PDA

View Full Version : Walmart and their ROTS inventory

jrsharp21
07-13-2005, 12:19 PM
This question goes out to the WM employee who used to post the OTC inventory for a few members who used to ask him to.

Do you know what is going on with WM's inventory of ROTS figs? Is it just a lull right now or is WM actually actually cutting back on inventory. I have not found a WM that has restocked in the past month or so in the Sacramento area. Seems like they have nothing to put out.

DarkArtist
07-13-2005, 01:33 PM
What inventory do you mean the two figures of the wookie warrior, one unleashed anakin and one kenobi saber...........oh and that isle of nothing but Vader voice changers :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: Yeah i was wondering what the deal is with WM lately. Can't get anything good there, was there yesterday and they just took down the ROTS display and were putting up stuff for Spiderman 2. Was finally able to see a Doc Oc figure for the first time. :crazed: :crazed:

ROTJLuke
07-13-2005, 03:14 PM
oh great, now their taking down the ROTS displays too? More super heros? WTF IS THIS!!??!?!

I dunno...Im at work...its driving me insane...

vader68
07-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Same here, nothing new in a month. Same goes for Target too, and I won't even talk about ToysrUs. I have seen nothing since the Tarkin wave, no clone three packs of any color, nothing new anywhere. And yet depending where you live, some people have been lucky enough to get everything. Haven't seen a 500 Vader either.

TheDarthVader
07-13-2005, 03:56 PM
I have an aquaintance with whom I work with. He told me that he just got the whole new wave #46-#52 or whatever. I asked him where he found his figures. My friend tells me that someone from Wal Mart gave him a call and that was it. He bought the whole case. I still have not found the Tarkin wave. It really sucks when I hear stories like this. I asked him to sell me the doubles he had, but my friend tells me that he would probably trade them! What the heck is going on here? This is not right. People have hook ups and that leaves other people out in the cold with their figures.

B.
TDV

steve3p0
07-13-2005, 04:08 PM
i work at walmart.

as far as my store, i'm in the same situation you're in. we have had very few star wars action figures arrive in the last month. i've seen a few of the deluxe assortment, but no basic action figures in a long time.

i can't tell you exact dates or numbers for your specific store, but i can tell you what the stores are doing in general. obviously, the star wars toys are not being reordered as much because the movie hype has passed... and as you probably know, fantastic four is currently taking over as the main feature for action figures. star wars will not be eliminated or anything like that. in fact, you can expect the section to grow as christmas approaches. exactly how much it grows varies from store to store will depend on how well they sold over summer and how well your store managers think they will sell this time.

speak to your toy department manager ... say you want more star wars toys ... it might help, it might not, but it certainly won't hurt. at my store, our electronic lightsabers sold out everytime we got them, people kept asking for more, so we ordered alot more and now the shelves are fully stocked with them.

Lazer Brain
07-13-2005, 04:24 PM
they were condensing the isle here too and i was able to score 2 of the SW display boards! yea.
later

Ji'dai
07-13-2005, 05:52 PM
It's the same here, which is bad since WM is my primary source for new product. I was thinking WM may be preparing to change the mod for the coming holiday season before replenishing inventory.

With the current economic depression, retailers may be pushing to begin the holiday shopping season, their most profitable time of year, even earlier. Back to school stuff is out now and I'm sure I'll start seeing Halloween and christmas decor in a few weeks.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Ok, first off Jaff posted that he couldnt post info like that anymore and really has not posted since, so I think this thread is not going to be answered.

The problem is that alot of WM's overordered for 4/2. They are sitting on merch that everyone has right now. Hasbro doesnt help by kepping on shipping out the same figs in later asst's. Until those move they arent gonna get new stock in. As they sell right now, they are shrinking the section down. It might take awhile, but new stuff will hit.

I was talking with a Toy manager tonight and he informed me that most of the stuff will keep on shipping through Christmas. This is what the rep told him. So all these pegwarmers might not be clearanced until after CHristmas. But keep in mind that in AUgust alot of stores do their Christmas resets in toys, so you might find new stuff then. Keep your chins up and happy hunting.

inkedforlife
07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I just want to add a few comments about this issue that I know about. I may not work at Walmart but I have studied their inventory control procedures as they are the world class leader when it comes to the inventory and traffic control area. That being said this is how it goes.
Wal-Marts has a computerized system that automatically reorders POSSIBLE inventory as current inventory is depleting throughout the country. Say you live in a store without a lot of Star Wars shoppers then the inventory goes by slowly so they do not replenish for your area as fast. Larger urban areas with a lot of toys hunters can have the opposite happen then get overstocked if the demand decreases unexpectedly.
Unfortunatley right now the key word in the above statement was POSSIBLE inventory. As of 07-16-05 Hasbro / Lucas Ent. are ending their lease for shelf space for the Star Wars toys. What that means is all the store area sectioned off for them and them only is now being given back to the stores for other uses. Thus the removal of the displays and such. (Speaking of those displays, those of you stating you got them from the stores should keep it under your hat. This year Lucas Ent. told ALL retailers that they were to strictly return and or destoy all store displays or face charge backs for items unaccounted for.)
This does not mean they will not carry Star Wars figures at all. It just means there will be a delay for a few days until their computer system kicks in and mantains inventory control once again without Hasbro interventions. The same goes for Target and all other retailers give or take a day or two on the lease issues. You will soon see all the displays coming down and the inventories condensing across the board.
The figures are out there though. Sitting in some warehouse just waiting for all of us suckers that love every item we can get our hands on. I can only guess but I say by middle of August everyone should find everything they want with the exception of the exclusives.

Ric Olie
07-20-2005, 01:19 PM
The Walmarts in my area haven't had any new figures in over two months. The only new toys I have seen are the Empire figurines and the 2nd wave of RotS Galatic Heroes.

I'm dying to find a Tarkin and Captain Antillies.

Veers
07-30-2005, 02:47 PM
That is the same news here also.

star junky
07-30-2005, 09:08 PM
i went to 4 wm's this morning, 3 of them had nearly nothing, but the fourth had #55 #55 and 5 or 6 each of the clone variants and this wm was the one with the most pegwarmers on the shelf. 3 of the wm's are within 10-15 min drive of each other. will be watching closely the other 3 next few days to see if they get black clone pilot! my advice to everybody is go to every wm within several miles from you home, if you have more than one, you will eventually hit it at the right time! lol

Fluke Skywalker
07-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Wal-Mart is really dropping the ball here... actually almost all the retail stores are. Every time I've been in the toy aisle lately, every time, there has been some kid there looking through the ROTS figures and walking away bummed out. Hasbro and these retailers are about to lose these kids... not just their interest but the fact that their parents are spending money on back to school stuff now and not toys.

Was at Super Wal-Mart (There's an ironic name for you) tonight and they had nothing above the low 30's. It's awful. Worse than the Saga distribution back in 2003.

star junky
07-31-2005, 09:31 PM
i went to a wm this morning about a 45 min. drive from my house just to see if their inv. was any different than near my home, as i was walking to the toy aisle i noticed a pallet of toys and on it i seen two cases of unopened evolution packs so i checked the shelf and did not see any, in fact they did not have anything above #35 or any deluxe. i noticed an employee start to pick up the pallet to take to the back. i asked him if they were going to stock these sw figures, he looked at the case and replied "not till we do the reset", i asked when that would be and he said at least another month. i said "you mean to tell me that every night for the next month you are going to pull out this pallet with new toys on it and not put them out when they know they will be gone in one day because you have to reset the shelf when their is plenty of empty space for them" he just shook his head i then asked if he could open them and you thought i asked for his right arm or something and after pondering on it for a while he opened one case for me and it was the anakin/vader packs which i already have so i passed and then he really stormed off! i don't understand wm when it comes to the sw toy line or even other stores for that matter. i checked back at the wm where i found the repaints and #54 & #55 today because the pegs were packed and i knew they would be gone fast so i thought they might restock overnight but they didn't the other 3 wm i checked are still empty. you would think that if they have something new they would put it out to sell so a customer would not go to their competition.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I've only found the repaints at WM, as well as the Zett wave. It seems that WMs are really hit and miss. There is one store near me that gets different selections than the other ones. I asked about this and was told that this particular store is a pilot store (whatever that means) so they get different shipments of stuff.

Another one had two sections of SW stuff with totally full pegs. They started a third section on an empty endcap.

BTW, it seems that they've all upped their prices to $5.88. I took some up to a cashier on Sat. and told the cashier that Target has them for $5.24 so she gave them to me for that price w/o an ad. I know they are doing that for groceries, but I thought for gen. merchanise they still wanted to see ads.

spang2005
08-01-2005, 10:46 AM
This past Saturday, three Wal-Marts in my area all put out the AT-RT driver/Obi-Wan wave and re-painted clones. For that one day, everything was good, but they all sold out very quickly. Now we're right back to where we were four days ago. At least they had something.

steve3p0
08-01-2005, 10:18 PM
the basic figure drought continues at my store as well.

however, over the last week, my store has received 25+ boxes of the electronic lightsabers along with a few boxes of the evolutions. with these star wars items slowly beginning to come in, i hope this is a sign that basic figures will be coming soon.

jedibear
08-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Our SW section has remained barren for most of the summer (with the exception of the lonley Nemoidian Guard keeping the Unleashed Obi-wan company).
We got many cases of the "repaint" clone wave (the one that included the excellent Obi-wan pilot and the AT-RT driver). They were scooped up in less than a day...the only ones remaining are the Emeperor and Grevious figures that were included in that case...but otherwise, the summer's featured mostly empty pegs. The only line that has showed with any regularity ( to the point where I'm only missing one set...the white troopers) is the deluxe line.

I spoken (nicely) several times withe the young lady who runs the toy section and she insists that there is nothing she can do about the section sitting empty most of the time. She has no control over ordering stuff...she thinks it's pretty sad that the pegs sit empty most of the time too... She told me they got ONE case of the wave "with the jedi kid" in it and one collector bought them all right as she was pegging them. (Jeez...the one morning I decide to sleep in!)

What's all the more frustrating for us up here in Vermont is we don't have the endless rows of box stores to choose from and when stuff shows up, it goes quick (with SW anyway).

It's one of the few things that makes me glad this is the last movie. I'm gettin' pretty weary chasing down the last part of whatever collection is the one of the moment...

steve3p0
08-14-2005, 10:16 PM
my store received two cases of the zett, antillies and utapaun warrior wave. same for other local walmarts.

i'm not sure why my store still devotes nearly 30 pegs to star wars figures, when we have less than 30 total figures to cover those pegs.

Kidhuman
08-14-2005, 10:31 PM
My store has about 32 pegs filled with Neo Warriors, Wookies, and CLone Pilots, with some of the other peg warmers in there as well

Umbra
08-14-2005, 10:41 PM
My store has about 32 pegs filled with Neo Warriors, Wookies, and CLone Pilots, with some of the other peg warmers in there as well

AT least you have 3 varieties, mine only has Nemo Warriors and Mas Ameda

DarthQuack
08-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Everyone sounds so down, just go out and make a Bail Organa army or better yet a Captain Antilles one :thumbsup:

Umbra
08-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Everyone sounds so down, just go out and make a Bail Organa army or better yet a Captain Antilles one :thumbsup:

Heck I wish I could FIND Captain Antilles

Kidhuman
08-15-2005, 12:04 PM
I was speaking with a Wal-Mart employee today. I was asking them about their inventory and if and when they will get new figures in. The person stated that they can not order from Hasbro, that Hasbro just ships stuff to Wal-Mart. They have no way of ordering what so ever. Thats why all the empty pegs and no new merchandise.

Come on Hasbro, if you cant keep up with stock to local stores so we can improve your profit, how do you expect to stay in business? This is absurd. I have seen the same empty pegs for awhile now and the stores have 0 on order. We need new merchandise shipped to Wal-Marts. Give them back the power of ordering so we can keep you in business. Remember economics class? Supply and demand. We demand it, so supply it.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-15-2005, 01:01 PM
I was speaking with a Wal-Mart employee today. I was asking them about their inventory and if and when they will get new figures in. The person stated that they can not order from Hasbro, that Hasbro just ships stuff to Wal-Mart. They have no way of ordering what so ever. Thats why all the empty pegs and no new merchandise.

For some reason that just doesn't sound correct. I can't remember the name of the guy who used to post on SSG and was a WM store bigwig, but it seems that he said something like the store could place the order with Hasbro once they had so much of their inventory depleted. WM is an 800-lb gorilla who can pretty much belittle suppliers into getting them lower cost so why couldn't they order from Hasbro. Sounds like that guy doesn't know or is telling you that incorrectly on purpose to keep people from bugging him about stock.

star junky
08-15-2005, 01:40 PM
i'm not sure why my store still devotes nearly 30 pegs to star wars figures, when we have less than 30 total figures to cover those pegs.[/QUOTE]

has your wm reset their toys yet? all wm's i go to,with the exception of one sc-wm, has reset their toys and the sw figs have gone back down to about 10-12 pegs. the sc-wm still has about 30-40 pegs out in main aisle with about 10 figs on it beacuse they have not done their reset yet.

abell748
08-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Walmart has been the only place I have found 54-56 and the shock trooper/ commander repaints. I have not seen the black pilot or 51-53 yet. Anyone know what the pilot even ships with? Because of the 54-56 cases however, Grievious, Palpatine #11, and Vader now share the peg warmer title with Wookiee Warrior, Neo Warrior, and Mas Amedda. Just more thing hanging around keeping new stuff from hitting the shelves.

jaxx
08-15-2005, 04:46 PM
I guess that I can assume that the Wal*Marts in my immediate area have not received the newer waves at all... there are no Vaders on the shelves... no clones on the shelves (basically nothing that would ship with the Pilot OB1 wave)... nothing other than the original Neimo's, Wookies, and white Clone Pilots.

bobafrett
08-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Wal-Mart in Villa Park got just two or three cases of the #51 through #56 waves. I hope as they sell down we get more, but I didn't see any more of the Tarkin wave after the intial 2 or 3 cases we got in.

steve3p0
08-15-2005, 09:55 PM
i'm not sure why my store still devotes nearly 30 pegs to star wars figures, when we have less than 30 total figures to cover those pegs.

has your wm reset their toys yet? all wm's i go to,with the exception of one sc-wm, has reset their toys and the sw figs have gone back down to about 10-12 pegs. the sc-wm still has about 30-40 pegs out in main aisle with about 10 figs on it beacuse they have not done their reset yet.[/QUOTE]

my store is behind with pretty much everything, we're beginning to reset toys now.

on another note, we got in about 10 boxes of the 500th figure darth vader ... so star wars toys are coming, slowly but surely.

Kidhuman
08-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Man Can, I can only tell you what I am told. Dont know the validity to it, thats why I threw it out there in hopes that someone who works for WM can confirm or deny it.

JetsAndHeels
08-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Heck I wish I could FIND Captain Antilles

Take a Bail Organa figure, and use some sandpaper or an exacto knife and get the goatee off. :D

Lazer Brain
08-16-2005, 10:25 AM
My Local Wal Mart Has Restocked Today, They Had Plenty Of The New Unleashed,new Titaniums And Latest Figures. So There Out There.
Later

redbeardedjedi
08-17-2005, 02:30 AM
my store is behind with pretty much everything, we're beginning to reset toys now.

on another note, we got in about 10 boxes of the 500th figure darth vader ... so star wars toys are coming, slowly but surely.Do you guys have any of the 54-56 line in yet? I have seriously called every toy store in Memphis trying to get my hands on an Obi-Wan Kenobi Red Pilot figure. In the stores around here (Hernando, Southaven, Olive Branch) I finally found some of the 51-53 guys which I hadn't seen in until a few days ago. I was wondering if ya'll have them out in Memphis since Memphis is so close.

CowherPower
08-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Kind of Strange. Here in WV, repaints are everywhere. On three separate occasions in the last two weeks, Walmart unloaded 15+ cases of the repaint cases (the cases that had two of each, plus obi wan and at-rt.) Also found the mustafar sentry cases in large numbers. Just cant find the elusive tarkin wave or the black clone pilot.

Kidhuman
08-17-2005, 11:33 PM
I found the black clone tonight in WM. He is in the Crispy Anakin wave with the green commander. He is 2 per case

bobafrett
08-18-2005, 09:58 PM
I found the second set (or maybe the first set) of the M & M star wars figures, with 3PO and R2, Amidala, Maul, Luke, Han, Leia (?), Dooku, and Fett.

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 04:52 PM
For some reason that just doesn't sound correct. I can't remember the name of the guy who used to post on SSG and was a WM store bigwig, but it seems that he said something like the store could place the order with Hasbro once they had so much of their inventory depleted. WM is an 800-lb gorilla who can pretty much belittle suppliers into getting them lower cost so why couldn't they order from Hasbro. Sounds like that guy doesn't know or is telling you that incorrectly on purpose to keep people from bugging him about stock.

I was speaking with the Dept Manager of a toy section about ordering new stuff. He attempted to order but it said he could not. I ask all of the posters here to ask their local Wal-Mart employee if they can order any new stuff by using their Telxon gun(f4 button I beleive) and see if they can order any new stuff. I am curious if this is a local epidemic or if it is nation wide.

darth cynik
08-21-2005, 06:56 PM
The whitetrash-holiday WM here got the Zett and Utapauan Sentry wave but they have NOTHING #30 or below except stray Jedi (mostly Ki, Luminara, and Saesee), and they're buried by Neimoidian Warriors and Polis Massans. No sign of Vader, Chewie, Palpatine, any Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace, Padme, and the clones are a dream... I think it's been 2 months since any of them were at this WM. Saw the Tarkin, Mon Cal, and Gran figures once there and nowhere else.

In fact NONE of the stores here have any of the major characters (Anakins especially all completely dried up after the mvie opened. Yeah, WM has the voice changers too, but, yeah that's it.

roswellsun
08-21-2005, 07:54 PM
I was speaking with the Dept Manager of a toy section about ordering new stuff. He attempted to order but it said he could not. I ask all of the posters here to ask their local Wal-Mart employee if they can order any new stuff by using their Telxon gun(f4 button I beleive) and see if they can order any new stuff. I am curious if this is a local epidemic or if it is nation wide.Same here in Danbury, CT (at least that's the excuse they use as to why they haven't gotten almost anything new in months...and months). It seems the Super Wal-Marts get the good supply and the other stores are left with little to no cases.
RoswellSun

trandoshan666
08-21-2005, 09:48 PM
For what it's worth
I was talking to one of the night toy guys at a local Wal-Mart Supercenter in Austin, TX, and he informed me that they had "a lot of stuff in back" but it wouldn't be put out until they did their holiday reset, which he said would happen in a week or two. This guy's been awesome to work with in the recent past, so I believe him. Pretty much everyone will be unleashing holiday stock pretty soon, so we just need to stay frosty.:thumbsup:

steve3p0
08-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Do you guys have any of the 54-56 line in yet? I have seriously called every toy store in Memphis trying to get my hands on an Obi-Wan Kenobi Red Pilot figure. In the stores around here (Hernando, Southaven, Olive Branch) I finally found some of the 51-53 guys which I hadn't seen in until a few days ago. I was wondering if ya'll have them out in Memphis since Memphis is so close.

today i found #55 and 56 at millington's walmart. i had not seen them at any other store.

for now, new releases seem to be sparse so its not worth the drive just yet. most pegs are empty and most stores have not yet received much in the way of action figures. be patient, they will show up in the next few months.

as for my store, we have been getting a ton of the 500th vader, as well as the unleashed, lightsabers, galactic heroes, m-pire, etc. (pretty much everything BUT the regular action figures.)
i do expect them to come soon, as the pegs have been reset with a good 50+ devoted to star wars action figures and waiting for them to arrive and be filled.

i will post again when i see something new in the memphis area.

Kidhuman
08-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Ok, is it me or has everyone been finding stuff at Wal-Mart in the last week or so. They didnt have squat for about one month and now they do. I dont think its a coincidence. I honestly believe Hasbro sent out a huge order to them. I dont think I was wrong at all. It seems that WM has gotten slightly better as no-one was finding stuff for awhile there.

timmae
08-26-2005, 11:27 PM
found the new unleashed, and all figs here in charlotte wallmarts(+4 repaints)should of snagged 55,56. just no 45,46,47! whens the targets gonna get with it. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
08-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I've been pleasantly suprised at what I've found recently at Wal-Mart, TRU and Target. Especially TRU which I feel still had POTF figures about 3 months ago. :bandit:

bobafrett
08-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Ok, is it me or has everyone been finding stuff at Wal-Mart in the last week or so. They didnt have squat for about one month and now they do. I dont think its a coincidence. I honestly believe Hasbro sent out a huge order to them. I dont think I was wrong at all. It seems that WM has gotten slightly better as no-one was finding stuff for awhile there.

That seems to be the way it has been KH. I found lots and lots of figures on the pegs at my store. A mix of old and new, we had a bunch of the Zett wave most recently.

Val Da Car
09-03-2005, 12:21 AM
The 24 hr Super WM by me might be slow to restock.....

The entire store is getting remodeled..

New Floors and a minor reset of the Toy section so far.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-03-2005, 07:09 AM
Found new unleashed at my walmart, and they were already clearanced. I passed since the totally caved in packaging reminded me of the beggining of Ace Ventura............

trandoshan666
09-03-2005, 11:40 PM
The Wal-Marts near me have all reset for the holidays, but two of them haven't actually put out anything new yet. I talked to the night toy guy and he told me that they simply hadn't gotten anything new in. I was under the impression that a "reset" meant new stuff, but I guess not.

bobafrett
09-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Well, in a way it does, but sometimes you just set the shelves/pegs for merchandise that will be coming in. We get freight that says "New Mod" meaning it will be set and will be new,or something we haven't carried before. When they reset our toy mod, we lost some of the stuff we carried from the April toy release, and now we just carry the Unleashed, 3 3/4 figures and a few other basic SW items like electronic lightsabers. It doesn't always mean that we will get the latest figures.

trandoshan666
09-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Well, in a way it does, but sometimes you just set the shelves/pegs for merchandise that will be coming in. We get freight that says "New Mod" meaning it will be set and will be new,or something we haven't carried before. When they reset our toy mod, we lost some of the stuff we carried from the April toy release, and now we just carry the Unleashed, 3 3/4 figures and a few other basic SW items like electronic lightsabers. It doesn't always mean that we will get the latest figures.

That's interesting and helpful. Thanks for the info. Now if these stores would just get some new product

Davros224
09-06-2005, 06:22 PM
You think that's bad, my Wal Mart clearanced out all their Ep 3 figures! I was told my an assistant manager I know that one guy bought 20 Mon Mothmas! Currently they have two Ani Electronic Sabers, 1 12-inch Sidious and three Darth Taters! Not a single figure, not even Bail Organa! Its been that way for 10 days so far

Davros224
09-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Oh I forgot the 1 Unleashed Ventress in the discount section for $1 less!

redbeardedjedi
09-06-2005, 09:49 PM
today i found #55 and 56 at millington's walmart. i had not seen them at any other store.

for now, new releases seem to be sparse so its not worth the drive just yet. most pegs are empty and most stores have not yet received much in the way of action figures. be patient, they will show up in the next few months.

as for my store, we have been getting a ton of the 500th vader, as well as the unleashed, lightsabers, galactic heroes, m-pire, etc. (pretty much everything BUT the regular action figures.)
i do expect them to come soon, as the pegs have been reset with a good 50+ devoted to star wars action figures and waiting for them to arrive and be filled.

i will post again when i see something new in the memphis area.Thanks man!!

steve3p0
09-20-2005, 12:39 AM
my walmart finally received some new figures.

today i found the #54 at rt driver as well as the #33 clone commander (green.)

there still is not as much stock as i would like to see, but the stores in my area have received some and hopefully will receive more.

the walmarts around here typically store alot of their christmas toys in trailers outside the store. for all i know, we could be sitting on several cases right now.

to redbeardedjedi: you might want to make a trip to memphis now. the walmart and toysrus stores in the area have received new stock and might have what you want.

i am now missing only #49 cpt bacarra, which i passed on once because of a worn package and the #6 and #34 variants.

redbeardedjedi
09-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks, Steve. I got mine today and it is pretty sweet!!

UKWildcat
09-22-2005, 11:40 PM
A couple of days ago the WM here finally put something new on the pegs. I mean it was bare for the longest time and now the pegs are full. I picked up a couple AT-RT Drivers #54 and Obi #55. I also picked up a Destroyer droid. They also had tons of Vaders, Grievous #9s, R2D2 sounds, green clones and several others. They also filled up on the Deluxe figs too.

It was nice to see the SW section full again, I just hope they keep replenishing it!

bobafrett
09-25-2005, 11:34 PM
I have posted this in several other threads, but being as I do not read every single thread myself, some of you might do likewise. I got figures # 57, #58, and #59 today at the Wal-Mart where I work, as well as the Sith evo packs. We also had a couple of boxes of SW toys that looked like they were for the younger crowd. SW is still alive at my store.

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I spoke with the dude at WM today. He said each WM should be getting about ten cases of new figures in with the ad running right now. They are to be put out sporadically over the next few eeks, but that likely will not happen. Hasbro seems to be dumping their warehouses and making room right now. The new 12 should start hitting soon everywhere, as they have been found already in some locales.

He also said in December he is slated for 06 merchandise, the Carkoon wave it sounded like to me, but we shall see.

bobafrett
09-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Be careful, I went to buy the new figure #63 today, and it came up at $5.88. I told the cashier that they were at the advertised price, I had even mentioned it to the toy department manager earlier inm the day, when he checked, the older figures were coming up at the lower price, but #57, #58, #59 and # 63 all came in at the old higher price.

steve3p0
09-26-2005, 11:22 PM
today i found # 57, 58 , 59 , 60 and 62 at walmart. i only saw one of each so i'm thinking someone else beat me to # 61 and 63.

all rang up at 5.88 each.

trandoshan666
09-29-2005, 04:26 PM
I got 57-59 and 63 today at Wal-Mart. They had 10 cases, and I watched the guy put out every case, so I know I didn't miss 60-62. Mine too rang up at $5.88, but I told the check out lady that the shelf said $4.77, and she rang them up at that price without batting an eye. The guy in toys told me that they were selling cheaper as part of the special advertised in the circular, so I guess I got lucky.

Kidhuman
09-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Actually the cheaper price is for the start of the Christmas toy season. It last thru Mid October I believe. Have to check the circular for it.

El Chuxter
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM
I picked up some of the new figures the other day, and they rang up at $5.88. I had ten minutes to pay and get to work, though, and WM employees aren't known for their speed, so I just decided that they were worth an extra $1.11 each.

steve3p0
09-29-2005, 07:11 PM
today i found another case of the latest wave and got the last two i needed for the complete seven.

i do hope walmart has alot of more coming. its odd that they are featured on the front page of the advertisement but barely any are on the pegs.

bobafrett
09-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Found the #60, #61 and 62 today. Only one of each, but I own them now.

trandoshan666
09-29-2005, 11:52 PM
I got a black clone pilot tonight. It was one of many, and it rang up $4.77.:)

dindae
09-30-2005, 09:16 PM
Vader has taken over my Wal-mart. I went today and found a sea of Vaders. 16 pegs 85% of which was Vader. Also had plenty of 500th figure vaders, Vader costumes and probably 40 rebel Vs empire battlepacks with Vader in it. Thankfully I was able to pick up Gree and the Wookiee commando.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Vader has taken over my Wal-mart. I went today and found a sea of Vaders. 16 pegs 85% of which was Vader. Also had plenty of 500th figure vaders, Vader costumes and probably 40 rebel Vs empire battlepacks with Vader in it. Thankfully I was able to pick up Gree and the Wookiee commando.

I just got back from the local WM and found the same thing. They must have cases with just DV. I scanned my black Wookie and Comm. Gree and they came up as $4.77 but the selfhelp cashier rang them at 5.88. WTH?

BTW Chuxie, if their prices ring up incorrect then they're supposed to give you a $3 credit. When the OTC AT-ST Han wave came out last year and were put on the clearance rack and the price came up at $5+, the cashier knocked $3 off.

Kidhuman
09-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Yes, they are shipping whole cases of Vaders out there. The dept manager opened a case for me today and it had 12 #11 Vaders in it.

trandoshan666
10-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Yes, they are shipping whole cases of Vaders out there. The dept manager opened a case for me today and it had 12 #11 Vaders in it.
I had exactly the same experience Thursday at an area Wal-Mart. Even the guy putting the figures on the shelves was astonished by this move by Hasbro.

steve3p0
10-01-2005, 07:24 PM
i went in today at 8am, it appeared as though five cases of the collection 1 basic action figures had been stocked.

pretty much everything was either a major character or one of the clone variations from the first 56.

lots of darth vaders, but no more than a dozen or so.

when i left at 5, about half of the figures had been sold.
hopefully when i go in tomorrow, they will again be restocked.

UKWildcat
10-01-2005, 08:08 PM
i went in today at 8am, it appeared as though five cases of the collection 1 basic action figures had been stocked.

pretty much everything was either a major character or one of the clone variations from the first 56.

I had the exact same experience a couple weeks ago at WM. I've been checking back a few times a week but haven't restocked again. I'm pretty much up to date with most the figures, looking for #56 and up.

Like you guys, I still can't get over the amount of Vaders though. A couple months ago I would have thought you were crazy if you told me he was going to be a peg warmer. lol There for a while he was nowhere to be found. Ahhh.. Hasbro...

bobafrett
10-02-2005, 05:56 PM

Well that explains the pegs and pegs and pegs of Vaders at my store. Could Vader actually become a peg warmer? I haven't exactly seen this one jumping off into the shopping carts off our customers.

Ric Olie
10-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Well it took four months but my local Walmart finally put out some new figures at the end of September. I got the Sith Evolution pack, Pilot Obi-Wan, AT-TE Tank Gunner, Green Clone Commander, Turbo Tank Driver and a deluxe Clone Trooper three pack.

The had a few other new figures, electronic R2, SA Clone Trooper, Black Clone Pilot, Destroyer Droid and the Clone Trooper Evolution pack which I passed on.

Ric Olie
10-04-2005, 01:26 PM
My local Walmart had new figures today. I picked up #61 Passel Argent and #63 Neimodian Commander. They also had a white Grievous Bodyguard but I passed on him since I have the gray one. I was very sursprised to see them so soon.

thestarwarsman
10-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Just some transitions going into the holidays. The local Walmart here also got new figures in this past weekend.

sith_killer_99
10-17-2005, 06:49 PM
WOW!

I walked into Wal-Mart tonight, not expecting to find anything, when BAMB!

They had a new island display...in addition to the one they set up late last week. It was one of those ROTS cardboard deals with deluxe figure packed 3-4 deep 4-5 across and 4-5 high.

So what did I find, no less than 9 sets of Green Clone Deluxe 3 packs! All were mint-near mint.

I bought two and went along my merry way.:thumbsup:

Jango Speck
10-19-2005, 01:31 AM
WOW!

So what did I find, no less than 9 sets of Green Clone Deluxe 3 packs! All were mint-near mint.

I bought two and went along my merry way.:thumbsup:

I had to check the date of this post- I haven't heard of anyone getting excited about deluxe clones- and they are oh so plentiful in California. Maybe you were being sarcastic? Not to sound rude sith_killer_99, but have you seen the clone repaints or the lava figs yet? You're in for a real treat- they might hit around Christmas.:lipsrseal

sith_killer_99
10-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Ummm, yeah, the Clone packs have been all over the place, Red, Blue and White, but the Greens have been hard to find out here, and other places as well, from what I have seen in other posts. I went back last night all the Green Clone 3-packs were sold out....all the others have seen some bench warming time.

Anyway, I am up on the re-paints (14 Shock Troopers (6 going out to JMS), 6 Black Pilots, 6 Green Commanders), Battle Packs (3 Jedi Temple Assaults, 2 Coruscant Attack and one of each of the others), Lava figs (1 of each with tons more falling off the pegs out here), etc.

All I really need are the last 5 figures #64-68. No sign of them anywhere out here and I have been hitting every store pretty hard lately.

bobafrett
10-19-2005, 10:07 PM
We got the Titanium X-Wing and Republic gunship in at my Wal-Mart today. I liked the packaging on these so much, I had to get them, but I also had to place them on lay-away.

jedi master sal
10-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Ummm, yeah, the Clone packs have been all over the place, Red, Blue and White, but the Greens have been hard to find out here, and other places as well, from what I have seen in other posts. I went back last night all the Green Clone 3-packs were sold out....all the others have seen some bench warming time.

Anyway, I am up on the re-paints (14 Shock Troopers (6 going out to JMS), 6 Black Pilots, 6 Green Commanders), Battle Packs (3 Jedi Temple Assaults, 2 Coruscant Attack and one of each of the others), Lava figs (1 of each with tons more falling off the pegs out here), etc.

All I really need are the last 5 figures #64-68. No sign of them anywhere out here and I have been hitting every store pretty hard lately.

Damn, 9 sets! Cripes I would have gone nuts buying those up. Okay, maybe just two sets for me as well. Good find. (If you see them again, keep me in mind if you can pick one or two sets up.)

Thanks again on the Shocktrooper deal, can't wait to get them from you.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the new figs for you too. I haven't been too lucky finding the last 12. So far I only have the Neimodian Commander, Darkside wookie...(ha ha) (I mean the Commando), and by a deal with a local collector I was finally able to obtain Gree and Bly (yellow rings). That's it.

Wal*Marts close to me have a TON of Vaders warming the shelves. That and Lord "Tater"s.

sith_killer_99
10-20-2005, 11:24 AM
With no less than 4 W*M in my area, 2 of them are bone dry on basic figures and the other 2 are stuffed full.:rolleyes:

I have 3 Target's near me 1 put the exclusives out on Sunday, 1 put the exclusives out yesterday and the other still has not put out the exclusives.

I understand that there are inconsistancies between stores, but this is getting to be ridiculous.

Meijer's has been a joke, they never even received the Evolutions sets and the newest basic figures they have had are #56 and below.

K-Mart has been a huge bust. I found the Jedi Temple Assault set a monht or so ago and nothing since. The newest basic figure they have is the Obi-Pilot.

This is getting frustrating. My biggest score all week has been a stupid rain check for the Evolutions sets.:rolleyes: Oh, and I manged to find a few #41 Clones at Target for $4.31 each.

jaxx
10-20-2005, 04:40 PM
I haven't even seen any of the figures past #56 in any stores. The WalMarts by me only have a ton of the lightsaers and Vaders. I'd love to at least SEE the figures on a peg or two.:rolleyes:

jedi master sal
10-21-2005, 10:09 AM
SCORE!!! One of my local collecting buds hit my local WM this morning and found all of the first 7 of the last 12. He hooked me up with all the ones I needed from that set. He even said there was plenty left. I'm talking cases worth not just a couple here and there!

I'm befuddled by this, but grateful to my friend for hokking me up.

So hit those WM fellas (and ladies)!

Now to just find the last 5!

figrin bran
10-21-2005, 10:54 AM
my local WM has the huge display. and pegwarmers flexed out on that display. white clone pilots for crying out loud! ohhh, but they have tons of Mpire figures :rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
10-21-2005, 11:08 AM
That's good news thanks for the info!

I know a week or two ago I started to see tons on the new AF X-Wing and Republic Gunships and now they are turning up everywhere. So let's hope the trend continues.:yes:

bobafrett
10-22-2005, 11:06 PM
my local WM has the huge display. and pegwarmers flexed out on that display. white clone pilots for crying out loud! ohhh, but they have tons of Mpire figures :rolleyes:

Yes, my store has tons of these Mpire figures also. I want to sell down a few dozen do I can get one of the trays they are displayed in (or is that on?).

sith_killer_99
10-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Well, an early morning run (4am-7am) yielded some nice finds.

One Wal-Mart had 3 of the final 5, minus the Hologram figures.

Two Wal-Marts had 2 of the 3 DVD sets, minus the Clone Troopers of course.:rolleyes:

Otherwise, I found squat. I hit a total of 5 Wal-Marts.

ace2005
11-03-2005, 04:46 AM
Hello,

Houston, Texas

All the Wal-marts in the local area are inundated with the movie packs troopers and all...Also Wal-marts have been receiving a special display pallet with half vehicles and the other half with the new collection one figures...Another interesting note is our Wal-marts have been receiving 1 case 12 pieces of early bird exclusive offer repackaged with the new expiration date, but still for 30 bucks though.

:bandit:

Good Luck,

inkedforlife
11-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know for sure when the Seperation of the Twins is coming out to Walmart? I have not seen any posts about this having a release date or even any rumors.
Also does anybody know if eth 6" Millenium Falcon and X-wing fighters are going to stay a Walmart exclusive or become all store wide? I really want to get those two and only those. Sort of a strange fascination but I have the two of them tattooed on my back and I want the ship statues as well to show those off when the shirt is still on (Laugh)

bobafrett
11-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Hello,

Houston, Texas

All the Wal-marts in the local area are inundated with the movie packs troopers and all...Also Wal-marts have been receiving a special display pallet with half vehicles and the other half with the new collection one figures...Another interesting note is our Wal-marts have been receiving 1 case 12 pieces of early bird exclusive offer repackaged with the new expiration date, but still for 30 bucks though.
:bandit:

Good Luck,

Yes, I forgot to mention that our store got a case of the "Early bird figures in. They had an "Extended ordering deadline" on them. I forgot to check if it was an added sticker on the outside of the case, or a new printed card on the inside. I would imagine these are new, because the materials inside would need to have the "new deadline" date on them also.