PDA

View Full Version : star wars tv show figures CONFIRMED!!!!

rich_of_the_dead
07-12-2005, 05:14 PM
The Hasbro Promotions And Distribution Man Came Into My Brothers Toys R Us Today As Per His 2x A Week Visit No I Will Not Say The Store Location What Time Or His Name Im Not Getting Him Fired He Told Me And My Brother Who Works There And Gets Me My Goodies I Quote "the Live Action Series Is Between 3 And 4 (which Most Of Us Knew Anyway) And It Will Feature Vader And Boba Fett He Confirmed Daniel Logan Is Playing Him And Someone Else He Didnt Say Who Is Playing Vader And Will Feautre Alot Of Bounty Hunters And Hasbro Is Currently Developing Prototypes Of The Figures Based On Concept Art From Lucasfilm. For Those Who Dont Believe Me I Cant Help It I Heard It From The Horses Mouth So Take Care All And May The Force Be With You:d

DarkArtist
07-12-2005, 06:37 PM
The only problem with Hasbro reps is that they are mainly there to stock shelves and make sure that the product is being displayed the right way and is in regulation to what Hasbro sends out as to their display packet. Most of the reps don't know the design dept or what's going on. Plus half of the design reps come from the NY showroom.
I doubt that this rep is any different from the others. I know this because I applied once to be a Hasbro Rep at the showroom in NY and during the interview the lady who interviewed me asked what I hope to gain out of my working experience with Hasbro. When I explained that I was going to FIT for Toy Design and was hoping that perhaps I might be able to meet with some of the designers and share some of my designs and ideas, she said that reps almost never come into contact with the design dept.
I didn't get the job but from what I heard from other reps working in TRU, Target and Walmart they confirmed the same thing, Design and Rep never meet.
I hope Hasbro does release figures based on the TV series, it might be the only thing close to EU we will see.

Slicker
07-12-2005, 06:41 PM
I'll guarantee that Hasbro will release figs from the TV show. It'll keep the line afloat for several years then when the show ends they'll go back to making the normal figs for several years then they'll be stuck for the next 10 years.

rich_of_the_dead
07-12-2005, 09:23 PM
of course you applied to be a hasbro rep it was right after elvis joind the four tops and madonna married bubbles he said it i believe him your opinion matters to me about as much as seinfeld -----not a half a drop. he said lucas film signed a hundred epioode deal the main characters are gonna be vader fett tarkin a yong han and emperor. so what ever planet you live on where you applied to be a hasbro rep is fine whatever elseworld it was he wasnt from the ny showroom either plus anything we cant find in stores he brings in for us including the 2 cases of holograph yodas. so have a good night and remember your medication ok?

JimJamBonds
07-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Going off of this info. it could make for an intersting show.

Kidhuman
07-12-2005, 11:54 PM
I agree, if these are the characters, then it will be a great run. 100 episodes is too little with these guys in it. Hopefully a young Dengar will be in it. DEN-G:Pirate:

2-1B
07-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Rich, I Love How You Capitalized Every Word In Your First Post
but didn't capitalize any of them in your second post.

DarkArtist has been hanging around these forums for 3+ years now, so I don't think he would make that up about applying for a Hasbro rep position. Not that your sarcastic reply to him was worthy of response, anyway. :rolleyes:

I would be curious to see what they do with a live action show figure line but first they need to go back and make Teek and Noah ! ! ! ! lol lol lol

Slicker
07-13-2005, 01:51 AM
This is really off topic but what the hell is with all of these n00bs getting mouthy with everybody? This an opinion board and he answered with his own retort. Deal with it.

megaprime33
07-13-2005, 06:20 AM
This is really off topic but what the hell is with all of these n00bs getting mouthy with everybody? This an opinion board and he answered with his own retort. Deal with it.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Rich, I Love How You Capitalized Every Word In Your First Post
but didn't capitalize any of them in your second post.
And don't you also love it that he used no punctuation whatsoever? I love reading really long sentences.

Now to stay on topic. I have no doubt that there will be figures from the show, but how good will they be? If you think about it any figure that was made from a live action show(smallville, angel, buffy)where all detailed and super articulated and not 3 3/4 figures. The funny thing is SW is the only brand that can successfully pull off a 3 3/4 figure line for a live action show. All I hope is that the show is actually great and not a complete disappointment. The figures to me are a distant second.

DarkArtist
07-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Hey rich of the dead, no need for the attack. I never called you a liar or anything all I'm saying is that when i applied for a position yes in New York where Hasbro's showroom is and a second coporate office the rep I spoke with told me that the designers and the reps never meet. perhaps your guy knows someone which is fine. Number 2 I don't lie on the website, I read something or I give a suggestion or I have done something that may shed light on something posted here, my post was never an attack on you or your sources. There is no need to get crazy, if there is some reason for the attack perhaps it is you who needs the medication.

Rocketboy
07-13-2005, 10:25 AM
I'll Believe This Is "Confirmed" When I See A Release From Hasbro Or Lucasfilm.

Kidhuman
07-13-2005, 11:53 AM
I'll Believe This Is "Confirmed" When I See A Release From Hasbro Or Lucasfilm.

Exactly, until official word, this is just a rumor.

Devo
07-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Thats a few people now capitalizing all the words in every sentence for some reason (though I get the feeling Rocketboy was doing it in jest). Its very distracting - makes it nigh-on impossible to read posts. And it must double the time it takes to type each post. :confused:

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 09:02 PM
When You Type A Post In All Capitals, It Just Leaves The First Letter Of Each Word In Capital

rich_of_the_dead
07-14-2005, 09:11 PM
blah blah blah havent you shut up yet?:crazed: just kidding my caps button was stuck and to whats his name the one i said about medication i apoligize but i heard what i heard and i am sure you heard what you heard so hy dont we all let it go and go back to enjoying star wars and please stop calling me a noob ok? i hate that:D

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Ok n00b :beard: :p

rich_of_the_dead
07-14-2005, 09:29 PM
if he keeps mucking about im not playing:p

JimJamBonds
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Fine I'll do it... from one (fairly new) noob (myself) to the rest of you noob's give the new noob a break ok? lol

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Ok n00b :beard: :p

2-1B
07-15-2005, 12:50 AM
rICH, i aM nOT sURE iF i uNDERSTAND wHAT yOU mEAN aBOUT yOUR cAPS bUTTON bEING sTUCK bECAUSE tHAT dOES nOT eXPLAIN wHY oNLY tHE fIRST lETTER oF eACH wORD wAS cAPITALIZED . . . sORRY bUT i dON'T bUY tHAT aT aLL. :confused:

rich_of_the_dead
07-15-2005, 02:02 AM
waves hand in front of you "mind your own business you will" hmm? "care not what you buy salad dressing" "ignore you i will" "yes ignore":evil:

Devo
07-15-2005, 07:29 AM
rICH, i aM nOT sURE iF i uNDERSTAND wHAT yOU mEAN aBOUT yOUR cAPS bUTTON bEING sTUCK bECAUSE tHAT dOES nOT eXPLAIN wHY oNLY tHE fIRST lETTER oF eACH wORD wAS cAPITALIZED . . . sORRY bUT i dON'T bUY tHAT aT aLL. :confused:

I THINK KIDHUMAN EXPLAINED IT - I'M JUST TESTING HIS EXPLANATION NOW. I'M TYPING THIS POST ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS - IF IT COMES OUT WITH ONLY THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD CAPITALIZED THEN THE SITE MUST BE DOING IT AUTOMATICALLY.

Devo
07-15-2005, 07:31 AM
I THINK KIDHUMAN EXPLAINED IT - I'M JUST TESTING HIS EXPLANATION NOW. I'M TYPING THIS POST ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS - IF IT COMES OUT WITH ONLY THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD CAPITALIZED THEN THE SITE MUST BE DOING IT AUTOMATICALLY.

Curious...perhaps the punctuation threw it off.

Kidhuman
07-15-2005, 10:41 AM
I Dont Know Devo. I Typed It In All Capitals When I Posted It And It Turened Out This Way.

EDIT: PUNCTUATION HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT

Kidhuman
07-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Did you use cap locks or shift? On the Edit I used shift and on the regular post I used cap locks

Sebulba_Fett
07-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Gee, did I come in the wrong post? I was looking for cool new info on Star Wars toys, and I end up getting a keyboarding class!:confused: :p

DarkArtist
07-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey rich_of_the_dead no problem, just relax a little. It's in the past. :) :)

In any case since we do know that the TV show is confirmed it is a safe bet to say that Hasbro would have to be crazy to pass on the idea of launching a line of figures based on the characters in the series. :D
The only wierd thing about the figures woould be that if they let's say use a flashback type of feature in the show and replace the key actors like Hayden or Natalie with unknown actors and release figures based on their faces. It would be wierd to see an Anakin or a Padme with a different face.

rich_of_the_dead
07-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey rich_of_the_dead no problem, just relax a little. It's in the past. :) :)

In any case since we do know that the TV show is confirmed it is a safe bet to say that Hasbro would have to be crazy to pass on the idea of launching a line of figures based on the characters in the series. :D
The only wierd thing about the figures woould be that if they let's say use a flashback type of feature in the show and replace the key actors like Hayden or Natalie with unknown actors and release figures based on their faces. It would be wierd to see an Anakin or a Padme with a different face.

i know what ya mean dark artist i dont think people would see the movies the same way if they did.its like redoing the original trilogy with new actors and saying the original cast never did them. although i do think if the were just making them now i would use the following:

luke skywalker-james vanderbeek
princess leia- katie holmes
han solo -joshua jackson
no chewbacca (sorry my least fav:D )
obi-wan kenobi-ian mckellen
tarkin-ben cross
emperor palpatine-anthony hopkins
lando calrissian-samuel l jackson
boba fett-the one and only jeremy bullock
darth vader-kane hodder(jason vorhees) in the suit same voice jej
mon mothma (but with bigger role in movies) famke jansen
what do you guys think?:stupid: :crazed:

JimJamBonds
07-16-2005, 09:56 PM
i know what ya mean dark artist i dont think people would see the movies the same way if they did.its like redoing the original trilogy with new actors and saying the original cast never did them. although i do think if the were just making them now i would use the following:

luke skywalker-james vanderbeek
princess leia- katie holmes
han solo -joshua jackson
no chewbacca (sorry my least fav:D )
obi-wan kenobi-ian mckellen
tarkin-ben cross
emperor palpatine-anthony hopkins
lando calrissian-samuel l jackson
boba fett-the one and only jeremy bullock
darth vader-kane hodder(jason vorhees) in the suit same voice jej
mon mothma (but with bigger role in movies) famke jansen
what do you guys think?:stupid: :crazed:

So Rick I'm guessing you're a gig fan of Dawson's Creek? :p Sorry I can't agree on the first four. Ian Mckellen as Obi might be interesting. Sam Jackson as Lando could be cool, but I think that character needs somebody that comes off as a little more... sleezy then Sam. As for the rest? Meh, nothing too great.

rich_of_the_dead
07-17-2005, 03:12 AM
hey dark artist i just have a quick question if ya dont mind. what is that guy over @supershadow tokin and where can i get some? lol what a fruit cake he actually believes he getting to make the sequels?

CaptainSolo1138
07-18-2005, 03:35 PM
While reading this thread, I felt like I was on "the other site" for a minute. :D

Scatalogical humor rocks!

El Chuxter
07-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Am I understanding this correctly? Are we getting a Noob Saibot figure in 2006?

Toasty!!

DarkArtist
07-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Rich not sure what you are referring to ???? :confused:

rich_of_the_dead
07-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Rich not sure what you are referring to ???? :confused:

sorry dark artist what i meant to say was i was looking @ supershadows website what the hell is wrong with him? he thinks lucas is gonna let him make the sequels? oh its supershadows baby now if he wants them :crazed:

darthvyn
07-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Am I understanding this correctly? Are we getting a Noob Saibot figure in 2006?

Toasty!!

that's DARTH noob saibot. he's going to be in the new live-action star wars tv show.

toasty indeed!