PDA

View Full Version : It's a Rainbow of Clone Flavors

CrunchyNug
07-14-2005, 02:14 AM
First of all, I have to say thanks to Hasbro for unloading all the new and fantastic Clones on us collectors at Comic-Con. I simply cannot believe how many different variants there are, how many Commanders we're getting, and all the colored multi-packs...keep 'em coming!!!

I've tried to compile a list of all the new guys, so here goes.

#6 Red Shock Trooper
#33 Green Clone Commander
#34 Black Clone Pilot
#41 Blue 501st Clone Trooper
#54 Turbo Tank Driver
Evolutions - Yellow Clone Commander
Evolutions - Grey Clone Commander
Battle Packs - Blue 501st Clone Troopers (x3)
Yellow Clone Commander Bly
Green Clone Commander Gree

I mean come on!!! I know I'm gonna have to break open my piggy bank to get all of these, and then some, but at the same time I cannot wait either!!! WOW!!!

figrin bran
07-14-2005, 02:27 AM
i've been bashing hasbro quite a lot the past two or so weeks for various reasons but i have to give them credit for coming through with all the clones (though a commander cody would've been the icing on the cake).

if nothing else, hasbro has spared me from the nightmare of trying to paint my own commander gree! :)

Fluke Skywalker
07-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Amen! All the re-packed/re-repainted Wookies and aliens couldn't dampen my spirit after seeing all of these Clones.

Bad pun time... 'Send in the Clones!'

X13VADER
07-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Bring Them On In Large Numbers. Its Army Build Time.you Can Never Have Enough Stormtroopers. Opps... I Mean Clone Troopers.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 09:26 AM
I think its good that Hasbro is giving us the clones. I am glad its at the same time as the other repacks, so I dont have to spend as much money.

bearauto
07-14-2005, 03:14 PM
According to GH, "no sign of the Black Clone Pilot, Green Clone Commander, or Red Shock Trooper were on display."

I'm guessing the ones we saw were fakes/customs...

Blackened88
07-14-2005, 03:28 PM
I was thinking the same too.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 04:06 PM
I would hope they were customs, I cant see Hasbro making them as Clone troopers or CLone Pilots when they had specific names

CrunchyNug
07-14-2005, 07:18 PM
According to GH, "no sign of the Black Clone Pilot, Green Clone Commander, or Red Shock Trooper were on display."

I'm guessing the ones we saw were fakes/customs...

I hear that. It's always hard to tell sometimes when these "images" surface on the net. I'll have to ask Hasbro myself when I go down there. Personally, I'd love to see all 3, but at this point I'm not gonna hold my breath.

ew2seal
07-14-2005, 09:54 PM
i just wonder how easy to find, the new clones, will be. i am a army builder fan myself. i have a feeling the repaints will be hard to find and the new stuff listed will be hard to find because of all the peg warming items out there. no store will put them in stock. it looks like the rest of my buying may mostly be internet again. sucks!!! why cant hasbro get the army building idea rite? make alot of the troop stuff hasbro before you are has beens. any one agree. you ruin army building for us fans.

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 02:49 AM
Im def. excited about the new clones, Ill be getting the three new ones from the 12, and prehaps a few more, but well see as time goes on...

DarkArtist
07-15-2005, 12:43 PM
"Clones Clones the Magical Troops, the more you have the more you can Shoot." :p :p :p :crazed: :crazed:

Hey I'm all for clones of every color and legion available, bring them on, besides now that we are getting Gree we need troopers for him to lead.

Plus there is always the outside chance that if we are getting Utapau Troops perhaps the future holds the chance of seeing a Cody in 06 on the new OTC cards. Here's hoping. :)

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 12:48 PM
"Clones Clones the Magical Troops, the more you have the more you can Shoot." :p :p :p :crazed: :crazed:

Hey I'm all for clones of every color and legion available, bring them on, besides now that we are getting Gree we need troopers for him to lead.

Plus there is always the outside chance that if we are getting Utapau Troops perhaps the future holds the chance of seeing a Cody in 06 on the new OTC cards. Here's hoping. :)

Yes, here is to hoping! and I like the jingle darkartist! :D

jedi master sal
07-15-2005, 04:38 PM
I've posted something similar to this before but I'll reiterate it here.
Since we are getting these "new" clones then we should expect others next year.
With the obvious lack of Cody, then the next best thing would be a Utapaun Clone 5-pack set.

Imagine it~~~~
Commander Cody
Lt. Fox (Clone with ridges on helmet)
3 Cody grunts

Damn, that would be a hot seller!!!
We need alot of grunts and Cody was in more than one scene for those of us who like to scene or diorama build. Fox was even in different scenes (or others just like his armor style/deco)

I'm not at all for the 3-pack non-poseable sets. Yes of course I'll get them since they are cheap and will fill in the gaps. But a nice SA 5-pack as mentioned above would not just hit a homer for Hasbro, but a GRAND SLAM!

Am I wrong on this or what?
-Sal

bearauto
07-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Holy Moly...GH is reporting:

Target Exclusive Stealth Clone Trooper

WhereIsTheDefel
07-16-2005, 02:46 AM
Yeah, but how many of these clones were actually in the movie?

The black clone pilot, green commander (maybe the red commander already out there) and this new stealth trooper aren't part of the movie or the EU world of books/comics.

I would prefer that Hasbro make all of the clones that were actually IN the movie.

Where's the AT-TE gunner again?

ROTJLuke
07-16-2005, 04:49 AM
We def. have a huge varitey of clones to choose from now, so army builders are mre than likely rejoycing. As for myself, Ill prob. only snag a select few..but well see how it goes...:)

jedi master sal
07-16-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm an army builder and I can say that I'm NOT rejoicing. I'm happy about Bly and Gree (though he's less than what I expected-seen better customs on the net) and of course the spec ops trooper. But I'm getting REAL tired of variant clone NOT in the frickin' movie!!!

We still don't have Utapau Clones, Shocktroopers, Kashyyyk Camo Scouts, Grey Coruscant Clones, Snow-Clones (Mygeeto-with Bacara).

That's FIVE variations there that WERE in the movie. Even if rumors are true about the 3-packs for the Shocktrooper and possibly the Utapau clones, I'm not liking it. I want SA clones damnit. Enough with the static pose crap and "non-movie, whatever the hell drug you were on, tripping full of colors, ideas for clones!!!"

These non-movie variant clones are Sh** CRAP!

Give us the movie clones first!

Blackened88
07-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Jedi Master Sal GH already confirmed the Shocktrooper fig, I myself don't like #6 and would prefer #41 but it's still something.

jedi master sal
07-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I saw that a couple of days ago, then heard it was a fake and didn't find out until after I posted above that the Shocktrooper was indeed real. Some guys over on RS have said they've found the Shocktrooper and Green Commander in the Crispy Anakin case.

Hmm, It's the weekend and terribly hot in my apartment. I think I'm going to do a toy run now and then a middle of the night run...

I'll let you guys know how I fare.

If I get the good stuff, I'll post pics PRONTO.

Whoever gets these POST PICS!!! perferably loose so we can see them from all angles. (That's how I'm going to do it)

-Sal

Blackened88
07-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Good luck Sal, happy hunting.

ROTJLuke
07-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Yes, Indeed happy hunting, my journey will start tomorrow at 7a.m, so I can grab a pack of smokes and maybe a cup of coffe or a moca late, lol, (Im 18 and I act like Im a 30yo manhattan business man) What can I say? Im professional when it comes to my SW figures. Just wait till the Saga II figures come out, Ill be all over those! :) But I wouldnt mind picking up the Green # 33, and if I see Red # 6 Ill prob. snag it. But yes, happy hunting indeed to all!! :) :)

jedi master sal
07-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Well, I had no luck findign the Shocktrooper or Green Commander, but did luck into the Vader 500, Jedi VS Sith Battlepack, nd wave of SW M&M figs and several SW "Back to School" items. So, not a bad run at all.

Dang though, I just know these are going to be near impossible to find...

Umbra
07-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Well, I had no luck findign the Shocktrooper or Green Commander, but did luck into the Vader 500, Jedi VS Sith Battlepack, nd wave of SW M&M figs and several SW "Back to School" items. So, not a bad run at all.

Dang though, I just know these are going to be near impossible to find...

What store had the jedi vs Sith Pack, so far i've only heard of it being found in Kmart, but it isnt exclusive is it?

jedi master sal
07-18-2005, 06:21 PM
What store had the jedi vs Sith Pack, so far i've only heard of it being found in Kmart, but it isnt exclusive is it?

I've only seen it once at KMart and the other collectors in my area report only finding it there as well.

IIRC, KMart has two battle packs exclusives. If so this is one and the Jedi Temple Assault is the other. Either that or Hasbro got the Battle Packs to KMart early for picking up the exclusive... Just a guess though.

-Sal

CrunchyNug
07-18-2005, 06:58 PM
I will say that after spending a few days at Comic-Con, talking to the Hasbro guys, attending the Q&A presentation, and seeing all the new stuff for myself...I am still excited about all the new Clones on the way. Personally, I don't care whether or not these troops actually appeared in the movie, as long as they look kick-*****, that's fine by me. I must admit that my only dissappointment was learning that the Jedi Temple Assault Battlepack will be a Kmart exclusive. I rarely have any luck finding things there. But send in the Clones...

bearauto
07-19-2005, 02:28 PM
rebscum reported that actionhq had some of those new variant troopers in stock this morning! Key word being HAD.

I guess they should be hitting the shelves soon!

Edit:

Here were their prices:

$16.95 for Shock
$16.95 for Green Commander
$29.95 for Black Pilot

Yikes...!