PDA

View Full Version : Proof that degrees don't always mean something. Look inside!

JEDIpartner
07-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Ms Becky "I have a degree" M.just provided me with the most horrid head-slappingly stupid moment of the day.

Chrissy mentioned that this one takeaway sells Chinese food by the pound from their buffet. Becky asked how the people know what to charge you. I said, "They put it on a scale when you pay."

So she asks, "What happens if you get more than a pound? Do they make you put some of it back?"

Stunned, I asked, "Have you ever purchased something from the deli department at a supermarket?!!"

She shouted, "Yes! But someone else gets it for me! I tell them I want a pound and they get me a pound!!"

My response to that was, "Generally, it's a little under. If it's a little over, they either ask you if that 'fine' or if it's not a significant amount over, they just leave it and you pay a little more... Yikes!!! How could you not know this??!!"

JimJamBonds
07-13-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm with ya JP a degree doesn't automatically mean anything. Same thing goes if you don't have a degree.

Ji'dai
07-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Well, it's the difference between knowledge and experience.

Is Becky blond? That could explain a lot.

Still, if Becky was that hot chick you worked with that got her photo spread published on that radio station website, I'd forgive her ;)

JEDIpartner
07-13-2005, 02:31 PM
The photo girl was Sam. She got fired for being a slacker. Becky WAS blonde until she returned her hair to its natural colour, which is brown. Unfortunately, she's since dyed it a really ugly deep plum colour.

JimJamBonds
07-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Well, it's the difference between knowledge and experience.

According to Dex I thought it was between knowledge and wisdom? ;)

CaptainSolo1138
07-13-2005, 03:48 PM
I have a college degree and I'm working on my second. I'm even furthur evidence that they don't mean anything. :p

vader68
07-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I didn't get a degree, I got kicked out of college during my junior year. That was 16 years ago, now I am a stay at home Dad with three kids, and I get to look at this website all day long.:crazed:

InsaneJediGirl
07-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Uh...How can you be that stupid? Guess she doesnt go to the deli,buy produce by the pound,or takeout food.Talk about a sheltered life :crazed:

JEDIpartner
07-14-2005, 01:23 PM
She's such free entertainment here.

The best moments of the day are when someone goes up to her cubicle and they say "hello" and she shrieks and jumps a mile into the air! I do that to her everyday and the reaction is always the same. The girl's gonna give herself a heart attack someday!

She looks like a cross between Debbie Gibson and Sally Field-- in case you were wondering!

:crazed:

JetsAndHeels
07-14-2005, 02:08 PM
I have a college degree and I'm working on my second. I'm even furthur evidence that they don't mean anything. :p

I second that. I have my college degree and I am proud to say that it hasn't changed me one bit.