PDA

View Full Version : clone 3 pack variations

ew2seal
07-12-2005, 03:11 PM
hey guys i have looked all over the net, i bought a clone 3 pack here in ashland, kentucky that had a clone in it with a paint job of red/wine colored markings. nothing from the movie though. i have not seen this mentioned anywhere on the net. sirsteves has only all white ones in his database for pics. any all other sellers on the net, like brians toys, amazon, etc. have not shown any variations. does anybody know if there are going to be different color variations like clone wars did. and has anyone else seen these out there.
none of the packs that showed up here in ashland area had all straight white paintjobs in them. they all had the one i just mentioned above.lets let the world know.

vader68
07-12-2005, 03:42 PM
I have yet to find a clone 3 pack of any color anywhere around here, so consider yourself lucky. I believe there are clone 3 packs with green,red,gray,yellow,and white(of course). I am not positive, but if I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

Slicker
07-12-2005, 03:42 PM
There are 5 different colored 3-packs.

2 White 1 Green
2 White 1 Blue
2 White 1 Red
2 white 1 Yellow
3 different colored ones.

ew2seal
07-12-2005, 03:47 PM
cool guys thanks, i was really wondering. oh and hey if anyone has pics let me know so i know what i am looking for.

shammykenobi
07-12-2005, 06:26 PM
I've only found one pack of clone troopers and that was about three weeks ago in daytona florida. I got the pack that had two white clones and one that has round dark red markings. They look pretty good. I really don't like the one that's laying down very much. He does't look very good unless you prop him up like he's crawling over something in his way. Otherwise he looks like he dropped a contact lense and he's looking for it.

Kidhuman
07-12-2005, 11:59 PM
There is no confirmation on the all different colored one. I havent seen it at all. Just the All White, 1 red, 1 blue, and 1 green.

waboritas
07-17-2005, 01:53 PM
KB has been good to me the past 2 weeks! The buy one get one 50% off has offset their higher costs. Picked up the Deluxe Vader on operating table and (3) 3 packs of all white Clone Trooper Army builders today. They had the Clone Trooper with flight pack, but why buy that when I can get 3 figs for the same price?

Kidhuman
07-17-2005, 11:00 PM
WHy buy it? Because the 3 packs dont have jet packs. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
07-18-2005, 11:25 AM
I have a green clone pack. The middle clone (kneeling) is painted green on a stripe going from the helmet (around the middle ridgeline) down to a sort of triangular pattern on the chest and green marks on the upper thigh and shoulders (?). I've seen a pic of a blue clone set. The blue clone was the one laying down and seem to have only markings on the back and they weren't that many. It would be easier to just buy a white set (if you can find one) and paint them.

I've noticed that the first group of deluxe wave 3 figures had the spider droid and crab droid pictures on the back mixed up, but were later fixed. However, I bought my green clone set last week and that one had them mislabeled, though I didn't see if the other ones from that case were goofed up too.

waboritas
07-18-2005, 03:19 PM
The ones I got had the one lying down with the blue markings. The one kneeling and the one standing were all white.

My point was why pay $9 for one fig, when you can pay that for 3. They may have, but I don't remember clones flying in the movie. Just kicking a lot of Jedi A $ $ on the ground, on speeders, and in Arc 170s.

CrunchyNug
07-18-2005, 06:08 PM

2 White 1 Green
2 White 1 Blue
2 White 1 Red
2 white 1 Yellow

Sorry Slicker, but I must agree with Kidhuman on this one, there will be NO pack with all 3 variations in it. I was able to have my own Q&A with a few Hasbro guys down at Comic-Con and I asked them directly about the pack containing all 3 variants. Their reply was that none was ever planned - that it was used as a promo shot on their website to illustrate the different variants, but was never intended for release. My next question was, "How are we supposed to get all the variations?" Their answer was, "You'll have to buy all 4 packs."

By the way, I don't think there is a Yellow Clone at all. The 4th set contains all White CLones.

Darth Alex
07-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I bought all 4 of these-
white, blue, red @ Walmart
&
green @ Kmart
Target has had all in EXCEPT green near me(NE Pennsylvania),
but TRU had the case ONCE, clones(2 cases worth of other figs) were gone

I agree- this 3 pack eliminates Hasbro's sales pitch-in other words, buy the white and the colored and you technically get all the clone variants.

And........the shipping just plain SUCKS.
The deluxe have dried up in this neck of the woods and that's probably the end of it.

Slicker
07-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Sorry Slicker, but I must agree with Kidhuman on this one, there will be NO pack with all 3 variations in it. I was able to have my own Q&A with a few Hasbro guys down at Comic-Con and I asked them directly about the pack containing all 3 variants. Their reply was that none was ever planned - that it was used as a promo shot on their website to illustrate the different variants, but was never intended for release. My next question was, "How are we supposed to get all the variations?" Their answer was, "You'll have to buy all 4 packs."

By the way, I don't think there is a Yellow Clone at all. The 4th set contains all White CLones.Then I stand corrected. I was going on info from RS as I only own the all white and the blue sets. Thanks for clearing everything up.

X13VADER
08-01-2005, 10:47 AM
So It Is Official Then Only 4 Sets Total.red,blue.green And White Correct?

ew2seal
08-01-2005, 11:46 AM
i am going to take it is final but i have seen pictured on the net as a multicolored on being out there. i guess i will just hunt till the end. i am a army builder myself plus being a member of the one of every figure society.i don't really remember seeing these color schemes in the movie though. but i will hunt them down.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2005, 05:17 PM
I've seen that picture too, yet there does not seem to be a multicolored pack. Hasbro was probably just showing what colored variants they were coming out with.

gsr-jedi
08-01-2005, 11:22 PM
There is no multi-colored set as CruncyNug said. It was just a mock-up to show off the clones. There are only 4 packs...
all white
2 white 1 red/wine- the colored clone is the standing clone
2 white 1 green - the colored clone is the kneeling clone
2 white 1 blue - the colored clone is the clone lying down, & yes he is painted in the front, but he is not the 501st clone

DarthQuack
08-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Picked up the blue variant pack today. Would like to find the other ones as well. Not a bad deal all all, 9 or 10 bucks for 3 clones.

kool-aid killer
08-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Ive yet to see any of the clone three packs yet. I dont need to have all four versions, but i would just like to have at least one. Despite their lack of mobility, three for $10 isnt a bad price.

DarthQuack
08-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I saw the green variation today, but the packaging got roughed up pretty good. :mad:

ROTJLuke
08-11-2005, 11:04 AM

2 White 1 Green
2 White 1 Blue
2 White 1 Red
2 white 1 Yellow

Ive seen the Green, the Red, Blue, never the yellow tho.

jaxx
08-11-2005, 12:02 PM
I've only seen the all white one, and the red variation. But in the last three months, I've only seen ONE PACK OF THE ALL WHITE AND ONE PACK WITH THE RED VARIANT! I bought it when I saw it... I haven't seen any other variations (or any other 3 packs at all for that matter) since!

Kidhuman
08-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Actually there is no all colored one. It was just a mocl up from Hasbro to show the different variations.

jedi master sal
08-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Actually there is no all colored one. It was just a mocl up from Hasbro to show the different variations.

Everyone keeps saying that, but I don't think that's true. Now I didn't see this in person mind you, but a dude I ran into yesterday said his buddy found an all color 3-pack at one of my local Wal*Marts.

Don't know if he's telling the truth, but he'd have no reason to lie to me.

I'm going to e-mail him asking for photos for proof. If I get them from him, rest assured I'll post them.

JawaJoe
08-11-2005, 04:07 PM
A few weeks ago i was at wally world. They must have just stocked because there were 3 pegs full clone 3 packs. I saw red variation (which looked like my niece colored it), blue variation (the set i ended up buying), and all white. Just those 3. I saw the green variation a week later at k mart. I've never come across any other color or a multi color pack. I dont think they exist.

CrunchyNug
08-11-2005, 05:51 PM
I too met a dude in a Target who claimed to have a pack with all 3 variations in it. Interesting...it could be out there...

Turbowars
08-11-2005, 05:58 PM
No it's just the people you hang around and what you all are smoking.:smoker: ;)

JawaJoe
08-11-2005, 06:11 PM
IF...this multi color pack was out there someone on this board would have found it and posted by now. I checked ebay and couldnt find it. If something this new isnt for sale on ebay it dont exist hehehe.

jedi master sal
08-12-2005, 10:05 AM
No it's just the people you hang around and what you all are smoking.:smoker: ;)

Oh I wish that were the case, J/K.

The dude I ran into is a toy "re"seller (read scalper if you like). Yeah, he buys the stuff at retail then sells it for 2X price or more at local Conventions. Maybe he was just giving me a line, but he didn't strike me the type to be dishonest. (Just greedy)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Oh I wish that were the case, J/K.

The dude I ran into is a toy "re"seller (read scalper if you like). Yeah, he buys the stuff at retail then sells it for 2X price or more at local Conventions. Maybe he was just giving me a line, but he didn't strike me the type to be dishonest. (Just greedy)

I wouldn't put it past someone who is of that persuasion to start talking out of his A about non-existing stuff, then do a make-it-yourself one-of-kind package and sell it at a toy show. I'm really skeptical about him actually having one made by Hasbro, Sal. See if you can get a peek at it and if the bubble was glued back on to the card.

Slicker
08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
The only reason I posted about a 3 color variation is because I read somewhere that they made these 3 packs just like the Clone Wars ones which included a 3 color variation. I myself have neither seen nor heard of anyone having it but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

JawaJoe
08-12-2005, 03:39 PM
just like the Clone Wars ones which included a 3 color variation There was actually a clone wars set that had all 3 colors?? Did not know that.

Slicker
08-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I could've swore that there was one but after further searching I couldn't find any pictures of it.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-13-2005, 09:17 AM
I have sighted the green variation and all white three packs, and had the opportunity to buy 6 of the green (that's how many were there) but I only got one extra (which is now traded away).

Kidhuman
08-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Now who did you go and trade that too??? :crazed: :beard:

jjreason
08-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Are the upcoming TRU Clone 3 packs different versions of this deluxe figure pack, or are they versions of the much better basic figures?

kool-aid killer
08-13-2005, 03:06 PM
I seen three of these sets today...at a collector/scalper store. I really wasnt digging the different color marks on them, they dont look as nice as the AOTC ones did. Makes it that much easier to pass on them, though their price made a huge difference too. Now all i really want is the white one, but wont mind picking the colored ones up IF i see them at retail.

Slicker
08-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Found the red pack today. I'm not sure if I need it (haven't checked yet) but I got it nonetheless.

Kidhuman
08-13-2005, 04:46 PM
JJ, the TRU packs are supposedly better than these figures. These are un-articulated clones, preposed and all. The newer ones arent.

Blackened88
08-13-2005, 09:15 PM
How do you know this KH? I don't remember reading this anywhere.

jjreason
08-13-2005, 09:54 PM
JJ, the TRU packs are supposedly better than these figures. These are un-articulated clones, preposed and all. The newer ones arent.

Thanks, Cap. I have all of the AOTC variations - and they're dog crap. I wasn't looking forward to trying to track down 5 different ROTS versions, so I'm glad to read that there are only 4. Not a priority for me at all, but I'll hope to get them eventually through trades.

The TRU 3 packs, especially the Utapau one - sound very cool.

Kidhuman
08-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Blackened, the New packs are 19.99 I believe. If they were 3 regular clones like these, why not release them in this fashion and they same price point. If you find the thread that has the pics you can tell from those.

Slicker
08-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Here's the link to that TRU Clone Pack. Linky. (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29051&page=1&pp=10&highlight=clone+tru)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Here's the link to that TRU Clone Pack. Linky. (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29051&page=1&pp=10&highlight=clone+tru)
I see no pics in that thread. If there are some, could someone post them? I don't remember ever seeing any.

Kidhuman
08-14-2005, 01:23 PM
I recall seeing the backs of the packages for them, dont know where though

Edit:

FOund pics of the 5 packs of these with Anakin. Thats what I remember seeing:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=414744&postcount=21

DarthQuack
08-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Those pics are for the TRU packs or something else? I was confused...I was under the impression they were just clones.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Now who did you go and trade that too??? :crazed: :beard:

I dunno . . . some bastage named Scott.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Oh . . . those aren't the TRU 3-packs, since, uh, there's five figures in there. :D

The TRU packs haven't even been confirmed by Hasbro so we can't even be sure if they're coming or not.

Kidhuman
08-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Oh . . . those aren't the TRU 3-packs, since, uh, there's five figures in there. :D

Yeah, I realized that when I found the picture.

Battle Droid
08-17-2005, 02:05 PM
The TRU exclusive three packs were canceled says http://www.rebelscum.com .

jjreason
08-18-2005, 01:12 AM
You know, usually I'd be upset by this news - but with the deluge of Clone variations and exclusive stuff left to come out, I'm actually relieved.

Would be nice to eventually get Cody and that other Clone variation with the different helmet from Utapau. Those clones kicked some serious droid booty.

Kidhuman
08-18-2005, 07:15 AM
You know, usually I'd be upset by this news - but with the deluge of Clone variations and exclusive stuff left to come out, I'm actually relieved.

I second that.

dindae
08-18-2005, 09:19 AM
I am still disappointed mainly because I was looking to these 3 packs as a backup in case I couldn't find all of the one per case variant shocktroopers I want. I really can't see why they are cancelling this. Out of all the things Toys R us had listed as exclusives this year they seemed like the ones that would sell the best. Why not cancel the X/wing with wedge? :razz:

DarthQuack
08-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Just give me the Commander Cody and I'll be happy.

Turbowars
08-18-2005, 08:48 PM
I wish they did make Cody so that you guys would stop talking about it.;)

DarthQuack
08-18-2005, 09:06 PM
I wish they did make Cody so that you guys would stop talking about it.;)

The more we talk, the more you respond, the closer to a FULL saber you get lol.

Turbowars
08-18-2005, 09:13 PM
The more we talk, the more you respond, the closer to a FULL saber you get lol.LOL good one.:thumbsup: Can you believe they deleted my thread about my non fully lit saber?:rolleyes: It's always the great ones that get deleted. I'm not sure my question was really answered.:laugh:

Slicker
08-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Pics of the 3 color variation Clone 3 Pack. PWN3D (http://shop.starwars.com/kernel/imageload?table=cat_images;ttl2=15;key1=104124_img 1;key2=-100_img1)

kool-aid killer
08-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Was there any mention of how its stocked per case?

Slicker
08-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Here's the link. Battle Droid pointed me towards it. Scroll down a bit. I'm not sure if it was produced but the pictures are here. Link. (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=SWHBEP3EAH&rid=SWCMTP00001)

DarthQuack
08-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Build your army! The clone troopers pack contains three figures. Each pack will include either 3 white clone troopers, or 3 clone troopers with different unit color designations: red, green, and blue. Which pack you receive is random, we cannot guarantee the exact assortment that you will receive. Blaster included with each figure.

That according to the link you posted towards the bottom.....Still not convinced that it's out there.:razz: