PDA

View Full Version : Oh, gag! New "lava reflections figures"...

JEDIpartner
07-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Target is getting 2 more "lava reflection" exclusives. They will be Anakin and Obi-Wan based on the #2 and #1 figures fromthe ROTS line. Booooooo!!!!

Apparently, TRU is getting a new Holographic Emperor based on the Saga version of the "half-head huge hood" Emperor. :mad:

Reefer Shark
07-13-2005, 02:11 PM
All three sound lame to me. At least I won't feel compelled to buy these "sure to be overpriced" exclusives.

ronhudy
07-13-2005, 02:47 PM
I'll pass on Obi/Ani. Emperor might be cool, if it's a freebie with $20 purchase, but they'll probably have pegs full of junk when it's available.

ROTJLuke
07-13-2005, 03:10 PM
yea, the Emperor doesnt sound half bad

vader68
07-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Say the word exclusive, and you won't be able to find them. No matter how much they suck.

DarkArtist
07-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah Hasbro needs to stop wasting time with these aweful exclusives and just produce more product and easier to find product. Keep the exclusives on their website or to a starwars.com website.

TheDarthVader
07-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Yeah Hasbro needs to stop wasting time with these aweful exclusives and just produce more product and easier to find product. Keep the exclusives on their website or to a starwars.com website.

I completely agree. Store exclusives should be called "reclusives". You can never find them because some jerk goes in and buys all of them.

B.
TDV

Lazer Brain
07-13-2005, 04:19 PM
NOOooo... MORE LAVA !repaints suck. but of course i'll get'em.

as for the holo emporer , is this the same that was a starwarsshop exclusive awhile back? that one was cool and i only got one and would like to have one to open.
later

Slicker
07-13-2005, 06:22 PM
It seems as though there are nearly as many exclusives as regular released figures anymore.

Hellboy
07-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Well, at least we know what replaced the Silver line now. :p

JediTricks
07-13-2005, 08:20 PM
But what do we call it, the crayola line?

JEDIpartner
07-13-2005, 08:59 PM
as for the holo emporer , is this the same that was a starwarsshop exclusive awhile back? that one was cool and i only got one and would like to have one to open.
later

No... it's based off of the Saga sculpt. The one from SWshop.com was from the POTF2 mould.

Fluke Skywalker
07-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Well, at least we know what replaced the Silver line now.

Yep, they're on the "Holo" kick. What's next, scratch & sniff? I'm just not interested enough in these to jump through the hoops, and at a two fold price increase to boot. 'Blah' :rolleyes:

vadersvette
07-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Yay! ANOTHER reissue of the #2 Anakin. Let's see...there was the basic one and all its variants, the Vader Case one, the Press Kit one, the Green fighter one, ther Jedi Temple Attack Set one, now this one...that makes 8 that I can think of :rolleyes: It's the new POTF2 Han Solo! :speech:

kool-aid killer
07-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Hmm, if Holo Emperor is free with a $20 dollar purchase (like i suspect he will be) i will probably get him. But "Lava Reflection" Obi and Ani will most likely be passed on, especially if the retail for around thirteen dollars. These exclusives dont really seem special, which is probably why im not worried about obtaining them.

2-1B
07-14-2005, 02:04 AM
I didn't buy the first Obi and Ani figures so these Lava versions might be fantastic. :)

abell748
07-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Unlike the Lava Vader, one can make the case that these are atleast from the movie. I will get the Emperor if he is free with $20 purchase, if not I have the first one and I never cared for the Saga sculpt anyway.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 08:27 AM
I dunno, 13 bucks for a repainted figure. I will have to see it in person prior to buying them.

Devo
07-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Hmm a holographic version of huge hood emperor might not be that bad - its a silly looking sculpt painted proper but once you lose colour detail it might be passable.

Jayspawn
07-14-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm sure I'll pass on the Lava Obi-Wan and Anakin figures.

But the Holo Emperor I'm sure I'll get cause I'm a Palpatine fan. I wont cry over not getting it though -I'm perfectly happy with the Episode I Holo Sidious.

JEDIpartner
07-14-2005, 10:45 AM
I have that one as well as the "exclusive" SWshop.com Holographic Emperor that was offered, was it last year?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I dunno, I kind of like these guys . . . I think that these don't look too bad with the lava reflection, provided of course that the final product looks as good. Hopefully they won't be too overpriced . . . but I think they will . . .

This Emperor is useless, since when he appears as a hologram after being scarred, he's only shown from the chest-up.

JetsAndHeels
07-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Yep, they're on the "Holo" kick. What's next, scratch & sniff?

If that is the case let's hope there is no Rancor Keeper in the line. :D

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Why buy a holo Rancor Keeper when you can buy Grimace

JEDIpartner
07-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Okay... correction. The latest photo reveals that the Holo Emperor is actually going to be cast from the same mould as the Emperor Palpatine from earlier in the ROTS line. This is the one with the firing force lightning and prong blob mechanism. That feature is still intact on the Holographic version. Whee!

Jedi
07-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Any word on when these figures are scheduled to be released?

Sincerely,
Jedi :D

JawaJoe
07-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Another holo emperor!! sigh. Would MUCH rather have a holo clone. Come to think of it id rather have a holo hammerhead or holo jawa 2 pack than another freakin holo emperor. How bout a holo hoth luke and holo wampa 2 pack?

Devo
07-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Another holo emperor!! sigh. Would MUCH rather have a holo clone. Come to think of it id rather have a holo hammerhead or holo jawa 2 pack than another freakin holo emperor. How bout a holo hoth luke and holo wampa 2 pack?

Holo Captain Needa
miniature Holo Darth Vader
Holo Kamino Obi-wan
Holo Geonosis destroyer droid
miniature Holo Rodian official (AOTC)

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 02:15 AM
not excited for these what so ever...possibly holo emperor if its free w/ 20$ purchase...

Dark Marble
07-15-2005, 09:46 AM
I will pick up these figures. The lava reflection Ani and Obi make more sense then the lava reflection Vader. And I thought I saw a picture for the holographic Emperor but it was the figure from ROTS and not the saga version.

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 11:42 AM
prehaps if I extra cash, and theyre there one day, Ill pick um up, but not goin out of my way for these...

evenflow
07-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Not too great, but i will buy them anyway.

Slicker
07-15-2005, 07:18 PM
These appear to be the Lava Reflection Ani and Obers along with the retooled collector cases.

Pics (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3644&text=&imageid=16125&box=&shownew=)

Kidhuman
07-15-2005, 11:42 PM
I swear, I could puke on these two figures and they would look better

VaderhitsJarjar
07-15-2005, 11:51 PM
The lava vader price peaked many suns ago - so I sold my only one to a scalper for $50 - i threw in a OTC scanning trooper I found at KB for $3.99
He couldnt resist.

not a bad profit

El Chuxter
07-28-2005, 02:18 PM
How long until Lava Reflection Jake Lloyd Anakin?

Dissen nutsen. The holos wouldn't be too bad if they were based on people who actually appeared as holos, and if they were painted!

If they're on such a huge holo kick, how about a Holo Vader? We seem him once in ESB on Hoth, and we can assume Palpatine sees him as a holo later in the film.

Or, oh, I don't know, a new Holo Maul? Or a Holo Jango. Sure, it might be borderline EU, but it's a safe bet he appeared as a holo to Dooku at some point.

Holo Dooku?

Reissue the original Holo Sidious, since so few found him?

Shoot, I think a Holo C-3PO/R2-D2 set would be wizard.

The possibilities are far too endless to stick with Palpatine and His Amazing K-Mart Rubber Mask!

Turbowars
07-29-2005, 08:19 PM
I didn't buy the first Obi and Ani figures so these Lava versions might be fantastic. :)Same here, saw them at the SDCC and they didn't look 1/2 bad.

niktom
07-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Yep, they're on the "Holo" kick. What's next, scratch & sniff? I'm just not interested enough in these to jump through the hoops, and at a two fold price increase to boot. 'Blah' :rolleyes:

Ya know... the whole "scratch & sniff" line would have merrit. Just think about it! Wet Wookie, Stale Stormtrooper, Burnt Anakin, Metallic Droids, Dirty Jawa or Tusken, Old Spice Emperor, Powder Puff Princess, or even Swamp Gas Yoda! The possiblities are endless! I think this has major marketing written all over it... same old sculpts, new scents, and even namebrand marketing tie-ins. Man, Fluke you and I need to go to work for Hasbro. We would fit right in.

Turbowars
07-29-2005, 09:23 PM
I'd defiantly take a "scratch & sniff" Padme. Alive version though.:classic: