PDA

View Full Version : Explain your signature line.

Pages : 1 [2]

CaptainSolo1138
03-18-2007, 12:13 AM
You're really gonna crack up when you see how horrible and unwearable those vending panties are. (A friend brought some back from Osaka last year. Too weird.)Its good to know they are, in fact, more than urban myth. I'd seen pictures but thought there was no way in hell they actually existed. As for being unwearable, I specifically requested that he find me a nice, stringy thong. If its gonna be all up in my crack anyway, it might as well look good.

LusiferSam
05-19-2007, 06:58 PM
I just "Alea iacta est" - Julius Caesar at crossing the River Rubicon to my signature line. It's normally translated as "The die is cast." After a couple of fairly big decisions I've had to make in the last couple of weeks it pretty accurately reflects how I feel. Unsure of the out come, but hopeful that I've made the right chose. Once the die lands it will be removed.

Dar' Argol
05-20-2007, 09:53 AM
You know I was reading through and some people are saying . . " Well my first one is this and my second one is this" but they don't match anymore. So I'm quote'n them so when I changed them you can still understand . . . . . I was beginning to get a complex . . . .

Now there's Portable Dar'!!!
This use to be "Now there's Portable Nut" in reference to the PSP squirrel commercial that I love so much. And then I posted here using my PSP and I can't remember who said it but someone mentioned about a Portable Dar'. I almost pee'd myself.

You're just about as useless as JPEG's to Hellen Keller

This is from Wierd Al's "It's All About the Pentiums". I makes me laugh . . . maybe its just me . . . .

“Why do an infinite number of monkeys always want to type "Hamlet"? What's wrong with "Macbeth"? Why not something by Dickens or Poe?”

This is a nod to Hank. Sounds like something he'd say.

timbok
05-21-2007, 03:46 PM
The link in my sig is to my sports site

CaptainSolo1138
05-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Mine is thanking all the folks who donated to my March of Dimes fund raiser. It is getting time to change it though.

Qui-Long Gone
05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
In the words of Frank Caliendo's impersonation of President Bush, "it doesn't take a rocket surgeon" to figure out my sig...

Bel-Cam Jos
07-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Almost one year to the day before the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones trilogy (:hitchhikersguide: :D ) was released was the last time someone posted in this thread?

I forgot to add what I added into mine:

"You're, a... a teacher?" "Part time." - IJatKotCS

It's Mutt's comment and Indy's retort from said film.

CaptainSolo1138
07-13-2008, 12:02 PM
I can best explain my signature by saying, simply, :grillmarks:.

JetsAndHeels
07-13-2008, 12:19 PM
My sig is a portion of dialogue from Shakespeare.

El Chuxter
07-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Is that from Henry V Part II? 'Cause I haven't read that one.

JetsAndHeels
07-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Is that from Henry V Part II?

No, it's from Perry the White.

Jedi_Kal-El
07-13-2008, 12:52 PM
No, it's from Perry the White.

lol Sweet! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
07-13-2008, 01:00 PM
lol Sweet! :thumbsup:

Hehe, just thought that up...

Bel-Cam Jos
07-13-2008, 04:03 PM
I adjusted mine to account for the sad fact that sw.com's "Communication Disruption" photo captions feature appears to be as dead as the Emperor (chance to resurrect it like a clone, maybe? :D ). Therefore, my ego can no longer be beholded. Beheld? Beholdened? Embiggened? :sad:

Jedi_Kal-El
07-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I adjusted mine to account for the sad fact that sw.com's "Communication Disruption" photo captions feature appears to be as dead as the Emperor (chance to resurrect it like a clone, maybe? :D ). Therefore, my ego can no longer be beholded. Beheld? Beholdened? Embiggened? :sad:

Sorry about that blow to your ego, bud.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Sorry about that blow to your ego, bud.Must've been the unlucky #13th selection... now what do I have to live for? :dead:

sith_killer_99
07-13-2008, 06:33 PM
BSG - COL Tigh to Chief Tyrol...

They are talking about plotting suicide bombings and Chief says "Which side are we on." COL Tigh...who had snapped and pretty much lost it at that point replies with "Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."

InsaneJediGirl
07-13-2008, 06:44 PM
My sig line is from the great philosophers of Beavis and Butthead. Pretty basic, just a comment from a Pantera vid.

CaptainSolo1138
07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
My sig line is from the great philosophers of Beavis and Butthead. Pretty basic, just a comment from a Pantera vid.
Rocketboy and I still regularly quote that particular part with regularity.

"Awwww Is that a tear I see Pantera? Is daddy's little boy gonna cry?"

TeeEye7
07-13-2008, 09:59 PM
La línea signatura origina de quizás la frase más famosa de la película La Guerra de las Galaxias. Realmente es algo facilísimo entender. :yes:

Mad Slanted Powers
07-13-2008, 10:02 PM
"Too mainstream for the underground, too alternative for the masses." The slogan for my internet radio station, and it also describes me a bit.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-14-2008, 06:57 PM
La línea signatura origina de quizás la frase más famosa de la película La Guerra de las Galaxias. Realmente es algo facilísimo entender. :yes:?Otras possibles?
Use el fuerte, Luko.
No, yo soy su padre.
No, hace, o no hace. No es una 'proba.'
No es como este. El es mi hermano.
Tengo una emaptia mala de este.
iNo es la verdad... es impossible!
iNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!!!!!!!
iMuerte perros de Jedi!

:D

TeeEye7
07-14-2008, 07:39 PM
¡Muy bien hecho, señor! :thumbsup:

Especialmente: LUKO

Lord Malakite
07-15-2008, 07:49 AM
There isn't much to get from my sig line. The medal count is my video game accomplishments within the three Rogue Squadron games and the Battle For Naboo game. The last line is a link to all the video games I and my siblings own currently (though it needs updating).

Qui-Long Gone
07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I think my signature line is a great way for me to demonstrate how un-original I really am.

I'm like the hack of hacks.

bobafrett
07-29-2008, 06:27 PM
I had to drop one of my long time lines, and added a statement. I mean I've been called a geek because my house looks like a toys R us, and other names, but the fact is, I raised a lot of money for ACS, and the name callers, well who knows what they've done.

JimJamBonds
08-04-2008, 05:43 PM
we came, we saw, we castrated the b*!$#$d's (b*!$@#$ds).

El Chuxter
08-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Something about that guy really does remind me of my older brother, Rex, who left home many years ago.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm due for a change, but here's the old one:

Behold! The Ego of Bel-Cam Jos, 13-Time Communications Disruption Selection:
1/10/06, 1/28/03, 2/20/08, 3/8/05, 3/20/07, 4/20/04, 5/16/06, 7/18/06, 8/1/07, 8/28/07, 10/14/03, 10/31/06, 12/21/04 (http://www.starwars.com/community/fun/caption/2008/02/caption20080220.html) <- Requested Page Not Found :(

Here's a chronology of my "victories" ...
1/28/03,
10/14/03,
4/20/04,
12/21/04,
3/8/05,
1/10/06,
5/16/06,
7/18/06,
10/31/06
2/20/08,
3/20/07,
8/1/07 and then,
8/28/07.
And that U.R.L. is http:// www .starwars. com/community/fun/caption /2008/02/caption20080220.html
:(

Mad Slanted Powers
08-04-2008, 11:29 PM
"He is the Chanel One! Can't you smell it?"
"Much B.O. I sense on you."
Qui-Gon and Yoda in Star Wars: The Cologne Wars

Excellent. I'm guessing Cologne helps protect you from the Dark Side of the Farts.

Obi-Wan - "The Farts is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things."

Vader - "I smell something, an odor I've not smelt since..."

The scene in ESB where Vader starts throwing things at Luke would be accompanied by fart sounds. You can see him gathering his strength to let one rip.

Leia - "You have a power I don't understand and can never have"
Luke - "You're wrong Leia. You have that power, too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have.

jediguy
08-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Yoda's advice to Anakin, and my credit card's advice to me after my shopping spree in late July 2008

mabudonicus
08-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Something about that guy really does remind me of my older brother, Rex, who left home many years ago.
OR "died" in the ice caves at the Casa Cristo 5000, depending on what you believe
:beard: Iso&Baws

You're looking at me very strangely, Speed

El Chuxter
08-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Even if he died in the ice caves, he still left home many years ago.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Excellent.I wasn't thinking of flatulance, but general body odor. Therefore, there are others, that don't require adjustments:

"I thought they smelled bad, on the outside. Uh..."
"I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board."
"What an incredible smell you've discovered."
"Easy girl. Smell something?"
"Ooh! Icky goo."
"I have it, my father has it, and... my sister has it."
"You may use any means necessary."
"The others sense it, why can't you?"
"Not bad, not bad."
"I sense something, something I've not felt since-"

CaptainSolo1138
08-05-2008, 11:20 AM
My new signature is inscribed in the National Nerd Hall of Fame.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Here was my old one:

"He is the Chanel One! Can't you smell it?"
"Much B.O. I sense on you."
Qui-Gon and Yoda in Star Wars: The Cologne Wars

...which was a lame-o pun on the upcoming CGI animated film. My new one is economically-based.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Han: "And it's going to cost you something extra; 12 thousand, 4 hundred." Luke: "12 thousand, 4 hundred? We could almost buy our own fuel-less ship for that." Han: "Yeah, but who's gonna fill it kid; you?"
Han and Luke in Star Wars: A New HikeWith the economy declining more (less?), time to "special edition-ize" it again.

Ando
09-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Mine is stolen from a line in a deleted scene/storyboard on the Robot Chicken Star Wars Special DVD.

I just thought it was a really clever and funny play on Kanye West's outburst from a few years ago.

Phantom-like Menace
09-18-2008, 09:09 PM
My current signature in three parts:

"Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back." --I had to hunt everyone down like a bloodhound, but when SSG was out of the game for a while, JT was nice enough to give us a home. I was one of the few, the proud.

"Good traders: jedi master sal, DarkJedi5" --Props to those who enable me.;)

"The hammer is my penis." --A great line from Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog. http://www.drhorrible.com/mushortio.html My current avatar (I'll be switching back to the Airwolf flight patch at some point in the future) is Captain Hammer's symbol, and some other parts of my bio have been changed to continue the theme.

JEDIpartner
09-19-2008, 09:43 AM
My current signature is a quote from Sissy Hickey from the show/film "Sordid Lives", which is touted as "A Black Comedy about White Trash". LOL

Qui-Long Gone
09-19-2008, 02:54 PM
I can't think of a really good signature line....please help.

The three keys to having a good signature line are?

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2008, 07:32 PM
I can't think of a really good signature line....please help.

The three keys to having a good signature line are?

Having something that people can recognize (Star Wars references are fairly easy here :rolleyes: ), without being a simple copy-and-paste of an existing one.

Having it be more funny, ironic, or satirical than serious.

Inserting any of the following words: pants, doon, dude, inconceivable, gangsta, Deuce, nachos, tumultuous, Gary Coleman, or shindig.

And your current one fits 2 of the 3. Congrats! :D

Mad Slanted Powers
09-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Inserting any of the following words: pants, doon, dude, inconceivable, gangsta, Deuce, nachos, tumultuous, Gary Coleman, or shindig.

And your current one fits 2 of the 3. Congrats! :DSo, all he needs to do is change it so that Qui-Gon says, "Danged if I know, I just read the script....Now, where are my pants?" Then it will be perfect!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-21-2008, 09:34 AM
So, all he needs to do is change it so that Qui-Gon says, "Danged if I know, I just read the script....Now, where are my pants?" Then it will be perfect!Or...
"What are midichlorians?"
"Danged if I know, I just read the script."
"Whachu talkin' 'bout, Master Qui-Gon?"

Or...
"That's nacho problem, Padawan. I just read the script."

Or...
"Inconceivable!"
"I do not think you know what that word means."
"Exactly..."

:yes:

CaptainSolo1138
09-21-2008, 11:59 AM
My sig is set to the tune of "Lady" by Styx

Mad Slanted Powers
09-21-2008, 02:16 PM
My sig is set to the tune of "Lady" by Styx

That's a good song. You just ruined it forever.

JimJamBonds
09-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Mine pretty much explains itself. I was on the winning foursome for a local night club's golf tournement both this year and last year.

pegger
09-24-2008, 01:07 PM
My sig say that Jedi Master Sal is awesome, because he is.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-11-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm updating once more, to include more economic issues (everybody's fave) in the current market world.

Old one was:

Han: "And it's going to cost you something extra; 13 thousand, 8 hundred, 41." Luke: "13 thousand, 8 hundred, 41? We could almost buy our own fuel-less ship for that." Han: "Yeah, but who's gonna fill it kid; you?"
Han and Luke in Star Wars: A New Hike, Special Edition

CaptainSolo1138
10-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Mine is a reflection of my belief that the Red Wing's third line of Cleary/Filpulla/Samuelsson is better than many of the top lines in the NHL and 90% of the second lines. This is due to them having a far superior team than anyone else. Ergo, these fantastic players are playing all the way down on the third line. Werd.

cookiemonster
10-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Mine is a thank you for the people who have helped me.

pbarnard
10-14-2008, 11:33 AM
A quote from his NY Times colum on Sept 19th by the 2008 Nobel Prize in Economics winner.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2008, 09:36 PM
It's not my sig line, but as 2008 is coming to a close, my Location line of "Rockin' my Chuck Taylors for the 100th anniv." will get changed in '09.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Mine includes the steps to making delicious bantha loin for your Life Day feast.

El Chuxter
01-06-2009, 03:36 AM
I'd post a link, but I'd get in trouble.

bobafrett
01-06-2009, 07:27 AM
My second line I came up with what I thought my dad might have been thinking, when I dropped my wifes ring, during the exchange of rings.

DarkArtist
01-09-2009, 10:13 AM
sadly just quotes for SW movies...AOTC and CW. nothing special

Jedi_Kal-El
01-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Mine includes the steps to making delicious bantha loin for your Life Day feast.

I've been looking for a good recipe for Bantha Loin. Thanks John.:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-10-2009, 10:19 AM
My old one:

Han: "And it's going to cost you something extra; 14 thousand, 3 hundred, 38." Luke: "14 thousand, 3 hundred, 38? We could almost buy our own fuel-less ship for that." Han: "Yeah, but who's gonna fill it and pay for the Imperial bailout, kid; you?" Han and Luke in Star Wars: A New Hike, Special TMI Edition

My new one references a phrase used here a bit lately that for some odd reason, I just find hi-larious.

Slicker
01-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Mine is a hilarious joke the likes of which haven't been seen or heard since Bobcat Goldthwaits last comedic performance!

Bel-Cam Jos
01-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Mine is a hilarious joke the likes of which haven't been seen or heard since Bobcat Goldthwaits last comedic performance!And now that I've tried to read it in his distinctive voice style, it is a percentage more funny! :pleased:

And I forgot about the second line. It really is true. I have acted. Some have been on stage. Some in film. I won an award as part of an acting group. Therefore, it is true. :socrates:

JediTricks
01-28-2009, 03:18 AM
Finally passing on the old Simpsons parody...
Hello, my name is 'Emperor Palpatine'. I believe you have a letter for me.
Okay Mr. Palpatine, And what's your first name?
... I don't know.

And going with one that got into my head yesterday, a little twist on a classic SW line...

Hello, my name is Darth Vader, human - Sith relations. And this is my counterpart, Emperor Palpatine.

JediTricks
03-23-2009, 05:53 PM
While my car is in the shop today, the title to this entered my brain, and I spent a few hours writing the story excerpt to go with it. In my sig is the tagline:
She wondered what people would think, what her family would think, if they knew this proper young lady from the right side of town was about to be... RAVAGED BY HILLBILLIES!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Always on the cutting edge of change (by staying the same as long as possible :rolleyes: ), I change mine from:

"I want the things that I had before; Like a necro poster on my bedroom door." Everclear's original lyric to "Wonderful"

Bel-Cam Jos: award-winning star of stage and screen. Really.

... to a more technologically-based spin on a classic SW line below.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Out with the old:

I feel as if millions of MySpace Friends changed their status to "deceased." I feel something :-( has happened.
So what I Twittered you was true, from a certain point of view. - Ben OMG Kenobi

In with the new; due to the recent passing of the King of Pop, I adapt a song lyric or two for the SW films.

JediTricks
06-30-2009, 04:56 PM
I have added a simple mention about the passing of Captain EO, and quoted a really funny line from Beck.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Time for a change, but I don't know if I ever mentioned my sig line from that temporary home away from SSG back in tha day:

Below the message above is typed text. Sadly, there is little of interest to read. Please disperse; there is nothing to see here.Really creative... :rolleyes:

Here's what was to "honor" Michael Jackson:

"It would be unfortunate if I had to terrorize y'all's neighborhood." -Darth Jackson "Meesa startin up wit da meesa in da see-back. Meesa askin himta fixah hees doins." -Jacko Binks "Where did you come from, angel? And whoo won't you take me there, Moons of, Iego." -Anakin Moonwalker

My new one is another pun from a SW line.

Blue2th
08-04-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm currently having trouble with a roofing contractor who butchered my roof and is trying to collect on it a year later after abandoning it and doing all kinds of questionable things, but will not fix it, and is taking me to court. So hence the Shakespeare Star Trek reference.

I'm thinking about changing it to another reference from Star Trek and Moby Dick, because at present he is my white whale.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm currently having trouble with a roofing contractor who butchered my roof and is trying to collect on it a year later after abandoning it and doing all kinds of questionable things, but will not fix it, and is taking me to court. So hence the Shakespeare Star Trek reference.

I'm thinking about changing it to another reference from Star Trek and Moby Dick, because at present he is my white whale."From Hell's heart I stab at thee"?

Blue2th
08-04-2009, 07:11 PM
"From Hell's heart I stab at thee"?

I don't know about that one. They both went down together, or Khan lost. lol

I'm using "breach" for now as in "breach of contract" :yes:

Funny how words from movies can help one's resolve.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-06-2009, 10:50 AM
This one just didn't work for me, so I change it only after a few days:

"You will find it is you are mistaken, about a great, many things." "Like how I kissed my sister? I'm way ahead of you Palpy."

Now I'll try a baseball-related SW line, "until the Boys of Summer have gone."

TeeEye7
08-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I like the new sig line! :thumbsup: lol

Qui-Long Gone
08-06-2009, 02:11 PM
^I thought the sister joke was funny...I was thinking of starting a thread where people could vote on a sig line for me and I would change it 2 or 3 times a year...but I'm not really important and I doubt people would respond to such a thread....but if they would, I'd be willing to be the community-experiment signature line....

Bel-Cam Jos
08-06-2009, 05:45 PM
^I thought the sister joke was funny...I was thinking of starting a thread where people could vote on a sig line for me and I would change it 2 or 3 times a year...but I'm not really important and I doubt people would respond to such a thread....but if they would, I'd be willing to be the community-experiment signature line....Uh, Q-LG, we live in a society where we let TV viewers choose someone's SPOUSE! You having your sig line decided by others is NOTHING compared to that. I say, go for it! :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
08-06-2009, 06:56 PM
^Ok, here goes....suggest a signature line for me by this weekend and when we get, oh, say 4-6 then I'll put them together on a single post and anyone can vote and I'll keep the top voted signature line for at least a month....:D

Batter up....lol

Bel-Cam Jos
08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Any guidelines? Star Wars-related? Funny or serious? Multi-colored text? With or without nachos, pants, My Jar-Jar, etc.?

Qui-Long Gone
08-07-2009, 04:39 PM
^guidelines: a signature line that won't get me banned....

Bel-Cam Jos
08-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Okay, then:

"Why were you banned, Q-L Gone?"
"I aposteed da bad-bad files, flamed da boardos, spammed da Boss' headmaster, den banned!"

Qui-Long Gone
08-08-2009, 09:05 PM
^ So far, you're in the lead! :laugh:

BCJ, I made a new thread and posted your submission:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=40951

Bel-Cam Jos
08-09-2009, 08:41 AM
^ So far, you're in the lead! :laugh:

BCJ, I made a new thread and posted your submission:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=40951Actually, now that there's at least one other post, I'm only tied for the lead. Hope you like your future selection!

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 02:32 AM
Kicked out the Vader one for a line that just struck me as a great comment on the recent events of the fandom. I may have to pull my "Just say JOCASTA NO!" though, because it kinda stands in contrast to the new one:
Another fan for "fuzzy blob shadow from the back of Jabba's Palace on the right #3"!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I added in this part:

"I move for a vote of No Confidence in Bel-Cam's choice for Qui-Long's sig line." - Queen Ami-say-no

... due to my own "against" vote in Q-LG's "Choose Me a Sig Line" contest.

Qui-Long Gone
08-23-2009, 01:40 PM
^vote now! Vote now! Vote now!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-24-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm retiring the 2nd line, and adjusting the first to reflect the Buccos 17th-straight losing MLB season.

"How you doin', you old Pittsburgh Pirate!"- Lando's insult that really irritated Han
"I move for a vote of No Confidence in Bel-Cam's choice for Qui-Long's sig line."-Queen Ami-say-no

Qui-Long Gone
09-28-2009, 01:32 PM
I may end my Jocasta rant...no, I'll keep it for a while

Bel-Cam Jos
10-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Here's how the baseball-related sig line was, and for some reason, I never deleted the left bracket below it:

"How you doin', you old 2009 Pittsburgh Pirate!"- Lando's insult that really irritated Han
[

But my new one is a line from the play I'm in, one of the few humorous ones in The Crucible; it's directed at my character. Our first performance is this coming Saturday, for the next two weeks. Check it out if you're in SoCal then!

p.s. Any new sig line contests, Qui-Long Gone?

TeeEye7
10-20-2009, 04:34 AM
After a carpy night at work with more overtime I don't want (I'd love to get home at my normal time just once!) you're new avatar, location, and sig line more than canceled out the negative!

It's GREAT!! lollollol

Qui-Long Gone
11-03-2009, 10:04 AM
p.s. Any new sig line contests, Qui-Long Gone?

Yes please! :thumbsup::D

Slicker
11-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Well, when you're on a boat you may as well put on your flippy-floppies and ride a dolphin.*

*doin' flips n' sh*t is optional.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Rick Astley's singing on a boat in flip-flops, Slick? :rolleyes:

I am retiring my The Crucible-connected ones:

"A fart on Thomas Putnam! That is what I say to that!"
"The Putnam seed have peopled this province."

... in favor of something else (original, eh?).

JediTricks
12-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Original indeed!

I've retired my last ones:

Dear Lord Vader. My apologies for the cramped conditions in your suit. I assure you, it's the only one we at Mister Sith's of Coruscant (http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=68319007&blogId=511910726) had in stock at the time of your need that wasn't in white or green.
"Rockin' the town like a mouldy crouton!" - Beck

In favor of a modified Mister Sith's and a Christmas message of utmost importance:
Putting the X-wing back in X-mas!

Mister Sith's of Coruscant (http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=68319007&blogId=511910726) - for all your Force-friendly robe, cloak, armor, boot, and helmet needs.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Too lazy to create a legit sig line, so my:

Star Wars!

is now retired, in favor of the following nostalgic glimpse into my younger brain (see the "Post a Picture of Yourself" thread for visual proof) below:

JediTricks
01-09-2010, 11:30 PM
I added a line about my Build A Droid needs to my sig a few days ago, and nobody noticed that it was asking for "Build-a-Droid neds". I don't even know who Ned is...

Bel-Cam Jos
01-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Oak-a-ly doak-a-ly, neighbor-ino.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-18-2010, 09:46 AM
I took out part of mine, a copy of a notebook I found with some old writing and lists of trading cards:

Death Star II stats, according to B-CJ Jr. [ca. 1983] - Vehicles: 20 mill. Size: 10 billion miles around, 30 billion miles tall. Team: Imperial. Laser power: enough to destroy a planet.

and just left my lame allusion to A.C. Clarke's second book in the 2001-3001 four-book series.

JediTricks
02-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I changed out the X-wing line to a vague "nothing to see here, move along" type thing, that sucked so now I have something that I think speaks for itself, especially here:

I'd expect that sort of treachery from you, Emperor Poopatine!

TeeEye7
02-05-2010, 12:49 AM
..."nothing to see here, move along" type thing, that sucked....

Oh, dear sir, if you only knew how legendary that phrase is in my sphere of influence! Without going into great detail, this is a daily phrase used tongue-in-cheek to the unsuspecting, the unknowing, and the unwashed! I'm sorry to see it go! :sad:

JediTricks
03-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Oh, dear sir, if you only knew how legendary that phrase is in my sphere of influence! Without going into great detail, this is a daily phrase used tongue-in-cheek to the unsuspecting, the unknowing, and the unwashed! I'm sorry to see it go! :sad:
It's not that it's not a great line, it is! I use it often too. It's just a boring sig-line.

I've swapped out my last, juvenile one for this rather inspired piece. I wonder how long someone who recognizes it WITHOUT search-engine help will get it.

Ladies, for once, forget you got class. See a guy you like? Just grab 'em in the hyperdrive motivators.

JediTricks
04-07-2010, 04:12 PM
It was Humpty Hump's big line from "Doowutchyalike" by Digital Underground.

I have replaced it for something far more important:

They announce a remake of Gilligan's Island, and we fall back. They make a new PG-13 Nightmare on Elm Street, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn HERE! This far, no farther!!! And We must make them PAY for what they've done. (and then we smash our little ships with a phaser rifle)

I retooled it a little so I could have my build-a-droids as well:
They announce a remake of Gilligan's Island and we fall back. They make a PG-13 Nightmare on Elm Street and we fall back. The line must be drawn HERE! This far, no farther! And We must make them PAY for what they've done. (then we smash our little ships with a phaser rifle)

JediTricks
05-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Well, that had an ok run. But the ratings board screwed me by taking their PG-13 intentions and rating them R. Plus, this new one had me chuckling last night, so I've put it into the sig:

Search your feelings, you know it to be true: you suck!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-23-2010, 08:57 AM
I decided to retire my quite-out-o'-date line of:

"Penalty on #2010, illegal year contact. Repeat 2001st down."

... with something more near and dear to my heart.

. |
. |
\/

JediTricks
05-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Nicely done!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-28-2010, 02:51 PM
I added in the now-outdated response from US athletes when interviewed after winning the big game, SW-style.

bobafrett
06-28-2010, 06:30 PM
First line, a "Thank You" to those who donated to this years "Relay for Life" cancer walk. The second, well Duh.

JediTricks
07-03-2010, 02:16 PM
First line, a "Thank You" to those who donated to this years "Relay for Life" cancer walk. The second, well Duh.
Rock on! Rats, now my new sig looks selfish. ;)

My new sig: "Hello, I am Lando Calrissian, human-cyborg relations, and this is my counterpart, Lobot" it's been stuck in my head for years. It's more accurate than when 3PO says it.

El Chuxter
07-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Shouldn't it be "Hello, I am Lando Calrissian, Lando-female relations...."

TeeEye7
07-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Shouldn't it be "Hello, I am Lando Calrissian, Lando-female relations...."

continuing "...care for a Colt 45?"

JediTricks
07-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Not once have we actually seen Lando get a girl. Maybe that's why Lobot remains mute.

El Chuxter
07-03-2010, 02:57 PM
We don't see Lando get a girl because it is a given, sort of like how you know Han has to use the toilet sometimes, and Leia has to shave her pits, but there's no point in bogging the movie down with such minutae.

Also, the rating would change instantly. Bye-bye, PG. Hello, quadruple-X. Yes, they'd have to invent a new porno rating because Lando is that awesome.

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Something has been bugging me about that Lando sig, the pacing was off, so I added "Mister" to Lobot's name to fill the void. Now it just looks silly. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
07-21-2010, 05:17 PM
I changed the following kinda-lame/pretty lame one:

"You just won the Boonta Eve Classic. Now what are you going to do?" "I'm going to Hologram Fun World! Yippee!"

... to a more baseball meets SW one. But I stand by my cell phone hatred vitriol. :lipsrsealed:

JimJamBonds
07-22-2010, 04:53 PM
I changed the following kinda-lame/pretty lame one:

"You just won the Boonta Eve Classic. Now what are you going to do?" "I'm going to Hologram Fun World! Yippee!"

... to a more baseball meets SW one. But I stand by my cell phone hatred vitriol. :lipsrsealed:

Can't I get a shout out for being an inspiration on that bad boy!?!?! :D

ChukhaTrok76
07-22-2010, 06:13 PM
I think my signature line speaks for itself, resonating the last thing many a stormtrooper on Endor was likely to hear: "Dengar Ewoks!" Also it's cool, cuz it's got Dengar's name in it. works on so many levels. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
07-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Can't I get a shout out for being an inspiration on that bad boy!?!?! :DI did leave a comment in the baseball thread, but you deserve props here, too. And the great thing is, I can update how many years it's been FOREVER! Kidding; it'll end this season. Oh yeah! :Pirate: Arr!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2010, 09:55 PM
I added in a reference to the world's most reliable source of information compared with the galaxy's most trustworthy despot. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
10-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Out with the cynicism of societal obessession, baseball futility, and technological laziness!

"Your cell phone; you will not need it." Luke checks his text messages anyway. Yoda shakes head in despair. That, is why he fails. The Pittsburgh Pirates; borrowing the Palpatine wait-to-rule-the-galaxy tactic for 18 years and going. "It was I who posted on Wiki so the Alliance would know the location of the shield generator. You will find it is you who are mistaken... about every-single-thing."

... and in with a Halloween-themed classic, "tricked" out a bit. :pleased: :treat:

JediTricks
12-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I've added a new one in time for the holidays. I'm sick, so it's not that inspired, but it makes me chuckle. I'm going to change the color to green though.

"Dear Lord Vader, please bring me a pony and a fire truck and a pitiful band of rebels to crush. I've been good all year, and by 'good', I mean thoroughly evil."

I haven't quite decided if it's a little Imperial child writing to Vader instead of Santa, or the Emperor writing to Vader instead of Santa. I guess it tracks as a mix of the 2.

UKWildcat
12-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Check it out!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Switching from Thanksgiving holiday themes to Christmas. Out with the old:

"And in the arena, the Great Droideka rises from its rolling form, and blasts all the good little Padawan males and females." "Happy Boonta Eve, Obi-Wan!"

and in with the new. Sort of.

\/

\/

\/

Bel-Cam Jos
01-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Here's my old one, since Christmas has come and gone:

"You will pay for your lack of visions of sugar plums!" "We'll have lots of fu-un with my tauntaun, until the giant wampa knocks her down."

The new one is, well, different than my previous one. Will it catch on like the Pet Rock or Giga Pets or Silly Bandz? One can only hope and pray. :p

JediTricks
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Ugh, you just took the Fortune Cookie gag and made it worse. :D

BTW, every single line you have there is funny with the Fortune Cookie gag.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Isn't there a "Bib Fortuna Cookies" thread here somewhere? :inbed: :D I was just using the tried-and-true Hollywood technique of "borrowing" a previous story and making it "better." If only I could've made it in 3-D...

JediTricks
01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Isn't there a "Bib Fortuna Cookies" thread here somewhere? :inbed: :D I was just using the tried-and-true Hollywood technique of "borrowing" a previous story and making it "better." If only I could've made it in 3-D...
That is not what I mean. The fortune cookie gag is taking any fortune cookie statement and being able to add "in bed" to the end.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Didn't you see how I "imbedded" the fake emoticon :inbed: in my post? I told you it'd sweep the galaxy...

Qui-Long Gone
01-19-2011, 12:23 PM
The addition to my signature line is in celebration of news that Catwoman will be part of the third Nolan Batman.

Hathaway is one of 20 women I would leave my wife for....:whip:

I'm 100% certain I'm not on her list, so I have no moral guilt having her on mine.:whip:

Mad Slanted Powers
01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
The addition to my signature line is in celebration of news that Catwoman will be part of the third Nolan Batman.But what does "smilled" mean?

JediTricks
02-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I've finally ditched the xmas-themed sig line, and even took out the trades since nobody is doing that anymore. Right now, it's just a simple saying I came up with a few years ago:

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it. - JT
I should hope its meaning is obvious, but if not, it means wielding a weapon doesn't make you wise, the ability to have a weapon and figure out a way to not use it does.

In a way, it's a statement about how so many out there think being a Jedi is merely about waving around a blue blade - the Clone Wars tv show is often guilty of this - but really, it's instead about the deeper meanings behind the wizardly Jedi characters who thought of the saber as a last line of defense and that their job as protectors of the peace often meant not using the saber but the mind.

LTBasker
02-07-2011, 05:39 PM
You've blown my mind, dude.

TheDarthVader
02-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Mine comes from a sticker that was underneath a large piece of glass of my uncle's poker table from about 12 years ago.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-20-2011, 09:58 AM
As JT moaned, my attempt at the "there's an app for that" line fizzled out:

The new game that's sweeping the galaxy: end a SW quote with "There's an app for that."
"I just got this bucket back together." "Agressive negotiations? What's that?" "You tell that slimy piece of worm-ridden filth he'll get no such pleasure from us." "Anakin; you're breaking my heart."

But the newest sig line reports on sad news from the SW political world:

JediTricks
02-20-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't remember bemoaning any such thing. All I said was that it reminded me of the fortune cookie game, and that you've expanded upon the concept with the annoying current catch-phrase. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2011, 04:47 PM
When did "heyblibber" become "hedgibber"? Bel-Cam's version sounds like a dirty woman.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-21-2011, 09:58 AM
I could chalk it up to typical Spacebook misinformation, but actually I thought the word was what I originally posted. A BSLOS is all I can offer for my error, plus changing the word in the sig line:

"I whip my hair back and forth.
I whip my hair back and forth..."

Bel-Cam Jos
06-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Replacing one lame-o attempt to be "current" with the new stuff:

Holonet Update: Senator Jar-Jar Binks' re-election campaign hits a major snag when photos and files of his clumsiness and cowardice appear on heesa friends' Spacebook pages: smashin da bosses' heyblibber, steppin in icky goo, mygivin up to battle droids, etc.

... and replacing it with another lame-o one. Enjoy.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Man, my sig line creativity seems to be on an extended vacation; therefore...

Replacing this one:
Regarding Spacebook - Threepio: "I don't think he'll 'like' you at all." Artoo: "Beep?" Threepio: "No, I won't 'like' you either." Artoo: "Boop..."

With the summer-related line below.

JediTricks
07-09-2011, 06:20 PM
I was talking to a buddy last night, and in response to something he said, while thinking about the new Star Tours commercial, I responded:
Darth Vader is rapidly becoming the Ronald McDonald of Star Wars.

And I firmly believe it, so I put it in my sig.

JediTricks
09-16-2011, 12:56 PM
I have added another line, something that popped into my head while posting a few minutes ago...

"He's more man now than machine. Twisted and evil." - Cybertronian Star Wars

Bel-Cam Jos
09-18-2011, 05:50 PM
If lame signature lines could power vehicles, I'd had have cornered the market. The summer ends, so my summer one ends, too...

Where do all the moisture farmers head to enjoy the summer on Tatooine? Mos Yourspa.

And I add in a cheesy pun for the recent SW disc release...

Blue2th
10-03-2011, 10:56 AM
I like Jar Jar Binks stupid quotes even though he's irritating, but that's the point, I like to irritate.
I used to have a direct quote from Episode 1, but I just opened my awesome Opee fish took a pic and decided to change one word that fits (I need a micro Gungan Sub now for him to eat)

It's funny now there's a clothing line that's called Moui Moui. Those rip-offs!!!

JimJamBonds
10-03-2011, 12:36 PM
...And I add in a cheesy pun for the recent SW disc release...I LOVE the Ray Guy comment! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Got to be more holiday-related. So out with this old:

Who did Tatooine's Raiders vote for 'best deleted scene' in the new SW 6-disc set? BlueRay Guy's booming punt.

... and in with a Grinch-y foul, vile, mean, nasty, termite-smile-infested one. :evil:

El Chuxter
12-07-2011, 08:43 PM
It goes with my avatar. Do a search if you don't get it. (But be warned, I will weep for the educational system if you don't.)

Bel-Cam Jos
01-03-2012, 11:37 AM
The Grinch is gone for the next year or so, and so is my old sig line:

"Threepio, you tell that stink, stank, stunk that he'll get no such pleasure from us, right? I wouldn't save him from a sarlacc with a 39.5 foot pole."

My newest one will bring on the panic that will culminate on Dec. 21st of this year:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-29-2012, 09:18 AM
... aaaaaand apparently, this end-of-the-world prediction was different from all the others... in that none of the others got me to create a sig line about it. Well; that's that. :brusheshands: Back to our post-apocalyptic world...

Threepio: "The odds of sucessfully surviving armageddon are 2012 to 1." Han: "Migh'n't tell me the odds!"

A bit tardy, but this one's a Disney-fied SW line:

JediTricks
01-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Heh heh, that's a pretty good spelling of Goofy's type of speech.

I modified my middle sig to something I always thought about but for some reason never got around to correcting.

El Chuxter
01-03-2013, 10:46 PM
As anyone can tell, I opted for Richard Harrow over Jack the Ripper because he's at least 30 times as badarse. My sig is the quote that cemented his ranking as the baddest anti-hero in television history. And, no, I'm not speaking in hyperbole.

Search YouTube for "Richard Harrow Artemis Club." Definitely NSFW, so be warned.

JediTricks
01-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Good bye Ronald, hello Mickey.

Old: Darth Vader is becoming the Ronald McDonald of Star Wars.

New:
Darth Vader is becoming the Ronald McDonald of Star Wars.
Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.
---

I trust I don't need to explain the change. :p

I also pulled the Cybertronian line entirely out to make room:
"He's more man now than machine. Twisted and not-evil-enough." - Cybertronian Star Wars

Bel-Cam Jos
01-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Here's another paradox for you, JT (uh, Bel-Cam, will you PLEASE cut that out? :mad: ;) )... I like your sig line, while also loathing the reasons behind it.

JediTricks
01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Here's another paradox for you, JT (uh, Bel-Cam, will you PLEASE cut that out? :mad: ;) )... I like your sig line, while also loathing the reasons behind it.I hear dat! It's going to get worse before it gets better, I fear.

Skimwords was adding a link to the last line of that part of my sig, but with all the colors and styles I was out of room to fix, luckily I figured out a way to address it without changing anything.

JediTricks
04-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Out with the Ronald McDonald, in with the Indiana Jones reference:

--

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"

--

(and if that's the case, then what's Chewie's real name? :D)

Bel-Cam Jos
04-06-2013, 10:21 AM
My old one, that had some humor about the recent Disney "adoption" of the Star Wars brand...

Han: "Who you callin' 'Goofy'? Gawrsh, uh-huck, uh-huck!"

... has been replaced by one far more bitter, and cycnical. :cry: :sad: And with more confusing references. :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
05-04-2013, 08:30 AM
No more need for that negativity regarding Disney's takeover of Star Wars products.

Bambi II: First Blood - Nemo Gunshy: “I have your permission to close the licenses, my lord?” Disz Lucacide: “Wipe them out. ALL of them.”

My new one is proof that SW fans are more polite than those demanding ST fans with their "Live long and prosper," or "Warp speed, Mr. Sulu" lines, where you are told what to do: ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
05-09-2014, 09:40 PM
This one's been here over a year now, wow. I should be more creative more frequently. :(

"May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

New one feels the sadness at the recent news about fiction from Star Wars... :cry:

JediTricks
06-13-2014, 12:45 AM
Out with the
"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"

and in with the
"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"