PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Exclusive Bounty Hunter 7 Pack!

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks to www.rebelscum.com (http://www.rebelscum.com) for the info, this is a pretty sweet set:

Diamond Comics announced today that they will be carrying a 7-pack of bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back. Available in OTC packaging the set will include Boba Fett, Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, IG-88 and Bossk plus the chief negotiator - Darth Vader. The precise arrival date is unknown but sources have indicated that it will be out before the end of the year.

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/diamond_bountyhunter_7pack.jpg (javascript:onclick=history.go(-1);)

This looks like a great set, and a great way to get all the bounty hunters that were missed prehaps earlier. Again thanks to rebelscum for this news!

Captain Spoon
07-11-2005, 12:22 PM
THe Bobba Fett looks nice however the pose resembles jabbas Palace (post-thermal detanator) than ESB. the other figures all look like good ol' Hasbro rehashed BS, such a bummer,mainly because this damn thing will probobly be $60 or $70. I'm going to go cry myself to sleep in the corner now :cry:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2005, 01:59 PM
I have no problem skipping this set, as I have all the figures in it (except that weird slightly snowy Vader).

Slicker
07-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Once again this is another set that I've been wanting for years. I like how it's set up and I like the execution. I'll have to try my best to get my hands on it.

Turbowars
07-11-2005, 09:14 PM
THe Bobba Fett looks nice however the pose resembles jabbas Palace (post-thermal detanator) than ESB. the other figures all look like good ol' Hasbro rehashed BS, such a bummer,mainly because this damn thing will probobly be $60 or $70. I'm going to go cry myself to sleep in the corner now :cry:I believe the Fett is the 300th Fett from the POTJ. The Cape gives it away.

Nice to see Zuckuss again. I would have liked him on a single card though. Strange it took so long for this set to come out. I don't think it should be an exclusive, this is the kind of set that will fly off the shelves.

ROTJLuke
07-11-2005, 10:18 PM
I believe the Fett is the 300th Fett from the POTJ. The Cape gives it away.

Nice to see Zuckuss again. I would have liked him on a single card though. Strange it took so long for this set to come out. I don't think it should be an exclusive, this is the kind of set that will fly off the shelves.

Agreed. Im more than likely going to pick it up. :) Hasbro is doing great right now, lets wait till CC to see if they stay at this A+ level, but so far, awesome news guys! :D

CaptainSolo1138
07-12-2005, 09:07 AM
I think I'll skip this set since I've already had it for two years now :rolleyes:

I wonder how much I'd get if I PhotoShop'd a box and threw them suckers on ebay? :D

ROTJLuke
07-12-2005, 10:53 AM
hahahaha...lol

Slicker
07-28-2005, 06:53 PM
This 7 pack is on StarWarsShop.com. Surprisingly it's only selling for $35. That's only $5 per figure for those of you that are math deficient.;)

Here's a link. (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=SWHBBHC)

Turbowars
07-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Yeah what is shipping? 15 bucks? What a joke.

bobafrett
07-28-2005, 11:02 PM
I see that it is limited to 10,000 sets. The way it's looking, the only way I will be able to get one is if I win the lottery.

jjreason
07-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Are we all in agreement then that there's nothing new in this set? I don't know where I'd draw the line, I've already been suckered into 3 300th Fetts so far (original, one in TRU 4 pack and one with Target Slave I), I definitely don't need another one. Bossk is a rerelease for sure, as does 4-LOM appear to be. The rest I can't see well enough. There would have to be at least 3 updated figures in this set for me to go ahead and get one.

Kidhuman
07-28-2005, 11:34 PM
I will pass on this "exclusive" set. Not too exclusive when I own the figures already.

BlueSnags
07-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeah what is shipping? 15 bucks? What a joke.

Looks like they are $46.27 after tax and shipping ($7.95). Definitely want to get one of these. 10,000 is a pretty limited run. There were 50,000 Lava Vaders produced. Anyone know if EE is getting these?

Snags

Captain Spoon
07-29-2005, 06:26 AM
I am amazed that this thing is not $60 bucks. I might just pick it up. I lost my loose Zuckass figure, and they are like $25-$30 anyway. I started to put it in my car and shipping was like $8 bucks or so.

trandoshan666
07-29-2005, 06:58 AM
There's nothing new in this set, so I keep telling myself that I should pass on it, but I know I'll get it anyway. Something about multiple figures packaged together always gets me :D

Reefer Shark
07-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Looks like they are $46.27 after tax and shipping ($7.95). Definitely want to get one of these. 10,000 is a pretty limited run. There were 50,000 Lava Vaders produced. Anyone know if EE is getting these?

Snags

Yep, EE has had it for pre-order for about a week now. I ordered mine there so I can do the will-call thing and save on shipping.

Definitely have to have this set. I know they're all rehashes, but I've always wanted a boxed set like this. The OTC packaging is a major bonus too IMO!

Slicker
07-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Definitely have to have this set. I know they're all rehashes, but I've always wanted a boxed set like this. The OTC packaging is a major bonus too IMO!Same reason why I'm buying it. I've wanted a bounty hunters 6 pack for the longest and having them add Vader in makes it that much better.

JawaJoe
07-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Amazingly swshop is a buck cheaper than EE. Thats gotta be a first. Probably a typo.

BlueSnags
07-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Just ordered it from Entertainment Earth - only $38 with "will call/pick up." Sweet!

Turbowars
07-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Hell yeah, I just ordered it from EE about an hour ago. You know we are pretty fortunate to live so close to EE. :)

Hellboy
07-29-2005, 09:47 PM
I don't have a problem passing this up. I'm actually surprised by how many people here are interested in getting this considering all of these figures with the exception of Zuckuss were very common upon initial release. I suppose buying one to keep packaged is appealing to some but I've moved away from buying the same thing twice, fancy packaging or not. I'm pretty much refusing to support any more Hasbro re-packs. It took me a while to realize things like this just add to the clutter and take up valuable space.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-30-2005, 11:02 AM
I just ordered mine off Starwarsshop. I don't own two of the bounty hunters (4-LOM & Zuckuss) so there's a reason for me to get it. For 7 figures it is relatively cheap (you figure 6 bucks apiece per figure average, that's $42) and you are getting them for less than that.

piratefett
07-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Is there any way we can get someone to confirm all of the figures in the pack? By that I mean 300th Boba Fett, POTF 2 4-LOM, ETC... I wouldn't be willing to shell that out for the same figs. With the exception of an updated 4-LOM and Zuckuss that cradle their blaster rifles.

Slicker
07-30-2005, 04:47 PM
They all appear to be repacks. If you check the link on the first page of the thread they have a large picture and they look like the original releases.

piratefett
07-30-2005, 05:11 PM
i agree. i would like to know what they all are specifically if anyone could help.

Kidhuman
07-30-2005, 11:06 PM
I'll confirm it. Rehash-bro is putting it out. What do you think?

Slicker
07-31-2005, 09:02 AM
i agree. i would like to know what they all are specifically if anyone could help.The only one I'm not certain about is Vader but the others look like: Boba Fett (300th figure), Dengar (Saga), Bossk (Saga), IG-88 (POTJ), Zuckuss (POTF FF), 4-LOM (POTF).

Turbowars
07-31-2005, 09:12 AM
Lets play a game here, It's called name that Rehashed figure. OK here we go!

The Vader is from the OTC line with the Hoth Snow on his cape which was originally ________ Vader from the ____________ line in the year______.

Slicker
07-31-2005, 09:16 AM
The Vader is from the OTC line with the Hoth Snow on his cape which was originally ________ Vader from the ____________ line in the year______.Ohh. This'll be fun. Let's see I'll this is the ANH Darth Vader from the OTC line in the year 2004.

Fun game Turbo. We should try it with the rest of the Saga 2 figures coming out next year.;)

Turbowars
07-31-2005, 09:26 AM
LOL, yeah maybe we should, but you didn't answer the question correctly. Please try again. :D Anyone, anyone, anyone?

Ji'dai
07-31-2005, 10:11 AM
The Vader is from the OTC line with the Hoth Snow on his cape which was originally Emperor's Wrath Vader from the Power of the Jedi line in the year 2001.

I think this Vader also appeared in the SAGA Imperial Forces set and in the ROTJ Commemorative Trilogy DVD Collection.

Turbowars
07-31-2005, 10:20 AM
DING DING DING DING!!! YOU ARE CORRECT! You win a choice of either a full case of EP1 JarJar figures or a full case of Neimoidian Warrior figures. I know it's a hard decision, but it's up to you!

Kidhuman
07-31-2005, 11:13 AM
How about a case of Wookie Warriors from SW Va. We can ship immediatly

Turbowars
07-31-2005, 11:26 AM
Yes, that could be arranged.:p

piratefett
07-31-2005, 08:22 PM
holy crap! rehash-bro is right! sorry for the delayed reaction post, i just signed in. thanks for the info kidhuman, slicker & turbo wars ;) totally NOT worth $34.99

Turbowars
07-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Welcome Piratefett.

That may be true, but it sure is presented well. I don't have all my Hunters open and set up together and having them carded together just doesn't do it for me, so this 7 pack is welcome in my collection.

piratefett
08-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Point taken. I too was blown away by the packaging. Cool all in one set. I was tempted to buy it. All I have left of my collection is contained within that box along with a few other figures.

darth cynik
08-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Is that the saga Bossk or the original POTF2 Bossk? I know they weren't drastically different from eachother so I can't tell which is in that box.

I'm gonna pick this set up. I love those bounty hunters, and here they are all in one place and since I no longer have my Zuckuss, Bossk, or 300th Fett I kinda need this... plus I get a Vader I missed along the way too.

SWEET

Slicker
02-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Yet another old thread I'm digging (it's in honor of our dearly departed Cae).

I got my set in the mail last week and finally made it to the post office to pick it up. I bought mine off eBay for a total of I think about $38 (shipping and all). I'm quite pleased with it being a MOC collector and all. The packaging looks good and the figures are prominently displayed in the box without too much extra crap (i.e. twisties and the like). All in all money well spent.:thumbsup:

In case you haven't noticed I'm not very good at reviews.:D

stillakid
02-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Yet another old thread I'm digging (it's in honor of our dearly departed Cae).

I got my set in the mail last week and finally made it to the post office to pick it up. I bought mine off eBay for a total of I think about $38 (shipping and all). I'm quite pleased with it being a MOC collector and all. The packaging looks good and the figures are prominently displayed in the box without too much extra crap (i.e. twisties and the like). All in all money well spent.:thumbsup:

In case you haven't noticed I'm not very good at reviews.:D

I wouldn't go that far...you got your opinion in there and a "thumbs up"...all the requirements for a review are in there. Be proud! :)

Luuuuuuke
02-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Suncoast stores have these, sometimes quite a few. I think they're selling for like $34. I'm passing on these because I'm not a MOC collector, though I'd like to get a Bosk since I stupidly gave away my POTF one several years ago. Puzzle Zoo in the South Coast Plaza(Costa Mesa, CA) had the droid sets, but for $49.99 each.

JediTricks
02-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Golden Apple Comics on Melrose here in LA has a couple of the set for $35. The set includes Zuckuss who a lot of collectors missed out on back in the day. It's also a good looking set, and at that price only $5 a figure so it's an easy-on-the-wallet exclusive. If only they hadn't packed Vader holding his saber.

The Bossk in that set is the newer Saga version, not the POTF2. I think the newer one is pretty good but not perfect. The set also comes with Saga Dengar which I think may be perfect. :D

figrin bran
03-17-2006, 02:18 AM
Tower Records has these sets as well for $34.99 if anyone is still looking for them. it's a great set and all but i passed especially since i'll be shelling out for the bounty hunters bust ups set whenever it comes out.