PDA

View Full Version : Reckon we'll see Star Destroyers show up anytime?

Jargo
01-14-2002, 02:25 PM
Okay so we know that the Empire is built between episodes three and four. A whole twenty years passes between those two movies. But Star Destroyers had to come in somewhere didn't they? Maybe we'll see something smaller but still very star destroyer like. What do you reckon?

DahrJin
01-14-2002, 02:37 PM
Sounds promising. I just hope we can expect to see them in EP III.

El Chuxter
01-14-2002, 02:46 PM
If Lucas wants to adhere to established EU (sometimes he do, sometimes he don't), then the Victory-Class Star Destroyer would show up sometime around AOTC. They're smaller than Imperial-Class Destroyers and have a long antenna-thingy protruding forward from the bridge, but otherwise are identical to their Classic Trilogy counterparts.

Rollo Tomassi
01-19-2002, 01:12 PM
Yes.

Lord Tenebrous
01-19-2002, 01:55 PM
From Incredible Cross Section for AOTC:

Jargo
01-19-2002, 02:43 PM
No no no, that can't be right. it's a printing error. George and Rick have been stating for months so publicly that the JEDI STARFIGHTER is the genesis of the star destroyer, so this big hulking vessel couldn't possibly be the beginnings at all. Remember that George and Rick themselves insisted that the JEDI STARFIGHTER was the baby version of the star destroyer, remember that people, it's on the making of documentary 'Wedgie 'em out' as proof and it's in a million net and magazine interviews from last year. Hah! :D

D'ya think they been reading my posts? I'm the only one that's been shouting about the starfighter/star destroyer for months. I'd like to think they read my posts and went "OOPS!" and then revised it all for the film and the books. That'd be cool. Cool like the fact that I had my user name long before 'Jango' was even a sniff of anything on the net or anywhere. Suddenly there's a character in Star Wars that sounds suspiciously like Jargo™ . And people are confusing the two. God I hate being called 'Jango' :D I'd sue for copyright breach because I of course have Jargo™ copyrighted.... We British don't have the litigation gene though. :crazed:

Obi-Don
01-20-2002, 04:37 AM
Yes they will show up but when will be the question.I think it will around in the EPIII.

mabudonicus
01-20-2002, 12:54 PM
I've used both interchangably when addressing you, I wasn't sure why most replies to you seem to say jango, sorry about that. Maybe you should add: (with an R, dammit!) to the end of your name. That's what we do over here.

JediTricks
01-20-2002, 09:58 PM
I want Ep 3 to start with the camera pulling back from a looming Star Destroyer (or victory class) to show it being in space dock under construction, that'd be a great tie-in to the classic trilogy.

mabudonicus
01-21-2002, 12:07 PM
How about starting with the classic OT star destroyer shot, then pulling back to reveal that it's just a model(computer or otherwise) that's being pitched to the emperor, who would at that point be getting ready to start building the empire in earnest. It would be an interesting trick shot of sorts, eh?

browndroid
01-21-2002, 12:58 PM
yeah, that would be pretty cool.

GNT
01-24-2002, 07:20 AM
As I,the mighty GNT™ say we'll probably some sort of Star Destroyer in the next film :)

Eternal Padawan
04-13-2002, 04:11 PM
As I, the indomitable Eternal Padawan™ say based on the trailers I've seen, we'll probably see some sort of Star Destroyer in the next film. :D :rolleyes: