PDA

View Full Version : New movies to pass on and a few to see.

Turbowars
07-10-2005, 11:05 AM
I'll make this very simple, don't waste your money on

Dark Water, I went because my wife wanted to see it. It's nothing more than the Ring all over again and it was slow as hell. The water element has been beaten like a dead horse. Pure crap!

War Of the Worlds, some great CG, but the acting of the kids was horrid and the story rapped up way to fast. Wait for the DVD to come out in a week.

Flight Plan, saw a early screening a few weeks ago, and it had potential, but the plot lost it's momentum the last 1/4 of the film. Jody was very good, but it just got too ridiculous.

Land of the Dead, wait for the DVD guys. It's cheesy like all dead movies, but this one way a bit too cheesy. The dead start to think and that's fine, but it just wasn't done right. The old and new Dawn of the Dead is still the best.

I saw The Island last night and it was good. Ewen was awesome as usual and the story was well put together. Great action scenes and it had a plot! Go see this one people.

If you liked Anchor Man, go see 40 year Old Virgin. Funny stuff.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith was pretty good, but I'm very partial to both the stars in this flick.

2-1B
07-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Couldn't disagree more on Land of the Dead.

General_Grievous
07-10-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm going to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Friday. Burton and Depp haven't let us down yet, why would they now?

The Island is kind of iffy for me. Michael Bay is a hack. But Ewan's cool, Scarlett Johansson's hot, and Steve Buscemi is in it. Maybe there's something there.

Bad News Bears? Most likely pass.

Stealth? PASS PASS PASS PASS. Looks boring as hell, and I'm sick of the damn trailers.

Domino. I think this is coming out in August. I'll see this, because I think Keira Knightley's my soul mate.

As for the rest of 2005:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- I'll definitely see this. No doubt about it.

King Kong- Another must. If Peter Jackson asked me cover myself in fire ants, I'd say "Sir, yes sir!"

Narnia-I read TLTWATW in 5th grade. I might as well check this out.

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride- More Nightmare Before Christmas-type stuff. I'll be there.

Turbowars
07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Couldn't disagree more on Land of the Dead.because...........

2-1B
07-10-2005, 10:29 PM
because...........

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23941&page=8&pp=10

posts 73, 74, 76, and 80.

:)

Turbowars
07-10-2005, 10:43 PM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23941&page=8&pp=10

posts 73, 74, 76, and 80.

:)Cool, glad you liked it.

2-1B
07-10-2005, 11:35 PM
I do agree with you though about not wasting money on War of the Worlds. :D That son was so annoying. :crazed:

JimJamBonds
07-10-2005, 11:40 PM
I do agree with you though about not wasting money on War of the Worlds. :D That son was so annoying. :crazed:

I head that Dakota Fanning is pretty much screaming during the entire film. :confused:

2-1B
07-10-2005, 11:46 PM
I heard the majority of North AND South Dakota residents were screaming throughout the movie, as well.

JimJamBonds
07-10-2005, 11:49 PM
I heard the majority of North AND South Dakota residents were screaming throughout the movie, as well.

I'm glad that ugly War of the Dakota's is finaly behind us and they decided to get along and agree on something for a change.

megaprime33
07-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Movies I can't wait to see that are coming out soon are the Wedding Crashers and The Island. Both look good for obviously different reasons. I'm a big fan, and who isn't, of Old School type movies so wedding crashers is a must. I like michael bay and mcgregor so island is a must.

I heard too many bad things about war of the worlds to waste my time and money in seeing it in the theaters. When it comes, if I still have an interest, I'll rent it.

I am a HUGE fan of the original charlie and chocolate. I have seen all of the commericials and previews for the new one and I must say that it doesn't come close to how good the original was. I am curious to see it however to see what it's really like, but there are inconsistancies with the new one that I don't like. For example, Violet's father is replaced by, presumably, her mother. Sam Bouergaurd was a great character. With Sam B. it's a guarentee. Wilder Wonka is much better than Depp Wonka.

OC47150
07-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Land of the Dead wasn't that bad, but it could've used more zombie action. Interested to see what extras are included on the DVD.

Stealth and the Great Raid are on my list to see. So is Wedding Crashers.