PDA

View Full Version : rumored online exclusive wedge antilles

figrin bran
07-11-2005, 12:16 AM
jeditemplearchives.com reports that Wedge is coming out on an OTC style card later this year click here to read (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/)

if so, this is great news if you're like me and have been waiting and waiting for a better sculpted wedge on his own card.

Kidhuman
07-11-2005, 12:26 AM
If true, I am a step closer to dying a happy man

figrin bran
07-11-2005, 12:40 AM
If true, I am a step closer to dying a happy man

haha! so would R5D4 provide yet another step? ;)

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 02:56 AM

This is indeed great news. A character weve all been wanting on his own card. Prehaps this will turn out to be a great year...but I dont wanna jinx it (knocks on wood) so lets hope for the best. Now if they could do that with another character...hmm...I wonder which one Im talking about...

But great news about the Wedge! :D

Slicker
07-11-2005, 02:59 AM
I'd def. be down for getting a new Wedge. I'll believe it when I see the pics though. Also has the new OTC even been confirmed to be starting again?

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 03:06 AM
Nothing is confirmed yet, all rumors. The OTC and VOTC is rumored, but its not really OTC, its more like saga 2.0, because its new sculpts and repacks of figures from all 6 episodes...but like stated before, its all rumors...so heres to hoping for the best, and the Wedge news is great!

Captain Spoon
07-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I agree with ROTJ, this is great news Wedge was one of the coolest characters out there.

By the way what is the "other" figure you want on OTC carding? Wasn't that the jedi luke with the monkey face and the really bad action feature with the glove on the wrong hand? haha

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 12:15 PM
I agree with ROTJ, this is great news Wedge was one of the coolest characters out there.

By the way what is the "other" figure you want on OTC carding? Wasn't that the jedi luke with the monkey face and the really bad action feature with the glove on the wrong hand? haha

Hahah How did you know? :crazed: :crazed:

abell748
07-11-2005, 01:45 PM
I would get excited about this, but after hearing what we are getting in the Hoth set and seeing that worthless overpriced Diamond rehash, I do not have much hope. Hasbro will give us the Wedge from the Falcon case and not the better one from the Cinema Scene pack with the way things seem to be going right now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2005, 03:03 PM
I hope they'll at least give him a new ANH head sculpt, but I doubt it, seeing as how it'll likely be an internet exclusive. My money says it's gonna be the one from the cinema scene.

ROTJLuke
07-12-2005, 12:05 AM
well with the news about Leia Han etc. wave, prehaps wedge will be new as well

Kidhuman
07-12-2005, 01:01 AM

Yes sir, seeing how for some reason, I got lucky and never bought the first one.

DarkArtist
07-12-2005, 08:44 AM
I think they should release him as seen as a general in ROTJ with a dutch vander body and new head sculpt. I think the Dutch figure is by far the best pilot figure we have seen since the line started in 95. it would be cool to get the deluxe x-wing of wedge's similar to the red leader version except this time we should also get a removable version of mynock the R2 unit assigned to wedge. I mean for $29.99 we should get two figures and not some crappy rehash with a new helmet.

ROTJLuke
07-12-2005, 11:50 AM
I think they should release him as seen as a general in ROTJ with a dutch vander body and new head sculpt. I think the Dutch figure is by far the best pilot figure we have seen since the line started in 95. it would be cool to get the deluxe x-wing of wedge's similar to the red leader version except this time we should also get a removable version of mynock the R2 unit assigned to wedge. I mean for $29.99 we should get two figures and not some crappy rehash with a new helmet.

Agreed, I wouldnt mind seeing that

figrin bran
07-13-2005, 02:38 PM
because i love being the harbinger of bad news...bamboozled and lowballed by hasbro once again (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=103988)

Captain Spoon
07-13-2005, 03:01 PM
hm... let's see old figure slapped onto a piece of cardboard with a stupid *** trading card that sells for $16 dollars.... It's official if hasbro says all the new items are for the collectors they are flat out lying. they could of thrown a new head sculpt on the luke X-wing (OTC) body and re-painted the helmet. It would have taken them 2 frigg'n seconds, WTF???!! Hasbro is lazy as hell and personaly in 2008 I hope someone else gets the license for the figures this is Bull. F hasbro

Ji'dai
07-13-2005, 03:05 PM
personaly in 2008 I hope someone else gets the license for the figures this is Bull. F hasbro
Yer gonna have to wait longer than that. Hasbro has the license through 2018.

What a joke. I can't make fun of people who buy this though since I got snookered into paying for the MF carry case in order to get Wedge the first time. But hey, now you get a Topps card, woo-hoo!

ROTJLuke
07-13-2005, 04:09 PM
disapointing...indeed disapointing...

DarkArtist
07-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah major letdown on this. They could have at least given us the Rebel Pilots 3-pack verison instead of the pegwarmer falcon carrying case version. At least they redid the scanning trooper guy with a new blaster scarring uniform and a different head.
I liked Wedge but this figure is not worth the $16 bucks, after all I picked up this two of these back in 01 for $7 at KB Toys on clearence :cry:

spang2005
07-13-2005, 04:55 PM
This is a dark day indeed. Not only is it a rehash of the hold snowspeeder Wedge (not W-Wing gear), it's not even the good snowspeeder uniform. I would be a little willing to buy this had they used the body from the snowspeeder Luke and Dack with the more accurate collars. Please, I implore you all, don't encourage Hasbro buy paying $16 for this.

TheDarthVader
07-13-2005, 05:05 PM
I agree, the price is ridiculous.

B.
TDV

Slicker
07-13-2005, 07:17 PM
I give a big W for: Whatever Hasbro. I'll still buy it (and so will most of you :p) but this is getting ridiculous. Charge double for a figure and you get a trading card. The damn OTC Emperor came in a Star Case and was only $10.:rolleyes:

Hellboy
07-13-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm a sucker for the OTC style of packaging so I'm pretty excited that they decided to release this figure in that line. I'll need two of these. :greedy:

ROTJLuke
07-13-2005, 08:27 PM
I may buy this one just for the sake of having a carded Wedge in my collection, but I dunno, Im torn on the subject...

Darth Cruel
07-13-2005, 10:13 PM
I know I am being overly optimistic. But the story with those pics does say it is a prototype. I hope they meant mock-up and just want to surprise us with the super articulated body.

Fluke Skywalker
07-13-2005, 11:51 PM
At retail, maybe.. maybe! But $20 + (W/ S&H) online... no way Jose. And I hate POTF 2 figures!!! For this price, is it too much to ask to resculpt the head and put it on the Dutch Vander body? Geesh.

2-1B
07-14-2005, 03:01 AM
Damn, I had no interest in this figure until I realized that Topps is slipping an exclusive card in there . . . now I have to get it.

Slicker
07-14-2005, 03:04 AM
Damn, I had no interest in this figure until I realized that Topps is slipping an exclusive card in there . . . now I have to get it.Hell if you want you can have the card from mine when I order it. I don't collect the damn things.

abell748
07-14-2005, 07:38 AM
I hated being right about this. It is a carded Wedge though...so I have to give in to rehashbro. How I loath them...

JEDIpartner
07-14-2005, 09:07 AM
I'm passing. It's a piece of crap that doesn't deserve my attention.

Devo
07-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I hated being right about this. It is a carded Wedge though...so I have to give in to rehashbro. How I loath them...

You really hit the nail on the head with your earlier post - fair play to you on your prediction. Shame on Hasbro for their predictable laziness and cheapness. Why do they put so much effort into some pilot characters whose screentime was limited to about 20 seconds in all and yet completley neglect Wedge who was in all three OT films??!!! The mind is boggled.

What I find really insulting is the way they draw attention to the fact that fans have been looking for a carded Wedge..."AND HERE HE IS!!!!!". The crap POTF2 beefcake pilot mould...message to Hasbro - I'm pretty sure when those fans you speak of asked for a carded Wedge this is the furthest you could go from what they actually meant - you MORONS.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm passing. It's a piece of crap that doesn't deserve my attention.

Ditto, I will pass

JEDIpartner
07-14-2005, 01:15 PM
message to Hasbro - I'm pretty sure when those fans you speak of asked for a carded Wedge this is the furthest you could go from what they actually meant - you MORONS.

Why don't we have a "notworthy" smilie?!!! I would so use it here. Well done!!!

DarthBrandon
07-14-2005, 01:31 PM
You really hit the nail on the head with your earlier post - fair play to you on your prediction. Shame on Hasbro for their predictable laziness and cheapness. Why do they put so much effort into some pilot characters whose screentime was limited to about 20 seconds in all and yet completley neglect Wedge who was in all three OT films??!!! The mind is boggled.

What I find really insulting is the way they draw attention to the fact that fans have been looking for a carded Wedge..."AND HERE HE IS!!!!!". The crap POTF2 beefcake pilot mould...message to Hasbro - I'm pretty sure when those fans you speak of asked for a carded Wedge this is the furthest you could go from what they actually meant - you MORONS.

Couldn't have said that better & ditto on the pass as well.
With some of Hasblow's choices this year & next I'm going to save large amounts of quid. :D

JEDIpartner
07-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Amen, bruzza!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2005, 01:59 PM
This is beyond ridiculous! No way in hell am I going to get this.

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 02:58 AM
Yea, this is terrible news...I dunno, I expected more from hasbro...thats all..:(

Deoxyribonucleic
07-19-2005, 11:25 PM
"What a piece of junk!"

Wow, Hasbro must really think quite lowly of us star wars collectors. I'm sure as hell glad I'm no completist, with all the fubar'd fig repacks they do. :rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
07-22-2005, 01:06 AM
I was planning on getting this since I never got the one with the MF case. I do have the Rebel Pilots Cinema Scene with Wedge, though. Now, I see pics that indicate this now looks like it is going to be the Dutch Vander sculpt with a new head and helmet. I'll definitely be getting this now. I'll probably save money and buy from EE rather than get the Star Wars shop version with the card.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-22-2005, 09:37 AM
I was planning on getting this since I never got the one with the MF case. I do have the Rebel Pilots Cinema Scene with Wedge, though. Now, I see pics that indicate this now looks like it is going to be the Dutch Vander sculpt with a new head and helmet. I'll definitely be getting this now. I'll probably save money and buy from EE rather than get the Star Wars shop version with the card.

Where do you see this? The picture on the site shows the POTF2 body...same figure that came with the fig case way back when.

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=103988;category_id=;pcid1=; pcid2=

unless SS is holding out on us??? :crazed:

JEDIpartner
07-22-2005, 09:39 AM
It's posted on Entertainment Earth's site and there's a news story about it on the Main Home page of SSG.

Wedge Antilles (Internet Exclusive Figure) (http://images.entertainmentearth.com/AUTOIMAGES/HS87058lg.jpg)

ROTJLuke
07-22-2005, 10:53 AM
def. snaggin this one up, and check out the thread about this in the Saga 2 fourm, you cant miss it :)

Turbowars
07-22-2005, 06:44 PM
You can stop crying now. Hasbro in using Dutch's body. People please relax.;)

I think this was a little game that Hasbro was playing on us. They probably wanted to see if we would just say, Yeah I'll buy it without crying or Hell no, I wont buy it. Hasbro does listen, sometimes. Hell I don't know, I'm probably giving Hasbro too much credit.

I just hope when I get mine from EE it will be mint. I probably should buy a few more so I have a better odds of getting one mint card and then just say I didn't want the others when I got to pick it up.

Ji'dai
07-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Better sculpt, horrible price. I'm still passing.

Darth Alex
07-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Where's our Dack carded? Or a Biggs update with a removeable helmet? Or a ESB Luke Snowspeeder pilot?

Better yet, why not make a Battle Pack with 5 pilots with 2005 likenesses and removeable helmets?

Turbowars
07-25-2005, 01:19 AM
You never know a 5 pack of Pilots might be the next exclusive EE gets. Since the Clone packs have continued to do well and if the 5 packs of Astro do well and I'm sure they will, EE will get more cool 5 packs in the future.