PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Maquette Thread

Hellboy
07-12-2005, 06:51 PM
While looking at the picture of the upcoming Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli Maquette I noticed something odd. Look carefully and you'll notice Luminara's green lightsaber is shorter than Barriss's blue saber. Pretty strange huh? I really hope it gets fixed by the time it hits this November.

I think GG is doing a great job with the Maquette line and I'm really looking forward to getting this one. :)

gsr-jedi
07-13-2005, 09:56 AM
They look awful close in length to me. This is the only one of the 3 new maquettes I play to buy. Even though I am a completist, I just can't bring myself to buy the new Anakin & Grievous, they're just to plain.

Jayspawn
07-13-2005, 10:19 AM
I dont mind the poses they're in. I kind of like the neutral poses that Grevious and Anakin are in. I havnt really collected the Clone Wars Maquettes, but the Anakin is aweful tempting.

I did buy Yoda though, its one of the best Star Wars Statues ever!

Hellboy
07-13-2005, 05:19 PM
They look awful close in length to me.

Yeah but my point is they should be the exact same length. It isn't that easy to notice but there is definitely a size difference, at least in this picture. Put something up to your monitor to measure the lengths and compare them and you'll see what I mean.

I agree with Jayspawn, the neutral poses on Anakin and Grievous look great. I think out of all three Anakin is my favorite, mark my words that maquette is going to be HOT!!

Strategist
07-14-2005, 02:46 AM
Im really starting to like the Clone Wars Maquettes. I think this will be the first I'll buy.

Strategist
07-15-2005, 10:55 PM
What other Clone Wars Characters do you hope they design next?

I would like to see:

*Mace Windu
*Kit Fisto
*Durge

Hellboy
07-15-2005, 11:27 PM
I'd love to see Mace and Kit. Can't say I'd be very excited to see Durge as I wasn't to keen on the design of that character but I'd probably buy him anyway.

If I had to pick three like you did Strategist they would be as follows:

1- Count Dooku
2- Shaak Ti
3- Darth Sidious

Strategist
07-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Shaak Ti would be awesome she has some nice poses in Season 2 I liked durge because I like bounty hunters. Aaylaa Secura would be nice too I like many of the lesser known jedi. I think I'll start collecting these the only bad thing is Padme, Obi-Wan, Assaj Ventress and the ARC Trooper will be hard to find without paying high prices. but that's ok I get the other 4 (Yoda, Barriss/Luminara, Anakin and Grievous relatively cheaper. Hopefully they come out with 2 others like last year.

stillakid
07-16-2005, 01:24 AM
Cold weather Padme looks kinda cool. ;)

Grievous is also a good looking sculpt.

Jayspawn
07-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see a Count Dooku Maquette as well.

imashyboi
07-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey Collectors! I can't wait for the other maquettes to be released. It sucks cause I missed out on the 1st wave last year, but no worries I'm not missing out this year. Which ones are people pre-ordering? I made a list of my favorite pieces and which value I think will be worth the most, this is for resale purpose only.

Fav. 2nd Wave Pieces:
1) Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli
2) General Grievous (very close to Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli)
3) Anakin Skywalker

Best Resale Value:
1) Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli - $150ish
2) General Grievous - $130ish
3) Anakin Skywalker - $115ish

Those are my projection. Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli is going to sell higher because its two piece and because the MSRP is higher to begin with. It's two female characters too! General Grievous looks great but the stance looks a little weak, but I still see the value going up because the details and colors looks great. Anakin Skywalker doesn't look too impressive. I mean it looks good don't get me wrong but I think collectors will buy the other two figures first before getting Anakin. They should have made him yelling out of frustration like when he killed Asajj Ventress, I think this would have been the better pose.

Hellboy
07-16-2005, 09:07 PM
A lot of new faces around here lately. :) Welcome to the boards imashyboi.

I think once GG announces how big the run on these pieces will be we'll have a better idea of which maquettes will be worth the most. 2500 seems to be the magic number with Padme (1000 pieces) and Yoda (7500 pieces) being the only exception so thats what I'm expecting.

The first five maquettes are doing really well on the secondary market. The demand for Padme is insane as she's been fetching upwards of $600 on ebay, mostly due to her limited run. If you're contemplating getting these it would probably be a good idea to look now. As the line gains popularity most of these maquettes could wind up in the $200 range before to long.

imashyboi
07-16-2005, 09:11 PM
I agree...I believe the only reason why Yoda had a run of 7500 was because its a real small piece. Padme's run of 1000 is real low probably because they didn't think anyone would actually purchase it, most female characters are released in fewer quantities anyhow. By the time Christmas hits, I'm sure most of these will be fetching close to $140 average. Not sure if the two female Jedi's will get that much since its coming out on November, hopefully it will since its a great piece.

gsr-jedi
07-18-2005, 09:34 PM
I was completely wrong about the Anakin maquette; after seeing it in person, it does look good, I'll probably break down & buy it. I still don't like the Grievous though. Darn you HB, I don't know if I would've noticed the difference in lightsaber length if you hadn't pointed it out; but after seeing it in person, you can definitely tell. I forgot to ask somebody what the deal was on that.

Hellboy
07-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Thats cool gsr-jedi, glad you liked the Anakin maquette.

Man I was really hoping GG would notice the short saber mistake and correct it before these entered the production phase but the fact that you noticed it at the Con is a bit troubling. The maquette isn't coming out until November so if they aren't aware of it hopefully someone will point it out before its to late. :nerv:

pinkertonchew
07-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi GG Clone Wars Maquette fans,
I'm Chris from Singapore and this is my first posting! <and the crowd cheers> hehehe.
Btw, I took notice of the GG maquettes late last month after seeing anakin and Grievous and after seeing Luminara, whoa! I have to get them all! They're pretty nice to begin with, so at this point of time, I managed to get Obiwan (my first), Yoda, Assajj and ARC Clone Trooper. I blew my pocket for all these and Padme is really way, way off! Among last year's Clone Wars Maquettes, I prefer Obiwan as I like his pose and the way his cape flows back! cool stuff! But I'm not sure you guys notice but the ARC Trooper helmet has his red line running vertically down his face right to his mouth, but the actual maquette itself has it run down to his nose area. weird?!

Love to be here! Take care ppl and god bless!

Cheers

Strategist
07-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the boards I hoping I can find a good deal on the last years maquettes except yoda (have it).

pinkertonchew
07-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Hi Strat,
well, i've turned to ebay for all of those and its not cheap ard the range of USD110-130. Except of course for Padme... :cry:
Imagine shipping to my country Singapore which is ard the price of a Yoda...

That's the downside of living awayyyyy from the states. Envy! envy! :crazed:

Hellboy
08-13-2005, 10:33 PM
GG has released their edition sizes. I'm actually pretty surprised they've decided to up the numbers on these. The edition sizes are as follows:

Anakin Skywalker: 3000 pieces
General Grievous: 3500 pieces
Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli: 2500 pieces

gsr-jedi
08-13-2005, 11:02 PM
They actually didn't up the numbers too much. The first ones had only 2,500 each (except for Yoda & Padme), and I'm sure there are already a bunch more pre-orders for the new ones, since the old ones are going for so much

Hellboy
08-13-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm not really concerned with what the piece ends up being worth when all is said and done but I think these editions should have looked something more like this.

Anakin Skywalker: 2,500
General Grievous: 2,500
Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli: 1,500 pieces

Of course thats just my opinion but the 2,500 mark has worked well so far and I don't think the Jedi girls are popular enough to be placed into that category. For many people part of the CW maquettes appeal was the limited run on the pieces so I think you'll find many collectors getting out of collecting these and that in turn could hurt the secondary market value of the earlier pieces as collectors sell their collections.

figrin bran
08-17-2005, 02:09 AM
I'm not really concerned with what the piece ends up being worth when all is said and done but I think these editions should have looked something more like this.

Anakin Skywalker: 2,500
General Grievous: 2,500
Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli: 1,500 pieces

Of course thats just my opinion but the 2,500 mark has worked well so far and I don't think the Jedi girls are popular enough to be placed into that category. For many people part of the CW maquettes appeal was the limited run on the pieces so I think you'll find many collectors getting out of collecting these and that in turn could hurt the secondary market value of the earlier pieces as collectors sell their collections.

i, for one, wouldn't mind at all if that happened since that way i can finally add the ARC trooper to my modest collection.

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 03:33 PM
I need to grab most of the first wave but I'm hoping there is a third wave with Count Dooku, Mace Windu, Shaak Ti and a Qui-Gon Jinn/Young Anakin piece done like the Luminara/Barris piece from that dream sequence.

Hellboy
08-17-2005, 04:14 PM
i, for one, wouldn't mind at all if that happened since that way i can finally add the ARC trooper to my modest collection.

It just so happens I have an extra one of these. I won it on ebay and it was lost by the wonderful USPostal service so eventually I bought another one. Then a few weeks later the missing maquette showed up and I ended up with two. :rolleyes:

I was going to put it back up on eBay but I'd be happy to sell it to you for what I paid for it. If you're interested just PM me and maybe we can work something out. :)

Jayspawn
08-18-2005, 01:23 AM
Thats very good of you Hellboy ;)

I'm hoping for a 3rd wave also. I'd go for a Count Dooku Maquette.

Hellboy
10-05-2005, 07:31 PM
I received my General Grievous CW Maquette the other day and I'm really impressed with this piece. First off GG did a few things different with this one. The Maquette is no longer attached to it's base, you now plug him in similar to how the 1/6 scale GG statues fit in their bases with pegs in his feet. His arms come unattached and he is considerably taller than the other Maquettes in the line holding true to the scale of the characters. I really love how his cape looks too, overall I'm quite happy with him and was pleased to add him with the others.

I've posted a few pictures of him as he now sits in my display cabinet. Notice the size difference in comparison to the other Maquettes.

Jayspawn
10-05-2005, 07:48 PM
How tall is the Grevious Maquette from base to hand Hellboy?

Hellboy
10-05-2005, 09:05 PM
From the bottom of the base to the top of his hand he stands 11" tall.

Jayspawn
10-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Thanks Hellboy. Do you have the Anakin Maquette on order also? I'm still deciding on these two.

Hellboy
10-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Yeah I've got Anakin and the Jedi girls pre-ordered. Out of all three new maquettes I'm looking forward to Anakin the most I think GG really nailed that one.

I'm really glad GG has decided to continue this line even though the cartoon series is over. In terms of quality I think this line is easily as good as the mini busts and considerably better than their statues.

Jayspawn
10-07-2005, 10:31 AM
I only have Yoda so far. I'd like to get the Grevious and Anakin Mawuettes, but I dont want to start collecting these this last when I've already missed Padme, Obi-Wan and the ARC Trooper.

Gentle Giant and Master Replicas pretty much have all my $ spoken for, so I dont have the time to go back and lay down the $$$ to get them. Blah!

Jayspawn
10-07-2005, 10:32 AM
You're cases are getting more full Hellboy. I need to get a case.

Hellboy
10-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah I hear ya about not being able to afford everything you want. Luckily I'm not into MR so that allows me to spend my $$ on Attakus and Sideshow pieces in addition to most of GG's offerings.

My cases are indeed filling up. Nice thing about the maquettes though is they don't take up a lot of space. Once the other two are released I should be able fit all 8 maquettes on the top shelves of all three cases. The statues are another story though.

theropod
10-16-2005, 06:37 PM
What other Clone Wars Characters do you hope they design next?

I would like to see:

*Mace Windu
*Kit Fisto
*Durge

Yeah, I know this was posted a long time ago, but I figured I would participate anyway.

My list:
Dooku
Shaak Ti
Mace Windu surfing a droid fighter

Rock on. I've now started on my CW maquette and artwork collection.
-theropod

mastermatt24
10-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey theropod- Welcome to the fourms! :D :thumbsup:

theropod
10-17-2005, 04:01 AM
Hey theropod- Welcome to the fourms! :D :thumbsup:

I've lurked quite a bit, off and on, but have always been the anti-social type.
Maybe I'll break out of my shell and start documenting my life story.
Or, perhaps I'll spare you the tedium and stick to the topics.

Jayspawn
10-20-2005, 10:53 AM
I'd really like t see...

Series 2 Clone Trooper
Count Dooku
Chancellor Palpatine