PDA

View Full Version : Explain your signature line.

Pages : [1] 2

2-1B
08-21-2001, 04:11 AM
I get a kick out of reading these!

Some I recognize as direct quotes from films, others are jokes that I get, and then there are some that I . . . uh . . . don't really get.

And so I ask, what is your inspiration for these bits?

I borrowed mine from the documentary, From Star Wars to Jedi. I always laugh at the Jabba operator who states that "The smoke from this cigar is for Jabba. If I was drinking for him, it'd be the perfect job." It served as a running joke with some friends years ago in high school.

Please share !

GNT
08-21-2001, 04:25 AM
My signature was in the EP1 script but was cut from the movie I think,I've had it forever because I'm not as creative as JT :rolleyes:

good shot jansen
08-21-2001, 08:07 AM
after all, these are toys were tawkin about!

QLD
08-21-2001, 08:50 AM
If anyone needs an explanation of mine, well, there isn't much I can do for you.

Grif
08-21-2001, 08:59 AM
Mine was in a comic in a Toyfare magazine. Jex Porkins was the real Jedi Knight and this line was said my Vader.

Grif
08-21-2001, 09:04 AM
Alrighty. Mine did not save. It says "Khoo-Ha... Please Pass The Jelly" when it does work.

Eternal Padawan
08-21-2001, 09:25 AM
Well, my signature line is so obscure, it would take too much time to explain it.

evenflow
08-21-2001, 09:46 AM
Well, I have two short quotes.

"It can't rain all the time" is from the Crow. It basically represents life. Times may be rough, but it doesn't last forever. Just with stand the pain, and evenutally you will be stronger for it.

"Quote the Raven, nevermore" is from Edgar Allen Poe. It is also used by the wrestler Raven. Just a cool saying and fits my occupation.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2001, 10:28 AM
Actually evenflow it's supposed to be "Quoth the Raven, Nevermore." But I guess Poe had a slightly different way of conjugating his verbs. Perhaps he was nipping at his cask of amontillado whilst penning that poem.

But, I digress...

I derived my tag line from that 90's hit video game Zero Wing and its signature "All your base are belong to us." I guess a ghostwriter credit should go to BCJ3 for bringing it to our collective attention in the old forums.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-21-2001, 11:30 AM
I derived my tag line from that 90's hit video game Zero Wing and its signature "All your base are belong to us." I guess a ghostwriter credit should go to BCJ3 for bringing it to our collective attention in the old forums.
Sorry, Mand Can, I'd love to take credit for that, but you must have me confused with someone else. I'm Roger Murdock; I'm the co-pilot. :D Seriously, I have never heard of Zero Wing, so some other SSG poster must'a brought it up.

My quote is a combination of Back to the Future character Marty McFly and another famous "Mc" character, What's-My-First-Name MacGyver, known for fishing with gum wrappers, magnetizing metal pens, and creating TNT powder from his dandruff. If only the two guys could meet... :p

Mike Troxell
08-21-2001, 11:32 AM
"Dick Laurent is Dead" is something of great importance in the mystery-wrapped-in-an-enigma-wrapped-in-a-film that is "Lost Highway".

master jedi
08-21-2001, 02:05 PM
Eventually I'll put something witty where my signature is.

GNT
08-22-2001, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Well, my signature line is so obscure, it would take too much time to explain it.

Can you please it explain it I just don't understand!:rolleyes:

Eternal Padawan
08-22-2001, 03:26 AM
Macgyver's first name was Stace.

Stace MacGyver.

Yup. It was a trivia question I lost years ago and it stuck in my head ever since.

As for my signature...very well. There was a movie that came out in 1985 called "Mischief" starring Kelly "wife of John Travolta" Preston and a bunch of people whos careers went nowhere. At the beginning of the film a caption comes up that says "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....Ohio, 1956" I borrowed the caption and replaced galaxy with forum in honor of the old forums where I was an Eternal Padawan, along with a whole host of other snappy posters. So that's where I got my signature :p

2-1B
08-22-2001, 03:33 AM
Did Lucas bring a lawsuit? I'd be surprised if he didn't . . .

Anyway, is it Stace as in rhymes with Mace, or Stace with a long "E" as in Stacy Keach?

evenflow
08-22-2001, 08:36 AM
I know it is supposed to be quotH, but for some reason I like the way quote sounds better. It's just me though.

QLD
08-22-2001, 08:38 AM
MC, it was I who brought the All Your Base craze to SSG. And for any of you who haven't seen it.....go for it!

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~pyang/base/allyourbase.swf

bigbarada
08-22-2001, 09:00 AM
My current signature, along with my previous one, came from the episode of That 70's Show where they all go off to see Star Wars on it's premiere night.

El Chuxter
08-22-2001, 03:10 PM
I just changed mine. The old one was from a GNR song; the new one is based on one of the worst lines in Star Wars history. You figure it out.

Starfig873
08-22-2001, 04:05 PM
Ever see Ghostbusters II? Good. I took my sig from the line the three say after catching the Scoleri Bros. in the courtroom scene. :p

JediTricks
08-23-2001, 03:20 AM
Boy will this thread be confusing when you guys all change your sig lines. ;)

Mine is just a statement that I think Lucas is capable of anything... ANYTHING! :D

Starfig873
08-23-2001, 07:50 AM
Egads man! Even the production of Cheese? Surely George can't do that!

;)

Darth Cruel
08-24-2001, 12:47 AM
Mine is actually a personal (not private, though) joke that came from a post I read one time. A lady (if I remember right) said that her family name was Krulevich (spelling?) but her family changed it, I don't remember the true reason she gave. And, of course, when I read that post I jokingly posted that mine was also Krulevich but that I "Americanized" it when I immigrated here.

As sad as it sounds, I still get a kick out of it from time to time.

El Chuxter
08-24-2001, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Starfig873
Ever see Ghostbusters II? Good. I took my sig from the line the three say after catching the Scoleri Bros. in the courtroom scene. :p

Great line, Starfig873, but I've always been partial to
"Doe."
"Re."
"Egon!"
:D

bigbarada
08-24-2001, 01:58 PM
I have to change mine since it's been edited. Shoulda known ah couldna evade dem Administrators fer long. Sharp as tacks dey is!:D :D

(I'm not upset, I was getting bored of it anyways.)

Utinni
08-24-2001, 02:03 PM
Mine just stops and makes you think (in a positive kind of way). I saw it framed in an antique store years ago and it always stuck with me.

Utinni
08-24-2001, 02:05 PM
When it works :(

bigbarada
08-24-2001, 02:08 PM
See the 'editing signature woes' thread in the 'HOW DO I?' section. Pretty much most of us had this problem the first couple of days.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-24-2001, 04:36 PM
Boy will this thread be confusing when you guys all change your sig lines.
So what you're saying, JT, is that we should put our sig lines in the body of these messages, like this:
''You built a time machine... out of a paper clip?'' - Marty McFly to MacGyver

I'm not a big fan of when changes occur, that old posts also change (i.e. Post ranking, Post Counts, Signatures, Avatars). But what're ya gonna do?

Here's possibly another sig line below: \/ \/ \/ (these are crappy down arrows)

JediTricks
08-25-2001, 09:23 AM
Yeah, the system is complicated like that, it's to minimize the info draw each post needs, I believe. It's a small price to pay for a forums that doesn't have a million little errors though, IMO.

Barada, that's actually the work of the autocensor, I didn't know Steve wanted "that word" censored even when not in the literal sense, but it looks like you found out right as it happened. ;)

Jargo
08-25-2001, 10:08 AM
I changed my signature line after BigBarada got me thinking about Monty Python films. I love that scene where the crowd all speak in unison under Brians window.

Brian: "You're all individuals"

Crowd: "Yes! we are all individuals..."

Skinny bloke: "I'm not..........."

Magnolia-Fan
08-25-2001, 12:51 PM

bigbarada
08-25-2001, 04:04 PM
My new one is a reference to a sketch on the TV show Mad TV, that came out a few weeks before Ep1. The premise was, George Lucas wanted a more 'homey' feel for his new films and hired some hack folk-song writer (can't remember his name) to write the soundtrack. My sig line is what he came up with. Try singing it to yourself with no melody or rhythm.

Magnolia-Fan
08-25-2001, 04:27 PM
I love that skit!

The singer was supposed to be Randy Newman.

Here's a link to the skit:

http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/video/madTV_TFN.mov

bigbarada
08-25-2001, 04:41 PM
Cool! Thanks for the link, Magnolia-Fan! It's been so long since I've seen that skit, that I forgot how funny it was!:cool:

Magnolia-Fan
08-26-2001, 10:31 AM

Utinni
08-26-2001, 01:23 PM
okay...work this time...

master jedi
08-26-2001, 08:59 PM
Why did you edit your post to say nothing, Magnolia-Fan?

Magnolia-Fan
08-26-2001, 09:42 PM
Long story. I'll give you the short version.

If you saw my signature yesterday, you of course realize it was potentially "offensive" to some readers.

Well this morning, I found it missing from everything I posted yesterday (one of the moderators must have taken offense).

So I deleted my first post that gave the reason for the signature, since that post did not make sense anymore.

Then I started grumbling about my predicament in a new post, but had second thoughts about it (I didn't want to **** and moan and put everybody in a bad mood), so I deleted that one too.

Hence, my two empty posts.

GNT
08-27-2001, 01:59 AM
My signature is now purple :)

master jedi
08-27-2001, 07:30 PM
And my signature is now blue.

Lobito
08-27-2001, 07:51 PM
Mine has nothing to do with Star Wars, it just a line i always say...

stillakid
08-27-2001, 11:04 PM
My favorite Indiana Jones line from Raiders...

pthfnder89
08-28-2001, 12:01 AM
Can't remember who was supposed to have quoted my tagline, but damn if I haven't found it to be true....

Bel-Cam Jos
09-04-2001, 08:02 PM
You're right, JT. These do look odd if you cahnge your sig line. See if any of you recognize where this one came from:
"Artoo-Deetoo was crashing through the ice caves in Cloud City when a slimy creature showed up and then disappeared into space where sad farewells were said." In case I change it again!

El Chuxter
09-05-2001, 11:43 AM
BCJ(formerly3), I already sent you a PM about your new sig line, well before reading this, but I'll give someone else a chance. :p

JediTricks
09-05-2001, 12:35 PM
I got nothin'...

JediCole
09-05-2001, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
My current signature, along with my previous one, came from the episode of That 70's Show where they all go off to see Star Wars on it's premiere night.

Barada,
Interestingly enough, I had always taken your quote to have been a nod to Monty Python. The "Pirinha Brothers" segments of one show included interviews with various gangland characters including Stig O'Tracy who said of Dimsdale Pirinha, "He was a cruel man...but fair!". Perhaps the writers of That 70's Show used that line as a nod to Monty Python as they no doubt would be somewhat familiar with the sketch I referenced.

bigbarada
09-05-2001, 11:43 PM
As JT said this thread will get very confusing when someone changes their sig line.

My 70's Show sig line was: "If I don't see some space jugs I'm gonna be pi**ed!"

My Mad TV sig line was: "Stah Wahs.......Stah Wahs.......oh dem Stah Wahs"

My new "He was a cruel man....but fair." line does in fact come from the Monty Python sketch. I just hadn't gotten around to explaining it here.

JediCole
09-05-2001, 11:50 PM
Fast work, Barada. And thank you for helping stop any further confusion from my mistake. I had only seen the Star Wars episode of That 70's Show when it originally aired, so I don't recall everything that was said. I thought perhaps that line was used in reference to Darth Vader or something. I do now recall your previous signature line that was very much from that episode.

El Chuxter
09-06-2001, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
My Mad TV sig line was: "Stah Wahs.......Stah Wahs.......oh dem Stah Wahs"

And to think that I believed it was Bill Murray from SNL:
Star Wars, oh those nutty Star Wars
Please don't let these Star Wars
End

Oh Star Wars, if they ever bar wars
I hope they let these Star Wars
Stay

JediCole
09-06-2001, 03:12 PM
I was inspired by this thread to finally settle on a signature line. But in my own dubious way, I will not yet reveal the source of this line. I thought it would be fun to see if anyone could hazard a guess as to its origins.
Have at thee!

El Chuxter
09-07-2001, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
See if any of you recognize where this one came from:
"Artoo-Deetoo was crashing through the ice caves in Cloud City when a slimy creature showed up and then disappeared into space where sad farewells were said."

Since no one's bitten, here's a sort of oblique answer from memory, so probably a word or two off:
"Lando Calrissian was taking an oil bath in an asteroid field when the Princess appeared and sucked him into a Sandcrawler where giant teeth blocked any escape."

JediTricks
09-08-2001, 09:56 AM
Unless the LP for ESB was skipping, I'll guess it was from one of those story threads on the old SSG forums.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2001, 11:50 AM
JT, Chuxter knows. But El C., I don't think Lando was a main choice in that BOOK. Hint, hint to the rest of you.

Obi-Don
09-09-2001, 06:04 AM
Mine isn't to hard to figure out.Its the trade mark line in every movie from Star Wars.

I have a bad feeling about this.

JediTricks
09-09-2001, 01:04 PM
Aw slag you guys, 5 days is long enough wait, cough up the answer like a smoker coughs up black stuff in the morning. ;)

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 02:23 PM
I'd explain my new newest sig line, but I'll just get bored of it and change it in a week anyway so....nevermind.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-09-2001, 05:00 PM
If anyone recalls the old SW: Mix and Match Storybook that came out around ESB time, it allowed you to make story with different characters. Often, they got pretty funny, at least to me as an 8 year old. That's where my sig line comes from.

Mike Troxell
09-09-2001, 05:28 PM
If I explained my alias, your head would explode.

That's why you shall never know.

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 05:31 PM
Doesn't it have something to do with Lost Highway?

Mike Troxell
09-09-2001, 05:36 PM
Listen to me, bigbrabarbara (thanks for the mammaries ;)

The signature quote is indubitably from Lost Highway, but my alias is Kalvin Blunt. Stew in your juices my friend. That's right, stew.

JediTricks
09-10-2001, 09:20 AM
If anyone recalls the old SW: Mix and Match Storybook that came out around ESB time, it allowed you to make story with different characters. Often, they got pretty funny, at least to me as an 8 year old. That's where my sig line comes from. Hmmm... I feel unrewarded. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
09-10-2001, 07:22 PM
Would you have prefered "sucked into a sandcrawler," "when an Ugnaught scurried by," "was hiding behind a rock," "where rows of giant teeth blocked any escape," or "was looking for his gimer stick" instead, JT? :p Those were other options.

"If self-satisfaction is all you seek, than that's what you'll receive. Your friend is quite the Moderator. I wonder if he really cares about Star Wars. Or any sci-fi."
"I do. I care..." :mad: :( :confused: :) ;) :p :D (hmmm... bipolar...) ;)

Brave Sir Robin
09-11-2001, 12:59 PM
my signiture line contains quotes from 3 of my 50 million favorite movies: Edward Scissorhands, Monty Python Live At the Hollywood Bowl, and Raiders of the Lost Ark

PloKoon2385
09-12-2001, 08:05 PM
So, you are trying to find out my secrets huh? Is that it? Can't think of your own? I see...... Anyways.......I choose mine because, it is true, none of you have the Force, therefore it hangs around ME, because I am almost perfect. Ok......:confused:

master jedi
09-12-2001, 09:05 PM
I've changed mi signature to poke fun of the prequels. I hope you like it.

El Chuxter
09-17-2001, 03:07 PM
In light of the events of last week, I just changed mine from "Funk's a-comin', Ani. I can feel it in me bones!" It's now "Maybe it's not too late to learn how to love, forget how to hate," a quote from Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train. I also retired (for the time being) the Jawa God of Thunder icon.

Mike Troxell
09-17-2001, 05:06 PM
I've retired my Lost Highway quote because I don't want any more reference to death in my signature.

The new quote is a declaration of peace from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Also, the Nien Nunb icon has gone into retirement. Not real retirement, mind you, but retirement in a Michael-Jordan sort of way.

JediTricks
09-18-2001, 08:16 AM
Trox, just a note, it's spelled "San Dimas".

I'm not changing my icon or my sig line simply because I know that eventually, they'll change back, and nobody will remember me putting those in my posts.

Mike Troxell
09-18-2001, 03:39 PM
"Yousa" point is taken. Thanks JT.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-25-2001, 11:23 AM
I hope, again, I did this right. I was getting tired of my old line, so I altered it. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Old: Artoo-Deetoo was crashing through the ice caves in Cloud City when a slimy creature showed up and then disappeared into space where sad farewells were said.

New is below (I hope).

Rollo Tomassi
11-25-2001, 12:17 PM
Isn't that from ESB? When he's getting tatooed..er...tortured?

Plus I just stack all my signatures so I never have to pick just one... eventually, my sig line will be bigger tham most of my posts...:D

Bel-Cam Jos
11-25-2001, 05:44 PM
No, Rollo. The ESB line goes: "Ah, ah. Yeaaayyyyyghhhh!!!!!! Eeeaaagghh ahhhhhhh!!!" See the difference? :rolleyes:

Others I thought of:
Luke in ESB: "Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!"
Red Leader in ANH: "Yeeeaaahhh-"
R2 in ANH: "Whoooeeeeee!!!!"
Boba Fett in ROJ: "Ahhhhhh!!!!!!"

But they didn't quite sound right.:happy:

Wolfwood319
11-25-2001, 06:01 PM
"The cookie stand is not part of the food court."

"Of course it is."

"The food court is downstairs, the cookie stand is upstairs, its not like we're talking quantam physics here."

"The cookie stand eatery, the eatery counts as part of the food court."

"Eateries that operate within the set designated square downstairs count as the food court, anything else is just an autonomous unit for mid-mall snacking."

I hope that clears up any questions you may have had.:D

Rollo Tomassi
11-26-2001, 03:20 AM
I stand corrected, BCJ. Solo in the Death Star hallway...:rolleyes:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-26-2001, 02:26 PM
Call me a pacifist, call me a peacenik, call me what you will, but I think many wars (not all) are avoidable and fought over petty, stupid reasons. The fighting itself, a lot of the time, delays the inevitable, especially in the wars without a cause. You have a lot of violence, bloodshed, and sonless mothers all for what?

Granted some wars are necessary and unavoidable (WWII, the Civil War) but there are many more that have no true clear or that have naive objectives, causes, motives, etc. (the war in Vietnam, countless invasions and guerilla wars in Latin America, Yugoslavia, Somalia and many others.)

In the end you have a lot of pain, suffering, grief, and even the victors feel this way.

Rollo Tomassi
11-26-2001, 03:36 PM
Whoo-hoo! All of my old signatures!!! Except...

"Then I want you to try 'werry' hard to get me a missile."

and I edited

"Keep your distance, but don't look like your trying to keep your distance. I don't know. Fly casual."

down to it's essence. but otherwise...ALL THERE! I even added the Pants one for good measure...

Ahhhhhh...you guys are annoyed. I can tell. Good.:D

GNT
11-27-2001, 04:51 AM
I have the same signature as I had before,Line was in the EP1 book but was cut from the film,one day I will change it but im not that creative as some of you :)

Rollo Tomassi
11-27-2001, 08:07 AM
How do you get that little TM by your name?

And while were on the subject, how do you get the strikeout line thru letters and a little copyright c with a circle around it, too...

Bel-Cam Jos
11-27-2001, 06:54 PM
I've copyrighted the term "copyrightt" (not really, but see a previous thread by using the Search option, if you're really bored), so I'll demonstrate little text: COPYRIGHTT TM (Yes, I know copyrights and trade marks aren't the same; so sue me. No, I'll sue you! For copyrightt infringement!).

But the strike text option seems to be, well, on strike and no longer here. :(

GNT
11-28-2001, 06:23 AM
Alll rights reserved = ®

Copyright = ©

Trademark = ™

Double Arrow = »

I have copyrighted© Rollo Tomassi™ , all rights reserved® :D

Rollo Tomassi
11-28-2001, 10:38 AM
How do you make the little ® , © , and ™ signs? (I cut and pasted before you ask.) is it a special program? or do you hit ALT something? or CTRL something?
:(

JediTricks
11-28-2001, 10:23 PM
Rollo, you can bring up the Windows Character Map, on my Win95, it is in the start menu, under Program Files-Accessories-Character Map. You can double click a character and put it into the reserve, then copy the reserve to clipboard; or you can just highlight the character and read the alt+ code.

Sith Worm
12-04-2001, 10:03 PM
Mine is obvious, LOTR nut as well as SW. As for yours Casear, I believe the line goes "if I were drinking import this would be the perfect job." And Cole I know were it's from, but i'm not gonna tell.(because he told me none of you will ever get this movie)

Rollo Tomassi
12-05-2001, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Rollo, you can bring up the Windows Character Map, on my Win95, it is in the start menu, under Program Files-Accessories-Character Map. You can double click a character and put it into the reserve, then copy the reserve to clipboard; or you can just highlight the character and read the alt+ code.

Thanks JT!®©™
:D :D :D

Does anyone know the exchange rate between £ and €?:D

Or the ¥??:D

¼+½=¾

Circumfrence = pi x r²

WHOO HOO!!! I've found a new toy!!!

Rollo Tomassi
12-08-2001, 10:52 AM
Bumping this up...

TeeEye7
12-10-2001, 08:43 AM
When Star Wars came out in 1977, I was a graduate student at the University of Madrid, Spain. I saw the movie countless times that year. So, when I hear, 'May the Force be with you', it's more recognizable to me in Spanish rather than English. My sig line helps remind me of the beginning of it all.........

JediCole
12-21-2001, 12:03 PM
I finally got tired of my old signature line, "Ah, the deuce you say..." (which is an obscure line from Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension). I have now changed to an equally obscure line from an equally quirkly film.

The new line is from "Being John Malcovich", one of my all time favorite movies. If you are unfamiliar with this unique film, you should check it out sometime. It is funny and surreal and well done all around.

getoninja
12-22-2001, 12:56 AM
I got mine from married with children t.v. show,,,,
kelly bundy said it,,
so I thought it would be cool,,,and funny..... I just hope it shows??

p.s. how do you get a logo picture like that, of a character, on the left of the thread? "say what?"

GNT
12-22-2001, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by getoninja
p.s. how do you get a logo picture like that, of a character, on the left of the thread? "say what?"

Just go to "User CP" at the top right hand of the page,click on that,edit profile,go to the bottom(I think) where it says "Avatar" and change it to what icon you want,If you want to have your "own" icon you must first reach 75posts before doing so!

Bel-Cam Jos
01-06-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong a long time ago
All Your Base Are Belong to Us

Q-LD, tonight's Futurama episode, with a part on old 1980s video games (hilarious, BTW!), one character with a big brain said the magic phrase. Yippee! :)

mylow thehutt
01-06-2002, 11:29 PM
:)Well mine is from a new video game,Luke and Bo-shek team up to stop big robot from wiping out the planet,

What!?!?what!?!

mylow thehutt
01-06-2002, 11:44 PM
:) Ok i changed it to my favoret line in scarymoive,i know he doesn't say ash and theres more parts to the line but famliy orented site ya know.;)

El Chuxter
01-07-2002, 02:58 PM
I have to explain that my new line is from the new Tick series. Quite a funny, Tick-ly quote.

JediTricks
01-08-2002, 12:03 AM
On figures.com, my sig line is:

"Dead people, do I see" - Star Wars: Sense of the Sixth

GNT
01-08-2002, 03:39 AM
I'm waiting for the right signature to use,since I've been using this one for a few years now :)

Man In The Box
01-08-2002, 02:39 PM
my sig is a coupla lines from a song by my favorite band, Alice in Chains \m/ My user name is the title of an AIC song as well

master jedi
01-08-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Bumping this up...

I thought this was GNTs job.

SithDroid
01-27-2002, 02:57 PM
Mine, of course is from Army of Darkness. Perhaps I'll change it sometime though, in which case if it does, just ignore this.

Tarkin the otter
01-27-2002, 03:29 PM
Mine is of course from An American Werewolf in London, spoken by the late, great British actor Brian Glover.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-30-2002, 07:57 PM
I think I'll change mine again...
Old one here: Yeeeeeeaaaaaagghhhhhhh!!! Ahhhh!!! - Han Solo, SW: ANH
New one below: \/

bigbarada
04-30-2002, 09:29 PM
My current sig line, is from the Blade of the Immortal comic book. It's a line that the Kuroi Sabato character used after chopping off the main character's legs and I just picked it cuz it sounds really wierd out of context.

Jason B
04-30-2002, 09:36 PM
I'm just using this until i get to 75 posts, and i will change this and my avatar to match my mad DM skills. ;)

Wolfwood319
04-30-2002, 09:36 PM
Man, I love Blade of the Immortal! Although I love Lone Wolf and Cub more, both are my 2 favorites comics out right now.

As for my signature line, look back a few pages, and you'll see the explanation.

"What, you gonna say something?"
"...Yeah, about a million things, but I can't express myself monosolovically enough for you to understand them."

Man, what happened to Ben Affleck's career?

Pendo
05-02-2002, 02:25 PM
I was reading this thread when I realised that I have never had a signature :(. I then thought long and hard, for about and hour, for an idea for my signature line and in the end I give up and just put down a Star Wars quote.

I think I might change it to a different quote every week, something new and fresh.

PENDO!

JetsAndHeels
05-02-2002, 02:29 PM
If you bought the AOTC soundtrack, you know where mine came from.

Pendo
05-02-2002, 02:32 PM
When I got started on this forum, I really should have put my stupid PENDO! thing as my signature, so I didn't have to type it out after every post. If I put it on my signature now, anyone reading one of my past posts would think I'm a loon for repeating myself :(.

DO I REALLY HAVE TO TYPE IT OUT AGAIN? PENDO!

DeadEye
05-02-2002, 04:41 PM
Yes. Type it out again. :p

My signature line is self-explanatory.

Maybe I'll say something that's supposed to be funny but is really just stupid:

My eye is dead! (ok, no not really.)

Yeah...that WAS dumb. :cool:

Bel-Cam Jos
05-19-2002, 04:03 PM
Time to be more current, related to AOTC instead of being so personal.

Old one: ''I'd rather be bullseye-ing womp rats back home.'' - on the license plate holder of my car

New one is (as always) below: \/

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 04:20 PM
my's just a inside joke.

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 12:48 AM
My first one refers to the old Card: Other section in the old forums. It's a saga unto itself...

My second one refers to the game PANTS! created by Emperor Jargo.

QLD
05-20-2002, 04:40 AM
Mine.....well......mine hasn't changed. Yet it still remains timeless.

El Chuxter
05-22-2002, 03:33 PM
My new one was inspired by the lady-killin' grin that sly dog Kit Fisto flashes at the camera just after using the Force to knock over the C-3PO/Battle Droid.

Jason B
05-22-2002, 08:17 PM
well, im trying to think of a new one. :D

Eternal Padawan
05-22-2002, 11:15 PM

Q-LD, tonight's Futurama episode, with a part on old 1980s video games (hilarious, BTW!), one character with a big brain said the magic phrase. Yippee! :)

An oldie but a goodie...
All you base are belong to us. (http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~pyang/base/allyourbase.swf)

Dar' Argol
05-22-2002, 11:40 PM
The first is a parady that Caesar concoted with me as Lord Argol and Tom Coglin(CEO of WM) as the emperor.

This is a nod to the "Qui-Gon's Voice" thread in the E2 Spoiler section and it explains everything. Its on page 276:D

This one is a line from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

This is one of my favorite lines from ID4 and is one that I use quite a lot:rolleyes:.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2002, 12:30 PM
I recently changed mine again to reflect my disdain for Rick McCallum, while doing it in a SW parody.

If anyone has some goofy quotes attributed to Ricky-dicky I would love to hear them.

Dar' Argol
05-24-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I recently changed mine again to reflect my disdain for Rick McCallum, while doing it in a SW parody.

If anyone has some goofy quotes attributed to Ricky-dicky I would love to hear them.

Here's one for ya!

"There is a group of people who are seriously deranged, and who we love dearly. That's what makes 'Star Wars' work in a strange way."

He he he. Ricky-boy says he loves us dearly!!!!. . . . . . . . . . . .WAIT, Ewwwwwwww:stupid:

Eternal Padawan
05-25-2002, 09:41 AM
I've added a couple more. The green one is a commentary about Star Wars collectors always complaining that Hasbro never makes the figures they want, even though they've made almost 500 figures. Once they make a figure, we just disregard it and go on to the next figure they haven't produced. We will never be satisfied.

And the other is a quote from a film I saw the other day, delivered by Christopher Lee.

2-1B
05-25-2002, 10:10 AM
Right now I'm trying to goof on Padme's family being cut, Force baby's concpetion, and a Tusken slaughter all at once.

Mand Cand, there is a thread devoted to Ricky's quotes that I hope to load up with some more good ones in the near future . . . :D

JediTricks
05-28-2002, 08:06 PM
I've taken out my SSG editor info (moved it to my bio) and added a note to Uncle George about Ep 3:

Dear George, take these words of wisdom when you make Ep 3: "If it does not fit, you must omit"

Eternal Padawan
05-28-2002, 08:59 PM
Hey Caesar, you change signatures so often, you should post them in the post, so when you change it again people reading this ten years from now won't go "What the helly?"

And congrats on the big 2K. I'd congratulate you in a different thread but (sigh) somebody put a big ol' paddlelock on it... :rolleyes:

2-1B
05-29-2002, 03:41 AM
Oops, sorry! :D Jargo hooked me up with some wedding pics, so I came up with a wedding announcement of sorts that kinda went . . .
"[scenes deleted] and [scenes deleted] of Naboo announce the marriage of their daughter Padme to Anakin Skywalker, son of the late Shmi and the midichlorians of Tatooine. In lieu of gifts the couple are requesting donations to the Tusken Raider Preservation Society."

Now I've got, "I'm not afraid to act. I've been acting a little
bit each day since you came back into my life." It's an alteration of Padme's love pledge in AOTC. I actually really like that scene, I dig the emotion and the way she says it.
But in a recent thread, Derek commented to Jargo that he couldn't believe they both agreed Natalie actually can act. So I combined that with the general distastes of some people for her past performances and just went with it. :D

In between those, I threw up a pic of Hayden from Entertainment Weekly '00 in which they "announced" the new Anakin. He was smiling on the cover, chin resting on a Vader helmet. I put that up as a joke to stillakid and Jedi Clint since they seem to be the most vocal about not showing Anakin's transformation into the literal Vader.

BTW Eternal P, congrats on the upcoming big 3K for you ;)

Beast
06-04-2002, 11:12 PM
I have officially changed mine, since my previous one was getting old. Plus I just picked up one of my all time favorite BBC Sci-Fi mini-series shows on DVD, and decided to commemerate it with my favorite section of dialogue. The DVD is of course, "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy." :D The Quote, incase I change it later, follows:

"I refuse to prove that I exist", says God. "For Proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But", says Man. "The Babel Fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist, and therefore you don't. QED"
"Oh dear", says God. "I hadn't thought of that." And promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh that was easy", says Man. And for an encore he goes on to prove that black is white, and gets killed on the next Zebra crossing.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Juice
06-05-2002, 12:07 AM
Well, I went to see EP2 on opening day with my two best friends. Throughout all the love scenes we were noticing how attractive Natalie Portman is and in the meadow picnic scene, I leaned over and told my friend, "Padme wants some Jedi Juice!" Well, we busted out laughing and that's the first thing that came to mind for a unique signature.

JediTricks
07-04-2002, 01:37 AM
I've cycled out:
Dear George, take these words of wisdom when you make Ep 3: "If it does not fit, you must omit"

for one of my oldest:
"I am Vader, lord of the Sith! Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"

(it's a reference to one of the first eps of South Park, where Cartman is pretending to be "Scuzzlebutt, lord of the mountain", a character the boys thought he made up.)

2-1B
07-04-2002, 01:41 AM
JT, didn't you just have one about Biggs and stealing Owen's droids a few minutes ago? I liked that one. :D

jjreason
07-04-2002, 02:19 AM
My babies initials and dates of birth go along with my statement in support of having collectors represented in Hasbro's SW decision making and direction contingent. Next time I think of something funny, Ill be sure to tack it on.

JediTricks
07-04-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
JT, didn't you just have one about Biggs and stealing Owen's droids a few minutes ago? I liked that one. :D Sorry Caesar, that was another recycled one (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=125335#post125335) from days gone by, but it didn't suit my current mood.

It was:
"You know Biggs, sometimes I just feel like stealing a couple of my uncle's droids, burning his house down, and running off to Mos Eisley to hang out in sleazy bars."

Jargo
07-04-2002, 08:30 AM
My name is JARGO, Lucas stole it and now some lame character is masquerading as me. JANGO? Not JARGO? Oops... my bad...
JANGO: "Oooh, thank you sweety. You like their outfits, aren't they just devine? We all shop at GAP. I just can’t get enough of those ravishing colors! What do you think of this blue number – does my bum look big in this...?"

My current one (S) are to do with how i see the character of jango Fett being totally useless and pointlessin the saga other than to show where Boba came from needlessly. Also the way they made his armour different to Boba's when it should have been the same if Boba chooses to wear it throughout the rest of the saga. I just felt the need to have a little pop at the silliness of it.
I aso think Lucas stole my name..... damn the man! Yeah like just changing one letter is gonna throw me off the scent! :rolleyes:

I also think the way the Jedi mete out punishment and pretend it's for the sake of good to just dessimate people and disembowel and mutilate and dismember with grizzly abandon, is setting a really good example to kids about how using swords is cool. There's so much death and destruction in star wars that it's become a numb experience to watch all the death and disfigurement. I find it odd that people celebrate having characters beheaded as somehow cool. But I just thought it would be funny to have Anakin endorse swords.

And I think that keeping carded toys is a bad thing for your health and people should unwind their minds and stop trying to be so damn grown up and start learning how to play again. Let the play be free is a double edged meaning thing. Let it free from the confines of repression and let it be free as in far ranging and imaginative. Which is also a message to Hasbro to stop dictating how we play with our toys.

I'm awaitig inspiration before I go changing my signature line.

187-Maul
07-04-2002, 01:56 PM
I chose mine cause 2pac just is a legend and will last "until the end of time"...

Jargo
07-04-2002, 02:35 PM
Yeah, but which 2pac - the ewoks or the ugnaughts? :crazed:

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 02:35 PM
Don't forget the Jawas!

No, the ignorant rapper that was supposedly killed. :eek:

Jonna
07-05-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
No, the ignorant rapper that was supposedly killed. :eek:

Supposedly!?! You don't also have Elvis sightings, do you?;)

Nebulaz
07-06-2002, 01:07 AM
It was a line in one of my poems i wrote.

Jonna
07-06-2002, 01:30 AM
I like Ketchup...what else can I say?

All your base
Are belong to us!

Admiral LSD
07-07-2002, 11:02 AM
My current one:

"Don't stop, baby, dreamin'"
"Don't stop, baby, lovin'"
"Don't stop, babe, believin'"
Wasurenaide...
"Don't stop, baby, dreamin'"
"Don't stop, baby, lovin'"
"Don't stop, babe, believin'"
...Watashi ga iru koto o.
Itsudatte soba ni iru yo.

is a song quote from an Anime I like. It means "Don't forget that I'm here. I'll always be by your side"

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/bgc/bgcfrget.htm

Deckard Smith
07-15-2002, 09:58 AM
First of all, how do you make a signature line?

Second, I was hoping you could all submit ideas for a signature line for me, and I would choose the best one. Sort of like a contest.

Eternal Padawan
07-15-2002, 10:42 AM
Uh....WOW! Welcome Back!

may I suggest:

"Help! I'm Trapped in the Internet!" :D

For a signature line, click on USER CP in the upper right hand corned and then click on Edit Options.

Jedi Knightrider
07-15-2002, 10:49 AM
Right now, mine are

Get ready for TURBO BOOST!!!

(because KITT's turbo boost is sooo sweet!!!)

and

Jabba waninchy cochpa mushani titany wanya ooshka... hef hef hef

(becuse that is my phonetic spelling of one of Greedo's lines to Han in the cantina!)

darthvyn
07-15-2002, 01:26 PM
the dark side of the force is like the chick that hung out with the football team in high school... quicker, easier, more seductive... but it's got side effects that will drive you insane and decay your body prematurely

my joke explaination of the dark side of the force, from a buried thread somewhere...

well, i guess i am a little late... i had rickshaw trouble...

this is from the "screw you, taxpayer" skit from kids in the hall where they made a horrible skit, and then told you what all the things that went into the making of the horrible skit cost the taxpayer, through canada's grants to the arts... mark mckinney wanted to take scott thompson's and (in drag) dave foley's (i think?) daughter out on a date, but their daughter was dead two years now, and mark's response was... "i guess i am late... i had rickshaw trouble..." the camera pans outside to bruce mccolluch dressed as a chinese rickshaw driver, with rickshaw, who says "don't brame me, i stub my toe!" to whit everyone inside laughs. the parents let mark take out their "daughter" who is nothing but ashes in an earn. as the skit ends, mark breaks character, walks out of the set into the stage area, and remarks "wow. what a horrible skit." and goes into a dialogue with a bunch of behind-the-scenes people on just how much this horrible skit cost. each person ends with the line "screw you, taxpayer!" and the audience yells it out, too. they are funny!

master jedi
07-15-2002, 04:03 PM
...And then the black knight said to the white knight something that would burn his heart forever: "I am your father!"

This was from Reign of Fire when they were acting out Star Wars for a group of kids.

pthfnder89
07-15-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
...And then the black knight said to the white knight something that would burn his heart forever: "I am your father!"

This was from Reign of Fire when they were acting out Star Wars for a group of kids.
Heehee, I noticed your sig right after I saw the movie this weekend master jedi. I loved that movie.:)

Mine is, well pretty obvious if you look at my avatar he's speaking to Hasselhoff , well, just because...;)

Jonna
07-15-2002, 05:58 PM
NO!!! I will not explain my sig line and you can't make me Gary Coleman.

Jedi Knightrider
07-15-2002, 06:40 PM
Maybe, but can you resist BOTH of our smiles???!!!

Jonna
07-15-2002, 07:22 PM
I feel myself swooning! I can not resist the "What you talken about turbo boost" force.

Jedi Knightrider
07-15-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
I can not resist the "What you talken about turbo boost" force.

LOL!!!

OMG that's funny - I think someone has a new line to add to their sig! I'm just not sure who.:crazed:

Launch every sig for great justice!

El Chuxter
07-16-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
I feel myself swooning! I can not resist the "What you talken about turbo boost" force.

Have at you, knave! After being weakened by Hasslehoff and Coleman, do you have what it takes to withstand Kit Fisto's mighty grin?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I know this is completely off topic, but I couldn't resist.

bobafett07728
07-17-2002, 07:59 PM
Jonna. . .please explain the Yoda, and Yaddle quotes. Its driving me insane. I heard something like that somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it. DOH!

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Deckard Smith

Second, I was hoping you could all submit ideas for a signature line for me, and I would choose the best one. Sort of like a contest.

Be afraid, be very afraid.:crazed:

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 03:35 AM
my sl is from Playing God. In the movie David Duchovny is standing on the beach and he asks Timothy Hutton "Are you going to hurt me?" and its just really funny the way Hutton answers him and Duchovny says "I'm just trying to plan my day." leaving Hutton with this "oh" look on his face, hehee.

mabudonicus
07-18-2002, 01:13 PM
Main Screen Turn On.... Try linking to curtis.curtisfong.org/fobonics/bases if it's still up, you will see where Jonna's "ZIG" is from :)
I change mine too much, if you must have explanations, just PM me. I PROBABLY know what they mean:)!

Jonna
07-18-2002, 01:35 PM
Zig for Every Zag...or something!

Jedi Knightrider
07-18-2002, 06:18 PM
LAUNCH ALL "SIGS" FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!

Jonna
07-22-2002, 03:08 PM
People keep asking me about some Bill person, but I don't know what they are talking about.

bobafett07728
07-24-2002, 04:29 PM
Somebody set up us the bomb.

darthvyn
07-24-2002, 05:24 PM
you cannont survive make your time.

well, i've added something to mine recently. a tribute to a fallen personality...

Patient Zero
08-21-2002, 09:14 PM
I'M DEAD! Don't you get it!?!

JetsAndHeels
08-21-2002, 09:21 PM
Truth, Justice, and the American Way....
Sounds like Superman!!

gibbspaulus
08-22-2002, 05:38 AM
Mine's from Pheobe sticking a pair of danishes on her head in friends. Always makes us chuckle at home!

El Chuxter
08-29-2002, 03:35 PM
I just added a sentence from a collaborative story I'm working on, where Wedge Antilles tries to take a gang of heroes away from a McDonald's in his Q-Wing Fighter and they run into a dangerous situation. . . .

Rogue II
09-01-2002, 07:13 PM
Has anyone else noticed how there's been some strange signature lines lately?

Mine is from the Simpsons (duh). I picked it because it is somewhat of a Kiss reference. Goes nicely with the avatar I made.

bigbarada
09-01-2002, 08:16 PM
My current signature is from the old Kenner SW toy catalog from 1983, it was the one that came out just before ROTJ when Kenner wasn't allowed to show images of the Ewoks. The comment I used was from the write-up for the Ewok stuffed figures, the entire description went like:

You've never seen anything like it before! Coming soon!

Ewok Stuffed Figures.

They appear to be a cross between a Jawa and a Wookiee.

Ewok Stuffed Figures.

The most adorable, huggable, squeezable characters in the Star Wars galaxy.

Ewok Stuffed Figures.

Wicket W. Warrick! a budding 14 inches! Wiley the Ewok and Nippet the Ewok! Both 8 inches. All three are cuddly and lovable.

Ewok Stuffed Figures.

A child's best friend! Forever!

For boys and girls.

Instead of a picture, they catalog had a little blurb stating:

"Due to the secrecy of these characters in "RETURN OF THE JEDI"TM, we are unable to visually display the toy counterpart until the film release."

However, they showed pics of the Logray and Chief Chirpa action figures along with the Ewok Village on the opposite page.:stupid::confused:

Darth Vellner
09-03-2002, 02:35 AM
My Signature is a Quote from John Lennon:

"I Was'nt nockin' it or putin' it down....I was just sayin' it ...it was a fact at that time.....mabe more for England than here....."

It was his reply to the "the Beatles are more popular than Jesus Christ" statement, That was taken out of context to make him and the Beatles sound like they were "Anti-Christans and Anti-Americans." In Fact he just pointed out that (from his "Point of View"and from what he noticed) teens looked up to them (The Beatles) and loved them more than Jesus or GOD. And would rather go see the Beatles than go to Church. It was not his Idea or his Fault, Just something he Noticed..
BTW. The Beatles are my favorite Band and I'm A Christan!

TylerD
09-03-2002, 03:25 AM
My sig line regards my other hobby - urban exploration. Urban exploration is, in fact, a fancy name for trespassing...but in a much different way. I have this insane curiosity to see the insides of abandoned buildings. Old abandoned houses, factories, hotels etc. are always fun to explore. Each exploration involves a substantial amount of risk (which includes getting busted for trespassing). There can be homeless people (or psychos), hobos, lead paint, asbestos, holes in the floor, shot gun wielding redneck farmers, etc. My last venture was this past summer in a small town in Ohio. There is an old abandoned farm house next to the railroad tracks in my grandmother's town. It is really scary...It is really old, and looks like the house from the Addams Family...There is a sign saying tresspassers WILL be shot, but I went anyway, considering the fact that the owner would NOT be roaming his property on a 100 degree + day. Well, Inside the house, I immediately encountered rotten floorboards, and almost fell through to the basement 3 times. When I went upsatirs, there was nothing unusual, only bales of hay (what the farmer used the house for - hay storage) In the attic, I encountered possums (probably rabid) and large bumblebees. Ohter than that, it was very uneventful, and a great experience. I am not the only one who enjoys this bizarre hobby. There is a whole section of Urban Exploration websites in Yahoo Hobbies. Below, I've listed a few links that are really cool. Some are from this guy's website. He explores abandoned buildings in Ohio. Others are from different places...

http://www.forgottenoh.com/mudhouse.html - Exploration of an old abandoned farmhouse - VERY cool

http://www.forgottenoh.com/nsps.html - Exploration of an abandoned school

and a few general sites:

http://triggur.org/silo/ - A VERY COOL site about the exploration of an abandoned undeground missile base- the kind that was kept secret by the government during the Cold War

http://detroityes.com/home.htm - All about detroit- a gold mine for the urban explorer

Beast
09-03-2002, 03:28 AM
My new addition to my signature line is a quote from John Carpenter about Widescreen. Leave it to John Carpenter to be so frank. Plus it fits in great with the Roger Ebert quote. Now I need to find a few more similar quotes. ;) :D

"Well, anything is better than pan and scan -- anything. But if I had my druthers, I'd give the option. Just put an extra disc in there and give the original matted version of whatever it is -- whether it's widescreen or whatever -- and then give the idiots their pan-and-scan version." -- John Carpenter
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

rynobot
09-03-2002, 03:45 AM
I caved in and created a signature. I feel it explains things quite well seeing that my mother is Irish and my father is German.

Nexu
09-15-2002, 12:15 AM
I just rented the Kung Pow DVD, and the alternate diologue is hilarious. It's the words that the English actors actually said, so that their lips wouldn't line up with the words. The words are pretty close, so it comes out pretty good. :)

jjreason
09-16-2002, 05:26 AM
Im sulking about my lack of hulking *sigh*. I can still be GREEN at heart.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-17-2002, 05:59 PM
Mine is a saying from Wat Tambor, of course.
The next line is from the Disney movie, Summer Magic, said by the most enjoyable character in the film. Osh Popham! Rent it and see what I mean.
Then, I get a kick every time I see the battle droid package, so I modified it a little. :p
I believe I'm going to change my sig soon, so watch out.

Jargo
09-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Well, what about my sig lines....

UMBONGO, UMBONGO, THEY DRINK IT IN THE CONGO!
Comes from a dreadful advert we had here in the UK selling a sort of milkshake type drink that wasn't milkshake but sort of fruitjuice/squash/gunk. Full of additives and god knows what but advertised with cartoon jungle images and stuff and the music was beating drums with this chant above. I was in the shower singing - as you do - and just ended up with this refrain in my head and couldn't shake it so I thought I'd add it to my sig since few are likely to have knowledge of it.

ORANGE VANILLA MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!
Well this is in reference to how I percieve the world in general. Seems to me that the world is turning into one great big homogenous muss. Everything seems to be dumbed down and everything is starting to look and sound the same wherever you go. Architecture and art is just endlessly repeating and self perpetuating, people are all becoming satisfied with less and less in the way of quality of life and they seem content to just roll over and play dead. My little protest is all it is.

THE NEXU WANTS ME, REALLY WANTS ME! <<< CLICK HERE!!
This is cuz the Nexu says JAAAARGOOOOOO! and Nexu was kind enough to record and post the sample here so i linked to it so everyone who hasn't yet opened theirs can hear how Hasbro got revenge on me for being a moaning ninny. That's my belief and I'm sticking to it :)

"OH! IT IS EXCELLENT TO HAVE A GIANT'S STRENGTH...
BUT IT IS TYRANNOUS TO USE IT LIKE A GIANT."
This is in reference to my beliefs about government and authority bodies. Well, anyone in general really. I guess I'm a bit of a pacifist and just don't like to see any kind of behaviour that seems dictatorly.

Never forget: 9/11 Nuff said.

Darth Sidious
09-24-2002, 07:41 PM
I figured since the Jedi get to have a code, so should we. So I made the Sith Code. Same format as the Jedi one, except...evil. :evil: :D

Oh, by the way, I love the new avatar, Jargo. It's great! All it needs is a little Millenium Falcon flying out. :D

Nexu
09-24-2002, 11:09 PM
Darth Forb1us is an ***. Nuff said. Go look in the Wal Mart Emplyee's thread, and look at his current sig.

QLD
09-24-2002, 11:14 PM
If you don't know......I'm not going to be the one to tell you....

darthvyn
09-25-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
I figured since the Jedi get to have a code, so should we. So I made the Sith Code. Same format as the Jedi one, except...evil. :evil: :D

There is no compassion, there is hatred.
There is no compliance, there is aggression.
There is no order, there is chaos.
There is no equality, there is power.
-The Sith Code

ROCK!!! i'll buy that!

mine right now is from the clerks cartoon... when they get locked in the freezer with jay and silent bob, and jay is saying it's cold "like that planet in 'empire..." and then says, "if i had i lightsaber, i could verm, verm, veeerm, snikt snikt WAAAAAAAAAH, JEDIIIII... slice up tubby here, and we could all stay warm inside..." (about silent bob, of course...)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2002, 07:31 PM
New sig time!

The first part is an odd saying I thought up the other day, and it is based on the atrocious line from AOTC.
Get Orvillized is from them popcorn commercials. I like the phrase, it's kinda kicky.
Peko peko, I think a peko is a Naboo beast, and it's fun to say it twice. :D

Jargo
09-25-2002, 07:53 PM
Actually the bird is a blue plummaged swamp native and it is actually named a Peko Peko so twice is the correct way to say the name. :) Just Peko would be wrongo.

r2dee2
09-26-2002, 02:30 AM
This thread has been around for a bit, but I just saw it :)

[] //// /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~

Mine is a lightsaber with the equation "Force" equals Mass times Acceleration

I'm a Star Wars Fan Honk if You R2! is a bumper sticker given away by the Fan Club and since I am known as R2Dee2 (Dee being my middle name) I thought it was perfect for a sig.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-27-2002, 10:52 PM
Jargo, I found that out on the official site about two hours after I wrote that. Thanks for the information, though! :)

Josh
09-29-2002, 06:09 AM
Mine is pretty self-explanatory, no?

Bel-Cam Jos
01-08-2003, 08:27 PM
My newest is from E2, an important line for the entire trilogy: ''I even want to learn to stop people from dying!" - Anakin Skywalker to Padme' Amidala

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Eh, mine is from the episode of South Park where the boys are doing everything they can to watch the new trailer to the "Terrance and Philip" movie. They even have to suffer through the freakin' hysterical, "Russel Crowe's Fighting around the world." I like this episode because it brilliantly mocked the hype around all the SW fans waiting for the TV trailer last spring. The sig is from the theme song from Russel Crowe's show. :D

Darth Sidious
01-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Mine is a tribute to a wonderful character and a truly awesome actor-Saruman the White/Christopher Lee! It sounded freaking awesome when he said that line in LOTR's.

Jedi Master Silas
01-09-2003, 01:42 AM
Mine is self explanatory to. Both have persoanl meanings to me.

PoggleTheGreater
01-09-2003, 02:45 AM
my username was fastalbert when i used to post here a year or two ago

El Chuxter
01-09-2003, 01:14 PM
George Costanza's comeback to the insult: "The ocean just called. They're running out of shrimp." Probably my single favorite Seinfeld moment.

JediDBM
01-09-2003, 05:00 PM
The first two lines are from the movie Armagedon, different references to Star Wars, and my third line is to help some friends with a vote, which I think it is self explanatory

JediElf
01-10-2003, 08:59 AM
this signature is from Civil Disobedience and sums up my feelings about the nature of people who think they have some kind of hold on you who I know as government.

El Chuxter
01-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Since the George Costanza quote makes little sense when accompanied by a picture of Grimlock moonlighting as a waiter, I used Caesar's response to the picture (adding "Me" to the beginning to make it more Grimmy).

"Me Grimlock want know: chicken or fish?"

2-1B
01-14-2003, 04:24 PM
:D

InsaneJediGirl
01-24-2003, 10:43 PM
Since I have some new sig lines,I might as well explain them:D

The "Publik Skool" one is bascially just funny,and sadly true.(At least,where I live)

The next "Totally Crushin' on Hayden" came from
Caesar.We were both joking around about the DVD release and Hayden being "Hottie of the Month" awhile back.

The last line I just thought was funny,since I saw it over at internetbumperstickers.com

Darth Trymybestus
01-24-2003, 11:14 PM
Well as for mine:
My top 5 saga figures... then of course the ramblings of George Dubya... and lastly Yodajammies is a cheat in the old game Jedi Knight, I think it gave all the light side force powers... you learn something new everyday :p

JediTricks
01-28-2003, 09:13 PM
I just added 2 to mine over the last few days:

"more bad news, your mom called... she said that IS the face you were born with."
(which just made me chuckle when it popped into my head the other day)
-and-
"Luke, I have no father!" - ESB:Nifty Edition

James Boba Fettfield
01-28-2003, 09:25 PM
I've decided to take the beard challenge and am counting the days since a razor last touched my face, it's time to see how much of a man I really am. Hence the sigline.

JediTricks
01-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Funny, when I took a similar challenge over the last few weeks, I only felt more and more like an itchy man each day. :D

James Boba Fettfield
01-28-2003, 10:40 PM
It's a small, itchy price to pay, but it beats having my sensitive woman skin get cold from the Ohio wind chill.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-14-2003, 11:33 AM
I will go to a reeeeeeeealllllllly obscure line, probably no one will get it, because
1. It's from a newspaper ad
2. It's from over 15 years ago
3. It's from a local southern CA newspaper that no longer exists under that name

And it is: "... shelves of books obviously containing spells."

My old one was:
For Sale: Holy Grail, Rare .02 variant, MIB, C-8 grade, PayPal accepted, e-mail me at old_knight@desert.temple.org

Greyfolk
02-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Well, seeing that Jek Porkins is the real hero at Yavin, and the glory monger, farmboy--Skywalker--walked away with the medal. I just want to remind you all who your daddy really is.

Rogue II
03-18-2003, 04:51 PM
I added a line to my sig line because I don't believe political discussion belong on this website.

derek
03-18-2003, 05:25 PM
i think mine needs no explanation!:p

QLD
03-18-2003, 10:20 PM
Watch Sealab 2021.

LusiferSam
03-19-2003, 12:20 AM
Mine is like my user name, changed from the original to fit me. What Vader says to Luke in ESB (impressive, most impressive) I like, but it doesn't sound like what I'd say. So I change it to sound more me. I've got pages of quotes, so should start using a new one sometime.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-31-2003, 05:13 PM
This was my old one:
"... shelves of books obviously containing spells."

This (below) is my new one (with the recent Weird Al craze):
|
V (An arrow, not the sig line)

CloneTrooperMace
05-31-2003, 08:36 PM
Great line from movies and me email

bobafrett
06-01-2003, 01:17 AM
Mine is the line that the Stormtroopers say as Han and Chewie get through the closing blast doors, sealing the ensuing Stormtroopers from capturing them in ANH.

Reject_Kid
06-02-2003, 10:56 AM
mine is a line from a song that I really like! unfortunatly it is getting a lot of air play and a lot of d#@$ teenie girls are ruining the band! ohh well, they still rock!

JediTricks
09-03-2003, 05:49 AM
Just added this one:

"Alas, poor Greedo! I knew him, Chewbacca. A twerp of infinite sleaze, he hath shot at my back a thousand times." - Hanlet

From the great Corellian play. I hope it's not too highbrow. :D

Dar' Argol
09-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Hmmmm . . . I've modified mine since the last time I posted in here . .

Dar' Argol's Sig lines
Dar's Avatars (http://www.geocities.com/darargol/) - with over 1000 Avatar's!!! New Matrix just added.
If there was any justice in the world, people would be able to fly over pigeons for a change.
Whenever you have a question, please refer to the book! Page 276
In this world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, the monkey will spank us!!!

The first is my avatar site . . duh :D

The red one is a great quote a buddy of mine came up with one day . . , after just being "hit" by a pigeon . . . he he he

The green one is still referring back to a thread we had about Qui-Gon's voice in AOTC and the written book. Man, I still like that one!!

And the purple one is a great quote from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Anyone who knows me will understand that. :D

Jedi Clint
09-05-2003, 02:11 AM
The green one is still referring back to a thread we had about Qui-Gon's voice in AOTC and the written book. Man, I still like that one!!

That was a fun discussion :)

kool-aid killer
09-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Mine has the screen names of all the people i have traded with on this forum. It helps prove to others that im an honest person.

mabudonicus
09-05-2003, 10:41 AM
the green one is a quote from just about every HP Lovecraft book... it kinda seems like it doesn't make sense, but that is the quote
The other is from an MST3K-like outburst I made whilst watching the film Conan... the first time JEJ appears, it just fit... specially since he's all brooding, lotsa space for yuks

Kidhuman
09-05-2003, 06:14 PM
The first one is a name given to me by Mabudon when I had that billboard of an avatar. He combined my name and avatar and got humanitar.

I am a Yankees fan

and lastly people I have bought from or traded with on the boards

JediTricks
09-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Changed the middle line in mine to a reference from a recent post complaining about Jake Lloyd's reading in TPM...

"I heard Master Windu talking about 'Hair in a Can' (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=275973). What is hair in a can, Ron?"

mabudonicus
09-08-2003, 09:55 AM
I'm glad my tea was still steeping or I woulda needed a new keyboard AGAIN... that sig is worng but fun, man.. PERFECT cross reference

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-08-2003, 10:53 PM
PArt of it is asking if anyone still needs the trash compactor sets because they're on sale here... what else is on my sig line?

oh ok there's that dumb parady that I prolly need to change and the Vong figure petition that I found

JediTricks
09-09-2003, 01:49 AM
I'm glad my tea was still steeping or I woulda needed a new keyboard AGAIN... that sig is worng but fun, man.. PERFECT cross reference
If that's directed at mine, and I hope it is ;), thank you! :D

mabudonicus
09-09-2003, 09:41 AM
Sorry not to better direct it, but yeah, that's the one JT... good and funny!!! Now I gotta think of a better one.... All the good current ones are political, though!!
And I'm flattered to have made KH's sig as well :D that word just came out of my mouth during the billboard days, that was one heck of a 'tar, bro!!

JediTricks
09-09-2003, 08:27 PM
The humanitar indeed! :D

I think it's too easy to make politically-themed sig lines these days, what with the face of politics looking so ridiculous. ;) (Sorry, just got my CA sample ballot in the mail and it's hysterical)

I am Jabba the Hutt
09-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Well.. Michael Jackson is King of ALL Oddballs.. that explains mine.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-09-2004, 09:23 AM
I haven't changed mine in a while, and even though Weird Al just won a Grammy for Poodle Hat, I'll change from him to a different pop culture reference. Here was my old one, BTW:

'That's right Maul--you lost! And let me tell you what you didn't win: a 20 volume set of Sith Holocrons, a case of hydrospanners, and a year's supply of Root Leaf Stew, the Dagobah treat. But that's not all! You also made yourself look like a nerf herder in front of millions of movie goers! And you brought shame and disgrace on the Sith name for generations to come! You don't get to come back in Episode II! You don't even get a lousy copy of the DVD! You're a complete loser!'
- 'I Lost on Naboo:Theed'

scruffziller
02-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Mine that I had recently added are spewings of logic that I like to aim in the direction of my management.

Even Superman has his kryptonite.
Even a light particle coming from a newly born star billions of light years away takes billions of years to reach earth.
Fear; it's a powerful weopon.
If it can work for Darth Vader it can work for me.

The top line in black always has something to do with my avatar.

Kidhuman
02-09-2004, 10:08 AM
The newly added one is what Wayne Newton said toAndrew Dice Clay in Ford Fairlane.

Silent Chazz
02-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Well, we all know why I have my Loose Collection url posted. I also have started to review my figures (also on my Collection page).

The quote "Don't judge a book by the cover, ESPECIALLY when the cover has nothing to do with the book." as told stated by myself came from a conversation I had with a fellow collector over AIM when he was talking about the Star Wars Galaxies Novel he bought. He said the cover on the book had nothing to do with the actual story, so I thought up this clever quote. Hehehehe lol

bobafrett
02-10-2004, 01:23 AM
I forgot what my signature lines even are. I think I'm really tired, and should go to bed as I have to be up at the butt crack of dawn to make sure my son gets off to school. Goodnight!

Kidhuman
02-10-2004, 01:34 AM
The newly added one is what Wayne Newton said toAndrew Dice Clay in Ford Fairlane.

I had to change mine because when I added Mtriv73's name to my sig for good traders, it was too many characters. NOw it is the last line from Ford Fairlane

2-1B
02-10-2004, 02:36 AM
I honor 2 true heroes in my sig line:

2-1B and Lanny

Trip J
02-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Why not?

After every win the Iowa band plays and sings "In Heaven There is No Beer." The nice thing is, at least in football, they've played it more times in the last two years than they ever have before. Go Hawks!

Darth Kirk
02-16-2004, 03:01 AM
My signature line(s) represent aspects of living I do not take for granted.. The aspects being: love, life, and my inner strength. peace :)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Well, it was time to get away with my old one, which is here:

Original signature of Bel-Cam Jos:
Luke: 'I'll help you take, this mask off.' (struggles) 'Wait, it's...'
Royal Guards: '... old man Valorum!'
Valorum: 'And I would've gotten away with it too, if if hadn't been for you whining kid!'

And replace it with the one below:

Rocketboy
09-12-2004, 04:16 PM
"I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!" - Carl
A great line from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

"Sometimes I amaze even myself." - Han Solo, Star Wars
I don't think I need to explain this one.

"Hey, did everything just taste purple for a second?"
A line by Fry on Futurama. It came out of nowhere and made me crack up.

"General Madine likes Froot Loops"
CaptainSolo1138's addition to the expanded universe.

JediTricks
11-04-2004, 05:54 AM
To go along with my Gilligan-tar of the Professor, I have added the truth about a widly-held misconception...

"It's not that I can't fix a 2-foot hole in a boat, it's that the boat exploded before I had a chance... jerks" - Roy Hinkley, PHD of coconutology

(because, as we all should remember from history class, one of the first episodes of the show had Gilligan accidentally discovering a sap that was waterproof and acted perfectly as a rubbery sealant glue, the S.S. Minow was repaired and strengthened by this sap only for Gilligan to discover that the sap dried up and became totally useless. Luckily, Gilligan got everybody off the boat before they launched, and then the Minow, now with a glue that was useless, blew every single panel off her frame. Gilligan had saved their lives, but also doomed them to years on their deserted island, though eventually they would make their way back home by means of a freak storm that caused the castaways to build a single safety hut which flooded off the island, then return to their tropical island with headhunters, freak storms, volcanoes, monsters, and nearsighted Japanese soldiers who didn't know the war had endted, to turn it into an island resort paradise not unlike Fantasy Island except without the excitement. ...but I digress.)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Here's my recently-retired one:
"We've picked up something very weak coming through."
" (bzzt) on behalf ... for Emper ... would... say... candida... atine as... likely, somewha... or unlik..."
"An Imperial solicitation call."
"It's a good bet the Empire knows we're undecided."
"We better start the evacuation."
I tried to include four links in my new one, but "The Man" only let me have 300 characters (even though only about 40-50 would show in the sig line). ;) So here are all the links (as if anyone cares :cry: ):

1 (http://www.starwars.com/community/captions/2003/01/captions20030128.html)

2 (http://www.starwars.com/community/captions/2003/10/captions20031014.html)

3 (http://www.starwars.com/community/captions/2004/04/captions20040420.html)

4 (http://www.starwars.com/community/captions/2004/12/captions20041221.html)
Current one is (should be) below
|
|
\/

Bel-Cam Jos
12-22-2004, 02:15 PM
(From 7/15/02 ?!?)

This has been so hilarious going through this thread from the beginning (over 3 years' worth of posts). Lots of "Banned" users, many a sig line that doesn't match the description, many without ANY sig lines. And Deckard Smith is a pleasantly-funny blast from WAY back in the past!

Sigh... nostalgia growing... growing... FADING... growing... grown. Ahh...

El Chuxter
12-22-2004, 05:33 PM
I think Deckard Smith should have to take on Joh Yowza Icon of Shame for continuously reading about "the amazing pig terd journey" for how many years now? The old site may be gone, but I'm sure the real Deckard is still there. :)

kool-aid killer
12-23-2004, 03:18 PM
My "Im a "cool" nerd" signature came to my mind upon knowing this guy in one of my classes. This guy is a fellow nerd, but is the type that fits the stereotype of us down to a T. He reinforces the stereotype, thats how bad he is. The man had a disdain for hygiene. His breath reeked every class period. He wore this Spiderman shirt that was like second skin on him. On top of that he was a little chunky so it looked horrible on him and he didnt comb his hair. He was a heavy breather through his mouth so he sounded like Vader: Haaaa, Haaaa, Haaaaa. So while we are both nerds, hes not what most people would consider a "cool" nerd. Hence the signature.

JediTricks
03-14-2007, 04:15 AM
Hello old friend.

Out with the old:

Battle of the Star Systems: Series 1 - The Menacing Phantom
You know something's wrong with a movie when the real villain is its director.
"I am Vader, lord of the Sith, behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"

And in with the new:
Hello, my name is 'Emperor Palpatine'. I believe you have a letter for me.
Okay Mr. Palpatine, And what's your first name?
... I don't know.
Heh heh, yeah, that totally works on 2 levels! Been a while since I did a multi-line sig-line gag.

mabudonicus
03-14-2007, 10:21 AM
That's DAMN funny JT, I'm gonna be qoting that I'm sure- gotta have the fake moustache and maybe said in a Jar Jar voice?? no, maybe Obi Wan or anakin, but anakin just didn't have a "fun" voice dammit... I suppose from the SW angle it would just have to be palpatine....funny shtuff tho :beard:Isobaws&

JediTricks
03-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks Mabs!

I think it'd be funniest if it were Vader in armor trying NOT to sound like James Earl Jones. :D

BTW, you guys have NO idea how difficult it was to find a yellow font color that would work on the light background, it had to be yellow to be Simpsons-themed but it had to be dark enough that it could be readable - most of those are more orange in nature. Even this dark goldenrod doesn't fully transmit what I was going for, but it's close.

JimJamBonds
03-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Well well well look who got out his shovel and decided to do some digging!!!! I'm proud of your JT!

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2007, 12:33 AM
end of the first episode of season 4 of smallville..clark says this quote. ive always liked it (im not talking about the jets quote either :)).

JediTricks
03-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Well well well look who got out his shovel and decided to do some digging!!!! I'm proud of your JT!
Mine was for cause, you can't say the same. :p

UKWildcat
03-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Just a couple quotes from the motion picture 300, and some lousy good traders.

JimJamBonds
03-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Mine was for cause, you can't say the same. :p

I don't care, digging is digging is digging. Welcome to THE right side, welcome to Team Slicker/Caesar/JimJamBonds. lol

CaptainSolo1138
03-16-2007, 08:01 AM
My first sig is a link to my March of Dimes donation thread. (WINK WINK)

My second sig denotes my need for Japanese schoolgirl pantalones.

2-1B
03-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't care, digging is digging is digging. Welcome to THE right side, welcome to Team Slicker/Caesar/JimJamBonds. lol

" HE'S THE BRAINS, jt !!! "

Don't involve me in your scandalous relationship with Slicker, JimJam...
"why I should stick my neck out for you is far beyond my comprehension."

Bel-Cam Jos
03-16-2007, 10:59 PM
I realized I never posted the reasons for my sig line. It's because I apparently want to flaunt the fact that sw.com's Photo Captions selection committee feels I rule multiple times, while many other suck... multiple times. :p

To steal JT's ideas...

Obi-Wan: "You were the Chosen One! "
Anakin: "I hate you! "
Obi-Wan: "You tried, and you failed miserably. The lesson is: never try. Heh heh, right in the limbs! "

Luke: "Remember what the rancor instructor said..."
Instructor voice: "If you ever get into trouble, all you need to do is- [transforms into the rancor keeper] feels like I'm wearin' nothin' at all... nothin' at all... nothin' at all! "
Luke: "Ahh! Stupid, sexy Malakili! "

Nelson: "How many monkey butlers will there be?"
Bart: "I count 20 butlers; some on the beach, some on the tree."

Luke, hanging under Cloud City: "Ben... Leia, hear me... save me, Jebus! "

Han: "But you didn't see us alone in the south passage. She expressed her true feelings for me."
Leia: "Why you little-! "
Han: "Ack gack gah! "

Palpatine: "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi? I'll mace you good! "
Windu: "Ahhh! "

JimJamBonds
03-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Don't involve me in your scandalous relationship with Slicker, JimJam... "why I should stick my neck out for you is far beyond my comprehension."

Care to explain your (current) sig line Caesar? The way I read it you are giving props to Slick for his mad digging skilz.

Phantom-like Menace
03-17-2007, 12:15 AM
There's really no mystery to my sig lines.

The first shows the fondness many of us had and even still have for our temporary home away from home (thanks as always to JT). The second shows my continuous support for the Expanded Universe and is of course a heavy modification of "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful." And the third is one of many pet peeves I have against humanity in general. No one seems to realize that an exception--by definition--should be exceptional.

plasticfetish
03-17-2007, 12:58 AM
My second sig denotes my need for Japanese schoolgirl pantalones.You're really gonna crack up when you see how horrible and unwearable those vending panties are. (A friend brought some back from Osaka last year. Too weird.)