PDA

View Full Version : Vader asks about Padme, why not the baby(ies)?

TheDarthVader
07-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Vader asks Palpy about Padme. Why do you think he doesn't ask about the baby? Does he assume that both are dead? Does he not want Palpy to know that she was pregnant?

B.
TDV

Ryno
07-13-2005, 04:37 PM
I think Palpatine already knew she was pregnant - he knew that Padme was Anakin's wife without having to be told. I think Vader just didn't ask because his concern was always for Padme. It wasn't the thought of the children dying that tore Anakin up, it was Padme - he "couldn't live without her" as he told Palpatine as he was pledging himself to his services.

When Padme asks Anakin if her child dies in the dreams he is having, he just kind of waves it off and says he doesn't know. His main concern was always Padme and her well being. I think the baby was just an after thought to him.

Rocketboy
07-13-2005, 09:11 PM
It was pretty clear that Anakin wasn't happy about her being pregnant, so I didn't really see why he'd ask about the baby.

JimJamBonds
07-13-2005, 11:11 PM
I agree that Padme was #1 and besides the last time Vader saw Padme she hadn't had their child yet. It seems pretty save to say he was thinking if mommie was dead then so was the kid.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 12:03 AM
I wonder why none of the Jedi knew she was having twins

kool-aid killer
07-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Im thinking JimJamBonds hit it on the head, Anakin asks about Padme because first and foremost that is who he cares about above all else, and secondly it was probably safe to assume that if she were okay then the baby was okay too.

2-1B
07-14-2005, 01:50 AM
It was pretty clear that Anakin wasn't happy about her being pregnant, so I didn't really see why he'd ask about the baby.

How did you come to that conclusion ? :confused: To me, the exact opposite was clear. :)

Anakin says that it is wonderful that she's preggers, he says their baby is a blessing, and even after being renamed Darth Vader he goes to see Padme and asks how the baby is doing.

Ryno, I didn't take it at all the way you did, when Anakin says "I don't know" in regard to the baby I thought the scene was played so that he said it in a sort of desperation, he could see Padme's fate but not the baby's.

Jim Jam makes a good point about assuming that the baby died with Padme, that's how I felt about it as well.

:)

CaptainSolo1138
07-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Anakin only pretended to care about the kids so Padme didn't divorce him and saddle him with child support. :D

Seriously though, I see PocketRocketboy's point about Ani not really wanting the kids, at least at first. When Pregme tells him about it on the landing platform, he has a "aw, son of a..." face and then he says how wonderful it is. I'm sure he became acclimated to the idea though once the initial shock wore off and he had time to let it settle in.

Jek Porky 2002
07-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Slight change of thought, but do you think that if Anakin had been around after the babies were born, he would have become jealous of them for all the attention from Padme?

It wouldn't just be the two of them any more and he wouldn't have her undivided attention, the babies would have to be put first and I don't think young Ani would like that!!

Rocketboy
07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Seriously though, I see PocketRocketboy's point about Ani not really wanting the kids, at least at first. When Pregme tells him about it on the landing platform, he has a "aw, son of a..." face and then he says how wonderful it is. I'm sure he became acclimated to the idea though once the initial shock wore off and he had time to let it settle in.That was pretty much the reason I was aiming at. Sure, he tells Padme that he's happy, but that seems to be the only way he attempts to show it. In Anakin's dreams the baby is the thing that kills her, plus the child was never used to lure Anakin to the drak side, only Padme was.

JimJamBonds
07-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Slight change of thought, but do you think that if Anakin had been around after the babies were born, he would have become jealous of them for all the attention from Padme?

It wouldn't just be the two of them any more and he wouldn't have her undivided attention, the babies would have to be put first and I don't think young Ani would like that!!

That's a good question there Jek. I think at that point Anakin would be out of the Jedi order so he wouldn't be running around all over the galaxy. However I don't see Anakin being the type just to 'settle down', he seems the type to always want to be doing something. I certainly think he'd be jealous of his children to an extent.

2-1B
07-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Anakin jealous of the baby ? You guys are crazy, I can't tell if I'm reading a Jerry Springer message board or a tutorial on how to not get a dog before having a baby because the dog can get jealous. lol

JimJamBonds
07-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Anakin jealous of the baby ? You guys are crazy, I can't tell if I'm reading a Jerry Springer message board or a tutorial on how to not get a dog before having a baby because the dog can get jealous. lol

I'm not talking about Anakin performing a lightsaber abortion here, I'm just saying it might stick in his craw a bit thats all.

TheDarthVader
07-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the interesting thoughts. I do not believe that Anakin would have been jealous of the babies. I agree that Padme was #1 in his life and suppose that he believed the babies died with her.

B.
TDV