PDA

View Full Version : Windows Messenger Conversations

britcit3
07-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Greetings....

Just sounding you all out, but..............

Wouldn't it be great to have real-time on-line chats?

The reason I'm asking this is that both me and GSJ have had windows messenger chats in the last few weeks ......but why can't we all do it?

Just go into messenger and add my email address to your contact list... mine is james.hobson@virgin.net .

If you have a web cam, we can see each other too... both me and GSJ have seen each others bearded ugly mushes!

And .....thinking a bit into the future... all the MM forumers could arange a time to be on-line at the same time together and have a BIG chat!

Waddaya say?

BC3

Kidhuman
07-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I have had AIM convos with many people here, JMG, LM, JBF, Caesar, JJB the first, LTBasker, DarthQuack, Mabs, Stillakid, Slicker, CaptainSOlo, ROcketboy, Dar, and a few others. I enjoy them. Its fun as hell. If anyone else wants to contact me via AIM just click the icon under the avatar.

I wish I had windows messenger, dont right now, but might look into getting it.

sicqnus
07-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi Jim,
as KH I use AIM. I tried to install WM but I failed. I don't know why.
I don't think it's because of Aol, most probably the result of my firewall setup... I will change my provider in the newt few weeks. Hope it will be better then.

Slicker
07-11-2005, 07:09 PM
It's been a while since I've participated in one of these chats but there always fun when I do. The more the merrier so join in.

britcit3
07-12-2005, 12:46 AM
what is AIM?

does it have video conferencing too?

bc3

Kidhuman
07-12-2005, 12:59 AM
AIM is AOL instant messenger. I believe it does have web cam capabilities.

Slicker
07-12-2005, 02:05 AM
Here's a link (http://www.aim.com/) to the page BC3. It's the only chat engine that I've ever used and yes it does have video capabilities.

SWAFMAN
07-12-2005, 02:46 PM
I prefer Trillian because it supports chats across multiple clients - AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ & IRC, and is spyware-free, etc.

FYI BC3, you can setup a free AIM or Yahoo chat account without having to install their spyware/foistware/crapware infested chat apps on your system.

However, to get a clever name, I suggest you use babel fish and translate your name idea to a less common language, like portuguese. Pretty much ALL the good screen names in English are taken.

Sincerely,
OsamaFodeCamelos
(Swaffy's AIM name)