, 58 and 59 and the powerball number is 32.

sith_killer_99
08-13-2013, 09:49 AM
I've been meaning to check out the winning numbers but I've been busy. I couldn't make it to the store so I had to resort to buying my ticket off of ebay. Cost me $6 with the shipping. Talk about being ripped off. It came from the Super Stop n Shop in South Brunswick New Jersey. Of all the places to buy a ticket why would anyone resort to New Jersey? There are so many other states in the area. Anyway, the normal numbers on my ticket are 05, 25, 30, 58 and 59 and the powerball number is 32.

ROTFL

On a side note...why so many lottery tickets sold in New Jersey? Well, if you lived in New Jersey...

Do I even need to finish that statement?

lol

JimJamBonds
08-13-2013, 09:36 PM
ROTFL

On a side note...why so many lottery tickets sold in New Jersey? Well, if you lived in New Jersey...

Do I even need to finish that statement?

lol
There is a town about an hour or so away from me that has had multiple million dollar winners over the years. So the gas stations that have sold the winning tickets are called "Miracle Mile" and usually when the Powerball gets super high the local news stations go there to do a "story" on the increased ticket sales.

Lord Malakite
11-22-2014, 03:52 AM
Been a while since I've last mentioned any major wins. Won a black 32GB Nintendo Wii U w/ New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U bundle set late last year around this time from a survey company. Earlier this year for Mother's Day I won a sterling silver diamond necklace from Samuel Diamonds. Today I just received a white 500 GB PlayStation 4 w/ Destiny bundle set that I won from Taco Bell. Wins of a lesser note, a few more Visa/Amazon/etc. type gift cards (of various amounts), a sturdy Hoegaarden hexagon beer glass, a Kevin Harvick NASCAR Budweiser beer glass, some sort of camo outdoor hunting backpack, PAM oven spray and a pack of Reese peanut butter cups.