PDA

View Full Version : Leia Boushh bust

Saruman
07-11-2005, 07:28 AM
Has anyone received this item yet? If so, how is it?

Jayspawn
07-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Welcome to the boards Saruman!

I dont think GG has released the Leia Bust yet. Its not even on the secondary market yet. I'm looking forward to recieving mine!

Hellboy
07-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah I was wondering when this was going to hit myself considering we were supposed to get it last month. :confused:

TatooineQueenPLJ
07-20-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm really impressed with the pictures I've seen of this bust. I think they've beautifully captured Carrie Fisher's likeness (something that's been seriously lacking on the Hasbro front.) I think this is the first Mini-Bust that I'm purchasing when it comes out.

What's the release date? September?

Hellboy
07-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Well originally it was supposed to come out in June. Then it was pushed back to July but this month is almost over and GG is notorious for taking their time so I'd guess we'll see it sometime in August. :crazed:

Jaster
07-22-2005, 12:42 AM
woohoooo! I just an email from AFX, Boushh Leia is shipping in the next 2-3 days!:D

Jayspawn
07-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Good to hear. I might have to stop by and place an order then!

Hellboy
07-26-2005, 03:41 PM
I've still heard nothing in regards to my pre-order. :cry:

I hope we're not forced to wait to much longer on this one. I've already cleared a spot for it next to my 4 other bounty hunter Mini Busts. :D

Jaster
07-27-2005, 12:05 AM
It came!:D

this piece is great, the detail is spot on. The detail on the Helmet is amazing as are all the intrecate details on the bandoleer, gear and the thermal. My only complaint is that on mine she looks a little crossed eyed but like I said, the actual helmet is awesome! by the way I got #180/5000.

On a separate note, strange coincidence, I also got my Sirius Black bust from Gentle Giant that I purchased at SDCC. And again a near coincidence? it's #184/500!

TatooineQueenPLJ
07-27-2005, 02:22 AM
With the news that these are starting to show up at retailers I ordered one online tonight.

I can't wait - she looks amazing. Next on the list to pre-order is Han Solo...

Turbowars
07-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Yeah, mine from EE is ready for pick up as well.

Hellboy
07-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah I just received a UPS notice that mine shipped today as well. :D

Saruman
07-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Got mine and I love it! Went without Leia head. Looks better with the rest of the bounty hunters!

TatooineQueenPLJ
08-08-2005, 12:33 PM
I got my Leia last week and she's amazing! Wow! I think she's officially the best looking item in my entire collection, and that's saying a lot. I had convinced myself that I'd display her w/o the helmet. But upon getting her displayed where I wanted to, I have a Hasbro 12" Leia (the TRU exclusive w/ the lightup Han in carbonite) on the shelf w/o the helmet, so the Bust looked better w/ the helmet on.

Truly, this will remain as one of my favorite pieces. I've only just started purchasing these and Leia's now made me a GG convert.

Hellboy
08-08-2005, 02:52 PM
This is without a doubt one of the very best Mini Busts GG has released to date. Just amazing detail and she looks great next to Boba, IG-88, Bossk and Greedo. :D

The only negative thing I would say about this piece is the likeness on the Leia head isn't great but I really don't care since mine will always have the Boushh helmet on.

Jayspawn
08-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Glad to hear some good reviews, I'm still tracking down a place to order one from. Toynk.com has it on pre-order for a good price.

Reefer Shark
08-10-2005, 09:54 AM
I got mine last week at my local comic shop - my favorite place to buy GG stuff. The owner always gives me such a great discount.

It's a fantastic bust, I love it. Of course, mine has the helmet on too. I wonder if anyones gonna actually display it with the Leia head?