PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Temple Attack 5 Pack.

Battle Droid
07-10-2005, 07:15 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=93675

Jedi Temple Attack - Anakin Skywalker (#2), Clone Pilot (#34), and 3 Clone Troopers (501st Legion)

figrin bran
07-10-2005, 07:31 PM
must...must have the 501 clones...but why include a clone pilot in the set? zett jekussa would've been a better choice.

Umbra
07-10-2005, 07:39 PM
why a pilot? well i guess its to get rid of all the extra's know one wants but still o_O.

too bad no new anakin sculpt, wasn't he hooded for the assault?

bearauto
07-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Oh man...can't wait to see what figs are announced.

Kidhuman
07-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Wow, if they wanted to stuff a pegwarmer in there, Bail would have been a better choice.

Either way, a must have.

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 01:59 AM
See, Im not soo sold on this...Ill more than likely end up passing...but Ill wait until I see it...

Slicker
07-11-2005, 02:02 AM
Wow, if they wanted to stuff a pegwarmer in there, Bail would have been a better choice.I was thinking the same thing KH. Why Hasbro does alot of the stuff it does baffles me.

Fluke Skywalker
07-11-2005, 06:10 AM
Clone pilot? That is an odd choice. I wouldn't have minded Ashla and Jempa repacks instead. Does anyone know which Clones they will be using, #6 or #41? My guess is #6. I know a lot of people aren't picky, but I was hoping that the 501st Clones, whenever they came out, would be the S/A.

Still, I'll get this no doubt. Three Temple raid clones... Sold!

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Jedi Temple Attack 5-Pack
This set includes 5 REVENGE OF THE SITH basic figures. They're packaged in something akin to an Olympic Medal Ceremony lineup. Here are the details:

-Anakin Skywalker - This figure is in fact a reissue of # III/02 Anakin Skywalker - Lightsaber Attack . Right now though, it is unclear about which of Anakin's accessories are packaged with this set.

-Clone Pilot - Sure, we never see a Clone Pilot at any point during the Jedi Temple Attack in Revenge Of The Sith, but Hasbro has seen fit to package this figure in the set. Naturally, this is a reissue of # III/34 Clone Pilot - Firing Cannon, but it is unclear as to whether or not the cannon accesory is packaged in the set.

-Clone Troopers - For the first time, Hasbro is now offering THREE Clone Troopers in the blue markings of the 501st Legion, also known as Special Operations Clone Troopers. These three Clone Troopers are all reissues of # III/06 Clone Trooper - Quick Draw Attack.

These are the figures that are going to be in this set. Thanks to rebelscum.com for the info, and check out the OT thread to see what figures are in the Hoth set!

kool-aid killer
07-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Sweet! Like probably everyone else here, im going to be buying this set only for the 501st troops. And its even sweeter that we will be getting three of them instead of one in this set. Im happy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Sounds like a good one to me! This is a good way to get more pilots for the ARC-170, and blue clones are sweeeeet. Hopefully it'll turn out that they're not the #6 ones, but if they are, they should retool the enormous shoulders.

This #2 Anakin is shaping up to being the new cantina Han. :rolleyes: :D

spang2005
07-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Two things: First of all, I'm sick of the clone pilot. There are NO pilots in the movie that even look like this guy. Not even the ones in the beginning have the open-circle emblem on their helmet. Plus, none of them have a solid grey stripe either.

Secondly, why should they be #6 clones? I can't imagine it would be cheaper to make a figure with an action feature over one with super articulation. Does someone at Hasbro get a kick out of watching us all hunt down SA clones with hardly enough to go around?

DarkArtist
07-11-2005, 03:36 PM
i think it's too early to think about what Hasbro is going to do. After all the original Imperial 5-pack was thought to have the original AT-ST driver and we got a new version. I going to wait and see what we get. It makes no sense for the anakin to be hoodless, and the idea of a clone pilot doesn't seem right.

ronhudy
07-11-2005, 05:35 PM
i think it's too early to think about what Hasbro is going to do. After all the original Imperial 5-pack was thought to have the original AT-ST driver and we got a new version. I going to wait and see what we get. It makes no sense for the anakin to be hoodless, and the idea of a clone pilot doesn't seem right.

Agreed. Let's hope Clone Pilot gets replaced by something else, too. Zett or Bail would make a lot more sense...

Fluke Skywalker
07-11-2005, 10:26 PM
#6 Clonetrooper, eh? Oh, well. :dis:

figrin bran
07-11-2005, 10:43 PM
maybe #41 will be released with 501 markings? hehheh, we can only hope.

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 10:46 PM

Indeed, I hate being the barer of bad news, so lets hope the site was wrong

Fluke Skywalker
07-11-2005, 10:53 PM

I had hoped that the #41 in that case with the re-colored #6 and #33 would be a 501st. Yeah, maybe someday though.

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Man, do you guys remember the good ole days of the solid colored stromtroopers....lol....anyways, yea, I would like the SA #41 Clone to have the blue markings as well, it would indeed make for a sweet figure...prehaps just a recard like the other two or prehaps among the elusive and mysterious 12....:)

Captain Spoon
07-12-2005, 07:18 AM
I'll put money down that Hasbro does not use the proper 501st paint, they will probobly look like the blue clones from the. I'm not going to get my hopes up hehe

ROTJLuke
07-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Check out the pics!

http://www.thejawa.com/joseph/Misc/templefront.jpg

http://www.thejawa.com/joseph/Misc/templeback.jpg

The Clones dont look all that bad :)

DiminutiveJedi
07-12-2005, 04:04 PM
It appears they have been remolded to have regular shoudler pads, unlike the ShockTroops we'll soon be getting.

Hellboy
07-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be passing on this set. The only reason I'd like it would be for the 501st Clones and based on the picture ROTJLuke posted the paint app. looks like crap. Notice how the joint on the Clone's right shoulder isn't painted blue but the left removable shoulder pad is. :confused: There also appears to be no battle scaring on the Trooper's armor as was clearly visable on all of the 501st Clones in the film. I'll probably just make my own 501st Legion using the SA Clone because these just don't cut it IMO. :dis:

Jayspawn
07-12-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm passing on the set because I dont need another Anakin or Clone Pilot. I only need those clones. Hasbro should have done a set with JUST Clones!

Blackened88
07-12-2005, 08:54 PM
You would think that hasbro would do this set with the SA clones, whats the point with #6.

Val Da Car
07-12-2005, 09:19 PM
This might be an early mock up.....maybe..

Fluke Skywalker
07-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Well, the Clones look better than I thought. That plus the fact that I need another Clonepilot means I'm in.

Kidhuman
07-12-2005, 11:41 PM
The only difference between #6 and the SA is 1 POA. It is a good clone IMO.

kool-aid killer
07-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Im digging the picture and loving the packaging they have for these guys. It only makes me want them NOW! Thanks for the links ROTJLuke!

Darth Alex
07-13-2005, 01:37 AM
Sorry to pour molten lava on all the rejoicing, but it's packs like these that make me hold on to my dough.
We don't need another release of this Anakin and the Clone Pilot.
As far as the clone, great idea, should've been #41, but #6 will do, but I am sick and tired of paying too much for too little of what I want.
It was bad enough when I picked up the Kmart Cantina exclusives to get the poorly done Blue Snaggle and Mr. Prayis Mantis, but after seeing the 1st 6 figs for 2006 list and the photos of the Hoth Imperial Set, I think I may just pass on a lot of stuff.
Hasbro is clearly showing that they know some of us will buy anything even while we complain about it. Showing General Veers from 1981 in the Battle pack was the final insult for me.
Add that to the fact that ROTS is so dead right now at retail you'd swear stores stopped carrying new stuff and this is the makings of a collecting disaster.
I'd buy a 3 pack of the 501st easily, but I'm not buying figures I don't need anymore.
Same with the bounty hunter pack. While I'd like the 4-Lom which looks re-done/re-painted, I'm sure as heck not buying Hoth Vader, 300th Boba, or Dengar or GROAN Bossk again.
I'm actually in the process of slimming down my collection, but after seeing how Hasbro is just taking advantage of collectors and using the rather obvious excuse of new mold cost and new young collectors to repackage stuff we complain about is just making me want to move onto other things.
Like reading the news, going for a walk, not shopping so much at Walmart, and wondering why a company like Hasbro can alternately do one figure super-well and then make up for that by repackaging figures from 1998 and 1999 that we don't want to buy again.

To sum it up-501 clones, not matter what the body type(6!41!) are a MOST welcome addition. The baggage they come with is not worth the extended stay and ongoing relationship on my shelf. The pilot could have been kit-bashed with the AT-TE gunner to give us the cool removeable helmet look and Anakin could have had a soft goods cloak and a reworked head with eyes to reflect a Jedi-killin' deep dark side connection.
But I'm sure that in 2009 if anyone is still collecting after the 14th revision of the TIE fighter pilot that Hasbro will re-do Anakin and the Clone Pilot just like I've mentioned.

It's sad to see where this hobby is headed. Instead of giving us continued progress in a ROTS or a VOTC style(non-crazy action features of COURSE), Hasbro cries poverty at the conventions and serves us leftovers and rehashes.

Well, that's enough ranting. It's harsh outside the I-gotta-buy-every-figure Matrix, which at this point is where a LOT of us are ending up.

Oh well...can't wait to see what else is repacked at SD Comic Con.

PS-I really hope that #6 for 2006 is the Boba Fett/Saga/Flame base figure again.
We don't have enough of those w/o having a great VOTC ROTJ Boba, let alone as MottiMearl has pointed out, a VOTC ESB Boba w/o the Hasbro merged Backpack and other little problems....................................

vadersvette
07-13-2005, 01:41 AM
The clones are awesome! #6 still has good articulation except the waist and the funky shoulders, but hey, we're getting 501st clones! Horray!
Why the pilot though? Could've repainted the helmet blue to resemble the ones that kill Plo Koon.
This anakin's been released so many freakin' times (Basic, which had a gazillion variants, vader carrying case, green starfighter, press kit, and now this) They could have painted his eyes yellow and red, and thrown in a hooded robe, or even used the other 'evil eye shadow' anakin figure, but we get what we get.
And as I recall, the Hasbro Star Wars team doesn't have much control over exclusive multi-packs---Hasbro Direct does. They throw together kit-bashed, existing molds, or repainted figures into a set (like the Jedi Temple screen scenes.)
But anyway I'm definately buying this set...I'll just do a little work on Vader's eyes :crazed:

ROTJLuke
07-13-2005, 02:08 AM
Im not so sold on this set...Im debating whether or not to pass...the anakin and the pilot sucks, but the troopers arent half bad...so Im torn..Ill prob have to see it in person

dindae
07-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Well I will be picking this one up. I have been getting 3 or so of every clone so this works for me. I don't need another anakin or pilot but 3 out of 5 is better than a lot of the crap Hasbro has put out there like the KB 9 pack with one new figure which is a POS at that. Plus the pilot is an army builder. I'm glad put four army builders in a multipack. And for those people who need Anakin can get one this way since there aren't any Anakins on the shelves here.

jedi master sal
07-13-2005, 09:44 AM
As much as I hate the idea of getting more clone pilots and a #2 Anakin, I know I'll be army building this set.

Here's one analogy to think of:

If you disregard the two figs mentioned above, then you are basically getting the set for the clones only. At $25 that comes to $8.33 for each clone. Avg cost of a clone at retail stores is $5.88 so you'd be paying $2.45 more for each one. Now take a look at custom clones on eBay and you'll see that prices for these are most times MUCH more than what's mentioned above. And sometimes those customs aren't that great. A rare few are. Also the problem with cuying customs is that you'll never have the same paint scheme. So in a sense, I'll be saving money in that I won't have to bid on customs from eBay, nor will I have to customize these myself (and spend more money, time and frustration in doing so).

Since I'm one for uniformity, and don't want to pay the high cost of eBay customs, I'll gladly but this 5 pack, 5 times over, at least. The extra pilots... well, I already have 15 of them, but I'll just use these extras in a troop "pass and review" scene. Or set them up in the scene with the other pilots. As far as the Anankin goes, I can use some of them for other dioramas, so it's not a total wash with me. Yes, I'd have liked it to have been 5 clones, or at the least 4 clones and a soft cloaked Anakin/Vader. But this will do.

(Now that Hot set though...craptacular!)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Whoa, those clones look killer! :eek: This is a must for me.

vadersvette
07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Wait, is this the Jedi Temple Raid Clone 3 Pack we heard of earlier, or is this yet another set? If so, then we would be getting 6 501st clones! But I'm guessing the 3 pack idea is now the Battle Pack. :confused:

ROTJLuke
07-13-2005, 03:19 PM
hm...who knows...I would def. buy the set if it was just clones instead of clone pilot and anakin...

Hellboy
07-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Those of us that were less than impressed with this offering can rest easy now that a SA 501st Legion Clone Trooper has been announced to be one of the last 12 ROTS figures. :) :) :)

figrin bran
07-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Those of us that were less than impressed with this offering can rest easy now that a SA 501st Legion Clone Trooper has been announced to be one of the last 12 ROTS figures. :) :) :)

yes, believe me i am rest assured now! i'll still probably buy one of the temple attack sets just to fill out my 501 legion (currently consisting of the 4 customs i made)

Hellboy
07-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Looks like this 5-pack is going to be a K-Mart exclusive.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Looks like this 5-pack is going to be a K-Mart exclusive.
Sounds good to me, since K-mart always has plenty of their exclusives (if nothing else). And GH says this is only going to be $20, which rules . . . but we'll see what the real price is when it comes out.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 09:10 PM
AT least I have a K-Mart here dont have to travel to TRU for the other 3 pack.

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 02:09 AM
Im not sure if I would get this pack, and the kmart closest to me is about 3 miles away...